Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: hbbe3
Description: hemoglobin beta embryonic-3
Alias: zgc:110736, hemoglobin beta embryonic-3, beta e3 globin, embryonic globin beta e3
- Aluru N, Jenny M, Hahn M. Knockdown of a zebrafish aryl hydrocarbon receptor repressor (AHRRa) affects expression of genes related to photoreceptor development and hematopoiesis. Toxicol Sci. 2014;139:381-95 pubmed publisher..AHRRa knockdown also caused up-regulation of embryonic hemoglobin (hbbe3), suggesting a role for AHRR in regulating hematopoiesis...
- Yeh J, Munson K, Chao Y, Peterson Q, Macrae C, Peterson R. AML1-ETO reprograms hematopoietic cell fate by downregulating scl expression. Development. 2008;135:401-10 pubmed..Thus, this zebrafish model facilitates in vivo dissection of AML1-ETO-mediated signaling, and will enable large-scale chemical screens to identify suppressors of the in vivo effects of AML1-ETO. ..
- van Rooij F, Qayyum R, Smith A, Zhou Y, Trompet S, Tanaka T, et al. Genome-wide Trans-ethnic Meta-analysis Identifies Seven Genetic Loci Influencing Erythrocyte Traits and a Role for RBPMS in Erythropoiesis. Am J Hum Genet. 2017;100:51-63 pubmed publisher..Our findings show the utility of trans-ethnic GWASs for discovery and characterization of genetic loci influencing hematologic traits. ..
- Davidson A, Ernst P, Wang Y, Dekens M, Kingsley P, Palis J, et al. cdx4 mutants fail to specify blood progenitors and can be rescued by multiple hox genes. Nature. 2003;425:300-6 pubmed..Taken together, these findings demonstrate that cdx4 regulates hox genes and is necessary for the specification of haematopoietic cell fate during vertebrate embryogenesis. ..
- Galloway J, Wingert R, Thisse C, Thisse B, Zon L. Combinatorial regulation of novel erythroid gene expression in zebrafish. Exp Hematol. 2008;36:424-32 pubmed publisher..Additionally, these studies establish that blood gene expression programs are regulated by transcription factors acting in combination during erythroid maturation. ..
- Li X, Jia S, Wang S, Wang Y, Meng A. Mta3-NuRD complex is a master regulator for initiation of primitive hematopoiesis in vertebrate embryos. Blood. 2009;114:5464-72 pubmed publisher..We conclude that Mta3-NuRD complex is essential for the initiation of primitive hematopoiesis. Thus, our findings provide new insight into the regulatory hierarchy of primitive hematopoiesis in vertebrates. ..
- Gardiner M, Gongora M, Grimmond S, Perkins A. A global role for zebrafish klf4 in embryonic erythropoiesis. Mech Dev. 2007;124:762-74 pubmed..In addition, we show klf4 preferentially binds CACCC box elements in the primitive zebrafish beta-like globin gene promoters. These results have global implications for primitive erythroid gene regulation by KLF-CACCC box interactions. ..
- FernÃ¡ndez Murray J, Prykhozhij S, Dufay J, Steele S, Gaston D, Nasrallah G, et al. Glycine and Folate Ameliorate Models of Congenital Sideroblastic Anemia. PLoS Genet. 2016;12:e1005783 pubmed publisher..Given the tolerability of glycine and folate in humans, this study points to a potential novel treatment for SLC25A38 congenital sideroblastic anemia. ..
- Zhang T, Zhou X, Ma X, Liu J. Mechanisms of cadmium-caused eye hypoplasia and hypopigmentation in zebrafish embryos. Aquat Toxicol. 2015;167:68-76 pubmed publisher..Moreover, we found that compounds BIO or RA could neutralize the toxic effects of Cd. ..
- Liu Y, Du L, Osato M, Teo E, Qian F, Jin H, et al. The zebrafish udu gene encodes a novel nuclear factor and is essential for primitive erythroid cell development. Blood. 2007;110:99-106 pubmed..Our study indicates that the Udu protein is very likely to function as a transcription modulator essential for the proliferation and differentiation of erythroid lineage...
- Bai X, Kim J, Yang Z, Jurynec M, Akie T, Lee J, et al. TIF1gamma controls erythroid cell fate by regulating transcription elongation. Cell. 2010;142:133-43 pubmed publisher..Our study establishes a mechanism for regulating tissue cell fate and differentiation through transcription elongation. ..
- Horsfield J, Anagnostou S, Hu J, Cho K, Geisler R, Lieschke G, et al. Cohesin-dependent regulation of Runx genes. Development. 2007;134:2639-49 pubmed..Our findings provide evidence for a novel role for cohesin in development, and indicate potential for monoallelic loss of cohesin subunits to alter gene expression. ..
- Ceinos R, Torres Nuñez E, Chamorro R, Novoa B, Figueras A, Ruane N, et al. Critical role of the matricellular protein SPARC in mediating erythroid progenitor cell development in zebrafish. Cells Tissues Organs. 2013;197:196-208 pubmed publisher..These results establish a role for an ECM protein (Sparc) as an important regulator of embryonic haematopoiesis during early development in zebrafish. ..
- Imamura S, Uchiyama J, Koshimizu E, Hanai J, Raftopoulou C, Murphey R, et al. A non-canonical function of zebrafish telomerase reverse transcriptase is required for developmental hematopoiesis. PLoS ONE. 2008;3:e3364 pubmed publisher..The data also provide insights into a non-canonical pathway by which TERT functions to modulate specification of hematopoietic stem/progenitor cells during vertebrate development. (276 words). ..
- Onnebo S, Condron M, McPhee D, Lieschke G, Ward A. Hematopoietic perturbation in zebrafish expressing a tel-jak2a fusion. Exp Hematol. 2005;33:182-8 pubmed..These results indicate that the zebrafish tel-jak2a oncoprotein is functional, and suggest that this organism will be useful for the experimental study of myeloid malignancy. ..
- Hogan B, Pase L, Hall N, Lieschke G. Characterisation of duplicate zinc finger like 2 erythroid precursor genes in zebrafish. Dev Genes Evol. 2006;216:523-9 pubmed..The production of loss-of-function models for znfl2, znfl2b and znfl2/znfl2b together suggested that these erythrocyte specific zinc finger genes are dispensible for erythropoiesis. ..
- Craig M, Grajevskaja V, Liao H, Balciuniene J, Ekker S, Park J, et al. Etv2 and fli1b function together as key regulators of vasculogenesis and angiogenesis. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2015;35:865-76 pubmed publisher..Etv2 alone is required for early vasculogenesis, whereas Etv2 and Fli1b function redundantly during late vasculogenesis and early embryonic angiogenesis. ..
- Yue R, Kang J, Zhao C, Hu W, Tang Y, Liu X, et al. Beta-arrestin1 regulates zebrafish hematopoiesis through binding to YY1 and relieving polycomb group repression. Cell. 2009;139:535-46 pubmed publisher..Taken together, this study demonstrated a critical role of beta-arrestin1 during zebrafish primitive hematopoiesis, as well as an important regulator of PcG proteins and cdx4-hox pathway. ..
- Zhang Z, Jia H, Zhang Q, Wan Y, Zhou Y, Jia Q, et al. Assessment of hematopoietic failure due to Rpl11 deficiency in a zebrafish model of Diamond-Blackfan anemia by deep sequencing. BMC Genomics. 2013;14:896 pubmed publisher..The present analyses demonstrate that Rpl11-deficient zebrafish may serve as a model of DBA and may provide insights into the pathogenesis of mutant RPL11-mediated human DBA disease...
- Sandoval I, Manos E, Van Wagoner R, Delacruz R, Edes K, Winge D, et al. Juxtaposition of chemical and mutation-induced developmental defects in zebrafish reveal a copper-chelating activity for kalihinol F. Chem Biol. 2013;20:753-63 pubmed publisher..Our data support this mechanism of action for kalihinol F and the utility of zebrafish as an effective system for identifying therapeutic and target pathways. ..
- Gerri C, Marín Juez R, Marass M, Marks A, Maischein H, Stainier D. Hif-1α regulates macrophage-endothelial interactions during blood vessel development in zebrafish. Nat Commun. 2017;8:15492 pubmed publisher..Altogether, our data provide genetic evidence that Hif-1α regulates interactions between macrophages and endothelial cells starting with the mobilization of macrophages from the AGM. ..
- McReynolds L, Gupta S, Figueroa M, Mullins M, Evans T. Smad1 and Smad5 differentially regulate embryonic hematopoiesis. Blood. 2007;110:3881-90 pubmed..Our results suggest that specificity of BMP signaling output, with respect to hematopoiesis, can be explained by differential functions of Smad1 and Smad5. ..
- Keightley M, Carradice D, Layton J, Pase L, Bertrand J, Wittig J, et al. The Pu.1 target gene Zbtb11 regulates neutrophil development through its integrase-like HHCC zinc finger. Nat Commun. 2017;8:14911 pubmed publisher..We demonstrate that the PU.1-ZBTB11-TP53 pathway is conserved from fish to mammals. Finally, Zbtb11 mutant rescue experiments point to a ZBTB11-regulated TP53 requirement in development of other organs. ..
- Cvejic A, Serbanovic Canic J, Stemple D, Ouwehand W. The role of meis1 in primitive and definitive hematopoiesis during zebrafish development. Haematologica. 2011;96:190-8 pubmed publisher..These results imply that meis1, jointly with pbx1, regulates primitive hematopoiesis as well as vascular development. ..
- Zhang Y, Ear J, Yang Z, Morimoto K, Zhang B, Lin S. Defects of protein production in erythroid cells revealed in a zebrafish Diamond-Blackfan anemia model for mutation in RPS19. Cell Death Dis. 2014;5:e1352 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, the newly generated rps19 zebrafish mutant should serve as a useful animal model to study DBA. Our in vivo findings may provide clues for the future therapy strategy for DBA. ..
- Oates A, Brownlie A, Pratt S, Irvine D, Liao E, Paw B, et al. Gene duplication of zebrafish JAK2 homologs is accompanied by divergent embryonic expression patterns: only jak2a is expressed during erythropoiesis. Blood. 1999;94:2622-36 pubmed..Taken together with recent gene knockout data in the mouse, we suggest that jak2a may be functionally equivalent to mammalian Jak2, with a role in early erythropoiesis. ..
- Hanaoka R, Katayama S, Dawid I, Kawahara A. Characterization of the heme synthesis enzyme coproporphyrinogen oxidase (CPO) in zebrafish erythrogenesis. Genes Cells. 2006;11:293-303 pubmed
- Hirabayashi R, Hozumi S, Higashijima S, Kikuchi Y. Ddx46 is required for multi-lineage differentiation of hematopoietic stem cells in zebrafish. Stem Cells Dev. 2013;22:2532-42 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our results provide the first genetic evidence that zebrafish Ddx46 is required for the multilineage differentiation of HSCs during development, through the regulation of specific gene expressions. ..
- Delgado Olguin P, Brand Arzamendi K, Scott I, Jungblut B, Stainier D, Bruneau B, et al. CTCF promotes muscle differentiation by modulating the activity of myogenic regulatory factors. J Biol Chem. 2011;286:12483-94 pubmed publisher..We conclude that CTCF modulates MRF functional interactions in the orchestration of myogenesis. ..
- Dooley K, Fraenkel P, Langer N, Schmid B, Davidson A, Weber G, et al. montalcino, A zebrafish model for variegate porphyria. Exp Hematol. 2008;36:1132-42 pubmed publisher..Thus, mno represents a powerful model for investigation, and a tool for future screens aimed at identifying chemical modifiers of variegate porphyria. ..
- ..Here, we provide a broad overview of vertebrate hematopoiesis. We also highlight the benefits of using zebrafish as a model...
- Svoboda O, Stachura D, Machonova O, Zon L, Traver D, Bartunek P. Ex vivo tools for the clonal analysis of zebrafish hematopoiesis. Nat Protoc. 2016;11:1007-20 pubmed publisher..The present protocol should facilitate such studies on cells derived from zebrafish. ..
- Musso G, Tasan M, Mosimann C, Beaver J, Plovie E, Carr L, et al. Novel cardiovascular gene functions revealed via systematic phenotype prediction in zebrafish. Development. 2014;141:224-35 pubmed publisher..Thus, we show that systematic prioritization in zebrafish can accelerate the pace of developmental gene function discovery. ..
- Nefedochkina A, Petrova N, Ioudinkova E, Kovina A, Iarovaia O, Razin S. Characterization of the enhancer element of the Danio rerio minor globin gene locus. Histochem Cell Biol. 2016;145:463-73 pubmed publisher..Both enhancers appear to have emerged as a result of independent evolution of a duplicated regulatory element present in an ancestral single alpha-/beta-globin locus that existed before teleost-specific genome duplication. ..
- Kalev Zylinska M, Horsfield J, Flores M, Postlethwait J, Chau J, Cattin P, et al. Runx3 is required for hematopoietic development in zebrafish. Dev Dyn. 2003;228:323-36 pubmed..We propose a role for Runx3 in the regulation of blood cell numbers. ..
- Wang F, Zhu Y, Guo L, Dong L, Liu H, Yin H, et al. A regulatory circuit comprising GATA1/2 switch and microRNA-27a/24 promotes erythropoiesis. Nucleic Acids Res. 2014;42:442-57 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these data integrated micro RNA expression and function into GATA factor coordinated networks and provided mechanistic insight into a regulatory circuit that comprised GATA1/2 switch and miR-27a/24 in erythropoiesis...