Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: fads2
Description: fatty acid desaturase 2
Alias: DRD5/D6, Fadsd6, wu:fb64c04, wu:fb69e08, zgc:112502, fatty acid desaturase 2, D5D/D6D fatty acid desaturase, acyl-CoA 6-desaturase, delta(5)/Delta(6) fatty acid desaturase, delta-6 fatty acyl desaturase
- Watanabe K, Ohno M, Taguchi M, Kawamoto S, Ono K, Aki T. Identification of amino acid residues that determine the substrate specificity of mammalian membrane-bound front-end fatty acid desaturases. J Lipid Res. 2016;57:89-99 pubmed publisher..To our knowledge, this is the first report on the structural basis of the substrate specificity of a mammalian front-end fatty acid desaturase, which will aid in efficient production of value-added fatty acids. ..
- Chen Y, Luo W, Lee T, Yu S, Chang C. Identification of the proteins required for fatty acid desaturation in zebrafish (Danio rerio). Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2013;440:671-6 pubmed publisher..Collectively, our results implicate that Z-FADS, the sole fatty acid desaturase ever been identified in zebrafish, can serve as a universal fatty acid desaturase during lipogenesis. ..
- Nishimura Y, Sasagawa S, Ariyoshi M, Ichikawa S, Shimada Y, Kawaguchi K, et al. Systems pharmacology of adiposity reveals inhibition of EP300 as a common therapeutic mechanism of caloric restriction and resveratrol for obesity. Front Pharmacol. 2015;6:199 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that the inhibition of EP300 might be a common therapeutic mechanism between CR and RSV in adipose tissues of obese individuals. ..
- Pang S, Wang H, Li K, Zhu Z, Kang J, Sun Y. Double transgenesis of humanized fat1 and fat2 genes promotes omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids synthesis in a zebrafish model. Mar Biotechnol (NY). 2014;16:580-93 pubmed publisher..Our results demonstrate that application of transgenic technology of humanized fat1 and fat2 in farmed fishes can largely improve the n-3 LC-PUFA production. ..
- Shimoda N, Knapik E, Ziniti J, Sim C, Yamada E, Kaplan S, et al. Zebrafish genetic map with 2000 microsatellite markers. Genomics. 1999;58:219-32 pubmed..2-cM average resolution. One centimorgan in zebrafish is about 0. 74 megabase, so, for many mutations, these markers are close enough to begin positional cloning by YAC walks. ..
- Liu L, Fox C, North T, Goessling W. Functional validation of GWAS gene candidates for abnormal liver function during zebrafish liver development. Dis Model Mech. 2013;6:1271-8 pubmed publisher..mapk10) decreased expression of hepatic progenitor cells, whereas knockdown of eight genes (pnpla3, cpn1, trib1, fads2, slc2a2, pklr, mapk10 and samm50) decreased cell-specific hepatocyte expression...
- Lam S, Ung C, Hlaing M, Hu J, Li Z, Mathavan S, et al. Molecular insights into 4-nitrophenol-induced hepatotoxicity in zebrafish: transcriptomic, histological and targeted gene expression analyses. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2013;1830:4778-89 pubmed publisher..This is the first transcriptomic report on 4-NP induced hepatotoxicity. ..
- Lin H, Zhou Z, Zhong W, Huang P, Ma N, Zhang Y, et al. Naringenin inhibits alcoholic injury by improving lipid metabolism and reducing apoptosis in zebrafish larvae. Oncol Rep. 2017;38:2877-2884 pubmed publisher..of alcohol and lipid metabolism-related genes, including cyp2y3, cyp3a65, hmgcra, hmgcrb, fasn, fabp10?, fads2 and echs1, in zebrafish larvae...