Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: gpx1a
Description: glutathione peroxidase 1a
Alias: cb690, gpx1, zgc:103683, zgc:92737, glutathione peroxidase 1a, glutathione peroxidase 1
- Mu X, Chai T, Wang K, Zhang J, Zhu L, Li X, et al. Occurrence and origin of sensitivity toward difenoconazole in zebrafish (Danio reio) during different life stages. Aquat Toxicol. 2015;160:57-68 pubmed publisher..At 8 dpe, the modification in the transcription of the tested genes in the embryos and adult fish was similar, except for the genes related to the synthesis of sterols. ..
- RodrÃguez Fuentes G, Sandoval GÃo J, Arroyo Silva A, NoreÃ±a Barroso E, Escalante Herrera K, Olvera Espinosa F. Evaluation of the estrogenic and oxidative stress effects of the UV filter 3-benzophenone in zebrafish (Danio rerio) eleuthero-embryos. Ecotoxicol Environ Saf. 2015;115:14-8 pubmed publisher..Nevertheless, a trend toward increase in GPx expression was observed as a positive significant correlation (r=0.928, p=0.017) was noted. ..
- Choi J, Kim S, Ahn J, Youn P, Kang J, Park K, et al. Induction of oxidative stress and apoptosis by silver nanoparticles in the liver of adult zebrafish. Aquat Toxicol. 2010;100:151-9 pubmed publisher..The mRNA levels of the oxyradical-scavenging enzymes catalase and glutathione peroxidase 1a were reduced in the tissues...
- Thisse C, Degrave A, Kryukov G, Gladyshev V, Obrecht Pflumio S, Krol A, et al. Spatial and temporal expression patterns of selenoprotein genes during embryogenesis in zebrafish. Gene Expr Patterns. 2003;3:525-32 pubmed..Therefore, tissue- and development-specific expression patterns provided new information for selenoproteins of unknown function. ..
- Yang Y, Liu W, Mu X, Qi S, Fu B, Wang C. Biological response of zebrafish embryos after short-term exposure to thifluzamide. Sci Rep. 2016;6:38485 pubmed publisher..In addition to providing the first description of the mechanism of the toxic effects of thifluzamide on embryos, this study also represents a step towards using embryos to assess mitochondrial metabolism and disease. ..
- Du J, Cai J, Wang S, You H. Oxidative stress and apotosis to zebrafish (Danio rerio) embryos exposed to perfluorooctane sulfonate (PFOS) and ZnO nanoparticles. Int J Occup Med Environ Health. 2017;30:213-229 pubmed publisher..In addition, some oxidative stress-related genes such as Cat, GSH peroxidase 1 (Gpx1a) and superoxide dismutase 1 (Sod1) were also significantly down-regulated after the PFOS plus ZnO-NPs co-..
- Kryukov G, Gladyshev V. Selenium metabolism in zebrafish: multiplicity of selenoprotein genes and expression of a protein containing 17 selenocysteine residues. Genes Cells. 2000;5:1049-60 pubmed..We found two zebrafish orthologs of human SelT, glutathione peroxidase 1 and glutathione peroxidase 4, and single orthologs of several other selenoproteins...
- Lobo G, Isken A, Hoff S, Babino D, von Lintig J. BCDO2 acts as a carotenoid scavenger and gatekeeper for the mitochondrial apoptotic pathway. Development. 2012;139:2966-77 pubmed publisher..Thus, our study identifying BCDO2 as a crucial protective component against oxidative stress establishes this enzyme as mitochondrial carotenoid scavenger and a gatekeeper of the intrinsic apoptotic pathway. ..
- Massarsky A, Bone A, Dong W, Hinton D, Prasad G, Di Giulio R. AHR2 morpholino knockdown reduces the toxicity of total particulate matter to zebrafish embryos. Toxicol Appl Pharmacol. 2016;309:63-76 pubmed publisher..Moreover, as shown by gene expression the AHR pathway, but not the antioxidant pathway, was induced in response to TPM exposure, providing further evidence for its importance in mediating TPM toxicity. ..
- Jeon H, Lee Y, Kim M, Choi S, Park B, Lee S. Integrated biomarkers induced by chlorpyrifos in two different life stages of zebrafish (Danio rerio) for environmental risk assessment. Environ Toxicol Pharmacol. 2016;43:166-74 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that the up-regulation of metabolic enzymes including CYP450 and MDR1 may be involved in CHL resistance in zebrafish. ..
- Cobbina S, Xu H, Zhao T, Mao G, Zhou Z, Wu X, et al. A multivariate assessment of innate immune-related gene expressions due to exposure to low concentration individual and mixtures of four kinds of heavy metals on zebrafish (Danio rerio) embryos. Fish Shellfish Immunol. 2015;47:1032-42 pubmed publisher..It is indicative that mechanisms associated with toxicity of metal mixtures is complex, however, further studies to elucidate them are ongoing in our research laboratory. ..
- Rosa C, Kuradomi R, Almeida D, Lannes C, Figueiredo M, Dytz A, et al. GH overexpression modifies muscle expression of anti-oxidant enzymes and increases spinal curvature of old zebrafish. Exp Gerontol. 2010;45:449-56 pubmed publisher..The results obtained here indicate that GH overexpression reduces the transcription of anti-oxidant defense system and myogenesis-related genes, which probably accelerates senescence in the zebrafish transgenic model used. ..
- Guan B, Ma H, Wang Y, Hu Y, Lin Z, Zhu Z, et al. Vitreoscilla hemoglobin (VHb) overexpression increases hypoxia tolerance in zebrafish (Danio rerio). Mar Biotechnol (NY). 2011;13:336-44 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that that vhb gene may be an efficient candidate for genetically modifying hypoxia tolerance in fish. ..
- Jin Y, Zheng S, Pu Y, Shu L, Sun L, Liu W, et al. Cypermethrin has the potential to induce hepatic oxidative stress, DNA damage and apoptosis in adult zebrafish (Danio rerio). Chemosphere. 2011;82:398-404 pubmed publisher..This information will be helpful in fully understanding the mechanism of aquatic toxicology induced by CYP in fish. ..
- Sissener N, Johannessen L, Hevrøy E, Wiik Nielsen C, Berdal K, Nordgreen A, et al. Zebrafish ( Danio rerio) as a model for investigating the safety of GM feed ingredients (soya and maize); performance, stress response and uptake of dietary DNA sequences. Br J Nutr. 2010;103:3-15 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, zebrafish shows promise as a model for this application. ..
- Nathiga Nambi K, Abdul Majeed S, Taju G, Sivasubbu S, Sarath Babu V, Sahul Hameed A. Effects of nicotine on zebrafish: A comparative response between a newly established gill cell line and whole gills. Comp Biochem Physiol C Toxicol Pharmacol. 2017;195:68-77 pubmed publisher..manganese superoxide dismutase (MnSOD), catalase (CAT), glutathione S-transferase (GST) and glutathione peroxidise(GPx1a) was observed...
- da Rosa C, Figueiredo M, Lanes C, Almeida D, Marins L. Genotype-dependent gene expression profile of the antioxidant defense system (ADS) in the liver of a GH-transgenic zebrafish model. Transgenic Res. 2011;20:85-9 pubmed publisher..The GH-transgenic zebrafish model used here seems to be an interesting tool for analyzing the effect of different GH expression levels on physiological processes. ..
- Cai G, Zhu J, Shen C, Cui Y, Du J, Chen X. The effects of cobalt on the development, oxidative stress, and apoptosis in zebrafish embryos. Biol Trace Elem Res. 2012;150:200-7 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that oxidative stress and apoptosis are associated with cobalt toxicity in zebrafish embryos. ..
- Chen Q, Sun Y, Liu Z, Li Y. Sex-dependent effects of subacute mercuric chloride exposure on histology, antioxidant status and immune-related gene expression in the liver of adult zebrafish (Danio rerio). Chemosphere. 2017;188:1-9 pubmed publisher..exposure decreased CAT activity and its mRNA levels, while increased GSH content and the expressions of sod1, gpx1a, gstr and keap1...
- Sun L, Xin L, Peng Z, Jin R, Jin Y, Qian H, et al. Toxicity and enantiospecific differences of two ?-blockers, propranolol and metoprolol, in the embryos and larvae of zebrafish (Danio rerio). Environ Toxicol. 2014;29:1367-78 pubmed publisher..These results also demonstrated that the enantiospecific toxicity of chiral ?-blockers should be investigated when performing an ecological risk assessment. ..
- Zhu L, Mu X, Wang K, Chai T, Yang Y, Qiu L, et al. Cyhalofop-butyl has the potential to induce developmental toxicity, oxidative stress and apoptosis in early life stage of zebrafish (Danio rerio). Environ Pollut. 2015;203:40-9 pubmed publisher..Therefore, we speculated that oxidative stress-induced apoptosis should be responsible for abnormal development during embryogenesis after cyhalofop-butyl exposure. ..
- Knecht A, Goodale B, Truong L, Simonich M, Swanson A, Matzke M, et al. Comparative developmental toxicity of environmentally relevant oxygenated PAHs. Toxicol Appl Pharmacol. 2013;271:266-75 pubmed publisher..Comprehensive in vivo characterization of 38 structurally diverse OPAHs indicated differential AHR dependency and a prominent role for oxidative stress in the toxicity mechanisms...
- Jin Y, Liu Z, Peng T, Fu Z. The toxicity of chlorpyrifos on the early life stage of zebrafish: a survey on the endpoints at development, locomotor behavior, oxidative stress and immunotoxicity. Fish Shellfish Immunol. 2015;43:405-14 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our results suggested that CPF had the potential to cause developmental toxicity, behavior alterations, oxidative stress and immunotoxicity in the larval zebrafish. ..
- Zhao X, Ren X, Zhu R, Luo Z, Ren B. Zinc oxide nanoparticles induce oxidative DNA damage and ROS-triggered mitochondria-mediated apoptosis in zebrafish embryos. Aquat Toxicol. 2016;180:56-70 pubmed publisher..lipid peroxidation, and by increased expression of genes related to the antioxidant defense system (sod1, cat, gpx1a, and ppar?), which were altered at different degrees...
- Hou J, Li L, Xue T, Long M, Su Y, Wu N. Damage and recovery of the ovary in female zebrafish i.p.-injected with MC-LR. Aquat Toxicol. 2014;155:110-8 pubmed publisher..Although the negative effects of MC-LR can be overcome by ovarian antioxidant system in this study, the potential reproductive risks of MC-LR should not be neglected because of its wide occurrence. ..
- Parolini M, Ghilardi A, Della Torre C, Magni S, Prosperi L, Calvagno M, et al. Environmental concentrations of cocaine and its main metabolites modulated antioxidant response and caused cyto-genotoxic effects in zebrafish embryo cells. Environ Pollut. 2017;226:504-514 pubmed publisher..Our data confirmed the potential toxicity of environmental concentrations of COC, BE, and EME, suggesting the need of further in-depth studies to shed light on their MoA and long-term toxicity towards non-target aquatic species. ..
- Hrubik J, Glisic B, Fa S, Pogrmic Majkic K, Andric N. Erk-Creb pathway suppresses glutathione-S-transferase pi expression under basal and oxidative stress conditions in zebrafish embryos. Toxicol Lett. 2016;240:81-92 pubmed publisher..This study also provides a novel link between Erk and gstp1-2 expression, setting apart a possible differential regulation of gstp1-2 in adult and embryonic cells. ..
- Fagegaltier D, Lescure A, Walczak R, Carbon P, Krol A. Structural analysis of new local features in SECIS RNA hairpins. Nucleic Acids Res. 2000;28:2679-89 pubmed..The putative contribution of the various SECIS motifs to function and ligand binding is discussed. ..
- Wu S, Shu L, Liu J. Anti-oxidative functions of mt2 and smtB mRNA expression in the gills and brain of zebrafish (Danio rerio) upon cadmium exposure. Fish Physiol Biochem. 2016;42:1709-1720 pubmed..the other hand, the anti-oxidative enzymatic factors such as superoxide dismutase (sod), glutathione peroxidase (gpx1a), and catalase (cat) are used as references to investigate whether the smtB and mt2 have anti-oxidative responses ..
- Blanc M, Karrman A, Kukucka P, Scherbak N, Keiter S. Mixture-specific gene expression in zebrafish (Danio rerio) embryos exposed to perfluorooctane sulfonic acid (PFOS), perfluorohexanoic acid (PFHxA) and 3,3',4,4',5-pentachlorobiphenyl (PCB126). Sci Total Environ. 2017;590-591:249-257 pubmed publisher..to investigate expression changes of genes involved in metabolism of xenobiotics (ahr2, cyp1a), oxidative stress (gpx1a, tp53), lipids metabolism (acaa2, osbpl1a), and epigenetic mechanisms (dnmt1, dnmt3ba)...
- Díaz Casado M, Lima E, Garcia J, Doerrier C, Aranda P, Sayed R, et al. Melatonin rescues zebrafish embryos from the parkinsonian phenotype restoring the parkin/PINK1/DJ-1/MUL1 network. J Pineal Res. 2016;61:96-107 pubmed publisher..The results show, for the first time, that melatonin restores brain function in zebrafish suffering with Parkinson-like disease. ..
- Mugoni V, Postel R, Catanzaro V, De Luca E, Turco E, Digilio G, et al. Ubiad1 is an antioxidant enzyme that regulates eNOS activity by CoQ10 synthesis. Cell. 2013;152:504-18 pubmed publisher..These findings identify UBIAD1 as a nonmitochondrial CoQ10-forming enzyme with specific cardiovascular protective function via the modulation of eNOS activity...
- Gioacchini G, Giorgini E, Olivotto I, Maradonna F, Merrifield D, Carnevali O. The influence of probiotics on zebrafish Danio rerio innate immunity and hepatic stress. Zebrafish. 2014;11:98-106 pubmed publisher..Overall, the results show that probiotic administration may enhance zebrafish welfare by modulating the innate immune response and improving hepatic stress tolerance. ..
- Bräutigam L, Schütte L, Godoy J, Prozorovski T, Gellert M, Hauptmann G, et al. Vertebrate-specific glutaredoxin is essential for brain development. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2011;108:20532-7 pubmed publisher..This study provides an example of a specific thiol redox regulation essential for vertebrate embryonic development. ..
- Chai T, Cui F, Mu P, Yang Y, Xu N, Yin Z, et al. Enantio-alteration of gene transcription associated with bioconcentration in adult zebrafish (Danio rerio) exposed to chiral PCB149. Sci Rep. 2016;6:19478 pubmed publisher..Hepatic expression levels of genes related to the antioxidant system were significantly negatively correlated with bioconcentration following exposure to (+)-PCB149. ..
- Jin Y, Pan X, Cao L, Ma B, Fu Z. Embryonic exposure to cis-bifenthrin enantioselectively induces the transcription of genes related to oxidative stress, apoptosis and immunotoxicity in zebrafish (Danio rerio). Fish Shellfish Immunol. 2013;34:717-23 pubmed publisher..The information presented in this study will help with elucidating the differences and environmental risk of the two enantiomers of cis-BF-induced toxicity in aquatic organisms. ..
- RodrÃguez Fuentes G, Rubio Escalante F, NoreÃ±a Barroso E, Escalante Herrera K, Schlenk D. Impacts of oxidative stress on acetylcholinesterase transcription, and activity in embryos of zebrafish (Danio rerio) following Chlorpyrifos exposure. Comp Biochem Physiol C Toxicol Pharmacol. 2015;172-173:19-25 pubmed publisher..These results give additional evidence to support the role of prooxidants in AChE activity and expression. ..
- Lerebours A, Gonzalez P, Adam C, Camilleri V, Bourdineaud J, Garnier Laplace J. Comparative analysis of gene expression in brain, liver, skeletal muscles, and gills of zebrafish (Danio rerio) exposed to environmentally relevant waterborne uranium concentrations. Environ Toxicol Chem. 2009;28:1271-8 pubmed publisher..In gills, at the highest uranium concentration, gpx1a, cat1, sod1, and sod2 genes were up-regulated at day 21, indicating the onset of an oxidative stress...
- Timme Laragy A, Van Tiem L, Linney E, Di Giulio R. Antioxidant responses and NRF2 in synergistic developmental toxicity of PAHs in zebrafish. Toxicol Sci. 2009;109:217-27 pubmed publisher..BNF + ANF coexposure significantly increased expressions of superoxide dismutase 1 and 2, glutathione peroxidase 1, pi class glutathione-s-transferase, and glutamate cysteine-ligase to a greater extent than tBOOH, BNF, ..
- Wu S, Shu L, Liu J, Chen C. Anti-oxidative Responses on Hepatic Tissue of Zebrafish (Danio rerio) in a Short Duration of Sub-lethal Concentrations of Cadmium Exposure. Bull Environ Contam Toxicol. 2017;98:612-618 pubmed publisher..Antioxidants glutathione peroxidase (gpx1a), superoxide dismutase (sod), and catalase (cat) were up regulated after 1-3 h, and metallothionein isoforms (..
- Velki M, Meyer Alert H, Seiler T, Hollert H. Enzymatic activity and gene expression changes in zebrafish embryos and larvae exposed to pesticides diazinon and diuron. Aquat Toxicol. 2017;193:187-200 pubmed publisher..ces2), cytochrome P450 (cyp1a), glutathione-S-transferase (gstp1), catalase (cat), glutathione peroxidase (gpx1a) and additionally glutathione reductase (gsr)...
- Mukhopadhyay D, Chattopadhyay A. Induction of oxidative stress and related transcriptional effects of sodium fluoride in female zebrafish liver. Bull Environ Contam Toxicol. 2014;93:64-70 pubmed publisher..ROS generation was evidensed by fluoroscence microscopy. The results of this study will help to understand the mechanism of oxidative stress induced by NaF in fish. ..
- Hou J, Li L, Xue T, Long M, Su Y, Wu N. Hepatic positive and negative antioxidant responses in zebrafish after intraperitoneal administration of toxic microcystin-LR. Chemosphere. 2015;120:729-36 pubmed publisher..These results illustrated that antioxidant status played an important role in zebrafish protection against MC-LR-caused oxidative stress through regulating antioxidant enzyme gene expression and activities. ..
- Thomas J, Janz D. Embryo Microinjection of Selenomethionine Reduces Hatchability and Modifies Oxidant Responsive Gene Expression in Zebrafish. Sci Rep. 2016;6:26520 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggest that oxidative stress or modification of methylation, or a combination of these mechanisms, might be responsible for Se-induced developmental toxicities in fishes. ..
- Chai T, Cui F, Mu X, Yang Y, Qi S, Zhu L, et al. Stereoselective induction by 2,2',3,4',6-pentachlorobiphenyl in adult zebrafish (Danio rerio): Implication of chirality in oxidative stress and bioaccumulation. Environ Pollut. 2016;215:66-76 pubmed publisher..Our findings might be helpful for elucidating the environmental risk of the two enantiomers of PCB91 that induce toxicity in aquatic organisms. ..
- Sarkar S, Mukherjee S, Chattopadhyay A, Bhattacharya S. Low dose of arsenic trioxide triggers oxidative stress in zebrafish brain: expression of antioxidant genes. Ecotoxicol Environ Saf. 2014;107:1-8 pubmed publisher..The mRNA expression of glutathione peroxidase (Gpx1), catalase (Cat), manganese superoxide dismutase (Mn-Sod), copper/zinc superoxide dismutase (Cu/Zn Sod) and ..
- Zhang Q, Li Y, Liu Z, Chen Q. Exposure to mercuric chloride induces developmental damage, oxidative stress and immunotoxicity in zebrafish embryos-larvae. Aquat Toxicol. 2016;181:76-85 pubmed publisher..GST and GPX) activities, endogenous GSH and MDA contents, as well as the mRNA levels of genes (cat1, sod1, gstr, gpx1a, nrf2, keap1, hsp70 and mt) encoding antioxidant proteins...
- Randazzo B, Chemello G, Tortarolo I, Chiarello G, Zalas M, Santini A, et al. A Novel Photocatalytic Purification System for Fish Culture. Zebrafish. 2017;14:411-421 pubmed publisher..No significant biological alterations were detectable on the cultured fish. ..
- Jin Y, Liu Z, Liu F, Ye Y, Peng T, Fu Z. Embryonic exposure to cadmium (II) and chromium (VI) induce behavioral alterations, oxidative stress and immunotoxicity in zebrafish (Danio rerio). Neurotoxicol Teratol. 2015;48:9-17 pubmed publisher..Our results suggested that Cd and Cr have the potential to cause behavior alterations, oxidative stress and immunotoxicity in the larval zebrafish. ..