Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: glra1
Description: glycine receptor, alpha 1
Alias: [a]Z1, glycine receptor subunit alphaZ1, GlyR [a]Z1, glycine receptor, alphaZ1 subunit
- Hirata H, Ogino K, Yamada K, Leacock S, Harvey R. Defective escape behavior in DEAH-box RNA helicase mutants improved by restoring glycine receptor expression. J Neurosci. 2013;33:14638-44 pubmed publisher..To our knowledge, this is the first identification of pathologically relevant substrates for an RNA helicase...
- Fucile S, de Saint Jan D, David Watine B, Korn H, Bregestovski P. Comparison of glycine and GABA actions on the zebrafish homomeric glycine receptor. J Physiol. 1999;517 ( Pt 2):369-83 pubmed..7. Our data demonstrate that the kinetics of glycine and GABA interactions with alphaZ1 are different and that they determine the properties of these neurotransmitter actions on the GlyR. ..
- Ruuskanen J, Xhaard H, Marjamäki A, Salaneck E, Salminen T, Yan Y, et al. Identification of duplicated fourth alpha2-adrenergic receptor subtype by cloning and mapping of five receptor genes in zebrafish. Mol Biol Evol. 2004;21:14-28 pubmed
- Devignot V, Prado De Carvalho L, Bregestovski P, Goblet C. A novel glycine receptor alpha Z1 subunit variant in the zebrafish brain. Neuroscience. 2003;122:449-57 pubmed..This report contributes to the characterization of the diversity of glycine receptor isoforms in zebrafish and emphasizes the common mechanism used among vertebrates for creating GlyR variety and specificity. ..
- David Watine B, Shorte S, Fucile S, de Saint Jan D, Korn H, Bregestovski P. Functional integrity of green fluorescent protein conjugated glycine receptor channels. Neuropharmacology. 1999;38:785-92 pubmed..Overall, the preservation in alphaZ1-GFPs of the wild type receptor functional properties makes it a promising new tool for further in situ investigations of GlyR expression, distribution and function. ..