Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: gpc4
Description: glypican 4
Alias: chunp6920, gpc4,, gpc4/6, gpc6, kny, knypek, wu:fc47a08, wu:fe05f10, zgc:194854, glypican-4, fc47a08, fe05f10
- Yin C, Solnica Krezel L. Convergence and extension movements affect dynamic notochord-somite interactions essential for zebrafish slow muscle morphogenesis. Dev Dyn. 2007;236:2742-56 pubmed..In zebrafish knypek;trilobite non-canonical Wnt mutants, defective C&E movements cause misshapen somites and reduction of slow ..
- Harrington M, Hong E, Fasanmi O, Brewster R. Cadherin-mediated adhesion regulates posterior body formation. BMC Dev Biol. 2007;7:130 pubmed..These findings further highlight the central role that adhesion molecules play in the cellular rearrangements that drive morphogenesis in vertebrates and identify classical cadherins as major contributors to tail development. ..
- Coyle R, Latimer A, Jessen J. Membrane-type 1 matrix metalloproteinase regulates cell migration during zebrafish gastrulation: evidence for an interaction with non-canonical Wnt signaling. Exp Cell Res. 2008;314:2150-62 pubmed publisher..Together, our results support the notion that pathways regulating pericellular proteolysis and cell polarity converge to promote efficient cell migration. ..
- Shao M, Liu Z, Wang C, Li H, Carron C, Zhang H, et al. Down syndrome critical region protein 5 regulates membrane localization of Wnt receptors, Dishevelled stability and convergent extension in vertebrate embryos. Development. 2009;136:2121-31 pubmed publisher..Dscr5 functionally interacted with Knypek/Glypican 4 and was required for its localization at the cell surface...
- Borovina A, Superina S, Voskas D, Ciruna B. Vangl2 directs the posterior tilting and asymmetric localization of motile primary cilia. Nat Cell Biol. 2010;12:407-12 pubmed publisher..Our results indicate a broad and essential role for PCP in the asymmetric localization and orientation of motile primary cilia, establishing directional fluid flow implicated in normal embryonic development and disease. ..
- de Andrea C, Prins F, Wiweger M, Hogendoorn P. Growth plate regulation and osteochondroma formation: insights from tracing proteoglycans in zebrafish models and human cartilage. J Pathol. 2011;224:160-8 pubmed publisher..presenting with defective sulphation of glycosaminoglycans; hi954 (uxs1), lacking most glycosaminoglycans; and knypek (kny/gpc4), missing the protein core of the glypican-4 proteoglycan...
- Sisson B, Dale R, Mui S, Topczewska J, Topczewski J. A role of glypican4 and wnt5b in chondrocyte stacking underlying craniofacial cartilage morphogenesis. Mech Dev. 2015;138 Pt 3:279-90 pubmed publisher..morphogenesis defects they do not display the chondrocyte stacking and intercalation problems seen in glypican 4 (gpc4) and wnt5b mutants...
- Wiweger M, Avramut C, de Andrea C, Prins F, Koster A, Ravelli R, et al. Cartilage ultrastructure in proteoglycan-deficient zebrafish mutants brings to light new candidate genes for human skeletal disorders. J Pathol. 2011;223:531-42 pubmed publisher..of GAGs and other molecules; hi954 (uxs1), lacking Notch and most GAGs due to impaired protein xylosylation; and knypek (kny/gpc4), missing the protein core of the Glypican-4 proteoglycan...
- Ling I, Rochard L, Liao E. Distinct requirements of wls, wnt9a, wnt5b and gpc4 in regulating chondrocyte maturation and timing of endochondral ossification. Dev Biol. 2017;421:219-232 pubmed publisher..Here we examined the role of the non-canonical Wnt signaling pathway (wls, gpc4, wnt5b and wnt9a) in regulating zebrafish Meckel's cartilage maturation to the onset of osteogenic differentiation...
- Ninkovic J, Tallafuss A, Leucht C, Topczewski J, Tannhäuser B, Solnica Krezel L, et al. Inhibition of neurogenesis at the zebrafish midbrain-hindbrain boundary by the combined and dose-dependent activity of a new hairy/E(spl) gene pair. Development. 2005;132:75-88 pubmed..We propose a molecular mechanism for this process where the global 'Him+Her5' activity inhibits ngn1 expression in a dose-dependent manner and through different sensitivity thresholds along the medio-lateral axis of the neural plate. ..
- Filmus J. The contribution of in vivo manipulation of gene expression to the understanding of the function of glypicans. Glycoconj J. 2002;19:319-23 pubmed..Future studies should investigate whether the phenotype of GPC-3-deficient individuals is also due to altered modulation of cellular responses to these factors. ..
- Mendelsohn B, Yin C, Johnson S, Wilm T, Solnica Krezel L, Gitlin J. Atp7a determines a hierarchy of copper metabolism essential for notochord development. Cell Metab. 2006;4:155-62 pubmed..Our data provide insight into the developmental pathophysiology of copper metabolism and suggest that suboptimal copper metabolism may contribute to birth defects. ..
- Strate I, Tessadori F, Bakkers J. Glypican4 promotes cardiac specification and differentiation by attenuating canonical Wnt and Bmp signaling. Development. 2015;142:1767-76 pubmed publisher..To understand better the role of glypicans during heart development, we studied the zebrafish knypek mutant, which is deficient for Gpc4...
- Holmborn K, Habicher J, Kasza Z, Eriksson A, Filipek Gorniok B, Gopal S, et al. On the roles and regulation of chondroitin sulfate and heparan sulfate in zebrafish pharyngeal cartilage morphogenesis. J Biol Chem. 2012;287:33905-16 pubmed
- Castanon I, Abrami L, Holtzer L, Heisenberg C, van der Goot F, Gonzalez Gaitan M. Anthrax toxin receptor 2a controls mitotic spindle positioning. Nat Cell Biol. 2013;15:28-39 pubmed publisher..Mechanistically, Antxr2a functions as a Wnt-dependent polarized determinant, which, through the action of RhoA and zDia2, exerts torque on the spindle to align it with the A-V axis. ..
- Li X, Roszko I, Sepich D, Ni M, Hamm H, Marlow F, et al. Gpr125 modulates Dishevelled distribution and planar cell polarity signaling. Development. 2013;140:3028-39 pubmed publisher..Our study reveals a role for Gpr125 in PCP-mediated processes and provides mechanistic insight into Wnt/PCP signaling. ..
- Venero Galanternik M, Kramer K, Piotrowski T. Heparan Sulfate Proteoglycans Regulate Fgf Signaling and Cell Polarity during Collective Cell Migration. Cell Rep. 2015;: pubmed publisher..The HSPGs themselves are regulated by the Wnt/Î²-catenin and Fgf pathways and thus are integral components of the regulatory network that coordinates collective cell migration with organ specification and morphogenesis. ..
- Young T, Poobalan Y, Tan E, Tao S, Ong S, Wehner P, et al. The PDZ domain protein Mcc is a novel effector of non-canonical Wnt signaling during convergence and extension in zebrafish. Development. 2014;141:3505-16 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our results identify Mcc as a novel intracellular effector of non-canonical Wnt5b/Vangl2/Ror2 signaling during vertebrate gastrulation. ..
- Stemple D, Solnica Krezel L, Zwartkruis F, Neuhauss S, Schier A, Malicki J, et al. Mutations affecting development of the notochord in zebrafish. Development. 1996;123:117-28 pubmed
- Venero Galanternik M, Lush M, Piotrowski T. Glypican4 modulates lateral line collective cell migration non cell-autonomously. Dev Biol. 2016;419:321-335 pubmed publisher..glypican4 is expressed in neuromasts, interneuromast cells and muscle cells underlying the lateral line. knypekfr6/glypican4 mutants show severe primordium migration defects and the primordium often U-turns and ..
- Rochard L, Monica S, Ling I, Kong Y, Roberson S, Harland R, et al. Roles of Wnt pathway genes wls, wnt9a, wnt5b, frzb and gpc4 in regulating convergent-extension during zebrafish palate morphogenesis. Development. 2016;143:2541-7 pubmed publisher..We investigated the role and genetic interactions of Wnt ligands and their trafficking factors Wls, Gpc4 and Frzb in the context of palate morphogenesis in zebrafish...
- Minchin J, Dahlman I, Harvey C, Mejhert N, Singh M, Epstein J, et al. Plexin D1 determines body fat distribution by regulating the type V collagen microenvironment in visceral adipose tissue. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2015;112:4363-8 pubmed publisher..Together, our findings identify Plxnd1 as a novel regulator of VAT growth, body fat distribution, and insulin sensitivity in both zebrafish and humans. ..
- Gupta M, Brand M. Identification and expression analysis of zebrafish glypicans during embryonic development. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e80824 pubmed publisher..Some of the fish glypicans like Gpc1a, Gpc3, Gpc4, Gpc6a and Gpc6b show conserved synteny with their mammalian cognate genes...
- Avanesov A, Honeyager S, Malicki J, Blair S. The role of glypicans in Wnt inhibitory factor-1 activity and the structural basis of Wif1's effects on Wnt and Hedgehog signaling. PLoS Genet. 2012;8:e1002503 pubmed publisher..In fact, full-length Wif1 affected distribution and signaling of Hh in D. melanogaster, albeit weakly, suggesting a possible role for Wif1 as a modulator of vertebrate Hh signaling. ..
- Wiweger M, Zhao Z, van Merkesteyn R, Roehl H, Hogendoorn P. HSPG-deficient zebrafish uncovers dental aspect of multiple osteochondromas. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e29734 pubmed publisher..The presence of the malformed and/or displaced teeth with abnormal enamel was declared by half of the respondents indicating that MO might indeed be also associated with dental problems. ..
- Machingo Q, Fritz A, Shur B. A beta1,4-galactosyltransferase is required for convergent extension movements in zebrafish. Dev Biol. 2006;297:471-82 pubmed
- Angonin D, Van Raay T. Nkd1 functions as a passive antagonist of Wnt signaling. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e74666 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that Nkd1 functions as a passive antagonist of Wnt signaling, functioning only when homeostatic levels of Wnt signaling have been breached or when Wnt signaling becomes destabilized. ..
- Heisenberg C, Tada M. Zebrafish gastrulation movements: bridging cell and developmental biology. Semin Cell Dev Biol. 2002;13:471-9 pubmed..For instance, several mutants, including silberblick, knypek and trilobite, exhibit defects in morphogenesis during gastrulation...
- Yin C, Kiskowski M, Pouille P, Farge E, Solnica Krezel L. Cooperation of polarized cell intercalations drives convergence and extension of presomitic mesoderm during zebrafish gastrulation. J Cell Biol. 2008;180:221-32 pubmed publisher..Radial intercalations preferentially separate anterior and posterior neighbors to promote extension. In knypek;trilobite noncanonical Wnt mutants, the frequencies of cell intercalations are altered and the anteroposterior ..