Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: fgf10a
Description: fibroblast growth factor 10a
Alias: fgf-10, fgf10, wu:fd11d03, zgc:109774, fibroblast growth factor 10, dae, daedalus
- Manfroid I, Delporte F, Baudhuin A, Motte P, Neumann C, Voz M, et al. Reciprocal endoderm-mesoderm interactions mediated by fgf24 and fgf10 govern pancreas development. Development. 2007;134:4011-21 pubmed..Based on the expression of isl1, fgf10 and meis genes, this tissue is analogous to the murine pancreatic mesenchyme...
- Dong P, Munson C, Norton W, Crosnier C, Pan X, Gong Z, et al. Fgf10 regulates hepatopancreatic ductal system patterning and differentiation. Nat Genet. 2007;39:397-402 pubmed..However, the mechanisms responsible for demarcating ducts versus organs are poorly understood. Here, we show that Fgf10 signaling from the adjacent mesenchyme is responsible for refining the boundaries between the hepatopancreatic ..
- Nagayoshi S, Hayashi E, Abe G, Osato N, Asakawa K, Urasaki A, et al. Insertional mutagenesis by the Tol2 transposon-mediated enhancer trap approach generated mutations in two developmental genes: tcf7 and synembryn-like. Development. 2008;135:159-69 pubmed..Our present study provides a basis for the development of efficient transposon-mediated insertional mutagenesis in a vertebrate. ..
- Harvey S, Logan M. sall4 acts downstream of tbx5 and is required for pectoral fin outgrowth. Development. 2006;133:1165-73 pubmed..Our studies of Sall gene family redundancy and tbx5 offer explanations for the similarity of individuals with OS and HOS limb defects. ..
- Norton W, Ledin J, Grandel H, Neumann C. HSPG synthesis by zebrafish Ext2 and Extl3 is required for Fgf10 signalling during limb development. Development. 2005;132:4963-73 pubmed..Here, we report the analysis of daedalus, a novel zebrafish pectoral fin mutant. Positional cloning identified fgf10 as the gene disrupted in daedalus...
- Matsuda M, Chitnis A. Atoh1a expression must be restricted by Notch signaling for effective morphogenesis of the posterior lateral line primordium in zebrafish. Development. 2010;137:3477-87 pubmed publisher..We show that as atoh1a expression becomes established in the central cell, it drives expression of fgf10 and of the Notch ligand deltaD, while it inhibits expression of fgfr1...
- McGraw H, Drerup C, Culbertson M, Linbo T, Raible D, Nechiporuk A. Lef1 is required for progenitor cell identity in the zebrafish lateral line primordium. Development. 2011;138:3921-30 pubmed publisher..These findings revealed a novel role for the Wnt signaling pathway during mechanosensory organ formation in zebrafish. ..
- Cui Y, Lv S, Liu J, Nie S, Chen J, Dong Q, et al. Chronic perfluorooctanesulfonic acid exposure disrupts lipid metabolism in zebrafish. Hum Exp Toxicol. 2017;36:207-217 pubmed publisher..These findings provided evidence that PFOS chronic exposure adversely impacts lipid metabolism in both F0 and F1 and demonstrated the validity of using zebrafish as an alternative model for PFOS chronic toxicity screening. ..
- Pi Roig A, Martin Blanco E, Minguillon C. Distinct tissue-specific requirements for the zebrafish tbx5 genes during heart, retina and pectoral fin development. Open Biol. 2014;4:140014 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, we uncover a novel role for tbx5 genes in the establishment of correct heart asymmetry in zebrafish embryos. ..
- Tang D, Lin Q, He Y, Chai R, Li H. Inhibition of H3K9me2 Reduces Hair Cell Regeneration after Hair Cell Loss in the Zebrafish Lateral Line by Down-Regulating the Wnt and Fgf Signaling Pathways. Front Mol Neurosci. 2016;9:39 pubmed publisher..Thus H3K9me2 plays a critical role in HC regeneration. ..
- Winata C, Korzh S, Kondrychyn I, Korzh V, Gong Z. The role of vasculature and blood circulation in zebrafish swimbladder development. BMC Dev Biol. 2010;10:3 pubmed publisher..As the swimbladder is lined with an intricate network of blood capillaries, it is of interest to investigate the role of the vascular system during early development of swimbladder...
- McGraw H, Culbertson M, Nechiporuk A. Kremen1 restricts Dkk activity during posterior lateral line development in zebrafish. Development. 2014;141:3212-21 pubmed publisher..Based on our data, we propose a novel mechanism in which Kremen1 modulates Wnt activity by restricting the range of secreted Dkk proteins during collective cell migration in the pLLP. ..
- Knútsdóttir H, Zmurchok C, Bhaskar D, Palsson E, Dalle Nogare D, Chitnis A, et al. Polarization and migration in the zebrafish posterior lateral line system. PLoS Comput Biol. 2017;13:e1005451 pubmed publisher..The 3D model demonstrates reasonable behaviour of control as well as mutant phenotypes. ..
- Naye F, Voz M, Detry N, Hammerschmidt M, Peers B, Manfroid I. Essential roles of zebrafish bmp2a, fgf10, and fgf24 in the specification of the ventral pancreas. Mol Biol Cell. 2012;23:945-54 pubmed publisher..By contrast, through the analysis of fgf10(-/-); fgf24(-/-) embryos, we reveal the specific role of these two FGF ligands in the induction of the ventral ..
- Gibert Y, Gajewski A, Meyer A, Begemann G. Induction and prepatterning of the zebrafish pectoral fin bud requires axial retinoic acid signaling. Development. 2006;133:2649-59 pubmed..Thus, RA signaling from flanking somites plays a dual early role in the condensing limb bud mesenchyme. ..
- Mercader N, Fischer S, Neumann C. Prdm1 acts downstream of a sequential RA, Wnt and Fgf signaling cascade during zebrafish forelimb induction. Development. 2006;133:2805-15 pubmed..tbx5 is required for Fgf signaling in the limb bud leading to activation of prdm1 expression, which in turn is required for downstream activation of fgf10 expression.
- Lee B, Roy S. Blimp-1 is an essential component of the genetic program controlling development of the pectoral limb bud. Dev Biol. 2006;300:623-34 pubmed..Subsequently, however, its function is necessary for the induction of fgf10 and sonic hedgehog in the mesenchyme...
- Gibert Y, Bernard L, Debiais Thibaud M, Bourrat F, Joly J, Pottin K, et al. Formation of oral and pharyngeal dentition in teleosts depends on differential recruitment of retinoic acid signaling. FASEB J. 2010;24:3298-309 pubmed publisher..The loss of pharyngeal teeth in this group was cancelled out through a shift in aldh1a2 expression, while oral teeth might have been lost ultimately due to deficient RA signaling in the oral cavity...
- Yin A, Korzh S, Winata C, Korzh V, Gong Z. Wnt signaling is required for early development of zebrafish swimbladder. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e18431 pubmed publisher..Our functional analysis data indicated that Wnt/?-catenin signaling is required for swimbladder early development and we also provided evidence for the crosstalk between Wnt and Hh signaling in early swimbladder development. ..
- Venero Galanternik M, Lush M, Piotrowski T. Glypican4 modulates lateral line collective cell migration non cell-autonomously. Dev Biol. 2016;419:321-335 pubmed publisher..Our results show that glypican4 has distinct functions in primordium cells and cells in the environment and that both of these functions are essential for collective cell migration. ..
- Ma W, Zhang J. Jag1b is essential for patterning inner ear sensory cristae by regulating anterior morphogenetic tissue separation and preventing posterior cell death. Development. 2015;142:763-73 pubmed publisher..Loss of Jag1b causes cell death in the developing posterior crista and results in downregulation of fgf10a in the posterior prosensory cells...
- Xing C, Gong B, Xue Y, Han Y, Wang Y, Meng A, et al. TGFÎ²1a regulates zebrafish posterior lateral line formation via Smad5 mediated pathway. J Mol Cell Biol. 2015;7:48-61 pubmed publisher..Therefore, TGFÎ²/Smad5 signaling plays an important role in the zebrafish lateral line formation. ..
- Guner B, Ozacar A, Thomas J, Karlstrom R. Graded hedgehog and fibroblast growth factor signaling independently regulate pituitary cell fates and help establish the pars distalis and pars intermedia of the zebrafish adenohypophysis. Endocrinology. 2008;149:4435-51 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that there are distinct origins and signaling requirements for the PD and PI. ..
- Lush M, Piotrowski T. ErbB expressing Schwann cells control lateral line progenitor cells via non-cell-autonomous regulation of Wnt/?-catenin. elife. 2014;3:e01832 pubmed publisher..DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.7554/eLife.01832.001. ..
- McCarroll M, Nechiporuk A. Fgf3 and Fgf10a work in concert to promote maturation of the epibranchial placodes in zebrafish. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e85087 pubmed publisher..We discovered that two Fgf ligands, Fgf3 and Fgf10a, cooperate to promote EB placode development...
- Breau M, Wilson D, Wilkinson D, Xu Q. Chemokine and Fgf signalling act as opposing guidance cues in formation of the lateral line primordium. Development. 2012;139:2246-53 pubmed publisher..These findings reveal a novel chemotactic role for Fgf signalling in which it enables the coalescence of the lateral line primordium from an initial fuzzy pattern into a compact group of migrating cells. ..
- He Y, Lu X, Qian F, Liu D, Chai R, Li H. Insm1a Is Required for Zebrafish Posterior Lateral Line Development. Front Mol Neurosci. 2017;10:241 pubmed publisher..i>Insm1a knockdown also perturbed the expression patterns of chemokine signaling genes. Taken together, this study reveals a pivotal role for Insm1a in regulating pLL development during zebrafish embryogenesis. ..
- Jiang L, Li K, Lin Q, Ren J, He Z, Li H, et al. Gambogic acid causes fin developmental defect in zebrafish embryo partially via retinoic acid signaling. Reprod Toxicol. 2016;63:161-8 pubmed publisher..These results indicate the potential teratogenicity of GA and provide evidence for a caution in its future clinic use. ..
- Nomura R, Kamei E, Hotta Y, Konishi M, Miyake A, Itoh N. Fgf16 is essential for pectoral fin bud formation in zebrafish. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2006;347:340-6 pubmed..Fgf16 functions downstream of Fgf10, a mesenchymal factor, signaling to induce the expression of Fgf4 and Fgf8 in the AER...
- Swartz M, Sheehan Rooney K, Dixon M, Eberhart J. Examination of a palatogenic gene program in zebrafish. Dev Dyn. 2011;240:2204-20 pubmed publisher..Functional investigation of a subset of these genes, fgf10a, tgfb2, pax9, and smad5 revealed their necessity in zebrafish palatogenesis...
- Li M, Page McCaw P, Chen W. FGF1 Mediates Overnutrition-Induced Compensatory Î²-Cell Differentiation. Diabetes. 2016;65:96-109 pubmed publisher..Thus, the recently discovered antidiabetes function of FGF1 may act partially through increasing Î²-cell differentiation. ..
- Kantarci H, Edlund R, Groves A, Riley B. Tfap2a promotes specification and maturation of neurons in the inner ear through modulation of Bmp, Fgf and notch signaling. PLoS Genet. 2015;11:e1005037 pubmed publisher..Together, these data support a model in which Tfap2a, acting through Bmp7a, modulates Fgf and Notch signaling to control the duration, amount and speed of SAG neural development. ..
- Pouget C, Peterkin T, SimÃµes F, Lee Y, Traver D, Patient R. FGF signalling restricts haematopoietic stem cell specification via modulation of the BMP pathway. Nat Commun. 2014;5:5588 pubmed publisher..These results should help inform strategies to recapitulate the development of HSCs in vitro from pluripotent precursors. ..
- Wilfinger A, Arkhipova V, Meyer D. Cell type and tissue specific function of islet genes in zebrafish pancreas development. Dev Biol. 2013;378:25-37 pubmed publisher..The normal expression of the pancreas mesenchyme markers meis3, fgf10 and fgf24 in isl1/2 depleted embryos suggests that this activity is independent of isl-gene function in pancreatic ..
- Venero Galanternik M, Kramer K, Piotrowski T. Heparan Sulfate Proteoglycans Regulate Fgf Signaling and Cell Polarity during Collective Cell Migration. Cell Rep. 2015;: pubmed publisher..The HSPGs themselves are regulated by the Wnt/Î²-catenin and Fgf pathways and thus are integral components of the regulatory network that coordinates collective cell migration with organ specification and morphogenesis. ..
- He X, Yan Y, Eberhart J, Herpin A, Wagner T, Schartl M, et al. miR-196 regulates axial patterning and pectoral appendage initiation. Dev Biol. 2011;357:463-77 pubmed publisher..These results show that a Hox cluster microRNA modulates development of axial patterning similar to nearby protein-coding Hox genes, and acts on appendicular patterning at least in part by modulating retinoic acid signaling. ..
- Fischer S, Filipek Gorniok B, Ledin J. Zebrafish Ext2 is necessary for Fgf and Wnt signaling, but not for Hh signaling. BMC Dev Biol. 2011;11:53 pubmed publisher..Thus, our results support the hypothesis that regulation of heparan sulfate biosynthesis has distinct instructive functions for different signaling factors. ..
- Sarras M, Leontovich A, Olsen A, Intine R. Impaired tissue regeneration corresponds with altered expression of developmental genes that persists in the metabolic memory state of diabetic zebrafish. Wound Repair Regen. 2013;21:320-8 pubmed publisher..The aberrant expression of key regulatory genes in the DM state that persist into the MM state provides a plausible explanation on how hyperglycemia induced impaired fin regeneration in the adult zebrafish DM/MM model. ..
- Ma H, Blake T, Chitnis A, Liu P, Balla T. Crucial role of phosphatidylinositol 4-kinase IIIalpha in development of zebrafish pectoral fin is linked to phosphoinositide 3-kinase and FGF signaling. J Cell Sci. 2009;122:4303-10 pubmed publisher..Our results identify Pik4a as an upstream partner of PI3Ks in the signaling cascade orchestrated by FGF receptors with a prominent role in forelimb development. ..
- Chen X, Lou Q, He J, Yin Z. Role of zebrafish lbx2 in embryonic lateral line development. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e29515 pubmed publisher..In addition, the disassociation of PPL nerve extension with PLL primordial migration in some lbx2 morphants suggests that pathfinding of the PLL primordium and the lateral line nerve may be regulated independently. ..
- Don E, de Jong Curtain T, Doggett K, Hall T, Heng B, Badrock A, et al. Genetic basis of hindlimb loss in a naturally occurring vertebrate model. Biol Open. 2016;5:359-66 pubmed publisher..In addition, our novel viable model of hindlimb deficiency is likely to facilitate the elucidation of the detailed molecular mechanisms through which Tbx4 functions during pelvic fin and hindlimb development. ..
- Nakamura T, Klomp J, Pieretti J, Schneider I, Gehrke A, Shubin N. Molecular mechanisms underlying the exceptional adaptations of batoid fins. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2015;112:15940-5 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these data point to both highly derived and deeply ancestral patterns of gene expression in skate pectoral fins, shedding light on the molecular mechanisms behind the evolution of novel fin morphologies. ..
- Liu F, Pogoda H, Pearson C, Ohyama K, L hr H, Hammerschmidt M, et al. Direct and indirect roles of Fgf3 and Fgf10 in innervation and vascularisation of the vertebrate hypothalamic neurohypophysis. Development. 2013;140:1111-22 pubmed publisher..Using ex vivo analyses in chick and in vivo analyses in mutant and transgenic zebrafish, we show that Fgf10 and Fgf3 secreted from the forming neurohypophysis exert direct guidance effects on hypothalamic neurosecretory ..
- Korzh S, Winata C, Zheng W, Yang S, Yin A, Ingham P, et al. The interaction of epithelial Ihha and mesenchymal Fgf10 in zebrafish esophageal and swimbladder development. Dev Biol. 2011;359:262-76 pubmed publisher..Analysis of the development of the esophagus and swimbladder in fgf10 mutant daedalus (dae) and compound dae/ihha mutants shows that the Ihha-Fgf10 regulatory interaction is realized through a ..
- Zhang J, Wagh P, Guay D, Sanchez Pulido L, Padhi B, Korzh V, et al. Loss of fish actinotrichia proteins and the fin-to-limb transition. Nature. 2010;466:234-7 pubmed publisher..We propose that the loss of both actinodins and actinotrichia during evolution may have led to the loss of lepidotrichia and may have contributed to the fin-to-limb transition...