Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: fads2
Description: fatty acid desaturase 2
Alias: DRD5/D6, Fadsd6, wu:fb64c04, wu:fb69e08, zgc:112502, fatty acid desaturase 2, D5D/D6D fatty acid desaturase, acyl-CoA 6-desaturase, delta(5)/Delta(6) fatty acid desaturase, delta-6 fatty acyl desaturase
- Lu X, Xiang Y, Yang G, Zhang L, Wang H, Zhong S. Transcriptomic characterization of zebrafish larvae in response to mercury exposure. Comp Biochem Physiol C Toxicol Pharmacol. 2017;192:40-49 pubmed publisher..Thus, these findings provide useful insights to help further understand the transcriptional response and detoxification ability of zebrafish larvae following acute exposure to mercury. ..
- Chen Z, Ballar P, Fu Y, Luo J, Du S, Fang S. The E3 ubiquitin ligase gp78 protects against ER stress in zebrafish liver. J Genet Genomics. 2014;41:357-68 pubmed publisher..Together, these data indicate that gp78 plays a critical role in protecting against ER stress in liver...
- Lebold K, Jump D, Miller G, Wright C, Labut E, Barton C, et al. Vitamin E deficiency decreases long-chain PUFA in zebrafish (Danio rerio). J Nutr. 2011;141:2113-8 pubmed publisher..05) and a ~50% lower ARA:LA ratio (P < 0.05). fads2 (P < 0.05) and elovl2 (P < 0.05) mRNA expression was doubled in E- compared to E+ fish...
- Ishak S, Tan S, Khong H, Jaya Ram A, Enyu Y, Kuah M, et al. Upregulated mRNA expression of desaturase and elongase, two enzymes involved in highly unsaturated fatty acids biosynthesis pathways during follicle maturation in zebrafish. Reprod Biol Endocrinol. 2008;6:56 pubmed publisher..regulation of ovarian HUFA synthesis, we described here the mRNA expression pattern of two enzymes; desaturase (fadsd6) and elongase (elovl5), involved in HUFA biosynthesis pathway, in different zebrafish ovarian follicle stages...
- Monroig O, Rotllant J, Sánchez E, Cerdá Reverter J, Tocher D. Expression of long-chain polyunsaturated fatty acid (LC-PUFA) biosynthesis genes during zebrafish Danio rerio early embryogenesis. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2009;1791:1093-101 pubmed publisher..Tissue distribution in zebrafish adults demonstrates that the target genes are expressed in all tissues analysed, with liver, intestine and brain showing the highest expression. ..
- Monroig O, Li Y, Tocher D. Delta-8 desaturation activity varies among fatty acyl desaturases of teleost fish: high activity in delta-6 desaturases of marine species. Comp Biochem Physiol B Biochem Mol Biol. 2011;159:206-13 pubmed publisher..the activity varied notably between freshwater/diadromous and marine fish species, with the latter possessing Fads2-like proteins with ?8 activity far higher than mammalian FADS2...
- Ashikawa Y, Nishimura Y, Okabe S, Sato Y, Yuge M, Tada T, et al. Potential protective function of the sterol regulatory element binding factor 1-fatty acid desaturase 1/2 axis in early-stage age-related macular degeneration. Heliyon. 2017;3:e00266 pubmed publisher..We found that expression of fatty acid desaturase 1 (FADS1), FADS2, and acetyl-CoA acetyltransferase 2 (ACAT2) is increased in macular but not extramacular tissue, ..
- Cheng C, Huang S, Wu C, Gong H, Ken C, Hu S, et al. Transgenic expression of omega-3 PUFA synthesis genes improves zebrafish survival during Vibrio vulnificus infection. J Biomed Sci. 2015;22:103 pubmed publisher..This study quantified n-3 PUFAs and their anti-bacterial effects in Fadsd6 and Elvol5a transgenic zebrafish...
- Venkatesh B, Ravi V, Lee A, Warren W, Brenner S. Basal vertebrates clarify the evolutionary history of ciliopathy-associated genes Tmem138 and Tmem216. Mol Biol Evol. 2013;30:62-5 pubmed publisher..Analyses of the coelacanth and lamprey genomes support this hypothesis. Our study highlights the importance of basal vertebrates as critical reference genomes. ..
- Watanabe K, Ohno M, Taguchi M, Kawamoto S, Ono K, Aki T. Identification of amino acid residues that determine the substrate specificity of mammalian membrane-bound front-end fatty acid desaturases. J Lipid Res. 2016;57:89-99 pubmed publisher..To our knowledge, this is the first report on the structural basis of the substrate specificity of a mammalian front-end fatty acid desaturase, which will aid in efficient production of value-added fatty acids. ..
- Chen Y, Luo W, Lee T, Yu S, Chang C. Identification of the proteins required for fatty acid desaturation in zebrafish (Danio rerio). Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2013;440:671-6 pubmed publisher..Collectively, our results implicate that Z-FADS, the sole fatty acid desaturase ever been identified in zebrafish, can serve as a universal fatty acid desaturase during lipogenesis. ..
- Nishimura Y, Sasagawa S, Ariyoshi M, Ichikawa S, Shimada Y, Kawaguchi K, et al. Systems pharmacology of adiposity reveals inhibition of EP300 as a common therapeutic mechanism of caloric restriction and resveratrol for obesity. Front Pharmacol. 2015;6:199 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that the inhibition of EP300 might be a common therapeutic mechanism between CR and RSV in adipose tissues of obese individuals. ..
- Pang S, Wang H, Li K, Zhu Z, Kang J, Sun Y. Double transgenesis of humanized fat1 and fat2 genes promotes omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids synthesis in a zebrafish model. Mar Biotechnol (NY). 2014;16:580-93 pubmed publisher..Our results demonstrate that application of transgenic technology of humanized fat1 and fat2 in farmed fishes can largely improve the n-3 LC-PUFA production. ..
- Shimoda N, Knapik E, Ziniti J, Sim C, Yamada E, Kaplan S, et al. Zebrafish genetic map with 2000 microsatellite markers. Genomics. 1999;58:219-32 pubmed..2-cM average resolution. One centimorgan in zebrafish is about 0. 74 megabase, so, for many mutations, these markers are close enough to begin positional cloning by YAC walks. ..
- Liu L, Fox C, North T, Goessling W. Functional validation of GWAS gene candidates for abnormal liver function during zebrafish liver development. Dis Model Mech. 2013;6:1271-8 pubmed publisher..mapk10) decreased expression of hepatic progenitor cells, whereas knockdown of eight genes (pnpla3, cpn1, trib1, fads2, slc2a2, pklr, mapk10 and samm50) decreased cell-specific hepatocyte expression...
- Lam S, Ung C, Hlaing M, Hu J, Li Z, Mathavan S, et al. Molecular insights into 4-nitrophenol-induced hepatotoxicity in zebrafish: transcriptomic, histological and targeted gene expression analyses. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2013;1830:4778-89 pubmed publisher..This is the first transcriptomic report on 4-NP induced hepatotoxicity. ..
- Lin H, Zhou Z, Zhong W, Huang P, Ma N, Zhang Y, et al. Naringenin inhibits alcoholic injury by improving lipid metabolism and reducing apoptosis in zebrafish larvae. Oncol Rep. 2017;38:2877-2884 pubmed publisher..of alcohol and lipid metabolism-related genes, including cyp2y3, cyp3a65, hmgcra, hmgcrb, fasn, fabp10?, fads2 and echs1, in zebrafish larvae...