Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: fshr
Description: follicle stimulating hormone receptor
Alias: GTHR-I, zfGTHR-I, follicle-stimulating hormone receptor, gonadotropic hormone I
- Liu C, Yu L, Deng J, Lam P, Wu R, Zhou B. Waterborne exposure to fluorotelomer alcohol 6:2 FTOH alters plasma sex hormone and gene transcription in the hypothalamic-pituitary-gonadal (HPG) axis of zebrafish. Aquat Toxicol. 2009;93:131-7 pubmed publisher..The results suggested that FTOHs may disturb fish reproduction through endocrine disrupted activity. ..
- So W, Kwok H, Ge W. Zebrafish gonadotropins and their receptors: II. Cloning and characterization of zebrafish follicle-stimulating hormone and luteinizing hormone subunits--their spatial-temporal expression patterns and receptor specificity. Biol Reprod. 2005;72:1382-96 pubmed..zfLH) were produced in the Chinese hamster ovary (CHO) cells and their effects on the cognate receptors (zebrafish Fshr and Lhr) tested...
- Chen W, Lau S, Fan Y, Wu R, Ge W. Juvenile exposure to bisphenol A promotes ovarian differentiation but suppresses its growth - Potential involvement of pituitary follicle-stimulating hormone. Aquat Toxicol. 2017;193:111-121 pubmed publisher..Our data in the zebrafish suggest that sex differentiation involves estrogens and it is a sensitive window for evaluating estrogenic activities of compounds and their impacts on wildlife reproduction...
- Hou J, Li L, Wu N, Su Y, Lin W, Li G, et al. Reproduction impairment and endocrine disruption in female zebrafish after long-term exposure to MC-LR: A life cycle assessment. Environ Pollut. 2016;208:477-85 pubmed publisher..Significantly up-regulated transcription of brain FSHÎ² and LHÎ² along with ovarian ERÎ±, FSHR and LHR suggested positive feedback regulation in the HPGL-axis was induced as a compensatory mechanism for MC-LR ..
- Zhang Z, Lau S, Zhang L, Ge W. Disruption of Zebrafish Follicle-Stimulating Hormone Receptor (fshr) But Not Luteinizing Hormone Receptor (lhcgr) Gene by TALEN Leads to Failed Follicle Activation in Females Followed by Sexual Reversal to Males. Endocrinology. 2015;156:3747-62 pubmed publisher..Using the same approach, we successfully deleted FSH and LH receptor genes (fshr and lhcgr) in the present study...
- Kohli G, Clelland E, Peng C. Potential targets of transforming growth factor-beta1 during inhibition of oocyte maturation in zebrafish. Reprod Biol Endocrinol. 2005;3:53 pubmed..specific for 20beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase (20beta-HSD) which is involved in DHP production, follicle stimulating hormone receptor (FSHR), luteinizing hormone receptor (LHR), the two forms of membrane progestin receptor: mPR-..
- Yin P, Li Y, Chen Q, Liu Z. Diethylstilbestrol, flutamide and their combination impaired the spermatogenesis of male adult zebrafish through disrupting HPG axis, meiosis and apoptosis. Aquat Toxicol. 2017;185:129-137 pubmed publisher..The present study greatly extends our understanding on the mechanisms underlying of reproductive toxicity of environment estrogens and anti-androgens in fish. ..
- Liu K, Ge W. Differential regulation of gonadotropin receptors (fshr and lhcgr) by epidermal growth factor (EGF) in the zebrafish ovary. Gen Comp Endocrinol. 2013;181:288-94 pubmed publisher..The present study aimed to explore the possible role of Egf in regulating gonadotropin receptors (fshr and lhcgr) in cultured zebrafish follicle cells...
- Yumnamcha T, Khan Z, Rajiv C, Devi S, Mondal G, Sanjita Devi H, et al. Interaction of melatonin and gonadotropin-inhibitory hormone on the zebrafish brain-pituitary-reproductive axis. Mol Reprod Dev. 2017;84:389-400 pubmed publisher..At the gonad level, expression of fshr, lhcgr, mtnr1aa, and mtnr1ab tracked with the expression of their respective ligand in DD and LL...
- Ji K, Liu X, Lee S, Kang S, Kho Y, Giesy J, et al. Effects of non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs on hormones and genes of the hypothalamic-pituitary-gonad axis, and reproduction of zebrafish. J Hazard Mater. 2013;254-255:242-51 pubmed publisher..Significant up-regulation of fsh?, lh?, fshr and lhr were observed in females, whereas down-regulation was observed in males exposed to each NSAID...
- García López A, De Jonge H, Nóbrega R, de Waal P, van Dijk W, Hemrika W, et al. Studies in zebrafish reveal unusual cellular expression patterns of gonadotropin receptor messenger ribonucleic acids in the testis and unexpected functional differentiation of the gonadotropins. Endocrinology. 2010;151:2349-60 pubmed publisher..species, that zebrafish Leydig cells as well as Sertoli cells express the mRNAs for both gonadotropin receptors (fshr and lhcgr)...
- Liu W, Chen C, Chen L, Wang L, Li J, Chen Y, et al. Sex-dependent effects of microcystin-LR on hypothalamic-pituitary-gonad axis and gametogenesis of adult zebrafish. Sci Rep. 2016;6:22819 pubmed publisher..cyp19a) were positively correlated with the number of post-vitellogenic oocytes, while PC1 (gnrh2, lhÎ², erÎ², fshr, cyp11a and 17Î²hsd) were positively correlated with the number of spermatozoa...
- Cao F, Zhu L, Li H, Yu S, Wang C, Qiu L. Reproductive toxicity of azoxystrobin to adult zebrafish (Danio rerio). Environ Pollut. 2016;219:1109-1121 pubmed publisher..Meanwhile, expression alterations of genes encoding gonadotropins and gonadotropin receptors (fshb, lhb, fshr and lhr), steroid hormone receptors (era, er2b and ar), steroidogenic enzymes (cyp11a, cyp11b, cyp17, cyp19a, ..
- Ji K, Hong S, Kho Y, Choi K. Effects of bisphenol s exposure on endocrine functions and reproduction of zebrafish. Environ Sci Technol. 2013;47:8793-800 pubmed publisher..Our observations showed that exposure to low level BPS could affect the feedback regulatory circuits of HPG axis and impair the development of offspring. ..
- Santangeli S, Maradonna F, Zanardini M, Notarstefano V, Gioacchini G, Forner Piquer I, et al. Effects of diisononyl phthalate on Danio rerio reproduction. Environ Pollut. 2017;231:1051-1062 pubmed publisher..The findings provide evidence that exposure to DiNP adversely affect oocytes growth and maturation, leading to abnormal gonadal development and reproduction in zebrafish. ..
- Li C, Zhou R, Ge W. Differential regulation of gonadotropin receptors by bone morphogenetic proteins in the zebrafish ovary. Gen Comp Endocrinol. 2012;176:420-5 pubmed publisherFollicle-stimulating hormone receptor (fshr) and luteinizing hormone/choriogonadotropin receptor (lhcgr) exhibit differential temporal expression patterns during zebrafish folliculogenesis with fshr being dominant during vitellogenic ..
- Laan M, Richmond H, He C, Campbell R. Zebrafish as a model for vertebrate reproduction: characterization of the first functional zebrafish (Danio rerio) gonadotropin receptor. Gen Comp Endocrinol. 2002;125:349-64 pubmed..Follicle-stimulating hormone (FSH) in tetrapods and gonadotropic hormone I (GTH-I) in fishes are orthologous glycoprotein hormones that control the timing of egg production and the ..
- Dang Y, Wang J, Giesy J, Liu C. Responses of the zebrafish hypothalamic-pituitary-gonadal-liver axis PCR array to prochloraz are dependent on timing of sampling. Aquat Toxicol. 2016;175:154-9 pubmed publisher..Correlations among parameters in samples collected at the two times indicated the effects might be due to different concentrations of E2 in plasma due to exposure to PCZ. ..
- Lister A, Regan C, Van Zwol J, Van der Kraak G. Inhibition of egg production in zebrafish by fluoxetine and municipal effluents: a mechanistic evaluation. Aquat Toxicol. 2009;95:320-9 pubmed publisher..Quantitative real-time PCR analysis determined that ovarian aromatase, follicle stimulating hormone receptor (FSHr), and luteinizing hormone receptor (LHr) gene expression were significantly reduced by FLU ..
- Yu M, Zhang X, Guo L, Tian H, Wang W, Ru S. Anti-estrogenic effect of semicarbazide in female zebrafish (Danio rerio) and its potential mechanisms. Aquat Toxicol. 2016;170:262-270 pubmed publisher..These effects were observed at environmentally relevant concentrations and highlight the importance of controlling SMC contamination. ..
- Yang Q, Yang X, Liu J, Ren W, Chen Y, Shen S. Effects of BPF on steroid hormone homeostasis and gene expression in the hypothalamic-pituitary-gonadal axis of zebrafish. Environ Sci Pollut Res Int. 2017;24:21311-21322 pubmed publisher..These alterations suggest that BPF leads to adverse effects on the endocrine system of teleost fish, and that these effects were more prominent in males than in females. ..
- Zhang W, Sheng N, Wang M, Zhang H, Dai J. Zebrafish reproductive toxicity induced by chronic perfluorononanoate exposure. Aquat Toxicol. 2016;175:269-76 pubmed publisher..The disrupted expression of genes, such as ER?, ER?, FSHR, LHR, StAR, and 17?HSD, indicated the possible interference of PFNA on the HPGL axis function and sex hormone ..
- Liu C, Deng J, Yu L, Ramesh M, Zhou B. Endocrine disruption and reproductive impairment in zebrafish by exposure to 8:2 fluorotelomer alcohol. Aquat Toxicol. 2010;96:70-6 pubmed publisher..The results demonstrated that waterborne exposure to 8:2 FTOH caused disruption of sex hormone biosynthesis and impaired reproduction in adult zebrafish, ultimately resulting in decreased hatching rates in the offspring. ..
- Chu L, Li J, Liu Y, Cheng C. Gonadotropin Signaling in Zebrafish Ovary and Testis Development: Insights From Gene Knockout Study. Mol Endocrinol. 2015;29:1743-58 pubmed publisher..Here, we have further established the fshb and fshr knockout zebrafish lines. In females, fshb mutant is subfertile, whereas fshr mutant is infertile...
- Santangeli S, Maradonna F, Gioacchini G, Cobellis G, Piccinetti C, Dalla Valle L, et al. BPA-Induced Deregulation Of Epigenetic Patterns: Effects On Female Zebrafish Reproduction. Sci Rep. 2016;6:21982 pubmed publisher..These data indicate that the negative effects of BPA on the female reproductive system may be due to its upstream ability to deregulate epigenetic mechanism. ..
- Maugars G, Dufour S. Demonstration of the Coexistence of Duplicated LH Receptors in Teleosts, and Their Origin in Ancestral Actinopterygians. PLoS ONE. 2015;10:e0135184 pubmed publisher..gonadotropins, FSH and LH, control gonad activity in vertebrates, via binding to their respective receptors, FSHR and LHR, members of GPCR superfamily...
- Wong A, Van Eenennaam A. Gonadotropin hormone and receptor sequences from model teleost species. Zebrafish. 2004;1:203-21 pubmed publisher..Teleost gonadotropin receptor sequences clearly diverged into two distinct groups, FSHR and LHR...
- Jo A, Ji K, Choi K. Endocrine disruption effects of long-term exposure to perfluorodecanoic acid (PFDA) and perfluorotridecanoic acid (PFTrDA) in zebrafish (Danio rerio) and related mechanisms. Chemosphere. 2014;108:360-6 pubmed publisher..Consequences of endocrine disruptions in reproduction performances of the fish warrant further investigation. ..
- Han X, Lei E, Lam M, Wu R. A whole life cycle assessment on effects of waterborne PBDEs on gene expression profile along the brain-pituitary-gonad axis and in the liver of zebrafish. Mar Pollut Bull. 2011;63:160-5 pubmed publisher..The observed disruption of GnRH and GtHs can be further related to the subsequent disruption in both levels and balance sex steroid hormones. ..
- Tang H, Chen Y, Liu Y, Yin Y, Li G, Guo Y, et al. New Insights Into the Role of Estrogens in Male Fertility Based on Findings in Aromatase-Deficient Zebrafish. Endocrinology. 2017;158:3042-3054 pubmed publisher..Collectively, our findings indicate that estrogens are not needed to achieve and maintain normal fertility in male zebrafish. This finding challenges the traditional view that estrogens are indispensable for male fertility. ..
- Tse A, Ge W. Spatial localization of EGF family ligands and receptors in the zebrafish ovarian follicle and their expression profiles during folliculogenesis. Gen Comp Endocrinol. 2010;167:397-407 pubmed publisher..The functional relationship between these two signaling systems in the follicle is suggested by the observation that all four EGFR ligands examined significantly stimulated activin subunit expression in cultured follicle cells. ..
- Xie Y, Chu L, Liu Y, Sham K, Li J, Cheng C. The highly overlapping actions of Lh signaling and Fsh signaling on zebrafish spermatogenesis. J Endocrinol. 2017;234:233-246 pubmed publisher..signaling on spermatogenesis by analyzing four single mutant lines (lhb, lhr, fshb and fshr) and three double mutant lines (lhb;fshb, lhr;fshr and fshb;lhr)...
- Kwok H, So W, Wang Y, Ge W. Zebrafish gonadotropins and their receptors: I. Cloning and characterization of zebrafish follicle-stimulating hormone and luteinizing hormone receptors--evidence for their distinct functions in follicle development. Biol Reprod. 2005;72:1370-81 pubmedIn the present study, we cloned and characterized zebrafish FSH receptor (Fshr) and LH receptor (Lhr)...
- Shi J, Jiao Z, Zheng S, Li M, Zhang J, Feng Y, et al. Long-term effects of bisphenol AF (BPAF) on hormonal balance and genes of hypothalamus-pituitary-gonad axis and liver of zebrafish (Danio rerio), and the impact on offspring. Chemosphere. 2015;128:252-7 pubmed publisher..A potential consequence of adverse effects in the offspring by BPAF deserves further investigation. ..
- Heiden T, Struble C, Rise M, Hessner M, Hutz R, Carvan M. Molecular targets of 2,3,7,8-tetrachlorodibenzo-p-dioxin (TCDD) within the zebrafish ovary: insights into TCDD-induced endocrine disruption and reproductive toxicity. Reprod Toxicol. 2008;25:47-57 pubmed..Data presented here provide further insight into the mechanisms by which TCDD disrupts follicular development and reproduction in fish, and can be used to formulate new hypotheses regarding previously documented ovarian toxicity. ..
- Villeneuve L, Wang R, Bencic D, Biales A, Martinovic D, Lazorchak J, et al. Altered gene expression in the brain and ovaries of zebrafish (Danio rerio) exposed to the aromatase inhibitor fadrozole: microarray analysis and hypothesis generation. Environ Toxicol Chem. 2009;28:1767-82 pubmed publisher..These hypotheses and others derived from the microarray results provide a foundation for future studies aimed at understanding responses of the HPG axis to EACs and other chemical stressors. ..
- Qi X, Salem M, Zhou W, Sato Shimizu M, Ye G, Smitz J, et al. Neurokinin B Exerts Direct Effects on the Ovary to Stimulate Estradiol Production. Endocrinology. 2016;157:3355-65 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our findings establish a direct action of NKB to induce ovarian estrogen production and raise the possibility that defective signaling of this pathway may contribute to the development of PCOS. ..
- Zhang Q, Li Y, Liu Z, Chen Q. Reproductive toxicity of inorganic mercury exposure in adult zebrafish: Histological damage, oxidative stress, and alterations of sex hormone and gene expression in the hypothalamic-pituitary-gonadal axis. Aquat Toxicol. 2016;177:417-24 pubmed publisher..after Hg exposure, accompanied by down-regulated expression of gnrh2, gnrh3, fsh? and lh? in the brain as well as fshr, lhr, ar, cyp17 and cyp11b in the testis...