Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: hbbe2
Description: hemoglobin beta embryonic-2
Alias: hemoglobin beta embryonic-2, embryonic globin beta e2
- Su Z, Si W, Li L, Zhou B, Li X, Xu Y, et al. MiR-144 regulates hematopoiesis and vascular development by targeting meis1 during zebrafish development. Int J Biochem Cell Biol. 2014;49:53-63 pubmed publisher..These findings establish miR-144 as a novel miRNA that regulates hematopoiesis and vascular development by repressing expression of meis1. ..
- Wild R, Klems A, Takamiya M, Hayashi Y, Strahle U, Ando K, et al. Neuronal sFlt1 and Vegfaa determine venous sprouting and spinal cord vascularization. Nat Commun. 2017;8:13991 pubmed publisher..Conceptually, our data suggest that spinal cord vascularization proceeds from veins involving two-tiered regulation of neuronal sFlt1 and Vegfaa via a novel sprouting mode. ..
- Brownlie A, Hersey C, Oates A, Paw B, Falick A, Witkowska H, et al. Characterization of embryonic globin genes of the zebrafish. Dev Biol. 2003;255:48-61 pubmed..Our studies are the first to systematically evaluate the embryonic globins in the zebrafish and will ultimately be useful in evaluating zebrafish mutants with defects in hemoglobin production and switching. ..
- Hanaoka R, Katayama S, Dawid I, Kawahara A. Characterization of the heme synthesis enzyme coproporphyrinogen oxidase (CPO) in zebrafish erythrogenesis. Genes Cells. 2006;11:293-303 pubmed
- Wang H, Li Y, Wang S, Zhang Q, Zheng J, Yang Y, et al. Knockdown of transcription factor forkhead box O3 (FOXO3) suppresses erythroid differentiation in human cells and zebrafish. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2015;460:923-30 pubmed publisher..In zebrafish, injection of foxo3b-specific morpholinos (foxo3b MO) resulted in reduced globin (hbae1 and hbbe2) and gata1 gene expression...
- Warga R, Wicklund A, Webster S, Kane D. Progressive loss of RacGAP1/ogre activity has sequential effects on cytokinesis and zebrafish development. Dev Biol. 2016;418:307-22 pubmed publisher..We conclude that while RacGAP1 function is crucial for cytokinesis and its activity at different levels controls different aspects of cytokinesis, these defects have occluded other critical roles of this interesting protein. ..