Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: fgfr2
Description: fibroblast growth factor receptor 2
Alias: fc56c05, fgfr-2, wu:fc56c05, fibroblast growth factor receptor 2
- Harvey S, Logan M. sall4 acts downstream of tbx5 and is required for pectoral fin outgrowth. Development. 2006;133:1165-73 pubmed..Our studies of Sall gene family redundancy and tbx5 offer explanations for the similarity of individuals with OS and HOS limb defects. ..
- Nechiporuk A, Linbo T, Raible D. Endoderm-derived Fgf3 is necessary and sufficient for inducing neurogenesis in the epibranchial placodes in zebrafish. Development. 2005;132:3717-30 pubmed..Based on these findings, we propose a model for epibranchial placode development in which Fgf3 is a major endodermal determinant required for epibranchial placode neurogenesis. ..
- Kiefer P, Mathieu M, Mason I, Dickson C. Secretion and mitogenic activity of zebrafish FGF3 reveal intermediate properties relative to mouse and Xenopus homologues. Oncogene. 1996;12:1503-11 pubmed..binding experiments indicate that ZFGF3 has a higher affinity for the IIIb rather than the IIIc isoform of FGFR2; properties that are more reminiscent of the mouse than the Xenopus homologue...
- Esterberg R, Fritz A. dlx3b/4b are required for the formation of the preplacodal region and otic placode through local modulation of BMP activity. Dev Biol. 2009;325:189-99 pubmed publisher..Our results provide insight into the mechanisms of PPR specification as well as the role of dlx3b/4b function in PPR and otic placode induction. ..
- Shih H, Hsu S, Ouyang P, Lin S, Chou T, Chiang M, et al. Bmp5 Regulates Neural Crest Cell Survival and Proliferation via Two Different Signaling Pathways. Stem Cells. 2017;35:1003-1014 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our results demonstrate an important regulatory mechanism for bone morphogenic protein-initiated signal transduction underlying the formation of neural crest progenitors. Stem Cells 2017;35:1003-1014. ..
- Li M, Page McCaw P, Chen W. FGF1 Mediates Overnutrition-Induced Compensatory Î²-Cell Differentiation. Diabetes. 2016;65:96-109 pubmed publisher..Thus, the recently discovered antidiabetes function of FGF1 may act partially through increasing Î²-cell differentiation. ..
- Hall C, Flores M, Murison G, Crosier K, Crosier P. An essential role for zebrafish Fgfrl1 during gill cartilage development. Mech Dev. 2006;123:925-40 pubmed..A duplicate zebrafish gene, fgfrl1b, has now been identified. We show that Fgfrl1b is also required for proper formation of all ventral cartilage elements and acts cooperatively with Fgfrl1a during gill cartilage formation. ..
- Gonzalez Quevedo R, Lee Y, Poss K, Wilkinson D. Neuronal regulation of the spatial patterning of neurogenesis. Dev Cell. 2010;18:136-47 pubmed publisher..Fgf20a mutants have ectopic neurogenesis and lack the segment center progenitor population. Our findings reveal how signaling from neurons induces formation of a nonneurogenic zone of neural progenitors. ..
- Lee S, Huang M, Obholzer N, Sun S, Li W, Petrillo M, et al. Myc and Fgf Are Required for Zebrafish Neuromast Hair Cell Regeneration. PLoS ONE. 2016;11:e0157768 pubmed publisher..Manipulation of c-MYC and FGF pathways could be explored for mammalian hair cell regeneration. ..
- Rohs P, Ebert A, Zuba A, McFarlane S. Neuronal expression of fibroblast growth factor receptors in zebrafish. Gene Expr Patterns. 2013;13:354-61 pubmed publisher..In many cases, the expression patterns are similar to those of homologous FGFRs in mouse, chicken, amphibians, and other teleosts. ..
- Camarata T, Snyder D, Schwend T, Klosowiak J, Holtrup B, Simon H. Pdlim7 is required for maintenance of the mesenchymal/epidermal Fgf signaling feedback loop during zebrafish pectoral fin development. BMC Dev Biol. 2010;10:104 pubmed publisher..These new regulatory mechanisms may have important implications how we interpret Tbx5 function in congenital hand/heart syndromes in humans. ..
- Nakada C, Iida A, Tabata Y, Watanabe S. Forkhead transcription factor foxe1 regulates chondrogenesis in zebrafish. J Exp Zool B Mol Dev Evol. 2009;312:827-40 pubmed publisher..Interestingly, fgfr2 was strongly upregulated in the branchial arches of the foxe1 MO-injected embryos...
- Topp S, Stigloher C, Komisarczuk A, Adolf B, Becker T, Bally Cuif L. Fgf signaling in the zebrafish adult brain: association of Fgf activity with ventricular zones but not cell proliferation. J Comp Neurol. 2008;510:422-39 pubmed publisher..Together these results stress the importance of Fgf signaling in the adult brain and establish the basis to study its function in zebrafish, in particular in relation to adult neurogenesis. ..
- Dong P, Munson C, Norton W, Crosnier C, Pan X, Gong Z, et al. Fgf10 regulates hepatopancreatic ductal system patterning and differentiation. Nat Genet. 2007;39:397-402 pubmed..These data shed light onto how the multipotent cells of the foregut endoderm, and subsequently those of the hepatopancreatic duct, are directed toward different organ fates. ..
- Topczewska J, Shoela R, Tomaszewski J, Mirmira R, Gosain A. The Morphogenesis of Cranial Sutures in Zebrafish. PLoS ONE. 2016;11:e0165775 pubmed publisher..Here we show RNA in situ hybridization for col1a1a, col2a1a, col10a1, bglap/osteocalcin, fgfr1a, fgfr1b, fgfr2, fgfr3, foxq1, twist2, twist3, runx2a, runx2b, sp7/osterix, and spp1/ osteopontin, indicating that the expression ..
- Pouget C, Peterkin T, SimÃµes F, Lee Y, Traver D, Patient R. FGF signalling restricts haematopoietic stem cell specification via modulation of the BMP pathway. Nat Commun. 2014;5:5588 pubmed publisher..These results should help inform strategies to recapitulate the development of HSCs in vitro from pluripotent precursors. ..
- De Smet F, Tembuyser B, Lenard A, Claes F, Zhang J, Michielsen C, et al. Fibroblast growth factor signaling affects vascular outgrowth and is required for the maintenance of blood vessel integrity. Chem Biol. 2014;21:1310-1317 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, our work illustrates the power of a small molecule probe to reveal insights into blood vessel formation and stabilization and thus of broad interest to the vascular biology community. ..
- Tsai S, Liu D, Wang W. Fibroblast growth factor (Fgf) signaling pathway regulates liver homeostasis in zebrafish. Transgenic Res. 2013;22:301-14 pubmed publisher..Disruption of the Fgf signal-mediated metabolism might indirectly affect hepatocyte proliferation. ..
- Miyake A, Itoh N. Fgf22 regulated by Fgf3/Fgf8 signaling is required for zebrafish midbrain development. Biol Open. 2013;2:515-24 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, fgf22 partially rescued the fgf3/fgf8 double morphant phenotype. The present results indicate Fgf22 to be involved in midbrain development downstream of Fgf3 and Fgf8 in the MHB but not of Hh in the floor plate. ..
- Manfroid I, Delporte F, Baudhuin A, Motte P, Neumann C, Voz M, et al. Reciprocal endoderm-mesoderm interactions mediated by fgf24 and fgf10 govern pancreas development. Development. 2007;134:4011-21 pubmed
- Korzh S, Winata C, Zheng W, Yang S, Yin A, Ingham P, et al. The interaction of epithelial Ihha and mesenchymal Fgf10 in zebrafish esophageal and swimbladder development. Dev Biol. 2011;359:262-76 pubmed publisher..These findings contribute to the understanding of epithelial-mesenchymal interactions and highlight an interaction between Hh and Fgf signaling pathways during esophagus and swimbladder development. ..
- Yokoi H, Shimada A, Carl M, Takashima S, Kobayashi D, Narita T, et al. Mutant analyses reveal different functions of fgfr1 in medaka and zebrafish despite conserved ligand-receptor relationships. Dev Biol. 2007;304:326-37 pubmed..Comparative analysis using different fish is thus invaluable for shedding light on evolutionary diversification of gene function. ..
- Larbuisson A, Dalcq J, Martial J, Muller M. Fgf receptors Fgfr1a and Fgfr2 control the function of pharyngeal endoderm in late cranial cartilage development. Differentiation. 2013;86:192-206 pubmed publisher..Rescue experiments revealed that each Fgfr1a or Fgfr2 receptor is able to compensate for the loss of the other...
- Liu D, Tsai S, Lin B, Jiang Y, Wang W. Fibroblast growth factor receptor 2c signaling is required for intestinal cell differentiation in zebrafish. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e58310 pubmed publisher..These findings provide new evidences that Fgf signaling is required for the differentiation of intestinal cells in the zebrafish developing gut. ..
- Maier E, Whitfield T. RA and FGF signalling are required in the zebrafish otic vesicle to pattern and maintain ventral otic identities. PLoS Genet. 2014;10:e1004858 pubmed publisher..In addition, our results indicate that FGF and RA signalling act in a feedback loop in the anterior OV, crucial for pattern refinement. ..
- Koch P, LÃ¶hr H, Driever W. A mutation in cnot8, component of the Ccr4-not complex regulating transcript stability, affects expression levels of developmental regulators and reveals a role of Fgf3 in development of caudal hypothalamic dopaminergic neurons. PLoS ONE. 2014;9:e113829 pubmed publisher..Our data indicate that attenuation of Cnot8 activity differentially affects mRNA levels of developmental control genes. ..
- Hirate Y, Okamoto H. Canopy1, a novel regulator of FGF signaling around the midbrain-hindbrain boundary in zebrafish. Curr Biol. 2006;16:421-7 pubmed..This study highlights a positive-feedback loop between the FGFR pathway and Cnpy1 that may ensure the strength of FGF signaling in the MHB, leading to correct development of the tectum and cerebellum. ..
- Kaslin J, Ganz J, Geffarth M, Grandel H, Hans S, Brand M. Stem cells in the adult zebrafish cerebellum: initiation and maintenance of a novel stem cell niche. J Neurosci. 2009;29:6142-53 pubmed publisher..Nevertheless, retained epithelial properties such as distinct polarization and ventricular contact are critical common determinants to maintain neural stem cell activity in vertebrates. ..