Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: gnat1
Description: guanine nucleotide binding protein (G protein), alpha transducing activity polypeptide 1
Alias: wu:fk56e06, guanine nucleotide-binding protein G(t) subunit alpha-1, Galpha t1, fk56e06, rod transducin alpha subunit, transducin alpha (rod)
- Chen J, Huang C, Zheng L, Simonich M, Bai C, Tanguay R, et al. Trimethyltin chloride (TMT) neurobehavioral toxicity in embryonic zebrafish. Neurotoxicol Teratol. 2011;33:721-6 pubmed publisher..Our study demonstrates the morphological and behavioral sensitivity of the developing zebrafish to TMT and establishes a platform for future identification of the affected pathways and chemical modulators of TMT toxicity. ..
- Liu F, Chen J, Yu S, Raghupathy R, Liu X, Qin Y, et al. Knockout of RP2 decreases GRK1 and rod transducin subunits and leads to photoreceptor degeneration in zebrafish. Hum Mol Genet. 2015;24:4648-59 pubmed publisher..deletion leads to decreased protein levels and abnormal retinal localizations of GRK1 and rod transducin subunits (GNAT1 and GNB1) in zebrafish...
- Stevens C, Cameron D, Stenkamp D. Plasticity of photoreceptor-generating retinal progenitors revealed by prolonged retinoic acid exposure. BMC Dev Biol. 2011;11:51 pubmed publisher..In zebrafish RA may influence the rod vs. cone cell fate decision. The RAR?b receptor mediates the effects of endogenous, as well as exogenous RA, on rod development. ..
- Morrissey M, Shelton S, Brockerhoff S, Hurley J, Kennedy B. PRE-1, a cis element sufficient to enhance cone- and rod- specific expression in differentiating zebrafish photoreceptors. BMC Dev Biol. 2011;11:3 pubmed publisher..PRE-1 is a novel cis-regulatory module that is sufficient to enhance the initiation of photoreceptor-specific gene expression in differentiating rod and cone photoreceptors. ..
- Zhang L, Zhang X, Zhang G, Pang C, Leung Y, Zhang M, et al. Expression profiling of the retina of pde6c, a zebrafish model of retinal degeneration. Sci Data. 2017;4:170182 pubmed publisher..This dataset will facilitate the characterization of the molecular defects in the pde6c retina at the initial stage of retinal degeneration. ..
- Nakao T, Tsujikawa M, Notomi S, Ikeda Y, Nishida K. The role of mislocalized phototransduction in photoreceptor cell death of retinitis pigmentosa. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e32472 pubmed publisher..In short, our study indicates that in some RP, adenylyl cyclase is involved in photoreceptor cell death pathway; its inhibition is potentially a logical approach for a novel RP therapy. ..
- Zhang Y, Bonilla S, Chong L, Leung Y. Irx7, a Smarca4-regulated gene for retinal differentiation, regulates other genes controlled by Smarca4 in zebrafish retinas. Gene Expr Patterns. 2013;13:177-82 pubmed publisher..an investigation of the regulatory role of irx7 on 13 genes including aanat2, barhl2, bhlhe22, cdh11, ckmt1, gnat1, irx4a, ndrg1a, nme2l, pbx1a, rcv1, robo2 and tfap2a...
- Lagman D, Callado PÃ©rez A, FranzÃ©n I, Larhammar D, Abalo X. Transducin duplicates in the zebrafish retina and pineal complex: differential specialisation after the teleost tetraploidisation. PLoS ONE. 2015;10:e0121330 pubmed publisher..Early vertebrate tetraploidisations resulted in separate transducin heterotrimers: gnat1/gnb1/gngt1 for rods, and gnat2/gnb3/gngt2 for cones...
- Oka Y, Saraiva L, Kwan Y, Korsching S. The fifth class of Galpha proteins. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2009;106:1484-9 pubmed publisher..The discovery of this fifth class of Galpha proteins changes our understanding of G protein evolution. ..
- Feng D, Chen Z, Yang K, Miao S, Xu B, Kang Y, et al. The cytoplasmic tail of rhodopsin triggers rapid rod degeneration in kinesin-2 mutants. J Biol Chem. 2017;292:17375-17386 pubmed publisher..Our results demonstrate a previously unknown function of the rhodopsin cytoplasmic domain during opsin-triggered photoreceptor degeneration and may open up new avenues for managing this disease. ..
- Oka Y, Korsching S. Shared and unique G alpha proteins in the zebrafish versus mammalian senses of taste and smell. Chem Senses. 2011;36:357-65 pubmed publisher..Our results show general similarity to the mammalian situation but also clear-cut differences and as such are essential for using the zebrafish model system to study chemosensory perception...
- Yu M, Liu Y, Li J, Natale B, Cao S, Wang D, et al. Eyes shut homolog is required for maintaining the ciliary pocket and survival of photoreceptors in zebrafish. Biol Open. 2016;5:1662-1673 pubmed publisher..Our results indicate that EYS protein localization is species-dependent and that EYS is required for maintaining ciliary pocket morphology and survival of photoreceptors in zebrafish. ..
- Yu S, Li C, Biswas L, Hu X, Liu F, Reilly J, et al. CERKL gene knockout disturbs photoreceptor outer segment phagocytosis and causes rod-cone dystrophy in zebrafish. Hum Mol Genet. 2017;26:2335-2345 pubmed publisher..We conclude that CERKL deficiency in zebrafish may cause rod-cone dystrophy, but not cone-rod dystrophy, while interfering with the phagocytosis function of RPE associated with down-regulation of the expression of MERTK. ..
- Li W, Zhou L, Li Z, Wang Y, Shi J, Yang Y, et al. Zebrafish Lbh-like Is Required for Otx2-mediated Photoreceptor Differentiation. Int J Biol Sci. 2015;11:688-700 pubmed publisher..by morpholinos specifically inhibits expression of multiple photoreceptor-specific genes, such as opsins, gnat1, gnat2 and irbp...