Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: gstm.1
Description: glutathione S-transferase mu, tandem duplicate 1
Alias: cb760, gstm, wu:fc26g06, zgc:66370, glutathione S-transferase mu, tandem duplicate 1, glutathione S-transferase M
- Mukhopadhyay D, Priya P, Chattopadhyay A. Sodium fluoride affects zebrafish behaviour and alters mRNA expressions of biomarker genes in the brain: Role of Nrf2/Keap1. Environ Toxicol Pharmacol. 2015;40:352-9 pubmed publisher..Nrf2/Keap1 proteins had similar expression pattern as their corresponding mRNA. The findings in this study might help to understand the molecular mechanism of fluoride induced neurotoxicity in fish. ..
- Brun N, Christen V, Furrer G, Fent K. Indium and indium tin oxide induce endoplasmic reticulum stress and oxidative stress in zebrafish (Danio rerio). Environ Sci Technol. 2014;48:11679-87 pubmed publisher..Our study provides first evidence of ER stress and oxidative stress induction by In(NO3)3 and ITO indicating a critical toxicological profile that needs further investigation. ..
- Chen D, Chan K. Differentially expressed proteins in zebrafish liver cells exposed to copper. Aquat Toxicol. 2011;104:270-7 pubmed publisher..However, the regulation of several proteins in ZFL, related to the reactive oxygen species (ROS) effect, mitochondrion copper transportation and stress response, was quite different from that in tilapia. ..
- Li G, Xie P, Fu J, Hao L, Xiong Q, Li H. Microcystin-induced variations in transcription of GSTs in an omnivorous freshwater fish, goldfish. Aquat Toxicol. 2008;88:75-80 pubmed publisher..These results suggested that the transcription of GST isoforms varied in different ways within an organ and among organs of goldfish exposed to MCs. ..
- Rola R, Marins L, Nery L, da Rosa C, Sandrini J. Responses to ROS inducer agents in zebrafish cell line: differences between copper and UV-B radiation. Fish Physiol Biochem. 2014;40:1817-25 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, these results demonstrated that both toxicants could increase ROS levels in ZFL cell line, but the responses are different, which could be related to activation of different signaling pathways. ..
- Brun N, Wehrli B, Fent K. Ecotoxicological assessment of solar cell leachates: Copper indium gallium selenide (CIGS) cells show higher activity than organic photovoltaic (OPV) cells. Sci Total Environ. 2016;543:703-14 pubmed publisher..Addition of ethylenediaminetetraacetic acid protected zebrafish embryos from morphological and molecular effects. Our study suggests that metals leaching from damaged CIGS cells, may pose a potential environmental risk. ..
- Faltermann S, Grundler V, Gademann K, Pernthaler J, Fent K. Comparative effects of nodularin and microcystin-LR in zebrafish: 2. Uptake and molecular effects in eleuthero-embryos and adult liver with focus on endoplasmic reticulum stress. Aquat Toxicol. 2016;171:77-87 pubmed publisher..This is probably due to action to specific organs such as liver and kidneys that could not be identified by whole-embryo sampling. ..
- Mishima Y, Tomari Y. Codon Usage and 3' UTR Length Determine Maternal mRNA Stability in Zebrafish. Mol Cell. 2016;61:874-85 pubmed publisher..Our study thus highlights the codon-mediated mRNA decay as a conserved regulatory mechanism in eukaryotes. ..
- Carlson P, Smalley D, Van Beneden R. Proteomic analysis of arsenic-exposed zebrafish (Danio rerio) identifies altered expression in proteins involved in fibrosis and lipid uptake in a gender-specific manner. Toxicol Sci. 2013;134:83-91 pubmed publisher..The changes presented here seem to be most prevalent in lipid transport and metabolic pathways, suggesting a potential increase in fibrosis in males and decreased lipid accumulation and uptake in females. ..
- Liu Y, Zhu Z, Ho I, Shi Y, Xie Y, Li J, et al. Germline-specific dgcr8 knockout in zebrafish using a BACK approach. Cell Mol Life Sci. 2017;74:2503-2511 pubmed publisher..Our findings establish that Cre/loxP-mediated tissue-specific gene knockout could be achieved using this BACK strategy and that canonical microRNAs play important roles in early embryonic development in zebrafish. ..