Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: hbae3
Description: hemoglobin alpha embryonic-3
Alias: fb57a06, globin, si:by119c3.4, wu:fb57a06, zgc:86867, hemoglobin alpha embryonic-3, dZ118J2.11 (novel alpha-globin)
- Zhou T, Wang L, Zhu K, Dong M, Xu P, Chen Y, et al. Dominant-negative C/ebp? and polycomb group protein Bmi1 extend short-lived hematopoietic stem/progenitor cell life span and induce lethal dyserythropoiesis. Blood. 2011;118:3842-52 pubmed publisher..The results indicate that Bmi1 acts immediately downstream of C/ebp?DN to regulate the survival and self-renewal of HSPCs and contribute to the erythropoietic dysplasia. ..
- Yuan H, Zhou J, Deng M, Zhang Y, Chen Y, Jin Y, et al. Sumoylation of CCAAT/enhancer-binding protein ? promotes the biased primitive hematopoiesis of zebrafish. Blood. 2011;117:7014-20 pubmed publisher..Our results therefore implicate sumoylation in early lineage determination and reveal the possible molecular mechanism underlying the puzzling biased primitive hematopoiesis in vertebrates. ..
- Wang H, Zhou Q, Kesinger J, Norris C, Valdez C. Heme regulates exocrine peptidase precursor genes in zebrafish. Exp Biol Med (Maywood). 2007;232:1170-80 pubmed..Our findings provide a better understanding of heme deficiency pathogenesis and enhance our ability to diagnose and treat patients with porphyria or pancreatic diseases. ..
- ..Here, we provide a broad overview of vertebrate hematopoiesis. We also highlight the benefits of using zebrafish as a model...
- Schumacher J, Zhao E, Kofron M, Sumanas S. Two-color fluorescent in situ hybridization using chromogenic substrates in zebrafish. Biotechniques. 2014;57:254-6 pubmed publisher..Although tested in zebrafish, a similar approach is expected to be applicable to ISH in any model organism. ..
- Torregroza I, Holtzinger A, Mendelson K, Liu T, Hla T, Evans T. Regulation of a vascular plexus by gata4 is mediated in zebrafish through the chemokine sdf1a. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e46844 pubmed publisher..Our study shows that the gata4 gene regulates sdf1a levels during early embryogenesis, which impacts embryonic patterning and subsequently the development of the caudal vascular plexus. ..
- Kovina A, Petrova N, Gushchanskaya E, Dolgushin K, Gerasimov E, Galitsyna A, et al. Evolution of the Genome 3D Organization: Comparison of Fused and Segregated Globin Gene Clusters. Mol Biol Evol. 2017;34:1492-1504 pubmed publisher..Here, we have studied the 3D organization and regulation of zebrafish globin gene domain and compared its organization and regulation with those of other vertebrate species...
- Sumanas S, Jorniak T, Lin S. Identification of novel vascular endothelial-specific genes by the microarray analysis of the zebrafish cloche mutants. Blood. 2005;106:534-41 pubmed..Further functional studies of these novel genes should help to elucidate critical early steps leading to the formation of vertebrate blood vessels. ..
- Brownlie A, Hersey C, Oates A, Paw B, Falick A, Witkowska H, et al. Characterization of embryonic globin genes of the zebrafish. Dev Biol. 2003;255:48-61 pubmedHemoglobin switching is a complex process by which distinct globin chains are produced during stages of development...
- Keightley M, Layton J, Hayman J, Heath J, Lieschke G. Mediator subunit 12 is required for neutrophil development in zebrafish. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e23845 pubmed publisher..Syr shows defects in hematopoiesis, which predominantly affect the myeloid lineage. Syr has identified a hematopoietic cell-specific requirement for Med12, suggesting a new role for this transcriptional regulator. ..
- Zhang Z, Jia H, Zhang Q, Wan Y, Zhou Y, Jia Q, et al. Assessment of hematopoietic failure due to Rpl11 deficiency in a zebrafish model of Diamond-Blackfan anemia by deep sequencing. BMC Genomics. 2013;14:896 pubmed publisher..The present analyses demonstrate that Rpl11-deficient zebrafish may serve as a model of DBA and may provide insights into the pathogenesis of mutant RPL11-mediated human DBA disease...
- Lobo G, Isken A, Hoff S, Babino D, von Lintig J. BCDO2 acts as a carotenoid scavenger and gatekeeper for the mitochondrial apoptotic pathway. Development. 2012;139:2966-77 pubmed publisher..Thus, our study identifying BCDO2 as a crucial protective component against oxidative stress establishes this enzyme as mitochondrial carotenoid scavenger and a gatekeeper of the intrinsic apoptotic pathway. ..
- Glenn N, Schumacher J, Kim H, Zhao E, Skerniskyte J, Sumanas S. Distinct regulation of the anterior and posterior myeloperoxidase expression by Etv2 and Gata1 during primitive Granulopoiesis in zebrafish. Dev Biol. 2014;393:149-159 pubmed publisher..Our results demonstrate that mpx expression is controlled differently in the ALPM and PLPM regions and describe novel roles for etv2 and gata1 during primitive neutropoiesis. ..
- Tryon R, Pisat N, Johnson S, Dougherty J. Development of translating ribosome affinity purification for zebrafish. Genesis. 2013;51:187-92 pubmed publisher..We have also generated a generic EGFP-rpl10a Tol2 plasmid construct (Tol2-zTRAP) that can be readily modified to target any additional cell populations with characterized promoters in zebrafish. ..
- Place E, Smith J. Zebrafish atoh8 mutants do not recapitulate morpholino phenotypes. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0171143 pubmed publisher..Vascular patterning and primitive haematopoiesis are unaffected in atoh8sa1465/sa1465 mutant embryos. Together, the data suggest that Atoh8 is dispensible for zebrafish development under standard laboratory conditions. ..
- Pelayo S, Oliveira E, Thienpont B, Babin P, Raldua D, André M, et al. Triiodothyronine-induced changes in the zebrafish transcriptome during the eleutheroembryonic stage: implications for bisphenol A developmental toxicity. Aquat Toxicol. 2012;110-111:114-22 pubmed publisher..Using this information, changes on transcription of three genes (adult alpha globin gene si:ch211-5 k11...
- Pillay L, Forrester A, Erickson T, Berman J, Waskiewicz A. The Hox cofactors Meis1 and Pbx act upstream of gata1 to regulate primitive hematopoiesis. Dev Biol. 2010;340:306-17 pubmed publisher..Concomitant with a loss of gata1, Meis1- and Pbx-depleted embryos exhibit downregulated embryonic hemoglobin (hbae3) expression, and possess increased numbers of pu.1-positive myeloid cells...
- Ear J, Hsueh J, Nguyen M, Zhang Q, Sung V, Chopra R, et al. A Zebrafish Model of 5q-Syndrome Using CRISPR/Cas9 Targeting RPS14 Reveals a p53-Independent and p53-Dependent Mechanism of Erythroid Failure. J Genet Genomics. 2016;43:307-18 pubmed publisher..Finally, we demonstrate the versatility of this model to test various pharmacological agents, such as RAP-011, L-leucine, and dexamethasone in order to identify molecules that can reverse the anemic phenotype. ..
- Taneda T, Zhu W, Cao Q, Watanabe H, Yamaguchi Y, Handa H, et al. Erythropoiesis is regulated by the transcription elongation factor Foggy/Spt5 through gata1 gene regulation. Genes Cells. 2011;16:231-42 pubmed publisher..knockdown of foggy/spt5 has led to a reduction in the expression of gata1 and the gata1 target genes alas2 and hbae3 and inhibited proper hemoglobin production...
- Zhang X, Zhou Q, Zou W, Hu X. Molecular Mechanisms of Developmental Toxicity Induced by Graphene Oxide at Predicted Environmental Concentrations. Environ Sci Technol. 2017;51:7861-7871 pubmed publisher..Because of the potential developmental toxicity of GO at trace concentrations, government administrators and nanomaterial producers should consider its potential risks prior to the widespread environmental exposure to GO. ..
- Gardiner M, Gongora M, Grimmond S, Perkins A. A global role for zebrafish klf4 in embryonic erythropoiesis. Mech Dev. 2007;124:762-74 pubmed..We found a critical role for klf4 in embryonic globin, heme synthesis and hatching gland gene expression...
- Wardle F, Odom D, Bell G, Yuan B, Danford T, Wiellette E, et al. Zebrafish promoter microarrays identify actively transcribed embryonic genes. Genome Biol. 2006;7:R71 pubmed..This approach will allow investigators to determine the genomic binding locations of DNA interacting proteins during development and expedite the assembly of the genetic networks that regulate embryogenesis. ..