Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: fabp7a
Description: fatty acid binding protein 7, brain, a
Alias: B-FABP, D168, fabp7, wu:fb62f07, wu:fq20b08, fatty acid binding protein 7, brain, a, blbp, brain lipid-binding protein
- Sandoval I, Manos E, Van Wagoner R, Delacruz R, Edes K, Winge D, et al. Juxtaposition of chemical and mutation-induced developmental defects in zebrafish reveal a copper-chelating activity for kalihinol F. Chem Biol. 2013;20:753-63 pubmed publisher..Our data support this mechanism of action for kalihinol F and the utility of zebrafish as an effective system for identifying therapeutic and target pathways. ..
- Parmar M, Wright J. Comparative genomic organization and tissue-specific transcription of the duplicated fabp7 and fabp10 genes in teleost fishes. Genome. 2013;56:691-701 pubmed publisher..The tissue-specific distribution of fabp7a, fabp7b, fabp10a, and fabp10b transcripts provides evidence of diverged spatial transcriptional regulation between ..
- De Wit M, Keil D, van der Ven K, Vandamme S, Witters E, De Coen W. An integrated transcriptomic and proteomic approach characterizing estrogenic and metabolic effects of 17 alpha-ethinylestradiol in zebrafish (Danio rerio). Gen Comp Endocrinol. 2010;167:190-201 pubmed publisher..Overall, this study demonstrated that a proteomics approach can lift the biological interpretation of microarrays to a higher level, and moreover, opens a window for identification of possible new biomarkers. ..
- Esain V, Postlethwait J, Charnay P, Ghislain J. FGF-receptor signalling controls neural cell diversity in the zebrafish hindbrain by regulating olig2 and sox9. Development. 2010;137:33-42 pubmed publisher..Overall, for the first time in vivo, our results reveal a mechanism of FGF in the control of neural cell diversity. ..
- Ju B, Chen W, Spitsbergen J, Lu J, Vogel P, Peters J, et al. Activation of Sonic hedgehog signaling in neural progenitor cells promotes glioma development in the zebrafish optic pathway. Oncogenesis. 2014;3:e96 pubmed publisher..characteristic of radial glia and progenitor cells as transcriptions of radial glia genes cyp19a1b, s100?, blbp, gfap and the stem/progenitor genes nestin and sox2 were significantly upregulated...
- French C, Erickson T, Callander D, Berry K, Koss R, Hagey D, et al. Pbx homeodomain proteins pattern both the zebrafish retina and tectum. BMC Dev Biol. 2007;7:85 pubmed..These data define a novel role for Pbx in patterning the vertebrate retina and tectum in a manner required for proper retinal ganglion cell axon outgrowth. ..
- Venkatachalam A, Lall S, Denovan Wright E, Wright J. Tissue-specific differential induction of duplicated fatty acid-binding protein genes by the peroxisome proliferator, clofibrate, in zebrafish (Danio rerio). BMC Evol Biol. 2012;12:112 pubmed publisher..1/fabp1b.2, fabp7a/fabp7b, fabp10a/fabp10b and fabp11a/fabp11b in zebrafish fed different concentrations of clofibrate.
- Ito Y, Tanaka H, Okamoto H, Ohshima T. Characterization of neural stem cells and their progeny in the adult zebrafish optic tectum. Dev Biol. 2010;342:26-38 pubmed publisher..regions are distinguished by the differential expression of several marker genes: pcna, sox2, msi1, elavl3, gfap, fabp7a, and s100beta...
- Wang Y, Qian L, Dong Y, Jiang Q, Gui Y, Zhong T, et al. Myocyte-specific enhancer factor 2A is essential for zebrafish posterior somite development. Mech Dev. 2006;123:783-91 pubmed..Microarray studies reveal a number of genes that are differentially expressed in the MEF2A morphants. Our studies suggest that MEF2A is essential for zebrafish posterior somite development. ..
- Hughes A, Piontkivska H. Evolutionary diversification of the avian fatty acid-binding proteins. Gene. 2011;490:1-5 pubmed publisher..other than those of the digestive system, including muscle and the central nervous system (FABP3, FABP4, FABP5, FABP7, and PMP2)...
- Liu Q, Klingler R, Wimpee B, Dellinger M, KING HEIDEN T, Grzybowski J, et al. Maternal methylmercury from a wild-caught walleye diet induces developmental abnormalities in zebrafish. Reprod Toxicol. 2016;65:272-282 pubmed publisher..Results from this study provide evidence that food intended for human consumption, with relatively modest levels of MeHg, may induce adverse effects in offspring. ..
- Kim H, Kim S, Chung A, Bae Y, Hibi M, Lim C, et al. Notch-regulated perineurium development from zebrafish spinal cord. Neurosci Lett. 2008;448:240-4 pubmed publisher..Here we focused on fabp7a, a brain lipid binding protein that is reportedly crucial for the proper differentiation of radial glial progenitor cells...
- Diotel N, Vaillant C, Kah O, Pellegrini E. Mapping of brain lipid binding protein (Blbp) in the brain of adult zebrafish, co-expression with aromatase B and links with proliferation. Gene Expr Patterns. 2016;20:42-54 pubmed publisher..glial cells display well-established markers such as the estrogen-synthesizing enzyme (AroB) and the brain lipid binding protein (Blbp), which is known to strongly bind omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids such as docosahexaenoic ..
- Alunni A, Krecsmarik M, Bosco A, Galant S, Pan L, Moens C, et al. Notch3 signaling gates cell cycle entry and limits neural stem cell amplification in the adult pallium. Development. 2013;140:3335-47 pubmed publisher..They implicate Notch3 at the top of this hierarchy to gate NSC activation and amplification, protecting the homeostasis of adult NSC reservoirs under physiological conditions. ..
- Parmar M, Venkatachalam A, Wright J. Comparative genomics and evolutionary diversification of the duplicated fabp6a and fabp6b genes in medaka and three-spined stickleback. Comp Biochem Physiol Part D Genomics Proteomics. 2012;7:311-21 pubmed publisher..However, the tissue-specific regulation of the fabp6b gene has diverged markedly in medaka and three-spined stickleback since the duplication of the fabp6 gene. ..
- Palstra A, Rovira M, Rizo Roca D, Torrella J, Spaink H, Planas J. Swimming-induced exercise promotes hypertrophy and vascularization of fast skeletal muscle fibres and activation of myogenic and angiogenic transcriptional programs in adult zebrafish. BMC Genomics. 2014;15:1136 pubmed publisher..These results further support the validity of the adult zebrafish as an exercise model to decipher the complex molecular and cellular mechanisms governing skeletal muscle mass and function in vertebrates. ..
- Parolini M, Bini L, Magni S, Rizzo A, Ghilardi A, Landi C, et al. Exposure to cocaine and its main metabolites altered the protein profile of zebrafish embryos. Environ Pollut. 2018;232:603-614 pubmed publisher..Our data confirmed the potential toxicity of low concentrations of COC, BE and EME, and helped to shed light on their MoA on an aquatic vertebrate during early developmental period. ..
- Li S, Yin M, Liu S, Chen Y, Yin Y, Liu T, et al. Expression of ventral diencephalon-enriched genes in zebrafish. Dev Dyn. 2010;239:3368-79 pubmed publisher..related homeobox 1 (Irx1), Kruppel-like factor 7 (Klf7), mab-21-like 1 (Mab21l1), fatty acid binding protein 7 (Fabp7) and stathmin-like 4 (Stmn4), were enriched in the diencephalon of zebrafish...
- Kani S, Bae Y, Shimizu T, Tanabe K, Satou C, Parsons M, et al. Proneural gene-linked neurogenesis in zebrafish cerebellum. Dev Biol. 2010;343:1-17 pubmed publisher..Our data indicate that proneural gene-linked neurogenesis is evolutionarily conserved in the cerebellum among vertebrates, and that the continuously generated neurons help remodel neural circuits in the adult zebrafish cerebellum. ..
- Rohrschneider M, Elsen G, Prince V. Zebrafish Hoxb1a regulates multiple downstream genes including prickle1b. Dev Biol. 2007;309:358-72 pubmed..Using morpholino knock-down and cell transplantation, we demonstrate that the Hoxb1a target Prickle1b functions cell-autonomously to control facial neuron migration, a single aspect of r4 identity. ..
- Bernardos R, Barthel L, Meyers J, Raymond P. Late-stage neuronal progenitors in the retina are radial Müller glia that function as retinal stem cells. J Neurosci. 2007;27:7028-40 pubmed..We conclude that zebrafish Müller glia function as multipotent retinal stem cells that generate retinal neurons by homeostatic and regenerative developmental mechanisms. ..
- Laprairie R, Denovan Wright E, Wright J. Differential regulation of the duplicated fabp7, fabp10 and fabp11 genes of zebrafish by peroxisome proliferator activated receptors. Comp Biochem Physiol B Biochem Mol Biol. 2017;213:81-90 pubmed publisher..Here, we describe the regulation at the duplicated zebrafish fabp7a/fabp7b, fabp10a/fabp10b and fabp11a/fabp11b gene promoters...
- Dirian L, Galant S, Coolen M, Chen W, Bedu S, Houart C, et al. Spatial regionalization and heterochrony in the formation of adult pallial neural stem cells. Dev Cell. 2014;30:123-36 pubmed publisher..This dual origin of the pallial germinal zone allows the temporally organized building of pallial territories as a patchwork of juxtaposed compartments. ..
- Thirumaran A, Wright J. Fatty acid-binding protein (fabp) genes of spotted green pufferfish (Tetraodon nigroviridis): comparative genomics and spatial transcriptional regulation. Genome. 2014;57:289-301 pubmed publisher..The differential tissue-specific distribution of pufferfish fabp transcripts suggests divergent spatial regulation of duplicated pairs of fabp genes. ..
- Lenkowski J, Qin Z, Sifuentes C, Thummel R, Soto C, Moens C, et al. Retinal regeneration in adult zebrafish requires regulation of TGF? signaling. Glia. 2013;61:1687-97 pubmed publisher..Tgif1 expression and regulation of TGF? signaling are implicated in the function of several types of stem cells, but this is the first demonstration that this regulatory network is necessary for regeneration of neurons. ..
- Jin Y, Zhang X, Lu D, Fu Z. Proteomic analysis of hepatic tissue in adult female zebrafish (Danio rerio) exposed to atrazine. Arch Environ Contam Toxicol. 2012;62:127-34 pubmed publisher..The information presented in this study will be helpful in fully understanding the mechanism of the potential effects induced by ATZ in fish. ..
- Bae Y, Kani S, Shimizu T, Tanabe K, Nojima H, Kimura Y, et al. Anatomy of zebrafish cerebellum and screen for mutations affecting its development. Dev Biol. 2009;330:406-26 pubmed publisher..Our data provide a platform for future studies of zebrafish cerebellar development. ..
- Adolf B, Chapouton P, Lam C, Topp S, Tannhäuser B, Strahle U, et al. Conserved and acquired features of adult neurogenesis in the zebrafish telencephalon. Dev Biol. 2006;295:278-93 pubmed