Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: fli1a
Description: Fli-1 proto-oncogene, ETS transcription factor a
Alias: cb855, fli, fli-1, fli1, wu:fc45b11, Friend leukemia integration 1 transcription factor, friend leukemia integration 1a
- Schoenebeck J, Keegan B, Yelon D. Vessel and blood specification override cardiac potential in anterior mesoderm. Dev Cell. 2007;13:254-67 pubmed..This regulatory relationship between cardiovascular pathways suggests strategies for directing progenitor cell differentiation to facilitate cardiac regeneration. ..
- Lawson N, Mugford J, Diamond B, Weinstein B. phospholipase C gamma-1 is required downstream of vascular endothelial growth factor during arterial development. Genes Dev. 2003;17:1346-51 pubmed..Our results indicate that Plcg1 functions specifically downstream of the Vegf receptor during embryonic development to govern formation of the arterial system. ..
- Paik E, Zon L. Hematopoietic development in the zebrafish. Int J Dev Biol. 2010;54:1127-37 pubmed publisher..In this review, we will summarize hematopoiesis in the zebrafish and discuss how genetic approaches using the zebrafish system have helped to build our current knowledge in the field of hematopoiesis. ..
- Li X, Jia S, Wang S, Wang Y, Meng A. Mta3-NuRD complex is a master regulator for initiation of primitive hematopoiesis in vertebrate embryos. Blood. 2009;114:5464-72 pubmed publisher..We conclude that Mta3-NuRD complex is essential for the initiation of primitive hematopoiesis. Thus, our findings provide new insight into the regulatory hierarchy of primitive hematopoiesis in vertebrates. ..
- Sumanas S, Lin S. Ets1-related protein is a key regulator of vasculogenesis in zebrafish. PLoS Biol. 2006;4:e10 pubmed..These results demonstrate that Etsrp is necessary and sufficient for the initiation of vasculogenesis. ..
- Pham V, Lawson N, Mugford J, Dye L, Castranova D, Lo B, et al. Combinatorial function of ETS transcription factors in the developing vasculature. Dev Biol. 2007;303:772-83 pubmed..available in the zebrafish to analyze four ETS family members expressed together in the zebrafish vasculature; fli1, fli1b, ets1, and etsrp...
- Chun C, Kaur S, Samant G, Wang L, Pramanik K, Garnaas M, et al. Snrk-1 is involved in multiple steps of angioblast development and acts via notch signaling pathway in artery-vein specification in vertebrates. Blood. 2009;113:1192-9 pubmed publisher..The snrk-1 gene acts downstream or parallel to notch and upstream of gridlock during artery-vein specification, and the human gene compensates for zebrafish snrk-1 knockdown, suggesting evolutionary conservation of function. ..
- Nicoli S, De Sena G, Presta M. Fibroblast growth factor 2-induced angiogenesis in zebrafish: the zebrafish yolk membrane (ZFYM) angiogenesis assay. J Cell Mol Med. 2009;13:2061-8 pubmed publisher..by proliferating cells that incorporate bromodeoxyuridine and express the endothelial cell markers vegfr2/kdr and fli1. Microangiography shows that rFGF2-induced vessels are patent and connected to the systemic circulation of the ..
- Liu F, Walmsley M, Rodaway A, Patient R. Fli1 acts at the top of the transcriptional network driving blood and endothelial development. Curr Biol. 2008;18:1234-40 pubmed publisher..binding sites, and binding and expression data implicate the transcription factor, friend leukaemia integration 1 (Fli1) [5-10]...
- Gering M, Yamada Y, Rabbitts T, Patient R. Lmo2 and Scl/Tal1 convert non-axial mesoderm into haemangioblasts which differentiate into endothelial cells in the absence of Gata1. Development. 2003;130:6187-99 pubmed..These results suggest that, in the absence of inducers of erythroid or myeloid haematopoiesis, Scl/Tal1-Lmo2-induced haemangioblasts differentiate into endothelial cells. ..
- Zhong T, Rosenberg M, Mohideen M, Weinstein B, Fishman M. gridlock, an HLH gene required for assembly of the aorta in zebrafish. Science. 2000;287:1820-4 pubmed..These results suggest that the arterial endothelial identity is established even before the onset of blood flow and implicate the grl gene in assignment of vessel-specific cell fate. ..
- Wong K, Rehn K, Palencia Desai S, Kohli V, Hunter W, Uhl J, et al. Hedgehog signaling is required for differentiation of endocardial progenitors in zebrafish. Dev Biol. 2012;361:377-91 pubmed publisher..Our results argue that Hh provides a critical signal to induce the specification and differentiation of endocardial progenitors. ..
- Siekmann A, Standley C, Fogarty K, Wolfe S, Lawson N. Chemokine signaling guides regional patterning of the first embryonic artery. Genes Dev. 2009;23:2272-7 pubmed publisher..These studies reveal unexpected endothelial diversity within the aorta that is necessary to facilitate its regional patterning by local cues. ..
- Roman B, Pham V, Lawson N, Kulik M, Childs S, Lekven A, et al. Disruption of acvrl1 increases endothelial cell number in zebrafish cranial vessels. Development. 2002;129:3009-19 pubmed..Movies available on-line ..
- So J, Hong S, Kim H, Jung S, Lee M, Choi J, et al. Gicerin/Cd146 is involved in zebrafish cardiovascular development and tumor angiogenesis. Genes Cells. 2010;15:1099-110 pubmed publisher..Thus, knock-down of gicerin might have an important implication in controlling tumor angiogenesis. ..
- Phng L, Stanchi F, Gerhardt H. Filopodia are dispensable for endothelial tip cell guidance. Development. 2013;140:4031-40 pubmed publisher..Anastomosis, however, shows regional variations in filopodia requirement, suggesting that ECs might rely on different protrusive structures depending on the nature of the environment or of angiogenic cues. ..
- Burns C, Traver D, Mayhall E, Shepard J, Zon L. Hematopoietic stem cell fate is established by the Notch-Runx pathway. Genes Dev. 2005;19:2331-42 pubmed..These data define the Notch-Runx pathway as critical for the developmental specification of HSC fate and the subsequent homeostasis of HSC number, thus providing a mechanism for amplifying stem cells in vivo...
- Zhu H, Traver D, Davidson A, DiBiase A, Thisse C, Thisse B, et al. Regulation of the lmo2 promoter during hematopoietic and vascular development in zebrafish. Dev Biol. 2005;281:256-69 pubmed..Our studies elucidate the transcriptional regulation of this key transcription factor, and provide a transgenic system for the functional analysis of blood and blood vessels in zebrafish. ..
- Buchner D, Su F, Yamaoka J, Kamei M, Shavit J, Barthel L, et al. pak2a mutations cause cerebral hemorrhage in redhead zebrafish. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2007;104:13996-4001 pubmed..These data provide in vivo evidence for a critical function of Pak2 in vascular integrity and demonstrate a severe disease phenotype resulting from loss of Pak2 function. ..
- Nasevicius A, Larson J, Ekker S. Distinct requirements for zebrafish angiogenesis revealed by a VEGF-A morphant. Yeast. 2000;17:294-301 pubmed..Molecular analysis using the endothelial markers fli-1 and flk-1 at 1 day of development demonstrates a fundamental distinction between VEGF-A requirements for axial ..
- Wei W, Wen L, Huang P, Zhang Z, Chen Y, Xiao A, et al. Gfi1.1 regulates hematopoietic lineage differentiation during zebrafish embryogenesis. Cell Res. 2008;18:677-85 pubmed publisher..1 plays a critical role in regulating the balance of embryonic erythroid and myeloid lineage determination, and is also required for the differentiation of lymphocytes and granulocytes during zebrafish embryogenesis. ..
- Montero Balaguer M, Swirsding K, Orsenigo F, Cotelli F, Mione M, Dejana E. Stable vascular connections and remodeling require full expression of VE-cadherin in zebrafish embryos. PLoS ONE. 2009;4:e5772 pubmed publisher..This suggests that partial internalization or change of function of this protein may strongly affect vascular stability and organization. ..
- Chan J, Bayliss P, Wood J, Roberts T. Dissection of angiogenic signaling in zebrafish using a chemical genetic approach. Cancer Cell. 2002;1:257-67 pubmed..This approach allowed us to examine the effects of blood flow and the role of endothelial signals in organogenesis. ..
- Villefranc J, Amigo J, Lawson N. Gateway compatible vectors for analysis of gene function in the zebrafish. Dev Dyn. 2007;236:3077-87 pubmed..Taken together, this work provides an important platform for the rapid functional analyses of open reading frames in zebrafish embryos. ..
- Torres Vazquez J, Gitler A, Fraser S, Berk J, Van N Pham -, Fishman M, et al. Semaphorin-plexin signaling guides patterning of the developing vasculature. Dev Cell. 2004;7:117-23 pubmed..These results reveal the fundamental conservation of repulsive patterning mechanisms between axonal migration in the central nervous system and vascular endothelium during angiogenesis. ..
- Dooley K, Davidson A, Zon L. Zebrafish scl functions independently in hematopoietic and endothelial development. Dev Biol. 2005;277:522-36 pubmed..Surprisingly, in cloche, lmo2 was not induced in response to scl over-expression. Taken together, these findings support distinct roles for scl in hematopoietic and endothelial development, downstream of hemangioblast development. ..
- Kohli V, Schumacher J, Desai S, Rehn K, Sumanas S. Arterial and venous progenitors of the major axial vessels originate at distinct locations. Dev Cell. 2013;25:196-206 pubmed publisher..We propose a revised model of arterial-venous differentiation that explains how angioblasts choose between an arterial and venous fate. ..
- Tu H, Lee G, Hsiao T, Kao T, Wang T, Tsai J, et al. One crisis, diverse impacts-Tissue-specificity of folate deficiency-induced circulation defects in zebrafish larvae. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0188585 pubmed publisher..This study also supports the use of this model for further research on the defective cardiogenesis and hematopoiesis caused by folate deficiency. ..
- Garnaas M, Moodie K, Liu M, Samant G, Li K, Marx R, et al. Syx, a RhoA guanine exchange factor, is essential for angiogenesis in Vivo. Circ Res. 2008;103:710-6 pubmed publisher..These results identify Syx as an essential contributor to angiogenesis in vivo. ..
- Fukuhara S, Zhang J, Yuge S, Ando K, Wakayama Y, Sakaue Sawano A, et al. Visualizing the cell-cycle progression of endothelial cells in zebrafish. Dev Biol. 2014;393:10-23 pubmed publisher..Thus, we anticipate that the EC-zFucci Tg line can serve as a tool for detailed studies of the proliferation of ECs in various forms of vascular development in vivo. ..
- Chen D, Li L, Tu X, Yin Z, Wang Q. Functional characterization of Klippel-Trenaunay syndrome gene AGGF1 identifies a novel angiogenic signaling pathway for specification of vein differentiation and angiogenesis during embryogenesis. Hum Mol Genet. 2013;22:963-76 pubmed publisher..We propose that increased AGGF1 expression leads to increased vein differentiation by inducing activation of AKT signaling, resulting in VMs s in KTS patients. ..
- Chun C, Remadevi I, Schupp M, Samant G, Pramanik K, Wilkinson G, et al. Fli+ etsrp+ hemato-vascular progenitor cells proliferate at the lateral plate mesoderm during vasculogenesis in zebrafish. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e14732 pubmed publisher..Using a combination of genetic, molecular and chemical approaches, we demonstrate that fli(+)etsrp(+) hemato-vascular progenitors (FEVPs) are proliferating at the lateral plate mesoderm (LPM)...
- Molina G, Watkins S, Tsang M. Generation of FGF reporter transgenic zebrafish and their utility in chemical screens. BMC Dev Biol. 2007;7:62 pubmed..These compounds were counter screened with the transgenic line Tg(Fli1:EGFP)y1, that serves as an indirect read-out for Vascular Endothelial Growth Factor (VEGF) signalling in order to ..
- Guarienti M, Cardozo S, Borgese L, Lira G, Depero L, Bontempi E, et al. COSMOS-rice technology abrogates the biotoxic effects of municipal solid waste incinerator residues. Environ Pollut. 2016;214:713-721 pubmed publisher..These results demonstrate at the biological level that the newly developed COSMOS-rice technology is an efficient and cost-effective method to process MSWI fly ash, producing a biologically safe and reusable material. ..
- Just S, Berger I, Meder B, Backs J, Keller A, Marquart S, et al. Protein kinase D2 controls cardiac valve formation in zebrafish by regulating histone deacetylase 5 activity. Circulation. 2011;124:324-34 pubmed publisher..We demonstrate for the first time that proper heart valve formation critically depends on Protein kinase D2-Histone deacetylase 5-Krüppel-like factor signaling. ..
- Yang Z, Augustin J, Chang C, Hu J, Shah K, Chang C, et al. The DPY30 subunit in SET1/MLL complexes regulates the proliferation and differentiation of hematopoietic progenitor cells. Blood. 2014;124:2025-33 pubmed publisher..Finally, we also demonstrate a crucial role of DPY30 in the growth of several MLL1-fusion-mediated leukemia cell lines. ..
- Paik E, de Jong J, Pugach E, Opara P, Zon L. A chemical genetic screen in zebrafish for pathways interacting with cdx4 in primitive hematopoiesis. Zebrafish. 2010;7:61-8 pubmed publisher..The psoralen compounds also disrupted normal A-P patterning of embryos. These compounds modify the cdx4-mutant phenotype and will help elucidate signaling pathways that act downstream or parallel to the cdx4-hox pathway. ..
- Roy Carson S, Natukunda K, Chou H, Pal N, Farris C, Schneider S, et al. Defining the transcriptomic landscape of the developing enteric nervous system and its cellular environment. BMC Genomics. 2017;18:290 pubmed publisher..Thus, our dataset suggests various potential mechanisms that drive ENS development facilitating characterization and discovery of novel therapeutic strategies to improve gastrointestinal disorders. ..
- Jang G, Park C, Kang B, Kim Y, Lee K. Sequential assessment via daphnia and zebrafish for systematic toxicity screening of heterogeneous substances. Environ Pollut. 2016;216:292-303 pubmed publisher..We propose a sequential environmental toxicity assessment protocol for the systematic toxicity screening of heterogeneous substances from Daphnia magna to zebrafish embryo in-vivo models. ..
- Oka Y, Sato T. Whole-mount single molecule FISH method for zebrafish embryo. Sci Rep. 2015;5:8571 pubmed publisher..The whole-mount smFISH method described in this report is expected to facilitate the study of noise in gene expression and its role in zebrafish, a vertebrate animal model relevant to human biology. ..
- Cermenati S, Moleri S, Cimbro S, Corti P, Del Giacco L, Amodeo R, et al. Sox18 and Sox7 play redundant roles in vascular development. Blood. 2008;111:2657-66 pubmed..Our data suggest that a defect in arteriovenous identity could be responsible for the formation of telangiectases in patients with HLT. ..
- Cirone P, Lin S, Griesbach H, Zhang Y, Slusarski D, Crews C. A role for planar cell polarity signaling in angiogenesis. Angiogenesis. 2008;11:347-60 pubmed publisher..These findings reveal a potential role for PCP signaling in the coordinated assembly of endothelial cells into vascular structures and have important implications for vascular remodeling in development and disease. ..
- Koenig A, Baltrunaite K, Bower N, Rossi A, Stainier D, Hogan B, et al. Vegfa signaling promotes zebrafish intestinal vasculature development through endothelial cell migration from the posterior cardinal vein. Dev Biol. 2016;411:115-27 pubmed publisher..It is likely that a similar mechanism is utilized during vascularization of other organs. ..
- ..Here, we provide a broad overview of vertebrate hematopoiesis. We also highlight the benefits of using zebrafish as a model...
- Proulx K, Lu A, Sumanas S. Cranial vasculature in zebrafish forms by angioblast cluster-derived angiogenesis. Dev Biol. 2010;348:34-46 pubmed publisher..Such angioblast cluster-derived angiogenesis is likely to be involved during vasculature formation in other vertebrate systems as well. ..
- Takeuchi M, Fuse Y, Watanabe M, Andrea C, Takeuchi M, Nakajima H, et al. LSD1/KDM1A promotes hematopoietic commitment of hemangioblasts through downregulation of Etv2. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2015;112:13922-7 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that the LSD1-dependent shutdown of Etv2 gene expression may be a significant event required for hemangioblasts to initiate hematopoietic differentiation. ..
- Fischer R, Gardel M, Ma X, Adelstein R, Waterman C. Local cortical tension by myosin II guides 3D endothelial cell branching. Curr Biol. 2009;19:260-5 pubmed publisher..Thus, local downregulation of myosin II cortical contraction allows pseudopodium initiation to mediate EC branching and hence guide directional migration and angiogenesis. ..
- Pappalardo A, Porreca I, Caputi L, De Felice E, Schulte Merker S, Zannini M, et al. Thyroid development in zebrafish lacking Taz. Mech Dev. 2015;138 Pt 3:268-78 pubmed publisher..These findings indicate that the zebrafish Taz protein is needed for the normal differentiation of the thyroid and are the first to suggest that Taz confers growth advantage to the endocrine gland. ..
- Ma A, Fan A, Ward A, Liongue C, Lewis R, Cheng S, et al. A novel zebrafish jak2a(V581F) model shared features of human JAK2(V617F) polycythemia vera. Exp Hematol. 2009;37:1379-1386.e4 pubmed publisher..In this study, we generated a zebrafish ortholog of human JAK2(V617F) (referred herewith jak2a(V581F)) by site-directed mutagenesis and examined its relevance as a model of human PV...
- Pan W, Pham V, Stratman A, Castranova D, Kamei M, Kidd K, et al. CDP-diacylglycerol synthetase-controlled phosphoinositide availability limits VEGFA signaling and vascular morphogenesis. Blood. 2012;120:489-98 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that availability of CDS-controlled resynthesis of phosphoinositides is essential for angiogenesis. ..
- Schumacher J, Bloomekatz J, Garavito Aguilar Z, Yelon D. tal1 Regulates the formation of intercellular junctions and the maintenance of identity in the endocardium. Dev Biol. 2013;383:214-26 pubmed publisher..We therefore propose a model in which Tal1 has distinct roles in regulating the formation of endocardial intercellular junctions and maintaining endocardial identity...
- Ghosh A, Vo A, Twiss B, Kretz C, Jozwiak M, Montgomery R, et al. Characterization of zebrafish von Willebrand factor reveals conservation of domain structure, multimerization, and intracellular storage. Adv Hematol. 2012;2012:214209 pubmed publisher..Larval expression is in the pharyngeal arches, yolk sac, and intestinal epithelium. These results provide a foundation for continued study of zebrafish Vwf that may further our understanding of the mechanisms of VWD. ..
- Laux D, Young S, Donovan J, Mansfield C, Upton P, Roman B. Circulating Bmp10 acts through endothelial Alk1 to mediate flow-dependent arterial quiescence. Development. 2013;140:3403-12 pubmed publisher..Because mutations in ALK1 cause arteriovenous malformations (AVMs), our findings suggest that an impaired flow response initiates AVM development. ..
- Kametani Y, Chi N, Stainier D, Takada S. Notch signaling regulates venous arterialization during zebrafish fin regeneration. Genes Cells. 2015;20:427-38 pubmed publisher..In contrast, venous remodeling did not require Notch signaling. These results provide new insights toward understanding mechanisms of vascular regeneration and illustrate the utility of the adult zebrafish fin to study this process. ..
- Chittenden T, Claes F, Lanahan A, Autiero M, Palac R, Tkachenko E, et al. Selective regulation of arterial branching morphogenesis by synectin. Dev Cell. 2006;10:783-95 pubmed..We conclude that synectin is involved in selective regulation of arterial, but not venous, growth and branching morphogenesis and that Rac1 plays an important role in this process. ..
- Rasouli S, Stainier D. Regulation of cardiomyocyte behavior in zebrafish trabeculation by Neuregulin 2a signaling. Nat Commun. 2017;8:15281 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, we find that blood flow/contractility is required for Nrg2a expression, and that while non-contractile hearts fail to trabeculate, non-contractile cardiomyocytes are also competent to respond to Nrg2a/Erbb2 signalling. ..
- Ando K, Fukuhara S, Izumi N, Nakajima H, Fukui H, Kelsh R, et al. Clarification of mural cell coverage of vascular endothelial cells by live imaging of zebrafish. Development. 2016;143:1328-39 pubmed publisher..Thus, live imaging and lineage tracing enabled us to clarify precisely how MCs cover the EC tubes and to identify the origins of MCs. ..
- Horsfield J, Anagnostou S, Hu J, Cho K, Geisler R, Lieschke G, et al. Cohesin-dependent regulation of Runx genes. Development. 2007;134:2639-49 pubmed..Our findings provide evidence for a novel role for cohesin in development, and indicate potential for monoallelic loss of cohesin subunits to alter gene expression. ..
- Thomas N, Koudijs M, van Eeden F, Joyner A, Yelon D. Hedgehog signaling plays a cell-autonomous role in maximizing cardiac developmental potential. Development. 2008;135:3789-99 pubmed publisher..Thus, Hh signaling plays an essential early role in defining the optimal number of cardiomyocytes, making it an attractive target for manipulation of multipotent progenitor cells. ..
- Fang L, Choi S, Baek J, Liu C, Almazan F, Ulrich F, et al. Control of angiogenesis by AIBP-mediated cholesterol efflux. Nature. 2013;498:118-22 pubmed publisher..Our findings demonstrate that secreted AIBP positively regulates cholesterol efflux from endothelial cells and that effective cholesterol efflux is critical for proper angiogenesis...
- Craig M, Grajevskaja V, Liao H, Balciuniene J, Ekker S, Park J, et al. Etv2 and fli1b function together as key regulators of vasculogenesis and angiogenesis. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2015;35:865-76 pubmed publisher..Here, we investigated in the zebrafish model a role for Etv2 and related E26 transformation-specific factors, Fli1a and Fli1b in developmental angiogenesis...
- Li Y, Xiang J, Duan C. Insulin-like growth factor-binding protein-3 plays an important role in regulating pharyngeal skeleton and inner ear formation and differentiation. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:3613-20 pubmed..These findings suggest that IGFBP-3 plays an important role in regulating pharyngeal cartilage and inner ear development and growth in zebrafish. ..
- Wong W, Matrone G, Tian X, Tomoiaga S, Au K, Meng S, et al. Discovery of novel determinants of endothelial lineage using chimeric heterokaryons. elife. 2017;6: pubmed publisher..These studies provide a systematic and mechanistic approach for identifying key regulators in directed differentiation of pluripotent stem cells to somatic cell lineages. ..
- Jagadeeswaran P, Lin S, Weinstein B, Hutson A, Kim S. Loss of GATA1 and gain of FLI1 expression during thrombocyte maturation. Blood Cells Mol Dis. 2010;44:175-80 pubmed publisherIn this paper, we characterized expression of GATA1 and FLI1 gene promoters in thrombocytes of zebrafish transgenic lines, G1-GM2 and TG(fli1:EGFP)y1 that carry transgenes of GATA1 and FLI1 gene promoters driving GFP...
- North T, Goessling W, Walkley C, Lengerke C, Kopani K, Lord A, et al. Prostaglandin E2 regulates vertebrate haematopoietic stem cell homeostasis. Nature. 2007;447:1007-11 pubmed..The conserved role for PGE2 in the regulation of vertebrate HSC homeostasis indicates that modulation of the prostaglandin pathway may facilitate expansion of HSC number for therapeutic purposes. ..
- Wu T, Wang Y, Song Y, Chen Z, Chen Y, Chiu C, et al. Fine-tune regulation of carboxypeptidase N1 controls vascular patterning during zebrafish development. Sci Rep. 2017;7:1852 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, we demonstrate that cpn1 has a critical role in the vascular development of zebrafish. We also reveal a fine-tune regulation of cpn1 that controls vascular patterning mediated by multiple signals. ..
- So J, Kim J, Yoo K, Kim H, Jung S, Choi J, et al. FIH-1, a novel interactor of mindbomb, functions as an essential anti-angiogenic factor during zebrafish vascular development. PLoS ONE. 2014;9:e109517 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our data suggest that FIH-1 interacts with Mib E3 Ubiquitin ligase and modulates vascular development by attenuating VEGF-A signaling activity. ..
- Parker L, Schmidt M, Jin S, Gray A, Beis D, Pham T, et al. The endothelial-cell-derived secreted factor Egfl7 regulates vascular tube formation. Nature. 2004;428:754-8 pubmed..This process fails to take place in Egfl7 knockdown embryos, leading to the failure of vascular tube formation. Our study defines a regulator that controls a specific and important step in vasculogenesis. ..
- Zhen F, Lan Y, Yan B, Zhang W, Wen Z. Hemogenic endothelium specification and hematopoietic stem cell maintenance employ distinct Scl isoforms. Development. 2013;140:3977-85 pubmed publisher..Thus, our data suggest that a defined hemogenic endothelial population preset by scl-? supports the deterministic emergence of HSCs, and unravel the cellular mechanisms by which scl isoforms regulate HSC development. ..