Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: fezf2
Description: FEZ family zinc finger 2
Alias: SI:dZ6A2.1, SI:dZ6A2.7, cadps, fez, fezl, foreheadin, tof, zgc:92690, fez family zinc finger protein 2, forebrain embryonic zinc finger-like protein 2, forebrain embryonic zinc-finger like, too few, zinc-finger protein
- Russek Blum N, Gutnick A, Nabel Rosen H, Blechman J, Staudt N, Dorsky R, et al. Dopaminergic neuronal cluster size is determined during early forebrain patterning. Development. 2008;135:3401-13 pubmed publisher..through the Fz8a (Fzd8a) receptor and its downstream effector Lef1, and which requires the activity of the Fezl (Fezf2) transcription factor for this process...
- Berberoglu M, Dong Z, Mueller T, Guo S. fezf2 expression delineates cells with proliferative potential and expressing markers of neural stem cells in the adult zebrafish brain. Gene Expr Patterns. 2009;9:411-22 pubmed publisherb>Fezf2 (also known as Fezl, ZNF312, or Zfp312) is an evolutionarily conserved forebrain-specific zinc finger transcription factor that is expressed during development and is implicated in patterning as well as neurogenesis in both ..
- Guo S, Wilson S, Cooke S, Chitnis A, Driever W, Rosenthal A. Mutations in the zebrafish unmask shared regulatory pathways controlling the development of catecholaminergic neurons. Dev Biol. 1999;208:473-87 pubmed..The too few mutation leads to a specific reduction in the number of hypothalamic DA neurons...
- Stanganello E, Hagemann A, Mattes B, Sinner C, Meyen D, Weber S, et al. Filopodia-based Wnt transport during vertebrate tissue patterning. Nat Commun. 2015;6:5846 pubmed publisher..Indeed, we show that a filopodia-based transport system for Wnt8a controls anteroposterior patterning of the neural plate during vertebrate gastrulation. ..
- Jeong J, Einhorn Z, Mercurio S, Lee S, Lau B, Mione M, et al. Neurogenin1 is a determinant of zebrafish basal forebrain dopaminergic neurons and is regulated by the conserved zinc finger protein Tof/Fezl. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2006;103:5143-8 pubmedThe development of vertebrate basal forebrain dopaminergic (DA) neurons requires the conserved zinc finger protein Too Few (Tof/Fezl) in zebrafish...
- Kim J, Chun H, Kim S, Kim H, Kim Y, Kim M, et al. Normal forebrain development may require continual Wnt antagonism until mid-somitogenesis in zebrafish. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2009;381:717-21 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that normal forebrain development requires continual Wnt antagonism from the early gastrula to the mid-somitogenesis stage. ..
- Samuel A, Rubinstein A, Azar T, Ben Moshe Livne Z, Kim S, Inbal A. Six3 regulates optic nerve development via multiple mechanisms. Sci Rep. 2016;6:20267 pubmed publisher..Hence, the new zebrafish model for Six3 loss of function furthers our understanding of the mechanisms governing optic nerve development and Six3-mediated eye and forebrain malformations. ..
- Levkowitz G, Zeller J, Sirotkin H, French D, Schilbach S, Hashimoto H, et al. Zinc finger protein too few controls the development of monoaminergic neurons. Nat Neurosci. 2003;6:28-33 pubmed..Here we characterized a zebrafish mutant--too few (tof)--that develops hindbrain 5HT and noradrenergic neurons, but does not develop hypothalamic DA and 5HT ..
- Sun Z, Zhao J, Zhang Y, Meng A. Sp5l is a mediator of Fgf signals in anteroposterior patterning of the neuroectoderm in zebrafish embryo. Dev Dyn. 2006;235:2999-3006 pubmed..We demonstrate here that repression of the anterior neuroectodermal markers fez and otx1 by fgf17b or fgf3 coincides with induction of sp5l in the anterior neuroectoderm, and that this repression ..
- Mattes B, Weber S, Peres J, Chen Q, Davidson G, Houart C, et al. Wnt3 and Wnt3a are required for induction of the mid-diencephalic organizer in the caudal forebrain. Neural Dev. 2012;7:12 pubmed publisher..We propose that Wnt ligands are necessary to maintain the primordial tissue of the organizer during somitogenesis by suppressing Tp53-mediated apoptosis. ..
- Yang N, Dong Z, Guo S. Fezf2 regulates multilineage neuronal differentiation through activating basic helix-loop-helix and homeodomain genes in the zebrafish ventral forebrain. J Neurosci. 2012;32:10940-8 pubmed publisher..Fezf2 is an evolutionarily conserved zinc finger protein important for monoaminergic neuronal development in zebrafish...
- Staudt N, Houart C. The prethalamus is established during gastrulation and influences diencephalic regionalization. PLoS Biol. 2007;5:e69 pubmed..This cell-non-autonomous property led us to propose that these committed prethalamic precursors may play an instructive role in the regionalization of the developing diencephalon. ..
- Fujimoto E, Stevenson T, Chien C, Bonkowsky J. Identification of a dopaminergic enhancer indicates complexity in vertebrate dopamine neuron phenotype specification. Dev Biol. 2011;352:393-404 pubmed publisher..We conclude that regulation of dopaminergic neuron phenotype in vertebrates is regulated by dispersed regulatory elements. ..
- Berberoglu M, Dong Z, Li G, Zheng J, Trejo Martinez L, Peng J, et al. Heterogeneously expressed fezf2 patterns gradient Notch activity in balancing the quiescence, proliferation, and differentiation of adult neural stem cells. J Neurosci. 2014;34:13911-23 pubmed publisher..The underlying mechanisms, however, remain incompletely understood. Here we identify Fezf2 as a novel regulator of fate balance in adult zebrafish dorsal telencephalic neural stem cells (NSCs)...
- Chen L, Zheng J, Yang N, Li H, Guo S. Genomic selection identifies vertebrate transcription factor Fezf2 binding sites and target genes. J Biol Chem. 2011;286:18641-9 pubmed publisher..DNA oligonucleotides as in most SELEX studies, we utilized zebrafish genomic DNA to isolate fragments bound by Fezf2, an evolutionarily conserved gene critical for vertebrate forebrain development...
- Yang Z, Liu N, Lin S. A zebrafish forebrain-specific zinc finger gene can induce ectopic dlx2 and dlx6 expression. Dev Biol. 2001;231:138-48 pubmed..Fez encodes a putative nuclear zinc finger protein that is highly conserved in Drosophila, zebrafish, Xenopus, mouse, and human...