Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: g6pca.1
Description: glucose-6-phosphatase a, catalytic subunit, tandem duplicate 1
Alias: cb822, g6pc, g6pca, zgc:92368, glucose-6-phosphatase a, catalytic subunit, tandem duplicate 1, glucose-6-phosphatase a, catalytic, tandem duplicate 1, glucose-6-phosphatase, catalytic
- Gut P, Baeza Raja B, Andersson O, Hasenkamp L, Hsiao J, Hesselson D, et al. Whole-organism screening for gluconeogenesis identifies activators of fasting metabolism. Nat Chem Biol. 2013;9:97-104 pubmed publisher..Thus, using a whole-organism screening strategy, this study has identified new small-molecule activators of fasting metabolism. ..
- Wang Y, Wang H, Li M, Gao Z, Zhang S. Identification, expression and regulation of amphioxus G6Pase gene with an emphasis on origin of liver. Gen Comp Endocrinol. 2015;214:9-16 pubmed publisher..Collectively, all these provide functional evidences supporting the notion that the digestive diverticulum is the liver homologue playing a key role in maintaining the glucose homeostasis in amphioxus. ..
- Sukardi H, Zhang X, Lui E, Ung C, Mathavan S, Gong Z, et al. Liver X receptor agonist T0901317 induced liver perturbation in zebrafish: histological, gene set enrichment and expression analyses. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2012;1820:33-43 pubmed publisher..Our study underscores the potential of using zebrafish model coupled with transcriptomic analysis to capture pharmacological and toxicological or pathological events induced by LXR modulators. ..
- Rocha F, Dias J, Engrola S, Gavaia P, Geurden I, Dinis M, et al. Glucose metabolism and gene expression in juvenile zebrafish (Danio rerio) challenged with a high carbohydrate diet: effects of an acute glucose stimulus during late embryonic life. Br J Nutr. 2015;113:403-13 pubmed publisher..Globally, our data suggest that glucose stimulus at embryo stage has the potential to alter particular steps of glucose metabolism in zebrafish juveniles. ..
- Rocha F, Dias J, Engrola S, Gavaia P, Geurden I, Dinis M, et al. Glucose overload in yolk has little effect on the long-term modulation of carbohydrate metabolic genes in zebrafish (Danio rerio). J Exp Biol. 2014;217:1139-49 pubmed publisher..Overall, supplementation of egg yolk with high glucose levels had little effect on the long-term modulation of carbohydrate metabolic genes in zebrafish. ..
- Seiliez I, Médale F, Aguirre P, Larquier M, Lanneretonne L, Alami Durante H, et al. Postprandial regulation of growth- and metabolism-related factors in zebrafish. Zebrafish. 2013;10:237-48 pubmed publisher..Together, these results highlight some specificity of the zebrafish metabolism and demonstrate the interest and the limits of this species as a model organism for nutritional physiology studies. ..