Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: hbbe1.1
Description: hemoglobin beta embryonic-1.1
Alias: SI:dZ118J2.7, SI:dZ118J2.9, bE1, hbbe1, ns:zf-e400, si:busm1-118j2.5, si:by119c3.2, zf-e400, hemoglobin beta embryonic-1.1, betae1globin, embryonic 1 beta-globin E1, hemoglobin beta embryonic-1, hemoglobin beta embryonic-like
- Yergeau D, Cornell C, Parker S, Zhou Y, Detrich H. bloodthirsty, an RBCC/TRIM gene required for erythropoiesis in zebrafish. Dev Biol. 2005;283:97-112 pubmed..We conclude that bty is likely to play a role in differentiation of the committed red cell progenitor. ..
- Meier N, Krpic S, Rodriguez P, Strouboulis J, Monti M, Krijgsveld J, et al. Novel binding partners of Ldb1 are required for haematopoietic development. Development. 2006;133:4913-23 pubmed
- Ma A, Fan A, Ward A, Liongue C, Lewis R, Cheng S, et al. A novel zebrafish jak2a(V581F) model shared features of human JAK2(V617F) polycythemia vera. Exp Hematol. 2009;37:1379-1386.e4 pubmed publisher..In this study, we generated a zebrafish ortholog of human JAK2(V617F) (referred herewith jak2a(V581F)) by site-directed mutagenesis and examined its relevance as a model of human PV...
- Sumanas S, Jorniak T, Lin S. Identification of novel vascular endothelial-specific genes by the microarray analysis of the zebrafish cloche mutants. Blood. 2005;106:534-41 pubmed..Further functional studies of these novel genes should help to elucidate critical early steps leading to the formation of vertebrate blood vessels. ..
- Brownlie A, Hersey C, Oates A, Paw B, Falick A, Witkowska H, et al. Characterization of embryonic globin genes of the zebrafish. Dev Biol. 2003;255:48-61 pubmed..Our studies are the first to systematically evaluate the embryonic globins in the zebrafish and will ultimately be useful in evaluating zebrafish mutants with defects in hemoglobin production and switching. ..
- Dolgushin K, Petrova N, Iudinkova E, Razin S, Iarovaia O. [Joint locus of a/b-globin genes in Danio rerio is segregated into structural subdomains active at different stages of development]. Mol Biol (Mosk). 2015;49:498-506 pubmed publisher..These observations suggest that joint a/b globin gene domain of Danio rerio is segregated into two structural subdomain harboring adult and embryonic-larval globin genes. ..
- Hart D, Santra M, Raha T, Green M. Selective interaction between Trf3 and Taf3 required for early development and hematopoiesis. Dev Dyn. 2009;238:2540-9 pubmed publisher..Finally, we provide evidence that TRF3 and TAF3 are also required for hematopoiesis initiation in the mouse. ..
- Rajagopal A, Rao A, Amigo J, Tian M, Upadhyay S, Hall C, et al. Haem homeostasis is regulated by the conserved and concerted functions of HRG-1 proteins. Nature. 2008;453:1127-31 pubmed publisher..Thus, uncovering the mechanisms of haem transport in C. elegans may provide insights into human disorders of haem metabolism and reveal new drug targets for developing anthelminthics to combat worm infestations. ..
- Galloway J, Wingert R, Thisse C, Thisse B, Zon L. Loss of gata1 but not gata2 converts erythropoiesis to myelopoiesis in zebrafish embryos. Dev Cell. 2005;8:109-16 pubmed..Our studies establish a transcriptional hierarchy of Gata factor dependence during hematopoiesis and demonstrate that gata1 plays an integral role in directing myelo-erythroid lineage fate decisions during embryogenesis. ..
- Paffett Lugassy N, Hsia N, Fraenkel P, Paw B, Leshinsky I, Barut B, et al. Functional conservation of erythropoietin signaling in zebrafish. Blood. 2007;110:2718-26 pubmed..Together, the characterization of zebrafish epo and epor demonstrates the conservation of an ancient program that ensures proper red blood cell numbers during normal homeostasis and under hypoxic conditions. ..
- Henry T, Menn F, Fleming J, Wilgus J, Compton R, Sayler G. Attributing effects of aqueous C60 nano-aggregates to tetrahydrofuran decomposition products in larval zebrafish by assessment of gene expression. Environ Health Perspect. 2007;115:1059-65 pubmed..Previous research has indicated toxicity from C(60) aggregate; however, effects could be because of tetrahydrofuran (THF) vehicle used to prepare aggregates...
- Gering M, Yamada Y, Rabbitts T, Patient R. Lmo2 and Scl/Tal1 convert non-axial mesoderm into haemangioblasts which differentiate into endothelial cells in the absence of Gata1. Development. 2003;130:6187-99 pubmed..These results suggest that, in the absence of inducers of erythroid or myeloid haematopoiesis, Scl/Tal1-Lmo2-induced haemangioblasts differentiate into endothelial cells. ..
- Sung J, Jeon J, Lee J, Kim C. Zebrafish Jak2a plays a crucial role in definitive hematopoiesis and blood vessel formation. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2009;378:629-33 pubmed publisher..reduced in Jak2a knockdown embryos at 36hpf, whereas expression of other hematopoietic markers, primitive be1 globin, gata-1, and scl, were unaffected...
- Songhet P, Adzic D, Reibe S, Rohr K. fgf1 is required for normal differentiation of erythrocytes in zebrafish primitive hematopoiesis. Dev Dyn. 2007;236:633-43 pubmed..As its knockdown in zebrafish changes expression of gata1, a gene involved in hematopoietic stem cell decisions, FGF1 should be considered to play a role in the pathogenesis of del(5q) syndrome. ..
- Mei Y, Yin N, Jin X, He J, Yin Z. The regulatory role of the adrenergic agonists phenylephrine and isoproterenol on fetal hemoglobin expression and erythroid differentiation. Endocrinology. 2013;154:4640-9 pubmed publisher..agonists phenylephrine (PE) and isoproterenol (ISO) can induce the production of ?-hemoglobin embryonic 1 (hbbe1) mRNA and protein in adult zebrafish erythrocytes...
- Brownlie A, Donovan A, Pratt S, Paw B, Oates A, Brugnara C, et al. Positional cloning of the zebrafish sauternes gene: a model for congenital sideroblastic anaemia. Nat Genet. 1998;20:244-50 pubmed..As mutations in ALAS2 cause congenital sideroblastic anaemia (CSA) in humans, sau represents the first animal model of this disease. ..
- Wang H, Zhou Q, Kesinger J, Norris C, Valdez C. Heme regulates exocrine peptidase precursor genes in zebrafish. Exp Biol Med (Maywood). 2007;232:1170-80 pubmed..Our findings provide a better understanding of heme deficiency pathogenesis and enhance our ability to diagnose and treat patients with porphyria or pancreatic diseases. ..
- Rampon C, Bouzaffour M, Ostuni M, Dufourcq P, Girard C, Freyssinet J, et al. Translocator protein (18 kDa) is involved in primitive erythropoiesis in zebrafish. FASEB J. 2009;23:4181-92 pubmed publisher..Although unexpected, this lack of blood cells is independent of the Tspo cholesterol binding site and reveals a new in vivo key role for Tspo during erythropoiesis. ..
- Chu C, Cheng C, Chen G, Chen Y, Hung C, Huang K, et al. The zebrafish erythropoietin: functional identification and biochemical characterization. FEBS Lett. 2007;581:4265-71 pubmed..Furthermore, in the absence of functional zEpo, the expression of specific markers for adult globin genes, such as alphaA1- and betaA1-globin, but not the embryonic betae1-globin, was affected. ..
- Wingert R, Galloway J, Barut B, Foott H, Fraenkel P, Axe J, et al. Deficiency of glutaredoxin 5 reveals Fe-S clusters are required for vertebrate haem synthesis. Nature. 2005;436:1035-39 pubmed..These findings uncover a connection between haem biosynthesis and Fe-S clusters, indicating that haemoglobin production in the differentiating red cell is regulated through Fe-S cluster assembly. ..