Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: fgf1a
Description: fibroblast growth factor 1a
Alias: HBGF-1, aFGF, fgf1, zgc:73249, FGF-1, acidic fibroblast growth factor, fibroblast growth factor 1, heparin-binding growth factor 1
- Bhat N, Riley B. Integrin-?5 coordinates assembly of posterior cranial placodes in zebrafish and enhances Fgf-dependent regulation of otic/epibranchial cells. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e27778 pubmed publisher..These findings support a model in which itga5 coordinates cell migration into posterior placodes and augments Fgf signaling required for patterning of these tissues and cell survival in otic/epibranchial placodes. ..
- Simões F, Peterkin T, Patient R. Fgf differentially controls cross-antagonism between cardiac and haemangioblast regulators. Development. 2011;138:3235-45 pubmed publisher..We propose that elevation of Fgf signalling in the anterior haemangioblast territory could have led to its recruitment into the heart field during evolution, increasing the size of the heart. ..
- Qian M, Yao S, Jing L, He J, Xiao C, Zhang T, et al. ENC1-like integrates the retinoic acid/FGF signaling pathways to modulate ciliogenesis of Kupffer's Vesicle during zebrafish embryonic development. Dev Biol. 2013;374:85-95 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these data indicate thatEnc1l is a direct downstream effector of RA and FGF signaling pathways and modulates KV ciliogenesis in the zebrafish embryo. ..
- Li M, Page McCaw P, Chen W. FGF1 Mediates Overnutrition-Induced Compensatory Î²-Cell Differentiation. Diabetes. 2016;65:96-109 pubmed publisher..We identified Fgf1 signaling as a key component of the overnutrition-induced Î²-cell differentiation signal in a small molecule ..
- HernÃ¡ndez Bejarano M, Gestri G, Spawls L, Nieto LÃ³pez F, Picker A, Tada M, et al. Opposing Shh and Fgf signals initiate nasotemporal patterning of the zebrafish retina. Development. 2015;142:3933-42 pubmed publisher..Once the spatially complementary expression of foxd1 and foxg1 is established, the boundary between expression domains is maintained by mutual repression between Foxd1 and Foxg1. ..
- Bouzaffour M, Dufourcq P, Lecaudey V, Haas P, Vriz S. Fgf and Sdf-1 pathways interact during zebrafish fin regeneration. PLoS ONE. 2009;4:e5824 pubmed publisher..This observation supports the idea that the regeneration process involves a delicate balance between multiple pathways. ..
- Zhao Y, Huang X, Ding T, Gong Z. Enhanced angiogenesis, hypoxia and neutrophil recruitment during Myc-induced liver tumorigenesis in zebrafish. Sci Rep. 2016;6:31952 pubmed publisher..In sum, the current study demonstrated that the Myc-induced liver tumor model in zebrafish provides an excellent platform for study of tumor microenvironment. ..