Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: fads2
Description: fatty acid desaturase 2
Alias: DRD5/D6, Fadsd6, wu:fb64c04, wu:fb69e08, zgc:112502, fatty acid desaturase 2, D5D/D6D fatty acid desaturase, acyl-CoA 6-desaturase, delta(5)/Delta(6) fatty acid desaturase, delta-6 fatty acyl desaturase
- Functional validation of GWAS gene candidates for abnormal liver function during zebrafish liver developmentLeah Y Liu
Genetics Division, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Dis Model Mech 6:1271-8. 2013..mapk10) decreased expression of hepatic progenitor cells, whereas knockdown of eight genes (pnpla3, cpn1, trib1, fads2, slc2a2, pklr, mapk10 and samm50) decreased cell-specific hepatocyte expression...
- Identification of the proteins required for fatty acid desaturation in zebrafish (Danio rerio)Yao Sheng Chen
Institute of Fisheries Science, National Taiwan University, Taipei 10617, Taiwan Institute of Cellular and Organismic Biology, Academia Sinica, Taipei 11529, Taiwan Institute of Chemistry, Academia Sinica, Taipei 11529, Taiwan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 440:671-6. 2013..Collectively, our results implicate that Z-FADS, the sole fatty acid desaturase ever been identified in zebrafish, can serve as a universal fatty acid desaturase during lipogenesis. ..
- Double transgenesis of humanized fat1 and fat2 genes promotes omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids synthesis in a zebrafish modelShao Chen Pang
State Key Laboratory of Freshwater Ecology and Biotechnology, Institute of Hydrobiology, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Wuhan, 430072, China
Mar Biotechnol (NY) 16:580-93. 2014..Our results demonstrate that application of transgenic technology of humanized fat1 and fat2 in farmed fishes can largely improve the n-3 LC-PUFA production. ..
- The E3 ubiquitin ligase gp78 protects against ER stress in zebrafish liverZhiliang Chen
Center for Biomedical Engineering and Technology, Baltimore, MD 21202, USA Department of Physiology, University of Maryland School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD 21201, USA
J Genet Genomics 41:357-68. 2014..Together, these data indicate that gp78 plays a critical role in protecting against ER stress in liver. ..
- Transgenic expression of omega-3 PUFA synthesis genes improves zebrafish survival during Vibrio vulnificus infectionChih Lun Cheng
Institute of Cellular and Organismic Biology, Academia Sinica, Taipei, 115, Taiwan
J Biomed Sci 22:103. 2015..This study quantified n-3 PUFAs and their anti-bacterial effects in Fadsd6 and Elvol5a transgenic zebrafish.
- Identification of amino acid residues that determine the substrate specificity of mammalian membrane-bound front-end fatty acid desaturasesKenshi Watanabe
Department of Molecular Biotechnology, Graduate School of Advanced Sciences of Matter, Hiroshima University, Higashi Hiroshima, Japan
J Lipid Res 57:89-99. 2016..To our knowledge, this is the first report on the structural basis of the substrate specificity of a mammalian front-end fatty acid desaturase, which will aid in efficient production of value-added fatty acids. ..
- Transcriptomic characterization of zebrafish larvae in response to mercury exposureXing Lu
Key Laboratory of Freshwater Biodiversity Conservation and Utilization of Ministry of Agriculture, Yangtze River Fisheries Research Institute, Chinese Academy of Fishery Sciences, Wuhan 430223, Hubei, China Electronic address
Comp Biochem Physiol C Toxicol Pharmacol 192:40-49. 2017..Thus, these findings provide useful insights to help further understand the transcriptional response and detoxification ability of zebrafish larvae following acute exposure to mercury...
- Vitamin E deficiency decreases long-chain PUFA in zebrafish (Danio rerio)Katie M Lebold
Linus Pauling Institute, Oregon State University, Corvallis, OR, USA
J Nutr 141:2113-8. 2011..05) and a ~50% lower ARA:LA ratio (P < 0.05). fads2 (P < 0.05) and elovl2 (P < 0.05) mRNA expression was doubled in E- compared to E+ fish...
- Basal vertebrates clarify the evolutionary history of ciliopathy-associated genes Tmem138 and Tmem216Byrappa Venkatesh
Comparative Genomics Lab, Institute of Molecular and Cell Biology, A STAR, Biopolis, Singapore
Mol Biol Evol 30:62-5. 2013..Analyses of the coelacanth and lamprey genomes support this hypothesis. Our study highlights the importance of basal vertebrates as critical reference genomes...
- Molecular insights into 4-nitrophenol-induced hepatotoxicity in zebrafish: transcriptomic, histological and targeted gene expression analysesSiew Hong Lam
Department of Biological Sciences, National University of Singapore, Singapore, Singapore
Biochim Biophys Acta 1830:4778-89. 2013..However, molecular information of 4-NP induced hepatotoxicity is still limited. This study aimed to obtain molecular insights into 4-NP-induced hepatotoxicity using zebrafish as a model...
- Zebrafish genetic map with 2000 microsatellite markersN Shimoda
Cardiovascular Research Center, Massachusetts General Hospital, Charlestown, Massachusetts 02129, USA
Genomics 58:219-32. 1999..2-cM average resolution. One centimorgan in zebrafish is about 0. 74 megabase, so, for many mutations, these markers are close enough to begin positional cloning by YAC walks...
- Upregulated mRNA expression of desaturase and elongase, two enzymes involved in highly unsaturated fatty acids biosynthesis pathways during follicle maturation in zebrafishSairatul D Ishak
School of Biological Sciences, Universiti Sains Malaysia, Penang
Reprod Biol Endocrinol 6:56. 2008..regulation of ovarian HUFA synthesis, we described here the mRNA expression pattern of two enzymes; desaturase (fadsd6) and elongase (elovl5), involved in HUFA biosynthesis pathway, in different zebrafish ovarian follicle stages...
- Expression of long-chain polyunsaturated fatty acid (LC-PUFA) biosynthesis genes during zebrafish Danio rerio early embryogenesisOscar Monroig
Institute of Aquaculture, University of Stirling, Stirling FK9 4LA, Scotland, UK
Biochim Biophys Acta 1791:1093-101. 2009..Tissue distribution in zebrafish adults demonstrates that the target genes are expressed in all tissues analysed, with liver, intestine and brain showing the highest expression...
- Delta-8 desaturation activity varies among fatty acyl desaturases of teleost fish: high activity in delta-6 desaturases of marine speciesOscar Monroig
Institute of Aquaculture, School of Natural Sciences, University of Stirling, Scotland, UK
Comp Biochem Physiol B Biochem Mol Biol 159:206-13. 2011..the activity varied notably between freshwater/diadromous and marine fish species, with the latter possessing Fads2-like proteins with Δ8 activity far higher than mammalian FADS2...