Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: ghrb
Description: growth hormone receptor b
Alias: ghr.b, growth hormone receptor b
- Hou J, Su Y, Lin W, Guo H, Xie P, Chen J, et al. Microcystin-LR retards gonadal maturation through disrupting the growth hormone/insulin-like growth factors system in zebrafish. Ecotoxicol Environ Saf. 2017;139:27-35 pubmed publisher..Our results provide evidence that MC-LR at environmentally relevant concentrations is able to induce impairments on fish gonadal development. ..
- Tsai T, Lu J, Choo S, Yeh S, Tang R, Lee H, et al. The paracrine effect of exogenous growth hormone alleviates dysmorphogenesis caused by tbx5 deficiency in zebrafish (Danio rerio) embryos. J Biomed Sci. 2012;19:63 pubmed publisher..of downstream mediators in the GH and insulin-like growth factor (IGF)-1 pathway, including igf1, ghra, and ghrb, and signal transductors (erk1, akt2), and eventually to correct dysmorphogenesis in various organs including the ..
- Zhou R, Yu S, Ge W. Expression and functional characterization of intrafollicular GH-IGF system in the zebrafish ovary. Gen Comp Endocrinol. 2016;232:32-42 pubmed publisher..All key members of this axis including growth hormone (GH, gh), GH receptors (ghra and ghrb), insulin-like growth factors (IGFs, igf1, igf2 and igf3) and IGF receptors (igf1ra and igf1rb) were detected in ..
- Fukamachi S, Meyer A. Evolution of receptors for growth hormone and somatolactin in fish and land vertebrates: lessons from the lungfish and sturgeon orthologues. J Mol Evol. 2007;65:359-72 pubmed..On the basis of these results, we discuss the validity of the nomenclature of the teleost-specific copy of GHR as SLR and an ancestral receptor(s) for SL before the evolution of SLR during the FSGD. ..
- Biga P, Meyer J. Growth hormone differentially regulates growth and growth-related gene expression in closely related fish species. Comp Biochem Physiol A Mol Integr Physiol. 2009;154:465-73 pubmed publisher..These results further support the role that the zebrafish and giant danio can play important model organisms for determinate and indeterminate growth. ..
- Palstra A, Tudorache C, Rovira M, Brittijn S, Burgerhout E, van den Thillart G, et al. Establishing zebrafish as a novel exercise model: swimming economy, swimming-enhanced growth and muscle growth marker gene expression. PLoS ONE. 2010;5:e14483 pubmed publisher..marker genes revealed clear regulatory roles in relation to swimming-enhanced growth for genes such as growth hormone receptor b (ghrb), insulin-like growth factor 1 receptor a (igf1ra), troponin C (stnnc), slow myosin heavy chain 1 (..