Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: golden
Description: solute carrier family 24 (sodium/potassium/calcium exchanger), member 5
Alias: sodium/potassium/calcium exchanger 5, K-dependent Na,Ca exchanger 5, Na(+)/K(+)/Ca(2+)-exchange protein 5, gol, gol-1, golden, golden-1, protein golden, solute carrier family 24, member 5
- Brown S, Tucker C, Ford C, Lee Y, Dunbar D, Mullins J. Class III antiarrhythmic methanesulfonanilides inhibit leukocyte recruitment in zebrafish. J Leukoc Biol. 2007;82:79-84 pubmed..Our results suggest that ERG-specific Class III antiarrhythmic drugs can modulate inflammatory responses to infection. ..
- Paksa A, Bandemer J, Hoeckendorf B, Razin N, Tarbashevich K, Minina S, et al. Repulsive cues combined with physical barriers and cell-cell adhesion determine progenitor cell positioning during organogenesis. Nat Commun. 2016;7:11288 pubmed publisher..The combination of these developmental and cellular mechanisms prevents organ fusion, controls organ positioning and is thus critical for its proper function. ..
- Pauli A, Montague T, Lennox K, Behlke M, Schier A. Antisense Oligonucleotide-Mediated Transcript Knockdown in Zebrafish. PLoS ONE. 2015;10:e0139504 pubmed publisher..Despite this drawback, quantitation of knockdown efficiency and the ability to degrade lncRNAs make ASOs a useful knockdown reagent in zebrafish. ..
- Jao L, Wente S, Chen W. Efficient multiplex biallelic zebrafish genome editing using a CRISPR nuclease system. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2013;110:13904-9 pubmed publisher..1mnx1:egfp) and four endogenous loci (tyr, golden, mitfa, and ddx19). Mutagenesis rates reached 75-99%, indicating that most cells contained biallelic mutations...
- Guillot R, Muriach B, Rocha A, Rotllant J, Kelsh R, Cerdá Reverter J. Thyroid Hormones Regulate Zebrafish Melanogenesis in a Gender-Specific Manner. PLoS ONE. 2016;11:e0166152 pubmed publisher..Thus, fish gender is now shown to be an important variable that should be controlled in future studies of fish melanogenesis. ..
- Haffter P, Odenthal J, Mullins M, Lin S, Farrell M, Vogelsang E, et al. Mutations affecting pigmentation and shape of the adult zebrafish. Dev Genes Evol. 1996;206:260-76 pubmed publisher..Mutations in sandy produced embryos that failed to express tyrosinase activity. These are potentially useful for using tyrosinase as a marker for the generation of transgenic lines of zebrafish. ..
- Gupta A, Hall V, Kok F, Shin M, McNulty J, Lawson N, et al. Targeted chromosomal deletions and inversions in zebrafish. Genome Res. 2013;23:1008-17 pubmed publisher..The ability to efficiently delete genomic segments in a vertebrate developmental system will facilitate the study of functional noncoding elements on an organismic level...
- Ota S, Hisano Y, Ikawa Y, Kawahara A. Multiple genome modifications by the CRISPR/Cas9 system in zebrafish. Genes Cells. 2014;19:555-64 pubmed publisher..Multiple genes including golden/gol and tyrosinase/tyr, which are involved in pigment formation, and s1pr2 and spns2, which are involved in ..
- Tsetskhladze Z, Canfield V, Ang K, Wentzel S, Reid K, Berg A, et al. Functional assessment of human coding mutations affecting skin pigmentation using zebrafish. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e47398 pubmed publisher..Introduction of the L374F polymorphism into albino or the A111T polymorphism into slc24a5 (golden) abolished mRNA rescue of the respective mutant phenotypes, consistent with their known contributions to European ..
- Liao H, Essner J. Use of RecA fusion proteins to induce genomic modifications in zebrafish. Nucleic Acids Res. 2011;39:4166-79 pubmed publisher..filaments with chimeric RecA proteins were tested for the ability to induce loss of heterozygosity at the golden locus in zebrafish after injection at the one-cell stage...
- Hattori M, Hashimoto H, Bubenshchikova E, Wakamatsu Y. Nuclear transfer of embryonic cell nuclei to non-enucleated eggs in zebrafish, Danio rerio. Int J Biol Sci. 2011;7:460-8 pubmed..we transferred blastula cell nuclei from a wild-type donor strain to non-enucleated, unfertilized eggs from a golden recipient strain. As a result, 31 of 184 (16.8%) operated eggs developed normally and reached the adult stage...