Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: fn1b
Description: fibronectin 1b
Alias: cb1057, fn1l, fn3, wu:fa14f11, wu:fb03c02, fibronectin
- Wehner D, Tsarouchas T, Michael A, Haase C, Weidinger G, Reimer M, et al. Wnt signaling controls pro-regenerative Collagen XII in functional spinal cord regeneration in zebrafish. Nat Commun. 2017;8:126 pubmed publisher..Here, the authors show that Wnt/?-catenin signaling in fibroblast-like cells at a lesion activates axon re-growth via deposition of Collagen XII. ..
- Steed E, Faggianelli N, Roth S, Ramspacher C, Concordet J, Vermot J. klf2a couples mechanotransduction and zebrafish valve morphogenesis through fibronectin synthesis. Nat Commun. 2016;7:11646 pubmed publisher..results uncover a unique multicellular layering process leading to leaflet formation and demonstrate that endocardial mechanotransduction and valve morphogenesis are coupled via cellular rearrangements mediated by fibronectin synthesis.
- Ando K, Shibata E, Hans S, Brand M, Kawakami A. Osteoblast Production by Reserved Progenitor Cells in Zebrafish Bone Regeneration and Maintenance. Dev Cell. 2017;43:643-650.e3 pubmed publisher..Our findings reveal that reserved progenitors are a significant and complementary source of osteoblasts for zebrafish bone regeneration. ..
- Mokalled M, Patra C, Dickson A, Endo T, Stainier D, Poss K. Injury-induced ctgfa directs glial bridging and spinal cord regeneration in zebrafish. Science. 2016;354:630-634 pubmed..Our study reveals that CTGF is necessary and sufficient to stimulate glial bridging and natural spinal cord regeneration. ..
- Li J, Yue Y, Dong X, Jia W, Li K, Liang D, et al. Zebrafish foxc1a plays a crucial role in early somitogenesis by restricting the expression of aldh1a2 directly. J Biol Chem. 2015;290:10216-28 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our results demonstrate that foxc1a plays an essential role in early somitogenesis by controlling Fgf and Notch signaling through restricting the expression of aldh1a2 in paraxial mesoderm directly. ..
- Cheng P, Andersen P, Hassel D, Kaynak B, Limphong P, Juergensen L, et al. Fibronectin mediates mesendodermal cell fate decisions. Development. 2013;140:2587-96 pubmed publisher..promoted precardiac mesoderm formation in mouse embryonic stem cells and involved endodermal production of fibronectin. In vivo, fibronectin deficiency resulted in a dramatic reduction of mesoderm accompanied by endodermal ..
- Chiu C, Chou C, Takada S, Liu Y. Development and fibronectin signaling requirements of the zebrafish interrenal vessel. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e43040 pubmed publisher..vessel (IRV); which develops from the axial artery through angiogenesis and is associated with highly enriched Fibronectin (Fn) accumulation at its microenvironment...
- Yoda H, Momoi A, Esguerra C, Meyer D, Driever W, Kondoh H, et al. An expression pattern screen for genes involved in the induction of the posterior nervous system of zebrafish. Differentiation. 2003;71:152-62 pubmed..Thus, our approach employing cDNA subtraction and subsequent expression pattern screening allows us to clone candidate genes involved in a novel signaling pathway contributing to the formation of the posterior nervous system. ..
- Lu F, Sun Y, Wei C, Thisse C, Thisse B. Tissue-specific derepression of TCF/LEF controls the activity of the Wnt/Î²-catenin pathway. Nat Commun. 2014;5:5368 pubmed publisher..These findings reveal a novel level of regulation of the canonical Wnt/Î²-catenin signalling pathway occurring in the nucleus and involving tissue-specific derepression of TCF by Lbx2. ..
- Jenkins M, Alrowaished S, Goody M, Crawford B, Henry C. Laminin and Matrix metalloproteinase 11 regulate Fibronectin levels in the zebrafish myotendinous junction. Skelet Muscle. 2016;6:18 pubmed publisher..One such shift involves the replacement of Fibronectin (Fn)-rich matrix, which is essential for both somite and early muscle development, with laminin-rich matrix ..
- Hasegawa T, Hall C, Crosier P, Abe G, Kawakami K, Kudo A, et al. Transient inflammatory response mediated by interleukin-1? is required for proper regeneration in zebrafish fin fold. elife. 2017;6: pubmed publisher..Our study reveals that proper levels of Il1b signaling and tissue inflammation, which are tuned by macrophages, play a crucial role in tissue regeneration. ..
- Latimer A, Jessen J. Extracellular matrix assembly and organization during zebrafish gastrulation. Matrix Biol. 2010;29:89-96 pubmed publisher..Here, we describe for the first time the assembly of a fibronectin (FN) and laminin containing ECM in the early zebrafish embryo...
- Zhao Q, Liu X, Collodi P. Identification and characterization of a novel fibronectin in zebrafish. Exp Cell Res. 2001;268:211-9 pubmedSequence analysis of zebrafish fibronectin (FN) cDNAs indicates that at least two forms of the protein exist in fish...