Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: gadd45aa
Description: growth arrest and DNA-damage-inducible, alpha, a
Alias: gadd45al, zgc:65993, zgc:77480, growth arrest and DNA damage-inducible protein GADD45 alpha, gadd45alpha, growth arrest and DNA damage 45 alpha, growth arrest and DNA-damage-inducible, alpha like
- Zheng X, Yang S, Han Y, Zhao X, Zhao L, Tian T, et al. Loss of zygotic NUP107 protein causes missing of pharyngeal skeleton and other tissue defects with impaired nuclear pore function in zebrafish embryos. J Biol Chem. 2012;287:38254-64 pubmed publisher..Our findings shed new light on developmental function of Nup107 in vertebrates. ..
- Passeri M, Cinaroglu A, Gao C, Sadler K. Hepatic steatosis in response to acute alcohol exposure in zebrafish requires sterol regulatory element binding protein activation. Hepatology. 2009;49:443-52 pubmed publisher..Srebp activation is required for steatosis in this model. The tractability of zebrafish genetics provides a valuable tool for dissecting the molecular pathogenesis of acute ALD. ..
- Liu Y, Du L, Osato M, Teo E, Qian F, Jin H, et al. The zebrafish udu gene encodes a novel nuclear factor and is essential for primitive erythroid cell development. Blood. 2007;110:99-106 pubmed..Our study indicates that the Udu protein is very likely to function as a transcription modulator essential for the proliferation and differentiation of erythroid lineage...
- Wu S, Tsai P, Chou M, Wang W. Effects of maternal cadmium exposure on female reproductive functions, gamete quality, and offspring development in zebrafish (Danio rerio). Arch Environ Contam Toxicol. 2013;65:521-36 pubmed publisher..These results showed that maternal Cd(2+) exposure influenced the reproduction ability of females and also caused their embryos to develop with abnormal gene expression. ..
- Dhliwayo N, Sarras M, Luczkowski E, Mason S, Intine R. Parp inhibition prevents ten-eleven translocase enzyme activation and hyperglycemia-induced DNA demethylation. Diabetes. 2014;63:3069-76 pubmed publisher..Remarkably, this inhibition was accompanied by a complete restoration of the tissue regeneration deficit that is also induced by HG. The ultimate goal of this work is to provide potential new avenues for therapeutic discovery. ..
- Shimoda N, Hirose K, Kaneto R, Izawa T, Yokoi H, Hashimoto N, et al. No evidence for AID/MBD4-coupled DNA demethylation in zebrafish embryos. PLoS ONE. 2014;9:e114816 pubmed publisher..Taken together, we concluded that there is currently no evidence to support the proposed roles of AID and MBD4 in active demethylation in zebrafish embryos. ..
- Hu P, Liu M, Zhang D, Wang J, Niu H, Liu Y, et al. Global identification of the genetic networks and cis-regulatory elements of the cold response in zebrafish. Nucleic Acids Res. 2015;43:9198-213 pubmed publisher..Thus, the methodology used and the regulatory networks uncovered in this study provide a foundation for exploring the mechanisms of cold adaptation in teleosts. ..
- Zhao X, Zhang Y, Ni P, Wu Z, Yan Y, Li Y. Protein Arginine Methyltransferase 6 (Prmt6) Is Essential for Early Zebrafish Development through the Direct Suppression of gadd45Î±a Stress Sensor Gene. J Biol Chem. 2016;291:402-12 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these results suggest that maternal Prmt6 is essential to early zebrafish development by directly repressing gadd45Î±a. ..
- Song Y, Shi Y, Carland T, Lian S, Sasaki T, Schork N, et al. p53-Dependent DNA damage response sensitive to editing-defective tRNA synthetase in zebrafish. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2016;113:8460-5 pubmed publisher..We suggest that the sensitivity of p53 to expression of an editing-defective tRNA synthetase has a critical role in promoting genome integrity and organismal homeostasis. ..
- Loponte S, SegrÃ© C, Senese S, Miccolo C, Santaguida S, Deflorian G, et al. Dynamic phosphorylation of Histone Deacetylase 1 by Aurora kinases during mitosis regulates zebrafish embryos development. Sci Rep. 2016;6:30213 pubmed publisher..Our data represent a step towards the comprehension of HDAC1 regulation by its PTM code, with important implications in unravelling its roles both in physiology and pathology. ..