Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: gmnn
Description: geminin, DNA replication inhibitor
Alias: sb:cb254, zgc:66217, geminin
- Kenyon E, Luijten M, Gill H, Li N, Rawlings M, Bull J, et al. Expression and knockdown of zebrafish folliculin suggests requirement for embryonic brain morphogenesis. BMC Dev Biol. 2016;16:23 pubmed publisher..We demonstrate the utilisation of the zFucci system in testing the role of flcn in cell proliferation and suggest a function for flcn in regulating cell proliferation in vertebrate embryonic brain development. ..
- Vierstraete J, Willaert A, Vermassen P, Coucke P, Vral A, Claes K. Accurate quantification of homologous recombination in zebrafish: brca2 deficiency as a paradigm. Sci Rep. 2017;7:16518 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, we demonstrated the suitability of zebrafish as an excellent in vivo model system for studying the HR pathway and its functionality. ..
- Singh S, Janjuha S, Hartmann T, Kayisoglu Ö, Konantz J, Birke S, et al. Different developmental histories of beta-cells generate functional and proliferative heterogeneity during islet growth. Nat Commun. 2017;8:664 pubmed publisher..Here, the authors show that ?-cells in zebrafish switch from proliferative to functional states with increasing time since ?-cell birth, leading to functional and proliferative heterogeneity. ..
- Wu J, Choi T, Shin D. tomm22 Knockdown-Mediated Hepatocyte Damages Elicit Both the Formation of Hybrid Hepatocytes and Biliary Conversion to Hepatocytes in Zebrafish Larvae. Gene Expr. 2017;17:237-249 pubmed publisher..This new liver injury model in which both hepatocytes and BECs contribute to regenerated hepatocytes will aid in better understanding the mechanisms of innate liver regeneration in the diseased liver. ..
- Cortes M, Chen M, Stachura D, Liu S, Kwan W, Wright F, et al. Developmental Vitamin D Availability Impacts Hematopoietic Stem Cell Production. Cell Rep. 2016;17:458-468 pubmed publisher..Together, these findings highlight the relevance of developmental 1,25(OH)D3 availability for definitive hematopoiesis and suggest potential therapeutic utility in HSPC expansion. ..
- Lu J, Liu K, Schulz N, Karampelias C, Charbord J, Hilding A, et al. IGFBP1 increases ?-cell regeneration by promoting ?- to ?-cell transdifferentiation. EMBO J. 2016;35:2026-44 pubmed publisher..Thus, we identify IGFBP1 as an endogenous promoter of ?-cell regeneration and highlight its clinical importance in diabetes. ..
- Mateus R, LourenÃ§o R, Fang Y, Brito G, Farinho A, ValÃ©rio F, et al. Control of tissue growth by Yap relies on cell density and F-actin in zebrafish fin regeneration. Development. 2015;142:2752-63 pubmed publisher..We propose that Yap is essential for fin regeneration and that its function is dependent on mechanical tension, conferred by a balancing act of cell density and cytoskeleton activity. ..
- Huang S, Ma J, Liu X, Zhang Y, Luo L. Geminin is required for left-right patterning through regulating Kupffer's vesicle formation and ciliogenesis in zebrafish. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2011;410:164-9 pubmed publisherb>Geminin plays an important role in coordinating the cell cycle with anterior-posterior patterning during embryonic development. However, whether it is involved in the regulation of left-right (LR) patterning remains unknown...
- Jiménez Amilburu V, Rasouli S, Staudt D, Nakajima H, Chiba A, Mochizuki N, et al. In Vivo Visualization of Cardiomyocyte Apicobasal Polarity Reveals Epithelial to Mesenchymal-like Transition during Cardiac Trabeculation. Cell Rep. 2016;17:2687-2699 pubmed publisher..These studies provide information about cardiomyocyte polarization and enhance our understanding of the complex mechanisms underlying ventricular morphogenesis and maturation. ..
- Chen S, Zeng M, Sun H, Deng W, Lu Y, Tao D, et al. Zebrafish Dnd protein binds to 3'UTR of geminin mRNA and regulates its expression. BMB Rep. 2010;43:438-44 pubmed..Of the target mRNAs, the present study is focused on the regulation of geminin, which is an inhibitor of DNA replication...
- Boulanger Weill J, Candat V, Jouary A, Romano S, Pérez Schuster V, Sumbre G. Functional Interactions between Newborn and Mature Neurons Leading to Integration into Established Neuronal Circuits. Curr Biol. 2017;27:1707-1720.e5 pubmed publisher..Our results provide a comprehensive description of the maturation of newborn neurons during development and shed light on potential mechanisms underlying their integration into a functionally mature neuronal circuit. ..
- Cao J, Wang J, Jackman C, Cox A, Trembley M, Balowski J, et al. Tension Creates an Endoreplication Wavefront that Leads Regeneration of Epicardial Tissue. Dev Cell. 2017;42:600-615.e4 pubmed publisher..Our findings provide evidence that mechanical tension can regulate cell-cycle dynamics in regenerating tissue, stratifying the source cell features to improve repair. ..
- Ninov N, Hesselson D, Gut P, Zhou A, Fidelin K, Stainier D. Metabolic regulation of cellular plasticity in the pancreas. Curr Biol. 2013;23:1242-50 pubmed publisher..Thus, this study reveals critical insights into how cells modulate their plasticity in response to metabolic cues and identifies nutrient-sensitive progenitors in the mature pancreas. ..
- Rochon E, Menon P, Roman B. Alk1 controls arterial endothelial cell migration in lumenized vessels. Development. 2016;143:2593-602 pubmed publisher..We speculate that the consequent increase in distal arterial caliber and hemodynamic load precipitates the flow-dependent development of downstream AVMs. ..
- Warga R, Wicklund A, Webster S, Kane D. Progressive loss of RacGAP1/ogre activity has sequential effects on cytokinesis and zebrafish development. Dev Biol. 2016;418:307-22 pubmed publisher..We conclude that while RacGAP1 function is crucial for cytokinesis and its activity at different levels controls different aspects of cytokinesis, these defects have occluded other critical roles of this interesting protein. ..
- Liu X, Huang S, Ma J, Li C, Zhang Y, Luo L. NF-kappaB and Snail1a coordinate the cell cycle with gastrulation. J Cell Biol. 2009;184:805-15 pubmed publisher..We present a system to modulate the cell cycle in early zebrafish embryos by manipulating the geminin-Cdt1 balance...
- Sugiyama M, Saitou T, Kurokawa H, Sakaue Sawano A, Imamura T, Miyawaki A, et al. Live imaging-based model selection reveals periodic regulation of the stochastic G1/S phase transition in vertebrate axial development. PLoS Comput Biol. 2014;10:e1003957 pubmed publisher..This approach may have implications for the characterization of the pathophysiological tissue growth mode. ..
- Mochizuki T, Suzuki S, Masai I. Spatial pattern of cell geometry and cell-division orientation in zebrafish lens epithelium. Biol Open. 2014;3:982-94 pubmed publisher..in zebrafish lens epithelium by visualizing cell-cycle phases and nuclear positions, using fluorescent-labeled geminin and histone proteins...
- Theodore L, Hagedorn E, Cortes M, Natsuhara K, Liu S, Perlin J, et al. Distinct Roles for Matrix Metalloproteinases 2 and 9 in Embryonic Hematopoietic Stem Cell Emergence, Migration, and Niche Colonization. Stem Cell Reports. 2017;8:1226-1241 pubmed publisher..Our findings indicate Mmp2 and Mmp9 play distinct but complementary roles in developmental HSPC production and migration. ..