Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: fabp1a
Description: fatty acid binding protein 1a, liver
Alias: L-FABP, fabp1, fatty acid binding protein 1-A, liver, fatty acid binding protein 1, liver, lfabp
- Ben J, Elworthy S, Ng A, van Eeden F, Ingham P. Targeted mutation of the talpid3 gene in zebrafish reveals its conserved requirement for ciliogenesis and Hedgehog signalling across the vertebrates. Development. 2011;138:4969-78 pubmed publisher..Our findings underline the importance of the primary cilium for Hh signaling in zebrafish and reveal the conservation of Ta3 function during vertebrate evolution...
- Zhan H, Spitsbergen J, Qing W, Wu Y, Paul T, Casey J, et al. Transgenic expression of walleye dermal sarcoma virus rv-cyclin gene in zebrafish and its suppressive effect on liver tumor development after carcinogen treatment. Mar Biotechnol (NY). 2010;12:640-9 pubmed publisher..A or rv-cyclin), was expressed in the livers of zebrafish under the control of liver fatty acid-binding protein (lfabp) promoter...
- Laprairie R, Denovan Wright E, Wright J. Subfunctionalization of peroxisome proliferator response elements accounts for retention of duplicated fabp1 genes in zebrafish. BMC Evol Biol. 2016;16:147 pubmed publisher..In this study, we describe the PPAR regulation of zebrafish fabp1a, fabp1b.1, and fabp1b...
- Fai Tse W, Li J, Kwan Tse A, Chan T, Hin Ho J, Sun Wu R, et al. Fatty liver disease induced by perfluorooctane sulfonate: Novel insight from transcriptome analysis. Chemosphere. 2016;159:166-177 pubmed publisher..The transcriptomic alterations revealed may serve as biomarkers for the hepatotoxic effect of PFOS. ..
- Goessling W, North T, Lord A, Ceol C, Lee S, Weidinger G, et al. APC mutant zebrafish uncover a changing temporal requirement for wnt signaling in liver development. Dev Biol. 2008;320:161-74 pubmed publisher..These studies reveal an important and time-dependent role for wnt signaling during liver development and regeneration. ..
- Hong N, Li M, Zeng Z, Yi M, Deng J, Gui J, et al. Accessibility of host cell lineages to medaka stem cells depends on genetic background and irradiation of recipient embryos. Cell Mol Life Sci. 2010;67:1189-1202 pubmed..Our findings underscore the importance of host genotypes for interpreting donor cell pluripotency and for improving ES-derived chimera production...
- Shimada Y, Kuninaga S, Ariyoshi M, Zhang B, Shiina Y, Takahashi Y, et al. E2F8 promotes hepatic steatosis through FABP3 expression in diet-induced obesity in zebrafish. Nutr Metab (Lond). 2015;12:17 pubmed publisher..The combination of transcriptome and proteome analyses using the disease model zebrafish allow identification of novel pathways involved in human diseases. ..
- Nath A, Ryu J, Jin Y, Roberts L, Dejam A, Gerszten R, et al. PTPMT1 Inhibition Lowers Glucose through Succinate Dehydrogenase Phosphorylation. Cell Rep. 2015;: pubmed publisher..Therefore, PTPMT1 appears to be an important regulator of SDH phosphorylation status and glucose concentration. ..
- Nissim S, Sherwood R, Wucherpfennig J, Saunders D, Harris J, Esain V, et al. Prostaglandin E2 regulates liver versus pancreas cell-fate decisions and endodermal outgrowth. Dev Cell. 2014;28:423-37 pubmed publisher..This work provides in vivo evidence that PGE2 may act as a morphogen to regulate cell-fate decisions and outgrowth of the embryonic endodermal anlagen. ..
- Muncan V, Faro A, Haramis A, Hurlstone A, Wienholds E, van Es J, et al. T-cell factor 4 (Tcf7l2) maintains proliferative compartments in zebrafish intestine. EMBO Rep. 2007;8:966-73 pubmed..This study underscores the involvement of Tcf4 in maintaining proliferative self-renewal in the intestine throughout life. ..
- Oka T, Nishimura Y, Zang L, Hirano M, Shimada Y, Wang Z, et al. Diet-induced obesity in zebrafish shares common pathophysiological pathways with mammalian obesity. BMC Physiol. 2010;10:21 pubmed publisher..The DIO zebrafish can be used to identify putative pharmacological targets and to test novel drugs for the treatment of human obesity. ..
- Shieh Y, Chang Y, Hong J, Chen L, Jou L, Hsu C, et al. Increase of hepatic fat accumulation by liver specific expression of Hepatitis B virus X protein in zebrafish. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2010;1801:721-30 pubmed publisher..In addition, GBXs with transmissible NASH-like phenotypes provide a promising model for studying liver disease. ..
- Chen Y, Wu B, Chu C, Cheng C, Han H, Chen G, et al. Identification and characterization of alternative promoters of zebrafish Rtn-4/Nogo genes in cultured cells and zebrafish embryos. Nucleic Acids Res. 2010;38:4635-50 pubmed publisher..These data demonstrate that zebrafish Rtn4/Nogo transcripts might be generated by coupling mechanisms of alternative first exons and alternative promoter usage. ..
- Fraenkel P, Gibert Y, Holzheimer J, Lattanzi V, Burnett S, Dooley K, et al. Transferrin-a modulates hepcidin expression in zebrafish embryos. Blood. 2009;113:2843-50 pubmed publisher..These data indicate that transferrin-a transports iron and that hepcidin expression is regulated by a transferrin-a-dependent pathway in the zebrafish embryo. ..
- Hughes A, Piontkivska H. Evolutionary diversification of the avian fatty acid-binding proteins. Gene. 2011;490:1-5 pubmed publisher..The chicken genome encodes two liver-expressed FABPs: (1) L-FABP or FABP1; and (2) Lb-FABP...
- Cheng P, Lin C, Wu C, Lu Y, Lin C, Chung C, et al. Zebrafish cdx1b regulates expression of downstream factors of Nodal signaling during early endoderm formation. Development. 2008;135:941-52 pubmed publisher..This study underscores a novel role of zebrafish cdx1b in the development of different digestive organs compared with its mammalian homologs. ..
- Yuan H, Wen B, Liu X, Gao C, Yang R, Wang L, et al. CCAAT/enhancer-binding protein Î± is required for hepatic outgrowth via the p53 pathway in zebrafish. Sci Rep. 2015;5:15838 pubmed publisher..Thus, our findings for the first time demonstrate a stage-specific role for C/ebpÎ± during liver organogenesis. ..
- Thirumaran A, Wright J. Fatty acid-binding protein (fabp) genes of spotted green pufferfish (Tetraodon nigroviridis): comparative genomics and spatial transcriptional regulation. Genome. 2014;57:289-301 pubmed publisher..The differential tissue-specific distribution of pufferfish fabp transcripts suggests divergent spatial regulation of duplicated pairs of fabp genes. ..
- Jiang F, Chen J, Ma X, Huang C, Zhu S, Wang F, et al. Analysis of mutants from a genetic screening reveals the control of intestine and liver development by many common genes in zebrafish. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2015;460:838-44 pubmed publisher..for RNA whole mount in situ hybridization with a cocktail probe of the intestine marker ifabp and the liver marker lfabp to check phenotypes and determine their parental heterozygosis...
- Ettl A, Holzschuh J, Driever W. The zebrafish mutation m865 affects formation of dopaminergic neurons and neuronal survival, and maps to a genetic interval containing the sepiapterin reductase locus. Anat Embryol (Berl). 2006;211 Suppl 1:73-86 pubmed
- Parmar M, Venkatachalam A, Wright J. Comparative genomics and evolutionary diversification of the duplicated fabp6a and fabp6b genes in medaka and three-spined stickleback. Comp Biochem Physiol Part D Genomics Proteomics. 2012;7:311-21 pubmed publisher..However, the tissue-specific regulation of the fabp6b gene has diverged markedly in medaka and three-spined stickleback since the duplication of the fabp6 gene. ..
- Zhang W, Zhang Y, Zhang H, Wang J, Cui R, Dai J. Sex differences in transcriptional expression of FABPs in zebrafish liver after chronic perfluorononanoic acid exposure. Environ Sci Technol. 2012;46:5175-82 pubmed publisher..The results indicated that PFNA exposure caused opposite adverse effects on liver TG levels between the sexes in zebrafish possibly due to the opposite expression of FABPs and its upstream genes. ..