Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: fgfr4
Description: fibroblast growth factor receptor 4
Alias: etID309818.21, wu:fc13h10, zgc:111935, fibroblast growth factor receptor 4, FGFR-4
- Xu P, Zhu K, Jin Y, Chen Y, Sun X, Deng M, et al. Setdb2 restricts dorsal organizer territory and regulates left-right asymmetry through suppressing fgf8 activity. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2010;107:2521-6 pubmed publisher..These results provide unique evidence that a SET domain-containing protein potentially involved in the epigenetic control negatively regulates dorsal organizer formation during early embryonic development. ..
- Regan J, Concha M, Roussigne M, Russell C, Wilson S. An Fgf8-dependent bistable cell migratory event establishes CNS asymmetry. Neuron. 2009;61:27-34 pubmed publisher..The combined action of Fgf and Nodal signals ensures the establishment of neuroanatomical asymmetries with consistent laterality. ..
- Le X, Pugach E, Hettmer S, Storer N, Liu J, Wills A, et al. A novel chemical screening strategy in zebrafish identifies common pathways in embryogenesis and rhabdomyosarcoma development. Development. 2013;140:2354-64 pubmed publisher..Our work demonstrates that the activated pathways in RAS induction during embryogenesis are also important in oncogenesis and that inhibition of these pathways suppresses tumor growth. ..
- Pouget C, Peterkin T, SimÃµes F, Lee Y, Traver D, Patient R. FGF signalling restricts haematopoietic stem cell specification via modulation of the BMP pathway. Nat Commun. 2014;5:5588 pubmed publisher..These results should help inform strategies to recapitulate the development of HSCs in vitro from pluripotent precursors. ..
- Lee Y, Manegold J, Kim A, Pouget C, Stachura D, Clements W, et al. FGF signalling specifies haematopoietic stem cells through its regulation of somitic Notch signalling. Nat Commun. 2014;5:5583 pubmed publisher..Our current studies demonstrate that FGF signalling, via FGF receptor 4 (Fgfr4), mediates a signal-transduction pathway between Wnt16 and Dlc, but not Dld, to regulate HSC specification...
- Kaslin J, Ganz J, Geffarth M, Grandel H, Hans S, Brand M. Stem cells in the adult zebrafish cerebellum: initiation and maintenance of a novel stem cell niche. J Neurosci. 2009;29:6142-53 pubmed publisher..Nevertheless, retained epithelial properties such as distinct polarization and ventricular contact are critical common determinants to maintain neural stem cell activity in vertebrates. ..
- De Smet F, Tembuyser B, Lenard A, Claes F, Zhang J, Michielsen C, et al. Fibroblast growth factor signaling affects vascular outgrowth and is required for the maintenance of blood vessel integrity. Chem Biol. 2014;21:1310-1317 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, our work illustrates the power of a small molecule probe to reveal insights into blood vessel formation and stabilization and thus of broad interest to the vascular biology community. ..
- Hirate Y, Okamoto H. Canopy1, a novel regulator of FGF signaling around the midbrain-hindbrain boundary in zebrafish. Curr Biol. 2006;16:421-7 pubmed..This study highlights a positive-feedback loop between the FGFR pathway and Cnpy1 that may ensure the strength of FGF signaling in the MHB, leading to correct development of the tectum and cerebellum. ..
- Maier E, Whitfield T. RA and FGF signalling are required in the zebrafish otic vesicle to pattern and maintain ventral otic identities. PLoS Genet. 2014;10:e1004858 pubmed publisher..In addition, our results indicate that FGF and RA signalling act in a feedback loop in the anterior OV, crucial for pattern refinement. ..
- Oates A, Mueller C, Ho R. Cooperative function of deltaC and her7 in anterior segment formation. Dev Biol. 2005;280:133-49 pubmed..Thus, anterior segmentation requires the functions of both her and delta family members in a parallel manner, suggesting that the segmentation oscillator operates in paraxial mesoderm along the entire vertebrate axis. ..
- Sleptsova Friedrich I, Li Y, Emelyanov A, Ekker M, Korzh V, Ge R. fgfr3 and regionalization of anterior neural tube in zebrafish. Mech Dev. 2001;102:213-7 pubmed..1 and FGF8 activity, the expression domains of FGFR3 expand into the MHB, tegmentum, cerebellum and optic tectum, which are the affected structures in these mutants. ..
- Wu W, Hai Y, Chen L, Liu R, Han Y, Li W, et al. Deguelin-induced blockade of PI3K/protein kinase B/MAP kinase signaling in zebrafish and breast cancer cell lines is mediated by down-regulation of fibroblast growth factor receptor 4 activity. Pharmacol Res Perspect. 2016;4:e00212 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, we identified fibroblast growth factor receptor 4 (FGFR4) as the putative target of deguelin...
- Postlethwait J, Yan Y, Gates M, Horne S, Amores A, Brownlie A, et al. Vertebrate genome evolution and the zebrafish gene map. Nat Genet. 1998;18:345-9 pubmed..This zebrafish gene map will facilitate molecular identification of mutated zebrafish genes, which can suggest functions for human genes known only by sequence. ..
- Lovely C, Swartz M, McCarthy N, Norrie J, Eberhart J. Bmp signaling mediates endoderm pouch morphogenesis by regulating Fgf signaling in zebrafish. Development. 2016;143:2000-11 pubmed publisher..Collectively, our analyses shed light on the tissue and signaling interactions that regulate development of the vertebrate face. ..
- Koch P, LÃ¶hr H, Driever W. A mutation in cnot8, component of the Ccr4-not complex regulating transcript stability, affects expression levels of developmental regulators and reveals a role of Fgf3 in development of caudal hypothalamic dopaminergic neurons. PLoS ONE. 2014;9:e113829 pubmed publisher..Our data indicate that attenuation of Cnot8 activity differentially affects mRNA levels of developmental control genes. ..
- Tamimi Y, Skarie J, Footz T, Berry F, Link B, Walter M. FGF19 is a target for FOXC1 regulation in ciliary body-derived cells. Hum Mol Genet. 2006;15:3229-40 pubmed..Through the FGFR4 tyrosine kinase, FGF19 promotes MAPK phosphorylation in the developing and mature cornea...
- Oates A, Rohde L, Ho R. Generation of segment polarity in the paraxial mesoderm of the zebrafish through a T-box-dependent inductive event. Dev Biol. 2005;283:204-14 pubmed
- Guyon J, Mosley A, Jun S, Montanaro F, Steffen L, Zhou Y, et al. Delta-sarcoglycan is required for early zebrafish muscle organization. Exp Cell Res. 2005;304:105-15 pubmed..Whereas humans lacking delta-sarcoglycan primarily show adult phenotypes, our results suggest that delta-sarcoglycan plays a role in early zebrafish muscle development. ..
- Ota S, Tonou Fujimori N, Nakayama Y, Ito Y, Kawamura A, Yamasu K. FGF receptor gene expression and its regulation by FGF signaling during early zebrafish development. Genesis. 2010;48:707-16 pubmed publisher..b>fgfr4 expression was first detected in late blastulae and was gradually restricted to the brain...
- Rohs P, Ebert A, Zuba A, McFarlane S. Neuronal expression of fibroblast growth factor receptors in zebrafish. Gene Expr Patterns. 2013;13:354-61 pubmed publisher..In many cases, the expression patterns are similar to those of homologous FGFRs in mouse, chicken, amphibians, and other teleosts. ..
- Topp S, Stigloher C, Komisarczuk A, Adolf B, Becker T, Bally Cuif L. Fgf signaling in the zebrafish adult brain: association of Fgf activity with ventricular zones but not cell proliferation. J Comp Neurol. 2008;510:422-39 pubmed publisher..Together these results stress the importance of Fgf signaling in the adult brain and establish the basis to study its function in zebrafish, in particular in relation to adult neurogenesis. ..
- Liu D, Tsai S, Lin B, Jiang Y, Wang W. Fibroblast growth factor receptor 2c signaling is required for intestinal cell differentiation in zebrafish. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e58310 pubmed publisher..These findings provide new evidences that Fgf signaling is required for the differentiation of intestinal cells in the zebrafish developing gut. ..
- Esterberg R, Fritz A. dlx3b/4b are required for the formation of the preplacodal region and otic placode through local modulation of BMP activity. Dev Biol. 2009;325:189-99 pubmed publisher..Our results provide insight into the mechanisms of PPR specification as well as the role of dlx3b/4b function in PPR and otic placode induction. ..
- Yokoi H, Shimada A, Carl M, Takashima S, Kobayashi D, Narita T, et al. Mutant analyses reveal different functions of fgfr1 in medaka and zebrafish despite conserved ligand-receptor relationships. Dev Biol. 2007;304:326-37 pubmed..Comparative analysis using different fish is thus invaluable for shedding light on evolutionary diversification of gene function. ..
- Hall C, Flores M, Murison G, Crosier K, Crosier P. An essential role for zebrafish Fgfrl1 during gill cartilage development. Mech Dev. 2006;123:925-40 pubmed..A duplicate zebrafish gene, fgfrl1b, has now been identified. We show that Fgfrl1b is also required for proper formation of all ventral cartilage elements and acts cooperatively with Fgfrl1a during gill cartilage formation. ..
- Thisse B, Thisse C, Weston J. Novel FGF receptor (Z-FGFR4) is dynamically expressed in mesoderm and neurectoderm during early zebrafish embryogenesis. Dev Dyn. 1995;203:377-91 pubmedWe have identified a novel FGF receptor, Z-FGFR4, in zebrafish embryos. Z-FGFR4 is closely related to both chicken FREK (Marcelle et al.  Development 120:683-694) and the Pleurodeles cDNA clone Pw-FGFR4 (also named PFR4)...
- Li S, Lou S, Lei B, Chan T, Kwan Y, Chan S, et al. Transcriptional profiling of angiogenesis activities of calycosin in zebrafish. Mol Biosyst. 2011;7:3112-21 pubmed publisher..The data have elucidated the connection between morphological observations and genomic evidence, indicating the potential roles of several key signaling pathways in angiogenesis. ..
- Martin C, Laforest L, Akimenko M, Ekker M. A role for DNA methylation in gastrulation and somite patterning. Dev Biol. 1999;206:189-205 pubmed..When examined during gastrulation, 5-azaC-treated embryos have a shortened and thickened axial mesoderm. We propose that DNA methylation is required for normal gastrulation and subsequent patterning of the dorsal mesoderm. ..
- Varshney G, Zhang S, Pei W, Adomako Ankomah A, Fohtung J, Schaffer K, et al. CRISPRz: a database of zebrafish validated sgRNAs. Nucleic Acids Res. 2016;44:D822-6 pubmed publisher..CRISPRz can be searched using multiple inputs such as ZFIN IDs, accession number, UniGene ID, or gene symbols from zebrafish, human and mouse. ..
- Li M, Page McCaw P, Chen W. FGF1 Mediates Overnutrition-Induced Compensatory Î²-Cell Differentiation. Diabetes. 2016;65:96-109 pubmed publisher..Thus, the recently discovered antidiabetes function of FGF1 may act partially through increasing Î²-cell differentiation. ..
- Ries J, Yu S, Burkhardt M, Brand M, Schwille P. Modular scanning FCS quantifies receptor-ligand interactions in living multicellular organisms. Nat Methods. 2009;6:643-5 pubmed publisher..We quantified the mobility of fibroblast growth factor receptors Fgfr1 and Fgfr4 in cell membranes of living zebrafish embryos and determined their in vivo binding affinities to their ligand Fgf8. ..
- Clanton J, Hope K, Gamse J. Fgf signaling governs cell fate in the zebrafish pineal complex. Development. 2013;140:323-32 pubmed publisher..We conclude that this subset of anterior pineal complex precursors, which normally become parapineal cells, are bipotential and require Fgf8a to maintain parapineal identity and/or prevent cone identity. ..
- Tsai S, Liu D, Wang W. Fibroblast growth factor (Fgf) signaling pathway regulates liver homeostasis in zebrafish. Transgenic Res. 2013;22:301-14 pubmed publisher..Disruption of the Fgf signal-mediated metabolism might indirectly affect hepatocyte proliferation. ..
- Kapsimali M, Kaushik A, Gibon G, Dirian L, Ernest S, Rosa F. Fgf signaling controls pharyngeal taste bud formation through miR-200 and Delta-Notch activity. Development. 2011;138:3473-84 pubmed publisher..Altogether, this study provides genetic evidence that supports a novel model where Fgf regulates Delta-Notch signaling, and subsequently miR-200 activity, in order to promote taste bud cell type differentiation. ..