Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: fasn
Description: fatty acid synthase
Alias: fj34h12, wu:fj34h12, fatty acid synthase, FAS
- Thomas J, Wiseman S, Giesy J, Janz D. Effects of chronic dietary selenomethionine exposure on repeat swimming performance, aerobic metabolism and methionine catabolism in adult zebrafish (Danio rerio). Aquat Toxicol. 2013;130-131:112-22 pubmed publisher..Overall the results of this study suggest chronic exposure of adult zebrafish to SeMet in the diet can cause both cellular and organismal effects that could affect fitness and survivability of fish. ..
- Jeon H, Lee Y, Kim M, Choi S, Park B, Lee S. Integrated biomarkers induced by chlorpyrifos in two different life stages of zebrafish (Danio rerio) for environmental risk assessment. Environ Toxicol Pharmacol. 2016;43:166-74 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that the up-regulation of metabolic enzymes including CYP450 and MDR1 may be involved in CHL resistance in zebrafish. ..
- Karanth S, Tran V, Kuberan B, Schlegel A. Polyunsaturated fatty acyl-coenzyme As are inhibitors of cholesterol biosynthesis in zebrafish and mice. Dis Model Mech. 2013;6:1365-77 pubmed publisher..These results elucidate a mechanism for PUFA-mediated cholesterol lowering through direct inhibition of Hmgcr. ..
- Forner Piquer I, Maradonna F, Gioacchini G, Santangeli S, Allarà M, Piscitelli F, et al. Dose-Specific Effects of Di-Isononyl Phthalate on the Endocannabinoid System and on Liver of Female Zebrafish. Endocrinology. 2017;158:3462-3476 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that replacement of DEHP with DiNP should be considered with caution because of observed adverse DiNP effects on aquatic organisms. ..
- Benítez Santana T, Hugo S, Schlegel A. Role of Intestinal LXR? in Regulating Post-prandial Lipid Excursion and Diet-Induced Hypercholesterolemia and Hepatic Lipid Accumulation. Front Physiol. 2017;8:280 pubmed publisher..These data indicate that intestinal Lxr activity dampens the pace of intestinal lipid transport cell-autonomously. Selective activation of intestinal Lxr? holds therapeutic promise. ..
- Vacaru A, Di Narzo A, Howarth D, Tsedensodnom O, Imrie D, Cinaroglu A, et al. Molecularly defined unfolded protein response subclasses have distinct correlations with fatty liver disease in zebrafish. Dis Model Mech. 2014;7:823-35 pubmed publisher..We conclude that a stressed UPR causes steatosis and an adaptive UPR prevents it, demonstrating that this pathway plays dichotomous roles in fatty liver disease. ..
- Rocha F, Dias J, Engrola S, Gavaia P, Geurden I, Dinis M, et al. Glucose metabolism and gene expression in juvenile zebrafish (Danio rerio) challenged with a high carbohydrate diet: effects of an acute glucose stimulus during late embryonic life. Br J Nutr. 2015;113:403-13 pubmed publisher..Globally, our data suggest that glucose stimulus at embryo stage has the potential to alter particular steps of glucose metabolism in zebrafish juveniles. ..
- Christen V, Faltermann S, Brun N, Kunz P, Fent K. Cytotoxicity and molecular effects of biocidal disinfectants (quaternary ammonia, glutaraldehyde, poly(hexamethylene biguanide) hydrochloride PHMB) and their mixtures in vitro and in zebrafish eleuthero-embryos. Sci Total Environ. 2017;586:1204-1218 pubmed publisher..Barquat and BAC let to induction of ER stress and inflammation in vitro, and BAC and glutaraldehyde at non-toxic concentrations in vivo, while benzalkonium chloride induced expression of tnf-? only. ..
- Rocha F, Dias J, Engrola S, Gavaia P, Geurden I, Dinis M, et al. Glucose overload in yolk has little effect on the long-term modulation of carbohydrate metabolic genes in zebrafish (Danio rerio). J Exp Biol. 2014;217:1139-49 pubmed publisher..Overall, supplementation of egg yolk with high glucose levels had little effect on the long-term modulation of carbohydrate metabolic genes in zebrafish. ..
- Futter M, Diekmann H, Schoenmakers E, Sadiq O, Chatterjee K, Rubinsztein D. Wild-type but not mutant huntingtin modulates the transcriptional activity of liver X receptors. J Med Genet. 2009;46:438-46 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest a novel function for wild-type huntingtin as a co-factor of LXR. However, this activity is lost by mutant huntingtin that only interacts weakly with LXR. ..
- Zheng J, Luo Z, Zhu Q, Tan X, Chen Q, Sun L, et al. Molecular cloning and expression pattern of 11 genes involved in lipid metabolism in yellow catfish Pelteobagrus fulvidraco. Gene. 2013;531:53-63 pubmed publisher..from liver of yellow catfish Pelteobagrus fulvidraco, including CPT 1A, CPT 1B, PPAR?, PPAR?, SREBP-1, G6PD, 6PGD, FAS, acetyl-CoA ACCa, ACCb, and LPL...
- Mu X, Chai T, Wang K, Zhu L, Huang Y, Shen G, et al. The developmental effect of difenoconazole on zebrafish embryos: A mechanism research. Environ Pollut. 2016;212:18-26 pubmed publisher..Genes related to hatching, retinoic acid metabolism and lipid homeostasis were up-regulated by difenoconazole. ..
- Landgraf K, Schuster S, Meusel A, Garten A, Riemer T, Schleinitz D, et al. Short-term overfeeding of zebrafish with normal or high-fat diet as a model for the development of metabolically healthy versus unhealthy obesity. BMC Physiol. 2017;17:4 pubmed publisher..Our results indicate that zebrafish represents an attractive model to study regulatory mechanisms involved in the determination of AT phenotype during development of metabolically healthy versus metabolically unhealthy obesity. ..
- Dai W, Wang K, Zheng X, Chen X, Zhang W, Zhang Y, et al. High fat plus high cholesterol diet lead to hepatic steatosis in zebrafish larvae: a novel model for screening anti-hepatic steatosis drugs. Nutr Metab (Lond). 2015;12:42 pubmed publisher..liver of HF and HFC diets-fed larvae compared to the control, whereas the expression of lipogenic molecules (acaca, fasn, srebf2, hmgcs1 and hmgcra) were decreased in the liver of HF and HFC diets-fed larvae compared to the control...
- Ho J, Hsiao C, Kawakami K, Tse W. Triclosan (TCS) exposure impairs lipid metabolism in zebrafish embryos. Aquat Toxicol. 2016;173:29-35 pubmed publisher..This study showed that 250Î¼g/L TCS exposure does not affect normal embryogenesis or organogenesis; however, there are concerns regarding possible impairment of lipid metabolism. ..
- Caro M, Sansone A, Amezaga J, Navarro V, Ferreri C, Tueros I. Wine lees modulate lipid metabolism and induce fatty acid remodelling in zebrafish. Food Funct. 2017;8:1652-1659 pubmed publisher..On the whole, wine lees polyphenolic extract was effective at modulating zebrafish lipid metabolism evidencing remodelling effects and antioxidant properties that can be further developed for food innovation. ..
- Pai W, Hsu C, Lai C, Chang T, Tsai Y, Her G. Cannabinoid receptor 1 promotes hepatic lipid accumulation and lipotoxicity through the induction of SREBP-1c expression in zebrafish. Transgenic Res. 2013;22:823-38 pubmed publisher..lipogenic transcription factor SREBP-1c and its target enzymes, acetyl coenzyme-A carboxylase-1 (ACC1) and fatty acid synthase (FAS), and increases de novo fatty acid synthesis...
- Zhang J, Sun P, Kong T, Yang F, Guan W. Tributyltin promoted hepatic steatosis in zebrafish (Danio rerio) and the molecular pathogenesis involved. Aquat Toxicol. 2016;170:208-215 pubmed publisher..In short, TBT can produce multiple and complex alterations in transcriptional activity of lipid metabolism and cell damage, which provides potential molecular evidence of TBT on hepatic steatosis. ..
- Sukardi H, Zhang X, Lui E, Ung C, Mathavan S, Gong Z, et al. Liver X receptor agonist T0901317 induced liver perturbation in zebrafish: histological, gene set enrichment and expression analyses. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2012;1820:33-43 pubmed publisher..Our study underscores the potential of using zebrafish model coupled with transcriptomic analysis to capture pharmacological and toxicological or pathological events induced by LXR modulators. ..
- Chen Z, Ballar P, Fu Y, Luo J, Du S, Fang S. The E3 ubiquitin ligase gp78 protects against ER stress in zebrafish liver. J Genet Genomics. 2014;41:357-68 pubmed publisher..Together, these data indicate that gp78 plays a critical role in protecting against ER stress in liver...