Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: hbaa1
Description: hemoglobin, alpha adult 1
Alias: AA1, dZ118J2.2, hemoglobin subunit alpha, alpha-globin aa1, hemoglobin alpha chain
- Vidal G, Scheffler B, Michel A, D Surney S. Genomic and phylogenic comparisons of the alpha-globin and beta-globin intergenic sequences between zebra fish (Danio rerio) and six closely related Cyprinindae species. DNA Cell Biol. 2004;23:325-34 pubmed..This may represent an ancestral configuration prior to transposition of the alpha globin and beta-globin genes families to nonsynteny. ..
- Almeida D, Bianchini A, Marins L. Growth hormone overexpression generates an unfavorable phenotype in juvenile transgenic zebrafish under hypoxic conditions. Gen Comp Endocrinol. 2013;194:102-9 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these findings indicate that GH-transgenesis impaired the ability of juvenile zebrafish to sustain an aerobic metabolism and induced anaerobic metabolism when the fish were challenged with low oxygen levels. ..
- Svoboda O, Stachura D, Machonova O, Zon L, Traver D, Bartunek P. Ex vivo tools for the clonal analysis of zebrafish hematopoiesis. Nat Protoc. 2016;11:1007-20 pubmed publisher..The present protocol should facilitate such studies on cells derived from zebrafish. ..
- Nishiyama T, Kaneda R, Ono T, Tohyama S, Hashimoto H, Endo J, et al. miR-142-3p is essential for hematopoiesis and affects cardiac cell fate in zebrafish. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2012;425:755-61 pubmed publisher..The findings of the present study indicate that miR-142-3p plays a critical role in hematopoiesis, cardiogenesis, and somitegenesis in the early stage of mesoderm formation via regulation of Rock2a. ..
- Chen K, Cole R, Rees B. Hypoxia-induced changes in the zebrafish (Danio rerio) skeletal muscle proteome. J Proteomics. 2013;78:477-85 pubmed publisher..These proteomic changes may contribute to the acclimation of zebrafish to hypoxia, thereby increasing their tolerance of low oxygen concentrations. ..
- Soza Ried C, Hess I, Netuschil N, Schorpp M, Boehm T. Essential role of c-myb in definitive hematopoiesis is evolutionarily conserved. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2010;107:17304-8 pubmed publisher..Our results, therefore, suggest that the key role of c-myb in definitive hematopoiesis is similar to that in mammals and must have become established early in vertebrate evolution. ..
- Mercurio S, Petrillo S, Chiabrando D, Bassi Z, Gays D, Camporeale A, et al. The heme exporter Flvcr1 regulates expansion and differentiation of committed erythroid progenitors by controlling intracellular heme accumulation. Haematologica. 2015;100:720-9 pubmed publisher..Consistently, reduction or increase of the cytosolic heme rescued the erythroid defects in zebrafish deficient in Flvcr1a or Flvcr1b, respectively. Thus, heme export represents a tightly regulated process that controls erythropoiesis. ..
- Chu C, Cheng C, Chen G, Chen Y, Hung C, Huang K, et al. The zebrafish erythropoietin: functional identification and biochemical characterization. FEBS Lett. 2007;581:4265-71 pubmed..Furthermore, in the absence of functional zEpo, the expression of specific markers for adult globin genes, such as alphaA1- and betaA1-globin, but not the embryonic betae1-globin, was affected. ..
- Lin K, Yang Yen H, Lien H, Liao W, Huang C, Lin L, et al. Murine tribbles homolog 2 deficiency affects erythroid progenitor development and confers macrocytic anemia on mice. Sci Rep. 2016;6:31444 pubmed publisher..Taking all data together, our results suggest that Trib2 positively promotes early erythrocyte differentiation and is essential for tolerance to hemolysis. ..
- Lin K, Ho Y, Chiang J, Li M, Lin S, Chen W, et al. Pharmacological activation of lysophosphatidic acid receptors regulates erythropoiesis. Sci Rep. 2016;6:27050 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that LPA2 and LPA3 play opposing roles during RBC differentiation. The pharmacological activation of LPA receptor subtypes represent a novel strategies for augmenting or inhibiting erythropoiesis. ..
- KrjutÅ¡kov K, Koel M, Roost A, Katayama S, Einarsdottir E, Jouhilahti E, et al. Globin mRNA reduction for whole-blood transcriptome sequencing. Sci Rep. 2016;6:31584 pubmed publisher..We show that GL is fully effective not only for human samples but also for mouse and rat, and so far incompletely studied cow, dog and zebrafish. ..
- Kulkeaw K, Ishitani T, Kanemaru T, Fucharoen S, Sugiyama D. Cold exposure down-regulates zebrafish hematopoiesis. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2010;394:859-64 pubmed publisher..transcription factors (Runx1, scl, c-myb and GATA-2) and particularly erythropoiesis-related factors (klfd, hbaa1, ba1, GATA-1, EPO, and EPOr) was down-regulated, whereas myelopoiesis-related factors (csf1a and csf3) was up-..
- Dolgushin K, Petrova N, Iudinkova E, Razin S, Iarovaia O. [Joint locus of a/b-globin genes in Danio rerio is segregated into structural subdomains active at different stages of development]. Mol Biol (Mosk). 2015;49:498-506 pubmed publisher..These observations suggest that joint a/b globin gene domain of Danio rerio is segregated into two structural subdomain harboring adult and embryonic-larval globin genes. ..
- Eb Levadoux Y, Frelon S, Simon O, Arnaudguilhem C, Lobinski R, Mounicou S. In vivo identification of potential uranium protein targets in zebrafish ovaries after chronic waterborne exposure. Metallomics. 2017;9:525-534 pubmed publisher..Potential U targets were mainly involved in three biological processes: oxidative stress regulation (SOD, GST), cytoskeleton structure (actin) and embryo early development (vtg, initiation factor). ..
- Nefedochkina A, Petrova N, Ioudinkova E, Kovina A, Iarovaia O, Razin S. Characterization of the enhancer element of the Danio rerio minor globin gene locus. Histochem Cell Biol. 2016;145:463-73 pubmed publisher..Both enhancers appear to have emerged as a result of independent evolution of a duplicated regulatory element present in an ancestral single alpha-/beta-globin locus that existed before teleost-specific genome duplication. ..