Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: gapdhs
Description: glyceraldehyde-3-phosphate dehydrogenase, spermatogenic
Alias: cb350, fb71f08, fk58c09, g3pdh, gapdh, gapdh-2, gapds, wu:fb71f08, wu:fk58c09, zgc:76908, glyceraldehyde-3-phosphate dehydrogenase 2, glyceraldehyde 3-phosphate dehydrogenase, testis-specific, spermatogenic glyceraldehyde-3-phosphate dehydrogenase
- Chen D, Chan K. Differentially expressed proteins in zebrafish liver cells exposed to copper. Aquat Toxicol. 2011;104:270-7 pubmed publisher..However, the regulation of several proteins in ZFL, related to the reactive oxygen species (ROS) effect, mitochondrion copper transportation and stress response, was quite different from that in tilapia. ..
- Chen Y, Chan K. Differential effects of metal ions on TCDD-induced cytotoxicity and cytochrome P4501A1 gene expression in a zebrafish liver (ZFL) cell-line. Metallomics. 2016;8:236-51 pubmed publisher..A proteomic study showed that the toxic effects of As(3+) might be due to changes in cellular metabolic processes, the cellular stimulation response and the cellular redox state in ZFL cells. ..
- Lee E, Lee T, Kim J, Park A, Ra E, Kang S, et al. CNBP acts as a key transcriptional regulator of sustained expression of interleukin-6. Nucleic Acids Res. 2017;45:3280-3296 pubmed publisher..Collectively, these observations identify CNBP as a key transcriptional regulator required for activating and maintaining the immune response. ..
- Wu Z, Zhang W, Lu Y, Lu C. Transcriptome profiling of zebrafish infected with Streptococcus suis. Microb Pathog. 2010;48:178-87 pubmed publisher..The data may provide further validation of this model, which will contribute to understanding of S. suis pathogenic mechanisms. ..
- Diekmann H, Kalbhen P, Fischer D. Active mechanistic target of rapamycin plays an ancillary rather than essential role in zebrafish CNS axon regeneration. Front Cell Neurosci. 2015;9:251 pubmed publisher..Therefore, axotomy-induced mTOR activity is involved in CNS axon regeneration in zebrafish similar to mammals, although it plays an ancillary rather than essential role in this regeneration-competent species. ..
- Xiong X, Dong C, Xu X, Weng S, Liu Z, He J. Proteomic analysis of zebrafish (Danio rerio) infected with infectious spleen and kidney necrosis virus. Dev Comp Immunol. 2011;35:431-40 pubmed publisher..These findings provide insight into the interactions between iridoviruses (especially ISKNV) and host, as well as the mechanism and pathogenesis of ISKNV infections. ..
- Yuan S, Lv Z, Zhu A, Zheng J, Wu C. Negative effect of chronic cadmium exposure on growth, histology, ultrastructure, antioxidant and innate immune responses in the liver of zebrafish: Preventive role of blue light emitting diodes. Ecotoxicol Environ Saf. 2017;139:18-26 pubmed publisher..Finally, for the first time, our data demonstrated that LDB could protect fish against Cd toxicity. ..
- Tang R, Dodd A, Lai D, McNabb W, Love D. Validation of zebrafish (Danio rerio) reference genes for quantitative real-time RT-PCR normalization. Acta Biochim Biophys Sin (Shanghai). 2007;39:384-90 pubmed..Importantly, the zebrafish GAPDH gene appears unsuitable as reference gene for both types of studies.
- Zhang L, Chen W, Hu Y, Wu X, Nie P, Chang M. TBK1-like transcript negatively regulates the production of IFN and IFN-stimulated genes through RLRs-MAVS-TBK1 pathway. Fish Shellfish Immunol. 2016;54:135-43 pubmed publisher..Collectively, these data support that zebrafish TBK1L negatively regulates RLRs-MAVS-TBK1 pathway. ..
- Hou J, Li L, Xue T, Long M, Su Y, Wu N. Hepatic positive and negative antioxidant responses in zebrafish after intraperitoneal administration of toxic microcystin-LR. Chemosphere. 2015;120:729-36 pubmed publisher..These results illustrated that antioxidant status played an important role in zebrafish protection against MC-LR-caused oxidative stress through regulating antioxidant enzyme gene expression and activities. ..
- Zygmunt T, Gay C, Blondelle J, Singh M, Flaherty K, Means P, et al. Semaphorin-PlexinD1 signaling limits angiogenic potential via the VEGF decoy receptor sFlt1. Dev Cell. 2011;21:301-14 pubmed publisher..Hence, Sema-PlxnD1 signaling regulates distinct but related aspects of angiogenesis: the spatial allocation of angiogenic capacity within a primary vessel and sprout guidance. ..
- Choi J, Mouillesseaux K, Wang Z, Fiji H, Kinderman S, Otto G, et al. Aplexone targets the HMG-CoA reductase pathway and differentially regulates arteriovenous angiogenesis. Development. 2011;138:1173-81 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our findings indicate that angiogenesis is differentially regulated by the HMGCR pathway via an arteriovenous-dependent requirement for protein prenylation in zebrafish and human endothelial cells. ..
- Frøyset A, Khan E, Fladmark K. Quantitative proteomics analysis of zebrafish exposed to sub-lethal dosages of ?-methyl-amino-L-alanine (BMAA). Sci Rep. 2016;6:29631 pubmed publisher..We also found that BMAA influenced the endocannabinoid system by up-regulation of fatty acid amide hydrolase (FAAH) and that FAAH inhibitor URB597 reduced the BMAA effect on heart rate and GSK3 expression. ..
- Xu T, Zhao J, Xu Z, Pan R, Yin D. The developmental effects of pentachlorophenol on zebrafish embryos during segmentation: A systematic view. Sci Rep. 2016;6:25929 pubmed publisher..Our study attempted to describe the developmental toxicity of environmental pollutants from a systematic view. Meanwhile, some features of gene expression profiling could serve as markers of human health or ecological risk. ..
- Wang L, Huang S, Zhao H, Liu C, Yao L, Shen Y. Activating transcription factor 3 promotes spinal cord regeneration of adult zebrafish. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2017;488:522-527 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that ATF3 could promote locomotor recovery and axon regrowth in zebrafish SCI model possibly by regulating inflammatory response. ..
- Chang M, Nie P. RNAi suppression of zebrafish peptidoglycan recognition protein 6 (zfPGRP6) mediated differentially expressed genes involved in Toll-like receptor signaling pathway and caused increased susceptibility to Flavobacterium columnare. Vet Immunol Immunopathol. 2008;124:295-301 pubmed publisher..In challenge experiments to determine the anti-bacterial response to Gram-negative bacteria, RNAi knock-down of zfPGRP6 markedly increased susceptibility to Flavobacterium columnare...
- Liang J, Wang D, Renaud G, Wolfsberg T, Wilson A, Burgess S. The stat3/socs3a pathway is a key regulator of hair cell regeneration in zebrafish. [corrected]. J Neurosci. 2012;32:10662-73 pubmed publisher..2008; Zhu et al., 2008; Qin et al., 2009), we propose that the stat3/socs3 pathway is a key response in all tissue regeneration and thus an important therapeutic target for a broad application in tissue repair and injury healing. ..
- Breves J, Serizier S, Goffin V, McCormick S, Karlstrom R. Prolactin regulates transcription of the ion uptake Na+/Cl- cotransporter (ncc) gene in zebrafish gill. Mol Cell Endocrinol. 2013;369:98-106 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that PRL signaling through PRL receptors in the gill regulates the expression of ncc, thereby linking this pituitary hormone with an effector of Cl(-) uptake in zebrafish for the first time. ..
- Monte E, Mouillesseaux K, Chen H, Kimball T, Ren S, Wang Y, et al. Systems proteomics of cardiac chromatin identifies nucleolin as a regulator of growth and cellular plasticity in cardiomyocytes. Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol. 2013;305:H1624-38 pubmed publisher..Validation studies in the complementary model system of zebrafish examine the role of Nucleolin to orchestrate genomic reprogramming events shared between development and disease. ..
- Tsai H, Hamilton A, Tinch A, Guy D, Gharbi K, Stear M, et al. Genome wide association and genomic prediction for growth traits in juvenile farmed Atlantic salmon using a high density SNP array. BMC Genomics. 2015;16:969 pubmed publisher..The results have practical relevance for genomic selection in salmon and may also provide insight into variation in the identified genes underpinning body growth and development in salmonid species. ..
- Pei D, Sun Y, Zhu Z. Construction of cytoplasmic molecular markers distinguishing Danio rerio from Gobiocypris rarus at high identity domains based on MP-PCR strategy and Sybr Green I detection. Mol Biol Rep. 2008;35:45-50 pubmed..rarus male symbol) before the sphere stage. In the present study, all results demonstrate that MP-PCR approach and Sybr Green I detection are feasible to construct the molecular markers to identify genes that shared high identity. ..
- Han R, Zhao Q, Zong S, Miao S, Song W, Wang L. A novel TRIM family member, Trim69, regulates zebrafish development through p53-mediated apoptosis. Mol Reprod Dev. 2016;83:442-54 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our results suggest that trim69 participates in tp53-mediated apoptosis during zebrafish development. Mol. Reprod. Dev. 83: 442-454, 2016. © 2016 Wiley Periodicals, Inc. ..
- Peng S, Yao L, Cui C, Zhao H, Liu C, Li Y, et al. Semaphorin4D promotes axon regrowth and swimming ability during recovery following zebrafish spinal cord injury. Neuroscience. 2017;351:36-46 pubmed publisher..The combined results indicate that Sema4D expression in motoneurons enhances locomotor recovery and axon regeneration, possibly by regulating microglia function, after SCI in adult zebrafish. ..
- Zhao X, Kuja Panula J, Rouhiainen A, Chen Y, Panula P, Rauvala H. High mobility group box-1 (HMGB1; amphoterin) is required for zebrafish brain development. J Biol Chem. 2011;286:23200-13 pubmed publisher..Our data demonstrate that HMGB1 is a critical factor for brain development, enabling survival and proliferation of neural progenitors that will form the forebrain structures. ..
- Hou J, Li L, Xue T, Long M, Su Y, Wu N. Damage and recovery of the ovary in female zebrafish i.p.-injected with MC-LR. Aquat Toxicol. 2014;155:110-8 pubmed publisher..Although the negative effects of MC-LR can be overcome by ovarian antioxidant system in this study, the potential reproductive risks of MC-LR should not be neglected because of its wide occurrence. ..
- Barreiro Iglesias A, Mysiak K, Scott A, Reimer M, Yang Y, Becker C, et al. Serotonin Promotes Development and Regeneration of Spinal Motor Neurons in Zebrafish. Cell Rep. 2015;13:924-32 pubmed publisher..Regeneration of spinal-intrinsic serotonergic interneurons was unaltered by these manipulations. Hence, serotonin selectively promotes the development and adult regeneration of motor neurons in zebrafish. ..
- Willis A, Moore C, Mazon Moya M, Krokowski S, Lambert C, Till R, et al. Injections of Predatory Bacteria Work Alongside Host Immune Cells to Treat Shigella Infection in Zebrafish Larvae. Curr Biol. 2016;26:3343-3351 pubmed publisher..Such cooperation may be important to consider in the fight against antibiotic-resistant infections in vivo. ..
- Cacialli P, D angelo L, Kah O, Coumailleau P, Gueguen M, Pellegrini E, et al. Neuronal expression of brain derived neurotrophic factor in the injured telencephalon of adult zebrafish. J Comp Neurol. 2018;526:569-582 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these results highlight the role of BDNF in brain repair processes and reinforce the value of zebrafish for the study of regenerative neurogenesis. ..
- Qian Y, Wang C, Wang J, Zhang X, Zhou Z, Zhao M, et al. Fipronil-induced enantioselective developmental toxicity to zebrafish embryo-larvae involves changes in DNA methylation. Sci Rep. 2017;7:2284 pubmed publisher..The application of epigenetics to investigate the enantioselective toxicity mechanism of chiral chemicals would provide a further understanding of their stereoselectivity biological effects. ..
- Fan Z, Wang D, Yang J, Lin Z, Lin Y, Yang A, et al. Dalbergia odorifera extract promotes angiogenesis through upregulation of VEGFRs and PI3K/MAPK signaling pathways. J Ethnopharmacol. 2017;204:132-141 pubmed publisher..These results suggest a strong potential for Dalbergia odorifera to be developed as an angiogenesis-promoting therapeutic. ..
- Zhou Z, Huan L, Zhao W, Tang N, Jin Y, Tang J. Spatholobi Caulis extracts promote angiogenesis in HUVECs in vitro and in zebrafish embryos in vivo via up-regulation of VEGFRs. J Ethnopharmacol. 2017;200:74-83 pubmed publisher..Thus, the current study provided evidence for the clinical usage of Spatholobi Caulis in promoting blood circulation and removing stasis in traditional Chinese medicine (TCM). ..
- Cortés R, Teles M, Oliveira M, Fierro Castro C, Tort L, Cerdá Reverter J. Effects of acute handling stress on short-term central expression of orexigenic/anorexigenic genes in zebrafish. Fish Physiol Biochem. 2018;44:257-272 pubmed publisher..By contrast, the anorexigenic precursors tested, i.e., cart peptides and pomc, exhibited increased expression after acute stress, suggesting their involvement in the anorexigenic effects. ..
- Oka Y, Sato T. Whole-mount single molecule FISH method for zebrafish embryo. Sci Rep. 2015;5:8571 pubmed publisher..The whole-mount smFISH method described in this report is expected to facilitate the study of noise in gene expression and its role in zebrafish, a vertebrate animal model relevant to human biology. ..
- Ge R, Zhou Y, Peng R, Wang R, Li M, Zhang Y, et al. Conservation of the STING-Mediated Cytosolic DNA Sensing Pathway in Zebrafish. J Virol. 2015;89:7696-706 pubmed publisher..This proof-of-concept study indicates that the zebrafish represents an amenable model for the investigation of cytosolic DNA sensing mechanisms. ..
- Prykhozhij S. In the absence of Sonic hedgehog, p53 induces apoptosis and inhibits retinal cell proliferation, cell-cycle exit and differentiation in zebrafish. PLoS ONE. 2010;5:e13549 pubmed publisher..Moreover, Shh-mediated control of p53 activity is required for proliferation and cell cycle exit of retinal cells as well as differentiation of amacrine cells and photoreceptors. ..
- Suzuki H, Nikaido M, Hagino Yamagishi K, Okada N. Distinct functions of two olfactory marker protein genes derived from teleost-specific whole genome duplication. BMC Evol Biol. 2015;15:245 pubmed publisher..This study provides a good example for analyzing a functional subdivision of the teleost OE and eyes as revealed by 3R-derived paralogs of OMPs. ..
- Fontaine R, Affaticati P, Yamamoto K, Jolly C, Bureau C, Baloche S, et al. Dopamine inhibits reproduction in female zebrafish (Danio rerio) via three pituitary D2 receptor subtypes. Endocrinology. 2013;154:807-18 pubmed publisher..These results show for the first time that, in zebrafish, DA has a direct and potent inhibitory action capable of opposing the stimulatory effect of GnRH in the neuroendocrine control of reproduction. ..
- Huang S, Zhao H, Wang L, Sun M, Zhu Y, Wu Y, et al. Intradiencephalon injection of histamine inhibited the recovery of locomotor function of spinal cord injured zebrafish. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2017;489:275-280 pubmed publisher..Hence, our data suggested that exogenous intradiencephalon HA retarded locomotor recovery in spinal cord injured zebrafish via modulating the repair microenvironment. ..
- Laprairie R, Denovan Wright E, Wright J. Subfunctionalization of peroxisome proliferator response elements accounts for retention of duplicated fabp1 genes in zebrafish. BMC Evol Biol. 2016;16:147 pubmed publisher..Using a pharmacological approach, we demonstrated here the divergent regulation of the zebrafish fabp1a, fabp1b.1, and fabp1b.2 with regard to subfunctionalization of PPAR regulation following two rounds of gene duplication. ..
- Li J, Liu Z, Wang D, Cheng C. Insulin-like growth factor 3 is involved in oocyte maturation in zebrafish. Biol Reprod. 2011;84:476-86 pubmed publisher..The actions of Igf3 could be blocked by cycloheximide, but not by actinomycin D. Taken together, these results support an important role of Igf3 in the ovarian functions of zebrafish, especially in oocyte maturation. ..
- Xu T, Zhao J, Hu P, Dong Z, Li J, Zhang H, et al. Pentachlorophenol exposure causes Warburg-like effects in zebrafish embryos at gastrulation stage. Toxicol Appl Pharmacol. 2014;277:183-91 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our results demonstrated that PCP causes a Warburg-like effect on zebrafish embryos during gastrulation, and the affected embryos had the phenotype of developmental delay...
- Lang X, Wang L, Zhang Z. Stability evaluation of reference genes for real-time PCR in zebrafish (Danio rerio) exposed to cadmium chloride and subsequently infected by bacteria Aeromonas hydrophila. Aquat Toxicol. 2016;170:240-250 pubmed publisher..showed that the best four suitable reference genes in the five selected organs were: (1) spleen: ?-actin>gapdh>ef1?>rpl13?; (2) kidney: rplp2>rpl7>?-actin>ef1?; (3) liver: rpl7>rpl13?>?-actin>ef1?; (4) ..
- Lin J, Pan H, Ma L, Shen Y, Schachner M. The cell neural adhesion molecule contactin-2 (TAG-1) is beneficial for functional recovery after spinal cord injury in adult zebrafish. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e52376 pubmed publisher..The combined observations indicate that contactin-2 contributes to locomotor recovery and successful regrowth of axons after spinal cord injury in adult zebrafish. ..
- Zheng J, Yuan S, Wu C, Lv Z, Zhu A. Circadian time-dependent antioxidant and inflammatory responses to acute cadmium exposure in the brain of zebrafish. Aquat Toxicol. 2017;182:113-119 pubmed publisher..Taken together, oxidative stress and immunotoxicity in the brain were more serious when fish were exposed to Cd in the evening than in the morning, highlighting the importance of circadian rhythm in Cd-induced neurotoxicity in fish. ..
- Li Y, Yang H, Zdanowicz M, Sicklick J, Qi Y, Camp T, et al. Fetal alcohol exposure impairs Hedgehog cholesterol modification and signaling. Lab Invest. 2007;87:231-40 pubmed..This insight into FASD pathogenesis may suggest novel strategies for preventing these common congenital defects. ..
- Dong Z, Peng J, Guo S. Stable gene silencing in zebrafish with spatiotemporally targetable RNA interference. Genetics. 2013;193:1065-71 pubmed publisher..This technology shall significantly advance the utility of zebrafish for understanding fundamental vertebrate biology and for the identification and evaluation of important therapeutic targets. ..
- Liew N, Mazon Moya M, Wierzbicki C, Hollinshead M, Dillon M, Thornton C, et al. Chytrid fungus infection in zebrafish demonstrates that the pathogen can parasitize non-amphibian vertebrate hosts. Nat Commun. 2017;8:15048 pubmed publisher..Collectively, our findings greatly expand the limited tool kit available to study pathogenesis and host response to chytrid infection. ..
- Lin C, Spikings E, Zhang T, Rawson D. Housekeeping genes for cryopreservation studies on zebrafish embryos and blastomeres. Theriogenology. 2009;71:1147-55 pubmed publisher..Results suggest that combined use of beta-actin and EF1alpha as housekeeping genes would be suitable for cryopreservation studies on zebrafish embryos and blastomeres. ..
- Brunet T, Bouclet A, Ahmadi P, Mitrossilis D, Driquez B, Brunet A, et al. Evolutionary conservation of early mesoderm specification by mechanotransduction in Bilateria. Nat Commun. 2013;4:2821 pubmed publisher..This suggests mesoderm mechanical induction dating back to at least the last bilaterian common ancestor more than 570 million years ago, the period during which mesoderm is thought to have emerged...
- Hou J, Su Y, Lin W, Guo H, Xie P, Chen J, et al. Microcystin-LR retards gonadal maturation through disrupting the growth hormone/insulin-like growth factors system in zebrafish. Ecotoxicol Environ Saf. 2017;139:27-35 pubmed publisher..Our results provide evidence that MC-LR at environmentally relevant concentrations is able to induce impairments on fish gonadal development. ..
- Rodriguez Aznar E, Nieto M. Repression of Puma by scratch2 is required for neuronal survival during embryonic development. Cell Death Differ. 2011;18:1196-207 pubmed publisher..Our data indicate that the regulatory loop linking p53/Puma with Scratch is active in the vertebrate nervous system, not only controlling cell death in response to damage but also during normal embryonic development. ..