Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: h2afva
Description: H2A histone family, member Va
Alias: H2A.F/Z, h2afv, h2afz, histone H2A.V, H2A histone family, member V, H2A histone family, member Z
- Asakawa K, Kawakami K. A transgenic zebrafish for monitoring in vivo microtubule structures. Dev Dyn. 2010;239:2695-9 pubmed publisher..Therefore, the transgenic UAS reporter line should be useful for directly monitoring MTs in the intact brain. ..
- Masselink W, Cole N, Fényes F, Berger S, Sonntag C, Wood A, et al. A somitic contribution to the apical ectodermal ridge is essential for fin formation. Nature. 2016;535:542-6 pubmed
- Sztal T, Sonntag C, Hall T, Currie P. Epistatic dissection of laminin-receptor interactions in dystrophic zebrafish muscle. Hum Mol Genet. 2012;21:4718-31 pubmed publisher..Collectively these findings provide a better understanding of the cellular pathology of MDC1A and help in designing effective therapies. ..
- Yue H, Li Z, Wu N, Liu Z, Wang Y, Gui J. Oocyte-specific H2A variant H2af1o is required for cell synchrony before midblastula transition in early zebrafish embryos. Biol Reprod. 2013;89:82 pubmed publisher..Therefore, our current findings provided the first case to understand the biological function of maternal oocyte-specific histone variants in vertebrates. ..
- Kwan K, Fujimoto E, Grabher C, Mangum B, Hardy M, Campbell D, et al. The Tol2kit: a multisite gateway-based construction kit for Tol2 transposon transgenesis constructs. Dev Dyn. 2007;236:3088-99 pubmed..The Tol2kit greatly facilitates zebrafish transgenesis, simplifies the sharing of clones, and enables large-scale projects testing the functions of libraries of regulatory or coding sequences. ..
- Cao J, Wang J, Jackman C, Cox A, Trembley M, Balowski J, et al. Tension Creates an Endoreplication Wavefront that Leads Regeneration of Epicardial Tissue. Dev Cell. 2017;42:600-615.e4 pubmed publisher..Our findings provide evidence that mechanical tension can regulate cell-cycle dynamics in regenerating tissue, stratifying the source cell features to improve repair. ..
- Foglia M, Cao J, Tornini V, Poss K. Multicolor mapping of the cardiomyocyte proliferation dynamics that construct the atrium. Development. 2016;143:1688-96 pubmed publisher..Our findings reveal proliferation dynamics and fate decisions of cardiomyocytes that produce the distinct architecture of the atrium...
- Strate I, Tessadori F, Bakkers J. Glypican4 promotes cardiac specification and differentiation by attenuating canonical Wnt and Bmp signaling. Development. 2015;142:1767-76 pubmed publisher..This provides a possible explanation for how congenital heart defects arise in glypican-deficient patients. ..
- Fadeev A, Krauss J, FrohnhÃ¶fer H, Irion U, NÃ¼sslein Volhard C. Tight Junction Protein 1a regulates pigment cell organisation during zebrafish colour patterning. elife. 2015;4: pubmed publisher..Tjp1a is a novel regulator of cell shape changes during colour pattern formation and the first cytoplasmic protein implicated in this process. ..
- Schumacher J, Bloomekatz J, Garavito Aguilar Z, Yelon D. tal1 Regulates the formation of intercellular junctions and the maintenance of identity in the endocardium. Dev Biol. 2013;383:214-26 pubmed publisher..We therefore propose a model in which Tal1 has distinct roles in regulating the formation of endocardial intercellular junctions and maintaining endocardial identity...
- Suarez Bregua P, Saxena A, Bronner M, Rotllant J. Targeted Pth4-expressing cell ablation impairs skeletal mineralization in zebrafish. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0186444 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these results suggest that Pth4-expressing hypothalamic neurons participate in the regulation of bone metabolism, possibly through regulating phosphate balance during zebrafish development. ..
- Roberts R, Appel B. Apical polarity protein PrkCi is necessary for maintenance of spinal cord precursors in zebrafish. Dev Dyn. 2009;238:1638-48 pubmed publisher..We conclude that PrkCi function and planar divisions are necessary for asymmetric, self-renewing division of spinal cord precursors. ..
- Amat F, Lemon W, Mossing D, McDole K, Wan Y, Branson K, et al. Fast, accurate reconstruction of cell lineages from large-scale fluorescence microscopy data. Nat Methods. 2014;11:951-8 pubmed publisher..Using our system, we performed the first cell lineage reconstruction of early Drosophila melanogaster nervous system development, revealing neuroblast dynamics throughout an entire embryo. ..
- Koole W, Tijsterman M. Mosaic analysis and tumor induction in zebrafish by microsatellite instability-mediated stochastic gene expression. Dis Model Mech. 2014;7:929-36 pubmed publisher..Our data demonstrate that inducing somatic mosaicism through microsatellite instability can be a valuable approach for mosaic analysis and tumor induction in Danio rerio. ..
- Thummel R, Burket C, Hyde D. Two different transgenes to study gene silencing and re-expression during zebrafish caudal fin and retinal regeneration. ScientificWorldJournal. 2006;6 Suppl 1:65-81 pubmed..Thus, we concluded that Tg(ef1-alpha:EGFP)nt line visually marks nonterminally differentiated cells in multiple adult regeneration environments and may prove to be a useful marker in tissue regeneration studies in zebrafish. ..
- McMahon C, Gestri G, Wilson S, Link B. Lmx1b is essential for survival of periocular mesenchymal cells and influences Fgf-mediated retinal patterning in zebrafish. Dev Biol. 2009;332:287-98 pubmed publisher..Overall, we propose zebrafish lmx1b.1 and lmx1b.2 promote the survival of periocular mesenchymal cells that influence multiple signaling events required for proper ocular development. ..
- Paksa A, Bandemer J, Hoeckendorf B, Razin N, Tarbashevich K, Minina S, et al. Repulsive cues combined with physical barriers and cell-cell adhesion determine progenitor cell positioning during organogenesis. Nat Commun. 2016;7:11288 pubmed publisher..The combination of these developmental and cellular mechanisms prevents organ fusion, controls organ positioning and is thus critical for its proper function. ..
- Clark B, Cui S, Miesfeld J, Klezovitch O, Vasioukhin V, Link B. Loss of Llgl1 in retinal neuroepithelia reveals links between apical domain size, Notch activity and neurogenesis. Development. 2012;139:1599-610 pubmed publisher..These data, in conjunction with other findings, suggest that, in retinal neuroepithelia, the size of the apical domain modulates the strength of polarized signals that influence neurogenesis. ..
- Lin C, Huang C, Wang W, Hsiao C, Cheng C, Wu Y, et al. Low temperature mitigates cardia bifida in zebrafish embryos. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e69788 pubmed publisher..Our study reveals that temperature coordinates the development of the heart tube and somitogenesis, and that extracellular matrix genes (fibronectin 1, tenascin-c and tenascin-w) are involved. ..
- O Grady G, Best H, Sztal T, Schartner V, Sanjuan Vazquez M, Donkervoort S, et al. Variants in the Oxidoreductase PYROXD1 Cause Early-Onset Myopathy with Internalized Nuclei and Myofibrillar Disorganization. Am J Hum Genet. 2016;99:1086-1105 pubmed publisher..We characterize variants in the oxidoreductase PYROXD1 as a cause of early-onset myopathy with distinctive histopathology and introduce altered redox regulation as a primary cause of congenital muscle disease. ..
- Smutny M, Ãkos Z, Grigolon S, Shamipour S, Ruprecht V, ÄŒapek D, et al. Friction forces position the neural anlage. Nat Cell Biol. 2017;19:306-317 pubmed publisher..Our data thus establish the emergence of friction forces at the interface between moving tissues as a critical force-generating process shaping theÂ embryo. ..
- Ishak S, Tan S, Khong H, Jaya Ram A, Enyu Y, Kuah M, et al. Upregulated mRNA expression of desaturase and elongase, two enzymes involved in highly unsaturated fatty acids biosynthesis pathways during follicle maturation in zebrafish. Reprod Biol Endocrinol. 2008;6:56 pubmed publisher..The many advantages of zebrafish as model system to understand folliculogenesis will be useful platform to further elucidate the regulatory and mechanism aspects of ovarian HUFA synthesis. ..
- Collery R, Link B. Dynamic smad-mediated BMP signaling revealed through transgenic zebrafish. Dev Dyn. 2011;240:712-22 pubmed publisher..Overall, these lines will serve as valuable tools to explore the mechanisms and regulation of BMP signal during embryogenesis, in tissue maintenance, and during disease. ..
- Nogare D, Nikaido M, Somers K, Head J, Piotrowski T, Chitnis A. In toto imaging of the migrating Zebrafish lateral line primordium at single cell resolution. Dev Biol. 2017;422:14-23 pubmed publisher..Together, our data provide a rigorous baseline for the behavior of the PLLp, which can be used to inform further study of this important model system. ..
- Suzuki S, Bleckert A, Williams P, Takechi M, Kawamura S, Wong R. Cone photoreceptor types in zebrafish are generated by symmetric terminal divisions of dedicated precursors. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2013;110:15109-14 pubmed publisher..Ectopic expression of tr?2 after cone differentiation produces cones with mixed opsins. Temporal differences in the onset of tr?2 expression could explain why some species have mixed, and others have pure, cone types. ..
- Weber M, Huisken J. Light sheet microscopy for real-time developmental biology. Curr Opin Genet Dev. 2011;21:566-72 pubmed publisher..However, it presents a new challenge to our existing data and image processing tools. This review gives an overview of where we stand as light sheet microscopy branches out, explores new areas, and becomes more specialized. ..
- Jao L, Appel B, Wente S. A zebrafish model of lethal congenital contracture syndrome 1 reveals Gle1 function in spinal neural precursor survival and motor axon arborization. Development. 2012;139:1316-26 pubmed publisher..We propose that defective GLE1 function in human LCCS1 results in both neurogenic and non-neurogenic defects linked to the apoptosis of proliferative organ precursors. ..
- Chen C, Lin D, Cheng C, Lin C, Lo Y, Yen C, et al. Cdc6 cooperates with c-Myc to promote genome instability and epithelial to mesenchymal transition EMT in zebrafish. Oncotarget. 2014;5:6300-11 pubmed..Our findings and other characteristics of zebrafish, including optical clarity and small molecule treatment, provide the future utility of this model for easy and non-invasive detection and for identification of new anti-cancer drug. ..