Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: foxg1a
Description: forkhead box G1a
Alias: BF-1, bf1, foxg1, zgc:109850, forkhead box protein G1, brain factor 1, forkhead box G1
- Danesin C, Peres J, Johansson M, Snowden V, Cording A, Papalopulu N, et al. Integration of telencephalic Wnt and hedgehog signaling center activities by Foxg1. Dev Cell. 2009;16:576-87 pubmed publisher..We demonstrate that the transcription factor Foxg1 coordinates the activity of two signaling centers: Foxg1 is a key downstream effector of the Shh pathway during ..
- Garaffo G, Conte D, Provero P, Tomaiuolo D, Luo Z, Pinciroli P, et al. The Dlx5 and Foxg1 transcription factors, linked via miRNA-9 and -200, are required for the development of the olfactory and GnRH system. Mol Cell Neurosci. 2015;68:103-19 pubmed publisher..e. a phenotype known as Kallmann syndrome in humans. miR-9 and miR-200-class negatively control Foxg1 mRNA, a fork-head transcription factor essential for development of the olfactory epithelium and of the forebrain, ..
- Yoshizawa A, Nakahara Y, Izawa T, Ishitani T, Tsutsumi M, Kuroiwa A, et al. Zebrafish Dmrta2 regulates neurogenesis in the telencephalon. Genes Cells. 2011;16:1097-109 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, the expression domains of the telencephalic marker genes, foxg1 and emx3, and the neuronal differentiation gene, neurod, are downregulated in the ha2 posterior-dorsal ..
- Erickson T, French C, Waskiewicz A. Meis1 specifies positional information in the retina and tectum to organize the zebrafish visual system. Neural Dev. 2010;5:22 pubmed publisher..By patterning both the retina and tectum, Meis1 plays an important role in establishing the retinotectal map and organizing the visual system. ..
- Ye M, Berry Wynne K, Asai Coakwell M, Sundaresan P, Footz T, French C, et al. Mutation of the bone morphogenetic protein GDF3 causes ocular and skeletal anomalies. Hum Mol Genet. 2010;19:287-98 pubmed publisher..By demonstrating the pleiotropic effects of GDF3 mutation, these results extend the contribution of perturbed BMP signaling to human disease and potentially implicate multi-allelic inheritance of BMP variants in developmental disorders. ..
- Affaticati P, Yamamoto K, Rizzi B, Bureau C, PeyriÃ©ras N, Pasqualini C, et al. Identification of the optic recess region as a morphogenetic entity in the zebrafish forebrain. Sci Rep. 2015;5:8738 pubmed publisher..The ORR in teleosts could correspond to "telencephalic stalk area" and "alar hypothalamus" in tetrapods, resolving current inconsistencies in the comparison of basal forebrain among vertebrates. ..
- HernÃ¡ndez Bejarano M, Gestri G, Spawls L, Nieto LÃ³pez F, Picker A, Tada M, et al. Opposing Shh and Fgf signals initiate nasotemporal patterning of the zebrafish retina. Development. 2015;142:3933-42 pubmed publisherThe earliest known determinants of retinal nasotemporal identity are the transcriptional regulators Foxg1, which is expressed in the prospective nasal optic vesicle, and Foxd1, which is expressed in the prospective temporal optic vesicle...
- Boisset G, Schorderet D. Zebrafish hmx1 promotes retinogenesis. Exp Eye Res. 2012;105:34-42 pubmed publisher..However, the key patterning genes tested so far were not regulated by hmx1. Altogether, these results suggest an important role for hmx1 in retinogenesis. ..
- Zhao X, Suh C, Prat C, Ellingsen S, Fjose A. Distinct expression of two foxg1 paralogues in zebrafish. Gene Expr Patterns. 2009;9:266-72 pubmed publisher..One member of this superfamily, Foxg1, has essential roles in the development of eyes, telencephalon, ears and olfactory system...
- Yaklichkin S, Vekker A, Stayrook S, Lewis M, Kessler D. Prevalence of the EH1 Groucho interaction motif in the metazoan Fox family of transcriptional regulators. BMC Genomics. 2007;8:201 pubmed
- Holly V, Widen S, Famulski J, Waskiewicz A. Sfrp1a and Sfrp5 function as positive regulators of Wnt and BMP signaling during early retinal development. Dev Biol. 2014;388:192-204 pubmed publisher..Overexpression of a low dose of sfrp5 mRNA causes an increase in dorsal retina marker gene expression. We propose a model in which Sfrp proteins function as facilitators of both BMP and Wnt signaling within the dorsal retina. ..
- Fontaine R, Affaticati P, Bureau C, Colin I, Demarque M, Dufour S, et al. Dopaminergic Neurons Controlling Anterior Pituitary Functions: Anatomy and Ontogenesis in Zebrafish. Endocrinology. 2015;156:2934-48 pubmed publisher..Finally, expression profiles of several genes (foxg1a, dlx2a, and nr4a2a/b) were different in the POHDA compared with the adjacent suprachiasmatic DA neurons, ..
- zhan G, Sezgin E, Wehner D, Pfister A, K hl S, Kagermeier Schenk B, et al. Lypd6 enhances Wnt/?-catenin signaling by promoting Lrp6 phosphorylation in raft plasma membrane domains. Dev Cell. 2013;26:331-45 pubmed publisher..Thus, Lypd6 appears to control Lrp6 activation specifically in membrane rafts, which is essential for downstream signaling...
- Liu J, Zhang D, Xie X, Ouyang G, Liu X, Sun Y, et al. Eaf1 and Eaf2 negatively regulate canonical Wnt/?-catenin signaling. Development. 2013;140:1067-78 pubmed publisher..In summary, our evidence points to a novel role for Eaf1 and Eaf2 in inhibiting canonical Wnt/?-catenin signaling, which might form the mechanistic basis for Eaf1 and Eaf2 tumor suppressor activity. ..
- Caron A, Xu X, Lin X. Wnt/?-catenin signaling directly regulates Foxj1 expression and ciliogenesis in zebrafish Kupffer's vesicle. Development. 2012;139:514-24 pubmed publisher..Moreover, our results also prompt a hypothesis that certain developmental effects of the Wnt/?-catenin pathway are due to the activation of Foxj1 and cilia formation...
- Jeong J, Einhorn Z, Mathur P, Chen L, Lee S, Kawakami K, et al. Patterning the zebrafish diencephalon by the conserved zinc-finger protein Fezl. Development. 2007;134:127-36 pubmed..Our findings reveal that Fezl is crucial for establishing regional subdivisions within the diencephalon and may also play a role in the development of the telencephalon and hypothalamus. ..
- Kapsimali M, Caneparo L, Houart C, Wilson S. Inhibition of Wnt/Axin/beta-catenin pathway activity promotes ventral CNS midline tissue to adopt hypothalamic rather than floorplate identity. Development. 2004;131:5923-33 pubmed
- Sanek N, Taylor A, Nyholm M, Grinblat Y. Zebrafish zic2a patterns the forebrain through modulation of Hedgehog-activated gene expression. Development. 2009;136:3791-800 pubmed publisher..These data uncover a novel, essential role for Zic2a as a modulator of Hh-activated gene expression in the developing forebrain and advance our understanding of a key gene regulatory network that, when disrupted, causes HPE. ..
- Ebert A, Childs S, Hehr C, Cechmanek P, McFarlane S. Sema6a and Plxna2 mediate spatially regulated repulsion within the developing eye to promote eye vesicle cohesion. Development. 2014;141:2473-82 pubmed publisher..We propose a novel, tissue-autonomous mechanism of organ cohesion, with neutralization of repulsion suggested as a means to promote interactions between cells within a tissue domain. ..
- Shi W, Chen X, Wang F, Gao M, Yang Y, Du Z, et al. ZDHHC16 modulates FGF/ERK dependent proliferation of neural stem/progenitor cells in the zebrafish telencephalon. Dev Neurobiol. 2016;76:1014-28 pubmed publisher..2016 Wiley Periodicals, Inc. Develop Neurobiol 76: 1014-1028, 2016. ..
- Carlin D, Sepich D, Grover V, Cooper M, Solnica Krezel L, Inbal A. Six3 cooperates with Hedgehog signaling to specify ventral telencephalon by promoting early expression of Foxg1a and repressing Wnt signaling. Development. 2012;139:2614-24 pubmed publisher..We further find that Six3 promotes ventral telencephalic fates through transient regulation of foxg1a expression and repression of the Wnt/?-catenin pathway.
- Kagermeier Schenk B, Wehner D, Ozhan Kizil G, Yamamoto H, Li J, Kirchner K, et al. Waif1/5T4 inhibits Wnt/?-catenin signaling and activates noncanonical Wnt pathways by modifying LRP6 subcellular localization. Dev Cell. 2011;21:1129-43 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that Waif1 modulates pathway selection in Wnt-receiving cells. ..