Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: foxa
Description: forkhead box A sequence
Alias: fkd4, forkhead-4, zf-FKH2, zgc:100769, forkhead box A sequence, fork head domain protein 4
- Zhang Z, Feng J, Pan C, Lv X, Wu W, Zhou Z, et al. Atrophin-Rpd3 complex represses Hedgehog signaling by acting as a corepressor of CiR. J Cell Biol. 2013;203:575-83 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, Rerea, a homologue of Atro in zebrafish, repressed the expression of Hh-responsive genes. We propose that the Atro-Rpd3 complex plays a conserved role to function as a Ci(R) corepressor...
- Odenthal J, van Eeden F, Haffter P, Ingham P, Nusslein Volhard C. Two distinct cell populations in the floor plate of the zebrafish are induced by different pathways. Dev Biol. 2000;219:350-63 pubmed..by the expression patterns of several marker genes, including sonic hedgehog (shh) and the fork head-domain gene fkd4: a single row of medial floor plate (MFP) cells, expressing both shh and fkd4, is flanked by rows of lateral floor ..
- Nakano Y, Kim H, Kawakami A, Roy S, Schier A, Ingham P. Inactivation of dispatched 1 by the chameleon mutation disrupts Hedgehog signalling in the zebrafish embryo. Dev Biol. 2004;269:381-92 pubmed
- Hauptmann G, Söll I, Gerster T. The early embryonic zebrafish forebrain is subdivided into molecularly distinct transverse and longitudinal domains. Brain Res Bull. 2002;57:371-5 pubmed..Furthermore, we identified a series of eight transverse diencephalic domains which may indicate a prosomeric organization of the rostral zebrafish brain. ..
- Kondrychyn I, Garcia Lecea M, Emelyanov A, Parinov S, Korzh V. Genome-wide analysis of Tol2 transposon reintegration in zebrafish. BMC Genomics. 2009;10:418 pubmed publisher..This information will influence the development of various applications involving DNA transposons and Tol2 in particular. ..
- Barth K, Kishimoto Y, Rohr K, Seydler C, Schulte Merker S, Wilson S. Bmp activity establishes a gradient of positional information throughout the entire neural plate. Development. 1999;126:4977-87 pubmed..These results are consistent with there being a gradient of Bmp-dependent positional information extending throughout the entire neural and non-neural ectoderm. ..
- Pinheiro P, Gering M, Patient R. The basic helix-loop-helix transcription factor, Tal2, marks the lateral floor plate of the spinal cord in zebrafish. Gene Expr Patterns. 2004;4:85-92 pubmed..This is to our knowledge the first report of a gene expressed specifically in lateral cells of the floor plate in the spinal cord. ..
- Shakes L, Du H, Wolf H, HATCHER C, Norford D, Precht P, et al. Using BAC transgenesis in zebrafish to identify regulatory sequences of the amyloid precursor protein gene in humans. BMC Genomics. 2012;13:451 pubmed publisher..It suggests potential human APP gene regulatory pathways, not on the basis of comparing DNA primary sequences with zebrafish appb but on the model of conservation of transcription factors. ..
- Nelson A, Cutty S, Niini M, Stemple D, Flicek P, Houart C, et al. Global identification of Smad2 and Eomesodermin targets in zebrafish identifies a conserved transcriptional network in mesendoderm and a novel role for Eomesodermin in repression of ectodermal gene expression. BMC Biol. 2014;12:81 pubmed publisher..Eomesa therefore regulates the formation of all three germ layers in the early zebrafish embryo. ..