Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: foxn1
Description: forkhead box N1
Alias: nude, whnb, forkhead box protein N1
- He Q, Zhang C, Wang L, Zhang P, Ma D, Lv J, et al. Inflammatory signaling regulates hematopoietic stem and progenitor cell emergence in vertebrates. Blood. 2015;125:1098-106 pubmed publisher..Our findings establish a previously unrecognized link between inflammatory signaling and HSPC emergence, and provide new insights into regenerative medicine and novel therapies to treat innate immune-related diseases. ..
- Wilkinson R, Pouget C, Gering M, Russell A, Davies S, Kimelman D, et al. Hedgehog and Bmp polarize hematopoietic stem cell emergence in the zebrafish dorsal aorta. Dev Cell. 2009;16:909-16 pubmed publisher..These findings are important for the study of the production of HSCs from embryonic stem cells and establish a paradigm for the development of adult stem cells. ..
- Pillay L, Mackowetzky K, Widen S, Waskiewicz A. Somite-Derived Retinoic Acid Regulates Zebrafish Hematopoietic Stem Cell Formation. PLoS ONE. 2016;11:e0166040 pubmed publisher..Our analyses demonstrate that somite-derived RA functions to regulate components of the Notch and Cxcl12 chemokine signaling pathways during HSC formation. ..
- Pietsch J, Delalande J, Jakaitis B, Stensby J, Dohle S, Talbot W, et al. lessen encodes a zebrafish trap100 required for enteric nervous system development. Development. 2006;133:395-406 pubmed..These studies demonstrate that lsn/trap100 is not required for initial steps of cranial neural crest development and migration, but is essential for later proliferation of ENS precursors in the intestine. ..
- Seiler C, Gebhart N, Zhang Y, Shinton S, Li Y, Ross N, et al. Mutagenesis Screen Identifies agtpbp1 and eps15L1 as Essential for T lymphocyte Development in Zebrafish. PLoS ONE. 2015;10:e0131908 pubmed publisher..Morpholino-mediated knockdown of these genes mimicked the T cell defects in the corresponding mutant embryos, demonstrating the previously unrecognized, essential roles of agtpbp1 and eps15L1 in T cell development. ..
- Schorpp M, Leicht M, Nold E, Hammerschmidt M, Haas Assenbaum A, Wiest W, et al. A zebrafish orthologue (whnb) of the mouse nude gene is expressed in the epithelial compartment of the embryonic thymic rudiment. Mech Dev. 2002;118:179-85 pubmedThe cloning and characterization of the zebrafish orthologue of the mouse nude (Whn/Foxn1) gene, whnb are reported...
- Lewis R, Noor S, Fraser F, Sertori R, Liongue C, Ward A. Regulation of embryonic hematopoiesis by a cytokine-inducible SH2 domain homolog in zebrafish. J Immunol. 2014;192:5739-48 pubmed publisher..This occurred concomitantly with increased activation of STAT5. This study indicates that CISH functions as a conserved in vivo target and regulator of STAT5 in the control of embryonic hematopoiesis. ..
- Bielczyk MaczyÅ„ska E, Lam Hung L, Ferreira L, Fleischmann T, Weis F, FernÃ¡ndez Pevida A, et al. The Ribosome Biogenesis Protein Nol9 Is Essential for Definitive Hematopoiesis and Pancreas Morphogenesis in Zebrafish. PLoS Genet. 2015;11:e1005677 pubmed publisher..The use of this genetically tractable model will enhance our understanding of the tissue-specific mechanisms following impaired ribosome biogenesis in the context of an intact vertebrate. ..
- Manning A, Crawford B, Waskiewicz A, Pilgrim D. unc-119 homolog required for normal development of the zebrafish nervous system. Genesis. 2004;40:223-30 pubmed..These findings suggest that UNC-119 proteins may play an important role in the development and/or function of the vertebrate nervous system. ..
- Lu X, Li X, He Q, Gao J, Gao Y, Liu B, et al. miR-142-3p regulates the formation and differentiation of hematopoietic stem cells in vertebrates. Cell Res. 2013;23:1356-68 pubmed publisher..Together, these findings unveil the pivotal roles that miR-142a-3p plays in the formation and differentiation of HSCs by repressing irf7 signaling...
- Ma D, Wang L, Wang S, Gao Y, Wei Y, Liu F. Foxn1 maintains thymic epithelial cells to support T-cell development via mcm2 in zebrafish. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2012;109:21040-5 pubmed publisher..b>Foxn1, a member of the forkhead transcription factor family, is required for establishing a functional thymic rudiment...
- Keightley M, Layton J, Hayman J, Heath J, Lieschke G. Mediator subunit 12 is required for neutrophil development in zebrafish. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e23845 pubmed publisher..Syr shows defects in hematopoiesis, which predominantly affect the myeloid lineage. Syr has identified a hematopoietic cell-specific requirement for Med12, suggesting a new role for this transcriptional regulator. ..
- Swann J, Weyn A, Nagakubo D, Bleul C, Toyoda A, Happe C, et al. Conversion of the thymus into a bipotent lymphoid organ by replacement of FOXN1 with its paralog, FOXN4. Cell Rep. 2014;8:1184-97 pubmed publisher..A hypothetical primordial form of the thymus was established in mice by replacing FOXN1, the vertebrate-specific master regulator of thymic epithelial cell function, with its metazoan ancestor, FOXN4, ..
- Hirabayashi R, Hozumi S, Higashijima S, Kikuchi Y. Ddx46 is required for multi-lineage differentiation of hematopoietic stem cells in zebrafish. Stem Cells Dev. 2013;22:2532-42 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our results provide the first genetic evidence that zebrafish Ddx46 is required for the multilineage differentiation of HSCs during development, through the regulation of specific gene expressions. ..
- Wittamer V, Bertrand J, Gutschow P, Traver D. Characterization of the mononuclear phagocyte system in zebrafish. Blood. 2011;117:7126-35 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that mhc2dab:GFP and cd45:DsRed transgenic lines will be instrumental in elucidating the immune response in the zebrafish. ..
- Bajoghli B, Aghaallaei N, Hess I, Rode I, Netuschil N, Tay B, et al. Evolution of genetic networks underlying the emergence of thymopoiesis in vertebrates. Cell. 2009;138:186-97 pubmed publisher..Our results provide a framework elucidating the evolution of key features of the adaptive immune system in jawed vertebrates...
- Keightley M, Carradice D, Layton J, Pase L, Bertrand J, Wittig J, et al. The Pu.1 target gene Zbtb11 regulates neutrophil development through its integrase-like HHCC zinc finger. Nat Commun. 2017;8:14911 pubmed publisher..We demonstrate that the PU.1-ZBTB11-TP53 pathway is conserved from fish to mammals. Finally, Zbtb11 mutant rescue experiments point to a ZBTB11-regulated TP53 requirement in development of other organs. ..
- Trede N, Ota T, Kawasaki H, Paw B, Katz T, Demarest B, et al. Zebrafish mutants with disrupted early T-cell and thymus development identified in early pressure screen. Dev Dyn. 2008;237:2575-84 pubmed publisher..We discuss the advantage of this strategy and the general usefulness of the zebrafish as a model system for vertebrate lymphopoiesis and thymic organogenesis. ..
- Lawir D, Iwanami N, Schorpp M, Boehm T. A missense mutation in zbtb17 blocks the earliest steps of T cell differentiation in zebrafish. Sci Rep. 2017;7:44145 pubmed publisher..Our results reveal the zbtb17-socs1 axis as an evolutionarily conserved central regulatory module of early T cell development of vertebrates. ..