Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: gbx2
Description: gastrulation brain homeobox 2
Alias: fd07f12, gbx-2, wu:fd07f12, homeobox protein GBX-2, gastrulation brain homeo box 2
- Abbas L, Whitfield T. Nkcc1 (Slc12a2) is required for the regulation of endolymph volume in the otic vesicle and swim bladder volume in the zebrafish larva. Development. 2009;136:2837-48 pubmed publisher..This exemplifies the use of morpholinos as potential therapeutic agents for genetic disease...
- Burroughs Garcia J, Sittaramane V, Chandrasekhar A, Waters S. Evolutionarily conserved function of Gbx2 in anterior hindbrain development. Dev Dyn. 2011;240:828-38 pubmed publisherThe amino acid sequence across the DNA-binding homeodomain of Gbx2 is highly conserved across multiple species...
- Su C, Kemp H, Moens C. Cerebellar development in the absence of Gbx function in zebrafish. Dev Biol. 2014;386:181-90 pubmed publisher..The MHB forms at the expression boundary of Otx2 and Gbx2, mutually repressive homeodomain transcription factors expressed in the midbrain/forebrain and anterior hindbrain, ..
- Erickson T, Scholpp S, Brand M, Moens C, Waskiewicz A. Pbx proteins cooperate with Engrailed to pattern the midbrain-hindbrain and diencephalic-mesencephalic boundaries. Dev Biol. 2007;301:504-17 pubmed..Embryos lacking Pbx function correctly initiate midbrain patterning, but fail to maintain eng2a, pax2a, fgf8, gbx2, and wnt1 expression at the MHB...
- Peukert D, Weber S, Lumsden A, Scholpp S. Lhx2 and Lhx9 determine neuronal differentiation and compartition in the caudal forebrain by regulating Wnt signaling. PLoS Biol. 2011;9:e1001218 pubmed publisher..We therefore suggest that after initial neural tube patterning, neurogenesis within a brain compartment influences the integrity of the neuronal progenitor pool and border formation of a neuromeric compartment. ..
- Tuttle A, Hoffman T, Schilling T. Rabconnectin-3a regulates vesicle endocytosis and canonical Wnt signaling in zebrafish neural crest migration. PLoS Biol. 2014;12:e1001852 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that different v-ATPases and associated proteins may play cell-type-specific functions in intracellular trafficking in many contexts...
- Albuixech Crespo B, López Blanch L, Burguera D, Maeso I, Sánchez Arrones L, Moreno Bravo J, et al. Molecular regionalization of the developing amphioxus neural tube challenges major partitions of the vertebrate brain. PLoS Biol. 2017;15:e2001573 pubmed publisher..This suggests that these domains have a common developmental and evolutionary origin, as supported by functional experiments manipulating secondary organizers in zebrafish and mice. ..
- Nakayama Y, Kikuta H, Kanai M, Yoshikawa K, Kawamura A, Kobayashi K, et al. Gbx2 functions as a transcriptional repressor to regulate the specification and morphogenesis of the mid-hindbrain junction in a dosage- and stage-dependent manner. Mech Dev. 2013;130:532-52 pubmed publisher..we first examined the dose dependency of its effects on brain formation in zebrafish and found that high-dose gbx2 mRNA injection affected the entire forebrain and midbrain, whereas low-dose mRNA specifically disrupted the isthmic ..
- Sun Z, Zhao J, Zhang Y, Meng A. Sp5l is a mediator of Fgf signals in anteroposterior patterning of the neuroectoderm in zebrafish embryo. Dev Dyn. 2006;235:2999-3006 pubmed..to inhibit inductive activity of ectopic Fgf signals on the expression of the posterior neuroectodermal markers gbx2, hoxb1b, and krox20...