Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: hand2
Description: heart and neural crest derivatives expressed 2
Alias: dhand, han, zdHAND, zgc:103415, heart- and neural crest derivatives-expressed protein 2, deciduum, heart, autonomic nervous system and neural crest derivatives-expressed protein 2, hands off, heart and neural crest derivatives expressed transcript 2
- Nair S, Li W, Cornell R, Schilling T. Requirements for Endothelin type-A receptors and Endothelin-1 signaling in the facial ectoderm for the patterning of skeletogenic neural crest cells in zebrafish. Development. 2007;134:335-45 pubmed..Collectively, our results indicate that Edn1 from the pharyngeal ectoderm signals through Ednra proteins to direct early dorsoventral patterning of the skeletogenic neural crest. ..
- Talbot J, Johnson S, Kimmel C. hand2 and Dlx genes specify dorsal, intermediate and ventral domains within zebrafish pharyngeal arches. Development. 2010;137:2507-17 pubmed publisher..Edn1 activates expression of many genes, including hand2 and Dlx genes. We wanted to know how hand2/Dlx genes might generate distinct domain identities...
- Garrity D, Childs S, Fishman M. The heartstrings mutation in zebrafish causes heart/fin Tbx5 deficiency syndrome. Development. 2002;129:4635-45 pubmed..However, the syndromic deficiencies of tbx5 mutation are remarkably well retained between fish and mammals. ..
- Sasaki M, Nichols J, Kimmel C. edn1 and hand2 Interact in early regulation of pharyngeal arch outgrowth during zebrafish development. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e67522 pubmed publisher..regulation is counterbalanced by a negative one exerted through a pivotal, ventrally expressed Edn1-target gene, hand2. We also describe a new morphogenetic cell movement in the ventral first arch, sweeping cells anterior in the arch ..
- Nissen R, Amsterdam A, Hopkins N. A zebrafish screen for craniofacial mutants identifies wdr68 as a highly conserved gene required for endothelin-1 expression. BMC Dev Biol. 2006;6:28 pubmed..The initial characterization of wdr68 suggests an important role in craniofacial development for the highly conserved Wdr68-Dyrk1 protein complexes. ..
- Lucas M, Muller F, Rüdiger R, Henion P, Rohrer H. The bHLH transcription factor hand2 is essential for noradrenergic differentiation of sympathetic neurons. Development. 2006;133:4015-24 pubmed..Using the zebrafish hand2 deletion mutant hands off, we have now investigated the physiological role of hand2 in the development of sympathetic ganglia...
- Walker M, Miller C, Coffin Talbot J, Stock D, Kimmel C. Zebrafish furin mutants reveal intricacies in regulating Endothelin1 signaling in craniofacial patterning. Dev Biol. 2006;295:194-205 pubmed
- Waxman J, Yelon D. Increased Hox activity mimics the teratogenic effects of excess retinoic acid signaling. Dev Dyn. 2009;238:1207-13 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that Hox activity mediates the differential effects of ectopic RA on atrial and ventricular cardiomyocytes and may underlie the teratogenic effects of RA on the heart. ..
- Kawahara A, Nishi T, Hisano Y, Fukui H, Yamaguchi A, Mochizuki N. The sphingolipid transporter spns2 functions in migration of zebrafish myocardial precursors. Science. 2009;323:524-7 pubmed publisher..Thus, Spns2 in the YSL functions as a S1P transporter in S1P secretion, thereby regulating myocardial precursor migration. ..
- Schoenebeck J, Keegan B, Yelon D. Vessel and blood specification override cardiac potential in anterior mesoderm. Dev Cell. 2007;13:254-67 pubmed..Via fate mapping in zebrafish, we locate cardiac progenitors within hand2-expressing mesoderm and demonstrate that hand2 potentiates cardiac differentiation within this region...
- Yamauchi H, Goto M, Katayama M, Miyake A, Itoh N. Fgf20b is required for the ectomesenchymal fate establishment of cranial neural crest cells in zebrafish. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2011;409:705-10 pubmed publisher..Fgfr1 knockdown embryos also showed dysplastic neurocranial and pharyngeal cartilages. The present findings indicate that Fgf20b is required for ectomesenchymal fate establishment via the activation of Fgfr1 in zebrafish...
- Palencia Desai S, Kohli V, Kang J, Chi N, Black B, Sumanas S. Vascular endothelial and endocardial progenitors differentiate as cardiomyocytes in the absence of Etsrp/Etv2 function. Development. 2011;138:4721-32 pubmed publisher..the absence of Etsrp function, etsrp-expressing endothelial and endocardial progenitors initiate myocardial marker hand2 and cmlc2 expression...
- Miller C, Schilling T, Lee K, Parker J, Kimmel C. sucker encodes a zebrafish Endothelin-1 required for ventral pharyngeal arch development. Development. 2000;127:3815-28 pubmed..Long before chondrogenesis, suc/et-1 mutant embryos have severe defects in ventral arch neural crest expression of dHAND, dlx2, msxE, gsc, dlx3 and EphA3 in the anterior arches. Dorsal expression patterns are unaffected...
- Anderson M, Pham V, Vogel A, Weinstein B, Roman B. Loss of unc45a precipitates arteriovenous shunting in the aortic arches. Dev Biol. 2008;318:258-67 pubmed publisher..Our results are the first to ascribe a role for Unc45a, a putative myosin chaperone, in vertebrate development, and identify a novel mechanism by which an AVM can form...
- Miller C, Yelon D, Stainier D, Kimmel C. Two endothelin 1 effectors, hand2 and bapx1, pattern ventral pharyngeal cartilage and the jaw joint. Development. 2003;130:1353-65 pubmed..Here we present genetic analyses in the zebrafish of two edn1 downstream targets, the bHLH transcription factor Hand2 and the homeobox transcription factor Bapx1, that mediate dorsoventral (DV) patterning in the anterior pharyngeal ..
- Keegan B, Feldman J, Begemann G, Ingham P, Yelon D. Retinoic acid signaling restricts the cardiac progenitor pool. Science. 2005;307:247-9 pubmed..Thus, retinoic acid signaling creates a balance between cardiac and noncardiac identities, thereby refining the dimensions of the cardiac progenitor pool. ..
- Hinits Y, Pan L, Walker C, Dowd J, Moens C, Hughes S. Zebrafish Mef2ca and Mef2cb are essential for both first and second heart field cardiomyocyte differentiation. Dev Biol. 2012;369:199-210 pubmed publisher..5, gata4 and hand2 but results in a dramatic loss of expression of sarcomeric genes and myocardial markers such as bmp4, nppa, smyd1b ..
- Knight R, Javidan Y, Nelson S, Zhang T, Schilling T. Skeletal and pigment cell defects in the lockjaw mutant reveal multiple roles for zebrafish tfap2a in neural crest development. Dev Dyn. 2004;229:87-98 pubmed..Developmental Dynamics 229:87-98, 2004. ..
- Sperber S, Dawid I. barx1 is necessary for ectomesenchyme proliferation and osteochondroprogenitor condensation in the zebrafish pharyngeal arches. Dev Biol. 2008;321:101-10 pubmed publisher..Together, these results indicate an essential role for barx1 at early stages of chondrogenesis within the developing zebrafish viscerocranium. ..
- Garavito Aguilar Z, Riley H, Yelon D. Hand2 ensures an appropriate environment for cardiac fusion by limiting Fibronectin function. Development. 2010;137:3215-20 pubmed publisher..The bHLH transcription factor Hand2 is essential for cardiac fusion; however, the effector genes that execute this function of Hand2 are unknown...
- Sperber S, Saxena V, Hatch G, Ekker M. Zebrafish dlx2a contributes to hindbrain neural crest survival, is necessary for differentiation of sensory ganglia and functions with dlx1a in maturation of the arch cartilage elements. Dev Biol. 2008;314:59-70 pubmed..Defects in the differentiation of ectomesenchymal derivatives, including sensory ganglia and cartilage elements, indicate a role for dlx2a in specification and maintenance of cranial neural crest. ..
- Zuniga E, Rippen M, Alexander C, Schilling T, Crump J. Gremlin 2 regulates distinct roles of BMP and Endothelin 1 signaling in dorsoventral patterning of the facial skeleton. Development. 2011;138:5147-56 pubmed publisher..Using transgenic gain-of-function approaches and cell-autonomy experiments, we find that BMPs strongly promote hand2 and msxe expression in ventral skeletal precursors, while Edn1 promotes the expression of nkx3...
- Alexander C, Zuniga E, Blitz I, Wada N, Le Pabic P, Javidan Y, et al. Combinatorial roles for BMPs and Endothelin 1 in patterning the dorsal-ventral axis of the craniofacial skeleton. Development. 2011;138:5135-46 pubmed publisher..signaling at these stages reduces expression of the ventral signal Edn1, as well as ventral-specific genes such as hand2 and dlx6a in the arches, and expands expression of the dorsal signal jag1b...
- Fischer S, Draper B, Neumann C. The zebrafish fgf24 mutant identifies an additional level of Fgf signaling involved in vertebrate forelimb initiation. Development. 2003;130:3515-24 pubmed..We also show that fgf24 activity is necessary for the migration of tbx5-expressing cells to the fin bud, and for the activation of shh, but not hand2, expression in the posterior fin bud.
- de Pater E, Ciampricotti M, Priller F, Veerkamp J, Strate I, Smith K, et al. Bmp signaling exerts opposite effects on cardiac differentiation. Circ Res. 2012;110:578-87 pubmed publisher..Bmp signaling exerts opposing effects on myocardial differentiation in the embryo by promoting as well as inhibiting cardiac growth. ..
- Walker M, Miller C, Swartz M, Eberhart J, Kimmel C. phospholipase C, beta 3 is required for Endothelin1 regulation of pharyngeal arch patterning in zebrafish. Dev Biol. 2007;304:194-207 pubmed
- Peng X, Li G, Wang Y, Zhuang J, Luo R, Chen J, et al. CXXC5 is required for cardiac looping relating to TGF? signaling pathway in zebrafish. Int J Cardiol. 2016;214:246-53 pubmed publisher..5, hand2, and has2. Co-injection of hand2 mRNA with cxxc5 morpholino rescued the cardiac looping detects...
- Zhang L, Gui Y, Wang Y, Jiang Q, Song H. Effect of Tbx1 knock-down on cardiac performance in zebrafish. Chin Med J (Engl). 2010;123:1182-9 pubmed..Tbx1 might play an essential role in the development of pharyngeal neural crest cells in zebrafish. Cardiac performance is impaired by Tbx1 knock down in zebrafish. ..
- Zeng X, Wilm T, Sepich D, Solnica Krezel L. Apelin and its receptor control heart field formation during zebrafish gastrulation. Dev Cell. 2007;12:391-402 pubmed..Our results implicate GPCR signaling in movements of discrete cell populations that establish organ rudiments during vertebrate gastrulation. ..
- Liang D, Jia W, Li J, Li K, Zhao Q. Retinoic acid signaling plays a restrictive role in zebrafish primitive myelopoiesis. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e30865 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our results demonstrate that RA signaling restricts zebrafish primitive myelopoiesis through acting downstream of gata4/5/6, upstream of, or parallel to, cloche, and upstream of scl. ..
- Nair S, Schilling T. Chemokine signaling controls endodermal migration during zebrafish gastrulation. Science. 2008;322:89-92 pubmed publisher..This process may have relevance to human gastrointestinal bifurcations and other organ defects. ..
- Peterson A, Wang X, Yost H. Dvr1 transfers left-right asymmetric signals from Kupffer's vesicle to lateral plate mesoderm in zebrafish. Dev Biol. 2013;382:198-208 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that Dvr1 is responsible for enabling the transfer of a left-right signal from KV to the LPM...
- Rai K, Jafri I, Chidester S, James S, Karpf A, Cairns B, et al. Dnmt3 and G9a cooperate for tissue-specific development in zebrafish. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:4110-21 pubmed publisher..We propose a model wherein specific DNMT-histone methyltransferase networks are utilized to silence critical regulators of cell fate in a tissue-specific manner. ..
- Nachtrab G, Kikuchi K, Tornini V, Poss K. Transcriptional components of anteroposterior positional information during zebrafish fin regeneration. Development. 2013;140:3754-64 pubmed publisher..factor gene alx4a activated expression in fibroblasts and osteoblasts within anterior fin rays, whereas hand2 regulatory sequences activated expression in these same cell types within posterior rays...
- Alexander C, Piloto S, Le Pabic P, Schilling T. Wnt signaling interacts with bmp and edn1 to regulate dorsal-ventral patterning and growth of the craniofacial skeleton. PLoS Genet. 2014;10:e1004479 pubmed publisher..in the ventral arches of heat-shocked embryos show reduced proliferation, expression of ventral patterning genes (hand2, dlx3b, dlx5a, msxe), and ventral cartilage differentiation (e.g. lower jaws)...
- Koudijs M, den Broeder M, Groot E, van Eeden F. Genetic analysis of the two zebrafish patched homologues identifies novel roles for the hedgehog signaling pathway. BMC Dev Biol. 2008;8:15 pubmed publisher..Additionally, these mutants will provide a useful system to further investigate the consequences of constitutively activated Hh signaling during vertebrate development. ..
- Weidinger G, Wolke U, Köprunner M, Thisse C, Thisse B, Raz E. Regulation of zebrafish primordial germ cell migration by attraction towards an intermediate target. Development. 2002;129:25-36 pubmed..This final step of PGC migration is defective in hands off mutants, where the intermediate mesoderm of the presumptive gonadal region is mispatterned...
- Qu X, Jia H, Garrity D, Tompkins K, Batts L, Appel B, et al. Ndrg4 is required for normal myocyte proliferation during early cardiac development in zebrafish. Dev Biol. 2008;317:486-96 pubmed publisher..Together, our studies reveal an essential role of ndrg4 in regulating proliferation and growth of cardiomyocytes, suggesting that ndrg4 may function downstream of tbx5 during heart development and growth. ..
- Yin C, Evason K, Maher J, Stainier D. The basic helix-loop-helix transcription factor, heart and neural crest derivatives expressed transcript 2, marks hepatic stellate cells in zebrafish: analysis of stellate cell entry into the developing liver. Hepatology. 2012;56:1958-70 pubmed publisher..Here, we introduce a transgenic zebrafish line, Tg(hand2:EGFP), that labels HSCs...
- Sarmah S, Marrs J. Complex cardiac defects after ethanol exposure during discrete cardiogenic events in zebrafish: prevention with folic acid. Dev Dyn. 2013;242:1184-201 pubmed publisher..Our results indicate that ethanol exposure interrupted divergent cardiac morphogenetic events causing heart defects. Folic acid supplementation was effective in preventing a wide spectrum of ethanol-induced heart developmental defects. ..
- Wills A, Holdway J, Major R, Poss K. Regulated addition of new myocardial and epicardial cells fosters homeostatic cardiac growth and maintenance in adult zebrafish. Development. 2008;135:183-92 pubmed..Our results demonstrate that the adult zebrafish ventricle grows and is maintained by cardiomyocyte hyperplasia, and that epicardial cells are added to the ventricle in an Fgf-dependent fashion to support homeostasis. ..
- Arduini B, Bosse K, Henion P. Genetic ablation of neural crest cell diversification. Development. 2009;136:1987-94 pubmed publisher..Our results identify a genetic regulatory pathway functionally discrete from the process of neural crest induction that is required for the initiation of neural crest cell diversification during embryonic development. ..
- Perens E, Garavito Aguilar Z, Guio Vega G, PeÃ±a K, Schindler Y, Yelon D. Hand2 inhibits kidney specification while promoting vein formation within the posterior mesoderm. elife. 2016;5: pubmed publisher..Here, we show that the bHLH transcription factor Hand2 limits the size of the embryonic kidney by restricting IM dimensions...
- Beis D, Stainier D. In vivo cell biology: following the zebrafish trend. Trends Cell Biol. 2006;16:105-12 pubmed..Although this model system has been predominantly appreciated for its amenability to forward genetics, current advances in imaging technology and an increasing number of transgenic lines are bringing it closer to its full potential. ..
- Yang J, Wang J, Zeng Z, Qiao L, Zhuang L, Jiang L, et al. Smad4 is required for the development of cardiac and skeletal muscle in zebrafish. Differentiation. 2016;92:161-168 pubmed publisher..Collectively, these data suggest that smad4 plays an important role in heart and skeletal muscle development. ..
- Zhou J, Wang L, Zuo M, Wang X, Ahmed A, Chen Q, et al. Cardiac sodium channel regulator MOG1 regulates cardiac morphogenesis and rhythm. Sci Rep. 2016;6:21538 pubmed publisher..5, gata4 and hand2 involved in cardiac morphogenesis...
- Witzel H, Cheedipudi S, Gao R, Stainier D, Dobreva G. Isl2b regulates anterior second heart field development in zebrafish. Sci Rep. 2017;7:41043 pubmed publisher..Moreover, Isl2b controls the expression of key cardiac transcription factors including mef2ca, mef2cb, hand2 and tbx20...
- D Aurizio R, Russo F, Chiavacci E, Baumgart M, Groth M, D Onofrio M, et al. Discovering miRNA Regulatory Networks in Holt-Oram Syndrome Using a Zebrafish Model. Front Bioeng Biotechnol. 2016;4:60 pubmed publisher..This approach allowed to discover complex regulatory circuits involving novel miRNAs and protein coding genes not considered before in the HOS such as miR-34a and miR-30 and their targets. ..
- Liu F, Bhang S, Arentson E, Sawada A, Kim C, Kang I, et al. Enhanced hemangioblast generation and improved vascular repair and regeneration from embryonic stem cells by defined transcription factors. Stem Cell Reports. 2013;1:166-82 pubmed publisher..ESC-derived, EGS-induced FLK-1(+) hemangioblasts could provide an attractive cell source for future hematopoietic and vascular repair and regeneration...
- Drerup C, Wiora H, Topczewski J, Morris J. Disc1 regulates foxd3 and sox10 expression, affecting neural crest migration and differentiation. Development. 2009;136:2623-32 pubmed publisher..Based on our data, we propose a model in which Disc1 functions in the transcriptional repression of foxd3 and sox10, thus mediating CNC cell migration and differentiation. ..
- Iklé J, Tavares A, King M, Ding H, Colombo S, Firulli B, et al. Nkx2.5 regulates endothelin converting enzyme-1 during pharyngeal arch patterning. Genesis. 2017;55: pubmed publisher..5 functions through modulating Ece1 expression or function. These studies illustrate a new function for Nkx2.5 in embryonic development and provide new avenues with which to pursue potential mechanisms underlying human facial disorders. ..
- Chen D, Li F, Yang Q, Tian M, Zhang Z, Zhang Q, et al. The defective expression of gtpbp3 related to tRNA modification alters the mitochondrial function and development of zebrafish. Int J Biochem Cell Biol. 2016;77:1-9 pubmed publisher..In addition, this zebrafish model of mitochondrial disease may provide unique opportunities for studying defective tRNA modification, mitochondrial biogenesis, and pathophysiology of mitochondrial disorders. ..
- Sun S, Gui Y, Wang Y, Qian L, Liu X, Jiang Q, et al. Effects of methotrexate on the developments of heart and vessel in zebrafish. Acta Biochim Biophys Sin (Shanghai). 2009;41:86-96 pubmed..The transcript levels of genes such as hand2, mef2a, mef2c, and flk-1 were reduced in MTXtreated embryos...
- Palencia Desai S, Rost M, Schumacher J, Ton Q, Craig M, Baltrunaite K, et al. Myocardium and BMP signaling are required for endocardial differentiation. Development. 2015;142:2304-15 pubmed publisher..myocardium in endocardial morphogenesis, we used two different zebrafish models deficient in cardiomyocytes: the hand2 mutant and a myocardial-specific genetic ablation method...
- Sun S, Gui Y, Wang Y, Qian L, Jiang Q, Liu D, et al. Effect of dihydrofolate reductase gene knock-down on the expression of heart and neural crest derivatives expressed transcript 2 in zebrafish cardiac development. Chin Med J (Engl). 2007;120:1166-71 pubmed..gene knock-down zebrafish embryos, investigated the effect of DHFR on the expression of heart and neural crest derivatives expressed transcript 2 (HAND2) and explored the possible mechanism of DHFR knock-down inducing zebrafish ..
- Li Y, Chiang K, Li Y, Wu S, Liu W, Lin C, et al. MiR-145 mediates zebrafish hepatic outgrowth through progranulin A signaling. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0177887 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, our findings suggest an important role of miR-145 in regulating GrnA-dependent hepatic outgrowth in zebrafish embryonic development. ..
- Nguyen C, Langenbacher A, Hsieh M, Chen J. The PAF1 complex component Leo1 is essential for cardiac and neural crest development in zebrafish. Dev Biol. 2010;341:167-75 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these results provide the first genetic evidence of the requirement for Leo1 in the development of the heart and neural crest cell populations. ..
- Lou X, Burrows J, Scott I. Med14 cooperates with brg1 in the differentiation of skeletogenic neural crest. BMC Dev Biol. 2015;15:41 pubmed publisher..These results suggest a critical role for Mediator and BAF complex function in neural crest development, and may also clarify the nature of defects in some craniofacial abnormalities. ..
- Van Boxtel A, Gansner J, Hakvoort H, Snell H, Legler J, Gitlin J. Lysyl oxidase-like 3b is critical for cartilage maturation during zebrafish craniofacial development. Matrix Biol. 2011;30:178-87 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these data demonstrate a novel role for loxl3b in the maturation of craniofacial cartilage and can provide new insight into the specific genetic factors important in the pathogenesis of craniofacial birth defects. ..
- Strate I, Tessadori F, Bakkers J. Glypican4 promotes cardiac specification and differentiation by attenuating canonical Wnt and Bmp signaling. Development. 2015;142:1767-76 pubmed publisher..This provides a possible explanation for how congenital heart defects arise in glypican-deficient patients. ..
- Zhao C, Andreeva V, Gibert Y, Labonty M, Lattanzi V, Prabhudesai S, et al. Tissue specific roles for the ribosome biogenesis factor Wdr43 in zebrafish development. PLoS Genet. 2014;10:e1004074 pubmed publisher..Together, our findings provide new insight into roles for Wdr43 in development, ribosome biogenesis, and also ribosomopathy-induced craniofacial phenotypes including Treacher-Collins Syndrome. ..
- Hisano Y, Ota S, Takada S, Kawahara A. Functional cooperation of spns2 and fibronectin in cardiac and lower jaw development. Biol Open. 2013;2:789-94 pubmed publisher..These results strongly suggest that Spns2-S1PR2 signaling and fibronectin cooperatively regulate both cardiac and lower jaw development in zebrafish. ..
- D Aniello E, Rydeen A, Anderson J, Mandal A, Waxman J. Depletion of retinoic acid receptors initiates a novel positive feedback mechanism that promotes teratogenic increases in retinoic acid. PLoS Genet. 2013;9:e1003689 pubmed publisher..Our results support an intriguing novel mechanism by which depletion of RARs elicits a previously unrecognized positive feedback loop that can result in developmental defects due to teratogenic increases in embryonic RA...
- Yin C, Kikuchi K, Hochgreb T, Poss K, Stainier D. Hand2 regulates extracellular matrix remodeling essential for gut-looping morphogenesis in zebrafish. Dev Cell. 2010;18:973-84 pubmed publisher..transgenically expressed EGFP under the control of the regulatory sequences of the bHLH transcription factor gene hand2. We found that laminin is distributed along the LPM/gut boundary during gut looping, and that it appears to become ..
- Boyle G, Richter K, Priest H, Traver D, Mockler T, Chang J, et al. Comparative Analysis of Vertebrate Diurnal/Circadian Transcriptomes. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0169923 pubmed publisher..Undoubtedly, the Zebrafish model system will help identify new vertebrate outputs and their regulators and provides leads for further characterization of the diurnal cis-regulatory network. ..
- Zhu D, Fang Y, Gao K, Shen J, Zhong T, Li F. Vegfa Impacts Early Myocardium Development in Zebrafish. Int J Mol Sci. 2017;18: pubmed publisher..The heart morphogenesis is regulated by Vegfa in a dose-dependent manner, and later endocardium defects may be secondary to impaired myocardium-endocardium crosstalk. ..
- Diamante G, Menjivar Cervantes N, Leung M, Volz D, Schlenk D. Contribution of G protein-coupled estrogen receptor 1 (GPER) to 17?-estradiol-induced developmental toxicity in zebrafish. Aquat Toxicol. 2017;186:180-187 pubmed publisher..hpf) to 76 hpf with subsequent transcriptional measurements of heart and neural crest derivatives expressed 2 (hand2), leucine rich repeat containing 10 (lrrc10), and gper at 12, 28 and 76 hpf...
- Wang Y, Qian L, Liu D, Yao L, Jiang Q, Yu Z, et al. Bone morphogenetic protein-2 acts upstream of myocyte-specific enhancer factor 2a to control embryonic cardiac contractility. Cardiovasc Res. 2007;74:290-303 pubmed
- LeClair E, Mui S, Huang A, Topczewska J, Topczewski J. Craniofacial skeletal defects of adult zebrafish Glypican 4 (knypek) mutants. Dev Dyn. 2009;238:2550-63 pubmed publisher..In contrast, gpc4(-/-) larvae never form these domains, suggesting a failure of chondrocyte orientation, though not differentiation. Our findings implicate Gpc4 in the regulation of zebrafish cartilage and bone morphogenesis. ..
- Hsu R, Yang H, Tsai H. Labeled microRNA pull-down assay system: an experimental approach for high-throughput identification of microRNA-target mRNAs. Nucleic Acids Res. 2009;37:e77 pubmed publisher..let-7, we applied LAMP to find the unknown target gene of zebrafish miR-1, which resulted in the identification of hand2. We then confirmed hand2 as a novel target gene of miR-1 by whole-mount in situ hybridization and luciferase ..