Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: fgfr3
Description: fibroblast growth factor receptor 3
Alias: fc27h01, sb:eu563, wu:fc27h01, fibroblast growth factor receptor 3
- Rohs P, Ebert A, Zuba A, McFarlane S. Neuronal expression of fibroblast growth factor receptors in zebrafish. Gene Expr Patterns. 2013;13:354-61 pubmed publisher..In many cases, the expression patterns are similar to those of homologous FGFRs in mouse, chicken, amphibians, and other teleosts. ..
- Yokoi H, Shimada A, Carl M, Takashima S, Kobayashi D, Narita T, et al. Mutant analyses reveal different functions of fgfr1 in medaka and zebrafish despite conserved ligand-receptor relationships. Dev Biol. 2007;304:326-37 pubmed..Comparative analysis using different fish is thus invaluable for shedding light on evolutionary diversification of gene function. ..
- McCarthy N, Sidik A, Bertrand J, Eberhart J. An Fgf-Shh signaling hierarchy regulates early specification of the zebrafish skull. Dev Biol. 2016;415:261-277 pubmed publisher..Collectively, our results provide a mechanistic understanding of early postchordal neurocranial development and demonstrate a hierarchy of signaling between Fgf and Hh in the development of this structure. ..
- Tiso N, Filippi A, Benato F, Negrisolo E, Modena N, Vaccari E, et al. Differential expression and regulation of olig genes in zebrafish. J Comp Neurol. 2009;515:378-96 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggest a role for olig genes in CNS patterning as well as in multiple cell fate decisions during neural differentiation. ..
- Pouget C, Peterkin T, SimÃµes F, Lee Y, Traver D, Patient R. FGF signalling restricts haematopoietic stem cell specification via modulation of the BMP pathway. Nat Commun. 2014;5:5588 pubmed publisher..These results should help inform strategies to recapitulate the development of HSCs in vitro from pluripotent precursors. ..
- Kague E, Roy P, Asselin G, Hu G, Simonet J, Stanley A, et al. Osterix/Sp7 limits cranial bone initiation sites and is required for formation of sutures. Dev Biol. 2016;413:160-72 pubmed publisher..The delay in bone maturation caused by loss of Sp7 leads to unregulated bone formation, revealing a new mechanism for patterning the skull and sutures. ..
- De Smet F, Tembuyser B, Lenard A, Claes F, Zhang J, Michielsen C, et al. Fibroblast growth factor signaling affects vascular outgrowth and is required for the maintenance of blood vessel integrity. Chem Biol. 2014;21:1310-1317 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, our work illustrates the power of a small molecule probe to reveal insights into blood vessel formation and stabilization and thus of broad interest to the vascular biology community. ..
- Hirate Y, Okamoto H. Canopy1, a novel regulator of FGF signaling around the midbrain-hindbrain boundary in zebrafish. Curr Biol. 2006;16:421-7 pubmed..This study highlights a positive-feedback loop between the FGFR pathway and Cnpy1 that may ensure the strength of FGF signaling in the MHB, leading to correct development of the tectum and cerebellum. ..
- Lovely C, Swartz M, McCarthy N, Norrie J, Eberhart J. Bmp signaling mediates endoderm pouch morphogenesis by regulating Fgf signaling in zebrafish. Development. 2016;143:2000-11 pubmed publisher..Collectively, our analyses shed light on the tissue and signaling interactions that regulate development of the vertebrate face. ..
- Topczewska J, Shoela R, Tomaszewski J, Mirmira R, Gosain A. The Morphogenesis of Cranial Sutures in Zebrafish. PLoS ONE. 2016;11:e0165775 pubmed publisher..Here we show RNA in situ hybridization for col1a1a, col2a1a, col10a1, bglap/osteocalcin, fgfr1a, fgfr1b, fgfr2, fgfr3, foxq1, twist2, twist3, runx2a, runx2b, sp7/osterix, and spp1/ osteopontin, indicating that the expression of ..
- Ota S, Tonou Fujimori N, Nakayama Y, Ito Y, Kawamura A, Yamasu K. FGF receptor gene expression and its regulation by FGF signaling during early zebrafish development. Genesis. 2010;48:707-16 pubmed publisher..fgfr4 expression was first detected in late blastulae and was gradually restricted to the brain. fgfr2 and fgfr3 expression were initiated in early and late gastrulae, respectively; fgfr2 was expressed in the anterior neural ..
- Tsai S, Liu D, Wang W. Fibroblast growth factor (Fgf) signaling pathway regulates liver homeostasis in zebrafish. Transgenic Res. 2013;22:301-14 pubmed publisher..Disruption of the Fgf signal-mediated metabolism might indirectly affect hepatocyte proliferation. ..
- Kaslin J, Ganz J, Geffarth M, Grandel H, Hans S, Brand M. Stem cells in the adult zebrafish cerebellum: initiation and maintenance of a novel stem cell niche. J Neurosci. 2009;29:6142-53 pubmed publisher..Nevertheless, retained epithelial properties such as distinct polarization and ventricular contact are critical common determinants to maintain neural stem cell activity in vertebrates. ..
- Li M, Page McCaw P, Chen W. FGF1 Mediates Overnutrition-Induced Compensatory Î²-Cell Differentiation. Diabetes. 2016;65:96-109 pubmed publisher..Thus, the recently discovered antidiabetes function of FGF1 may act partially through increasing Î²-cell differentiation. ..
- Lindy A, Basehore M, Munisha M, Williams A, Friez M, Writzl K, et al. Identification of a novel insertion mutation in FGFR3 that causes thanatophoric dysplasia type 1. Am J Med Genet A. 2016;170:1573-9 pubmed publisher..These malformations result from autosomal dominant mutations in the fibroblast growth factor receptor 3 (FGFR3) gene...
- Hu M, Bai Y, Zhang C, Liu F, Cui Z, Chen J, et al. Liver-Enriched Gene 1, a Glycosylated Secretory Protein, Binds to FGFR and Mediates an Anti-stress Pathway to Protect Liver Development in Zebrafish. PLoS Genet. 2016;12:e1005881 pubmed publisher..Further studies reveal that Leg1a binds to FGFR3 and mediates a novel anti-stress pathway to protect liver development through enhancing Erk activity...
- Waskiewicz A, Rikhof H, Moens C. Eliminating zebrafish pbx proteins reveals a hindbrain ground state. Dev Cell. 2002;3:723-33 pubmed
- Hall C, Flores M, Murison G, Crosier K, Crosier P. An essential role for zebrafish Fgfrl1 during gill cartilage development. Mech Dev. 2006;123:925-40 pubmed..A duplicate zebrafish gene, fgfrl1b, has now been identified. We show that Fgfrl1b is also required for proper formation of all ventral cartilage elements and acts cooperatively with Fgfrl1a during gill cartilage formation. ..
- Tallafuss A, Bally Cuif L. Tracing of her5 progeny in zebrafish transgenics reveals the dynamics of midbrain-hindbrain neurogenesis and maintenance. Development. 2003;130:4307-23 pubmed..Together, our results suggest a model where an ordered MH pro-domain is identified at gastrulation, and where cell identity choices within this domain are subsequently differentially controlled by Fgf8 and Pax2.1 functions. ..
- Liu D, Tsai S, Lin B, Jiang Y, Wang W. Fibroblast growth factor receptor 2c signaling is required for intestinal cell differentiation in zebrafish. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e58310 pubmed publisher..These findings provide new evidences that Fgf signaling is required for the differentiation of intestinal cells in the zebrafish developing gut. ..
- Sleptsova Friedrich I, Li Y, Emelyanov A, Ekker M, Korzh V, Ge R. fgfr3 and regionalization of anterior neural tube in zebrafish. Mech Dev. 2001;102:213-7 pubmedHere we describe the isolation of the zebrafish fgfr3 gene, its structure and chromosomal location. Expression in wild type embryos occurs in the axial mesoderm, the diencephalon, the anterior hindbrain and the anterior spinal cord...
- Garcia G, Goodale B, Wiley M, La Du J, Hendrix D, Tanguay R. In Vivo Characterization of an AHR-Dependent Long Noncoding RNA Required for Proper Sox9b Expression. Mol Pharmacol. 2017;91:609-619 pubmed publisher..Our results place slincR as an intermediate between AHR2 activation and the reduction of sox9b mRNA in the AHR2 signaling pathway. ..
- Maier E, Whitfield T. RA and FGF signalling are required in the zebrafish otic vesicle to pattern and maintain ventral otic identities. PLoS Genet. 2014;10:e1004858 pubmed publisher..In addition, our results indicate that FGF and RA signalling act in a feedback loop in the anterior OV, crucial for pattern refinement. ..
- Koch P, LÃ¶hr H, Driever W. A mutation in cnot8, component of the Ccr4-not complex regulating transcript stability, affects expression levels of developmental regulators and reveals a role of Fgf3 in development of caudal hypothalamic dopaminergic neurons. PLoS ONE. 2014;9:e113829 pubmed publisher..Our data indicate that attenuation of Cnot8 activity differentially affects mRNA levels of developmental control genes. ..
- Esterberg R, Fritz A. dlx3b/4b are required for the formation of the preplacodal region and otic placode through local modulation of BMP activity. Dev Biol. 2009;325:189-99 pubmed publisher..Our results provide insight into the mechanisms of PPR specification as well as the role of dlx3b/4b function in PPR and otic placode induction. ..
- Topp S, Stigloher C, Komisarczuk A, Adolf B, Becker T, Bally Cuif L. Fgf signaling in the zebrafish adult brain: association of Fgf activity with ventricular zones but not cell proliferation. J Comp Neurol. 2008;510:422-39 pubmed publisher..Together these results stress the importance of Fgf signaling in the adult brain and establish the basis to study its function in zebrafish, in particular in relation to adult neurogenesis. ..
- Aksoy I, Utami K, Winata C, Hillmer A, Rouam S, Briault S, et al. Personalized genome sequencing coupled with iPSC technology identifies GTDC1 as a gene involved in neurodevelopmental disorders. Hum Mol Genet. 2017;26:367-382 pubmed publisher..Our findings highlight the importance of combining sequencing technologies with the iPSC technology for NDDs modelling that could be applied for personalized medicine. ..