Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: foxj1a
Description: forkhead box J1a
Alias: foxj1, id:ibd5134, zgc:153050, forkhead box protein J1-A, forkhead box transcription factor J1
- Caron A, Xu X, Lin X. Wnt/?-catenin signaling directly regulates Foxj1 expression and ciliogenesis in zebrafish Kupffer's vesicle. Development. 2012;139:514-24 pubmed publisher..Here, we report that Wnt/?-catenin signaling directly regulates ciliogenic transcription factor foxj1a expression and ciliogenesis in zebrafish Kupffer's vesicle (KV)...
- Tavares B, Jacinto R, Sampaio P, Pestana S, Pinto A, Vaz A, et al. Notch/Her12 signalling modulates, motile/immotile cilia ratio downstream of Foxj1a in zebrafish left-right organizer. elife. 2017;6: pubmed publisherb>Foxj1a is necessary and sufficient to specify motile cilia...
- Jurisch Yaksi N, Rose A, Lu H, Raemaekers T, Munck S, Baatsen P, et al. Rer1p maintains ciliary length and signaling by regulating ?-secretase activity and Foxj1a levels. J Cell Biol. 2013;200:709-20 pubmed publisher..We further demonstrate that Rer1p depletion reduced ciliary length and function by increasing ?-secretase complex assembly and activity and, consequently, enhancing Notch signaling as well as reducing Foxj1a expression.
- Liu D, Hsu C, Tsai S, Hsiao C, Wang W. A variant of fibroblast growth factor receptor 2 (Fgfr2) regulates left-right asymmetry in zebrafish. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e21793 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, KV cilia were shorter in fgfr2c morphants. We conclude that the fgfr2c isoform plays an important role in the left-right asymmetry during zebrafish development. ..
- Serifi I, Tzima E, Soupsana K, Karetsou Z, Beis D, Papamarcaki T. The zebrafish homologs of SET/I2PP2A oncoprotein: expression patterns and insights into their physiological roles during development. Biochem J. 2016;473:4609-4627 pubmed..Collectively, our results suggest that seta and setb are required during embryogenesis and play roles in the zebrafish sensory system development. ..
- Zhou F, Narasimhan V, Shboul M, Chong Y, Reversade B, Roy S. Gmnc Is a Master Regulator of the Multiciliated Cell Differentiation Program. Curr Biol. 2015;25:3267-73 pubmed..protein Multicilin, which transcriptionally activates genes for basal body production and the gene for FoxJ1, the master regulator for basal body docking, cilia formation, and motility [7, 8]...
- He L, Xu W, Jing Y, Wu M, Song S, Cao Y, et al. Yes-associated protein (Yap) is necessary for ciliogenesis and morphogenesis during pronephros development in zebrafish (Danio Rerio). Int J Biol Sci. 2015;11:935-47 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our data reveals that Yap is required for pronephric duct integrity, maintenance of baso-lateral cell polarity, and ciliogenesis during zebrafish kidney development. ..
- Zou J, Li W, Li Q, Li X, Zhang J, Liu G, et al. Two functional microRNA-126s repress a novel target gene p21-activated kinase 1 to regulate vascular integrity in zebrafish. Circ Res. 2011;108:201-9 pubmed publisher..Two functional endothelial cell-specific miRNAs, miR-126a and miR-126b, synergistically regulate zebrafish vascular integrity, and pak1 is a critical target of miR-126a/b in vascular development. ..
- Verleyen D, Luyten F, Tylzanowski P. Orphan G-protein coupled receptor 22 (Gpr22) regulates cilia length and structure in the zebrafish Kupffer's vesicle. PLoS ONE. 2014;9:e110484 pubmed publisher..Further, we found that Gpr22 does not act upstream of the two cilia master regulators, Foxj1a and Rfx2. To conclude, our study characterized a novel player in the field of ciliogenesis.
- Ribeiro A, Monteiro J, Certal A, Cristovão A, Saude L. Foxj1a is expressed in ependymal precursors, controls central canal position and is activated in new ependymal cells during regeneration in zebrafish. Open Biol. 2017;7: pubmed publisher..Here, we show that cells surrounding the ependymal canal in the adult zebrafish spinal cord express Foxj1a. We demonstrate that ependymal cells express Foxj1a from their birth in the embryonic neural tube and that Foxj1a ..
- Hu H, Xin N, Liu J, Liu M, Wang Z, Wang W, et al. Characterization of F-spondin in Japanese flounder (Paralichthys olivaceus) and its role in the nervous system development of teleosts. Gene. 2016;575:623-31 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, the expression of genes related to nervous system development (spon1b, foxo3b, and foxj1a) was significantly increased after the injection of PoF-spondin into the embryos of wild-type zebrafish...
- Neugebauer J, Cadwallader A, Amack J, Bisgrove B, Yost H. Differential roles for 3-OSTs in the regulation of cilia length and motility. Development. 2013;140:3892-902 pubmed publisher..functions in the fibroblast growth factor pathway to control cilia length via the ciliogenic transcription factors FoxJ1a and Rfx2...
- Li M, Hu X, Zhu J, Zhu C, Zhu S, Liu X, et al. Overexpression of miR-19b impairs cardiac development in zebrafish by targeting ctnnb1. Cell Physiol Biochem. 2014;33:1988-2002 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggest that miR-19b regulates laterality development and heart looping in zebrafish embryos by targeting ctnnb1. ..
- Dutta S, Sriskanda S, Boobalan E, Alur R, Elkahloun A, Brooks B. nlz1 is required for cilia formation in zebrafish embryogenesis. Dev Biol. 2015;406:203-11 pubmed publisher..In vitro and in vivo data indicate that Nlz1 acts downstream of Foxj1a and Wnt8a/presumed canonical Wnt signaling...
- Zhu P, Xu X, Lin X. Both ciliary and non-ciliary functions of Foxj1a confer Wnt/Î²-catenin signaling in zebrafish left-right patterning. Biol Open. 2015;4:1376-86 pubmed publisher..by our recent discovery that Wnt signaling regulates ciliogenesis in the zebrafish Kupffer's vesicle (KV) via Foxj1a, a ciliogenic transcription factor, we decided to elucidate functions of Foxj1a in Wnt-regulated LR pattern ..
- Wang L, Liu Z, Lin H, Ma D, Tao Q, Liu F. Epigenetic regulation of left-right asymmetry by DNA methylation. EMBO J. 2017;36:2987-2997 pubmed publisher..1 regulates collective DFC migration through cadherin 1 (Cdh1). Taken together, our data uncover dynamic DNA methylation as an epigenetic mechanism to control LR determination during early embryogenesis in vertebrates. ..
- Jin D, Ni T, Sun J, Wan H, Amack J, Yu G, et al. Prostaglandin signalling regulates ciliogenesis by modulating intraflagellar transport. Nat Cell Biol. 2014;16:841-51 pubmed publisher..These findings lead us to propose that Lkt/ABCC4-mediated PGE2 signalling acts through a ciliary G-protein-coupled receptor, EP4, to upregulate cAMP synthesis and increase anterograde IFT, thereby promoting ciliogenesis. ..
- Lu H, Toh M, Narasimhan V, Thamilselvam S, Choksi S, Roy S. A function for the Joubert syndrome protein Arl13b in ciliary membrane extension and ciliary length regulation. Dev Biol. 2015;397:225-36 pubmed publisher..arl13b is induced by FoxJ1 and Rfx, and these ciliogenic transcription factors are unable to promote ciliary length increase when Arl13b ..
- Vij S, Rink J, Ho H, Babu D, Eitel M, Narasimhan V, et al. Evolutionarily ancient association of the FoxJ1 transcription factor with the motile ciliogenic program. PLoS Genet. 2012;8:e1003019 pubmed publisher..In the vertebrates, the winged-helix transcription factor FoxJ1 functions as the master regulator of motile cilia biogenesis...
- Reiten I, Uslu F, Foré S, Pelgrims R, Ringers C, Diaz Verdugo C, et al. Motile-Cilia-Mediated Flow Improves Sensitivity and Temporal Resolution of Olfactory Computations. Curr Biol. 2017;27:166-174 pubmed publisher..Altogether, our work unravels a central function of ciliary beating for generating flow fields that increase the sensitivity and the temporal resolution of olfactory computations in the vertebrate brain. ..
- Aamar E, Dawid I. Sox17 and chordin are required for formation of Kupffer's vesicle and left-right asymmetry determination in zebrafish. Dev Dyn. 2010;239:2980-8 pubmed publisher..These defects correlated with the formation of small KVs with apparently diminished cilia, consistent with the known requirement for ciliary function in the laterality organ for the establishment of L-R asymmetry. ..
- Znosko W, Yu S, Thomas K, Molina G, Li C, Tsang W, et al. Overlapping functions of Pea3 ETS transcription factors in FGF signaling during zebrafish development. Dev Biol. 2010;342:11-25 pubmed publisher..We further demonstrated the interaction of Pea3 ETS factors with the Dusp6 promoter both in vitro and in vivo. These results revealed the requirement of ETS factors in transducing FGF signals in developmental processes. ..
- Sedykh I, Teslaa J, Tatarsky R, Keller A, Toops K, Lakkaraju A, et al. Novel roles for the radial spoke head protein 9 in neural and neurosensory cilia. Sci Rep. 2016;6:34437 pubmed publisher..These data identify novel roles for Rsph9 in 9?+?0 motile cilia and in sensory kinocilia, and establish a useful zebrafish PCD model. ..
- Frisca F, Colquhoun D, Goldshmit Y, Ankö M, Pebay A, Kaslin J. Role of ectonucleotide pyrophosphatase/phosphodiesterase 2 in the midline axis formation of zebrafish. Sci Rep. 2016;6:37678 pubmed publisher..Overall, this study demonstrates an essential role of enpp2/LPA signalling during early embryogenesis. ..
- Tian T, Zhao L, Zhao X, Zhang M, Meng A. A zebrafish gene trap line expresses GFP recapturing expression pattern of foxj1b. J Genet Genomics. 2009;36:581-9 pubmed publisher..The zebrafish or Xenopus genome expresses two Foxj1 genes, foxj1a/FoxJ1 and foxj1b/FoxJ1.2...