Gene Symbol: h2afva
Description: H2A histone family, member Va
Alias: H2A.F/Z, h2afv, h2afz, histone H2A.V, H2A histone family, member V, H2A histone family, member Z
- Oocyte-specific H2A variant H2af1o is required for cell synchrony before midblastula transition in early zebrafish embryosHua Mei Yue
State Key Laboratory of Freshwater Ecology and Biotechnology, Institute of Hydrobiology, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Graduate University of the Chinese Academy of Sciences, Wuhan, China
Biol Reprod 89:82. 2013..Therefore, our current findings provided the first case to understand the biological function of maternal oocyte-specific histone variants in vertebrates. ..
- Variants in the Oxidoreductase PYROXD1 Cause Early-Onset Myopathy with Internalized Nuclei and Myofibrillar DisorganizationGina L O'Grady
Institute for Neuroscience and Muscle Research, Kid s Research Institute, Children s Hospital at Westmead, Sydney, NSW 2145, Australia Discipline of Paediatrics and Child Health, Faculty of Medicine, University of Sydney, Sydney, NSW 2006, Australia Paediatric Neurology Service, Starship Children s Health, Auckland 1023, New Zealand
Am J Hum Genet 99:1086-1105. 2016..We characterize variants in the oxidoreductase PYROXD1 as a cause of early-onset myopathy with distinctive histopathology and introduce altered redox regulation as a primary cause of congenital muscle disease...
- Embryonic origin and lineage hierarchies of the neural progenitor subtypes building the zebrafish adult midbrainSonya Galant
Paris Saclay Institute for Neuroscience, CNRS UMR9197 Université Paris Sud, Team Zebrafish Neurogenetics, Avenue de la Terrasse, Bldg 5, F 91198 Gif sur Yvette, France
Dev Biol 420:120-135. 2016..Together, our results highlight the shared recruitment of an identical neurogenic strategy by two remote brain territories, where long-lasting NE pools serve both as a growth zone and as the life-long source of young neurogenic RG cells...
- Multicolor mapping of the cardiomyocyte proliferation dynamics that construct the atriumMatthew J Foglia
Department of Cell Biology, Duke University School of Medicine, Durham, NC 27710, USA
Development 143:1688-96. 2016..Our findings reveal proliferation dynamics and fate decisions of cardiomyocytes that produce the distinct architecture of the atrium. ..
- Glypican4 promotes cardiac specification and differentiation by attenuating canonical Wnt and Bmp signalingIna Strate
Department of Cardiac Development and Genetics, Hubrecht Institute and University Medical Center Utrecht, Utrecht 3584 CT, The Netherlands
Development 142:1767-76. 2015..This provides a possible explanation for how congenital heart defects arise in glypican-deficient patients. ..
- Tight Junction Protein 1a regulates pigment cell organisation during zebrafish colour patterningAndrey Fadeev
Max Planck Institute for Developmental Biology, Tubingen, Germany
elife 4:. 2015..Tjp1a is a novel regulator of cell shape changes during colour pattern formation and the first cytoplasmic protein implicated in this process. ..
- Cdc6 cooperates with c-Myc to promote genome instability and epithelial to mesenchymal transition EMT in zebrafishChing Hung Chen
Department of Bioscience Technology, Chung Yuan Christian University, Chung Li, Taiwan
Oncotarget 5:6300-11. 2014..Our findings and other characteristics of zebrafish, including optical clarity and small molecule treatment, provide the future utility of this model for easy and non-invasive detection and for identification of new anti-cancer drug. ..
- Mosaic analysis and tumor induction in zebrafish by microsatellite instability-mediated stochastic gene expressionWouter Koole
Department of Toxicogenetics, Leiden University Medical Center, Leiden, 2333 ZC, The Netherlands
Dis Model Mech 7:929-36. 2014..Our data demonstrate that inducing somatic mosaicism through microsatellite instability can be a valuable approach for mosaic analysis and tumor induction in Danio rerio. ..
- Low temperature mitigates cardia bifida in zebrafish embryosChe Yi Lin
Institute of Bioscience and Biotechnology, National Taiwan Ocean University, Keelung, Taiwan
PLoS ONE 8:e69788. 2013..Our study reveals that temperature coordinates the development of the heart tube and somitogenesis, and that extracellular matrix genes (fibronectin 1, tenascin-c and tenascin-w) are involved...
- Cone photoreceptor types in zebrafish are generated by symmetric terminal divisions of dedicated precursorsSachihiro C Suzuki
Department of Biological Structure, University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98195 7420
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 110:15109-14. 2013..Ectopic expression of trβ2 after cone differentiation produces cones with mixed opsins. Temporal differences in the onset of trβ2 expression could explain why some species have mixed, and others have pure, cone types. ..
- tal1 Regulates the formation of intercellular junctions and the maintenance of identity in the endocardiumJennifer A Schumacher
Developmental Genetics Program and Department of Cell Biology, Kimmel Center for Biology and Medicine, Skirball Institute of Biomolecular Medicine, New York University School of Medicine, New York, NY 10016, USA
Dev Biol 383:214-26. 2013..We therefore propose a model in which Tal1 has distinct roles in regulating the formation of endocardial intercellular junctions and maintaining endocardial identity. ..
- Epistatic dissection of laminin-receptor interactions in dystrophic zebrafish muscleTamar E Sztal
Australian Regenerative Medicine Institute, Monash University, Clayton, VIC 3800, Australia
Hum Mol Genet 21:4718-31. 2012..Collectively these findings provide a better understanding of the cellular pathology of MDC1A and help in designing effective therapies...
- A zebrafish model of lethal congenital contracture syndrome 1 reveals Gle1 function in spinal neural precursor survival and motor axon arborizationLi En Jao
Department of Cell and Developmental Biology, Vanderbilt University School of Medicine, 465 21st Avenue South, Nashville, TN 37232 8240, USA
Development 139:1316-26. 2012..We propose that defective GLE1 function in human LCCS1 results in both neurogenic and non-neurogenic defects linked to the apoptosis of proliferative organ precursors...
- Two different transgenes to study gene silencing and re-expression during zebrafish caudal fin and retinal regenerationRyan Thummel
Center for Zebrafish Research and Department of Biological Sciences, University of Notre Dame, Notre Dame, Indiana, USA
ScientificWorldJournal 6:65-81. 2006..Thus, we concluded that Tg(ef1-alpha:EGFP)nt line visually marks nonterminally differentiated cells in multiple adult regeneration environments and may prove to be a useful marker in tissue regeneration studies in zebrafish...
- A transgenic zebrafish for monitoring in vivo microtubule structuresKazuhide Asakawa
Division of Molecular and Developmental Biology, National Institute of Genetics, Department of Genetics, Graduate University for Advanced Studies SOKENDAI, Mishima, Shizuoka, Japan
Dev Dyn 239:2695-9. 2010..Therefore, the transgenic UAS reporter line should be useful for directly monitoring MTs in the intact brain...
- Lmx1b is essential for survival of periocular mesenchymal cells and influences Fgf-mediated retinal patterning in zebrafishCarrie McMahon
Department of Cell Biology, Neurobiology, and Anatomy, Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, WI 53226, USA
Dev Biol 332:287-98. 2009..Overall, we propose zebrafish lmx1b.1 and lmx1b.2 promote the survival of periocular mesenchymal cells that influence multiple signaling events required for proper ocular development...
- Apical polarity protein PrkCi is necessary for maintenance of spinal cord precursors in zebrafishRandolph K Roberts
Department of Biological Sciences, Vanderbilt University, Nashville, Tennessee, USA
Dev Dyn 238:1638-48. 2009..We conclude that PrkCi function and planar divisions are necessary for asymmetric, self-renewing division of spinal cord precursors...
- Upregulated mRNA expression of desaturase and elongase, two enzymes involved in highly unsaturated fatty acids biosynthesis pathways during follicle maturation in zebrafishSairatul D Ishak
School of Biological Sciences, Universiti Sains Malaysia, Penang
Reprod Biol Endocrinol 6:56. 2008..Concurrently, the fatty acid profile of each follicle stage was also analyzed...
- The Tol2kit: a multisite gateway-based construction kit for Tol2 transposon transgenesis constructsKristen M Kwan
Department of Neurobiology and Anatomy, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, Utah, USA
Dev Dyn 236:3088-99. 2007..The Tol2kit greatly facilitates zebrafish transgenesis, simplifies the sharing of clones, and enables large-scale projects testing the functions of libraries of regulatory or coding sequences...