Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: fabp11a
Description: fatty acid binding protein 11a
Alias: fabp11, zgc:103587, fatty acid binding protein 11a, fabp4, fatty acid binding protein 11, fatty acid-binding protein H6, peripheral myelin protein 2
- Gonzaga Jauregui C, Harel T, Gambin T, Kousi M, Griffin L, Francescatto L, et al. Exome Sequence Analysis Suggests that Genetic Burden Contributes to Phenotypic Variability and Complex Neuropathy. Cell Rep. 2015;12:1169-83 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggest that the combinatorial effect of rare variants contributes to disease burden and variable expressivity. ..
- Parmar M, Venkatachalam A, Wright J. The evolutionary relationship of the transcriptionally active fabp11a (intronless) and fabp11b genes of medaka with fabp11 genes of other teleost fishes. FEBS J. 2012;279:2310-21 pubmed publisherHere we describe the structure of the fatty acid-binding protein 11a and 11b genes (fabp11a and fabp11b) in medaka, and their evolutionary relationship to fabp11 genes from other teleost fishes...
- Jeon H, Choi H, Lee Y, Hwang J, Lee O, Seo M, et al. Seapolynol Extracted from Ecklonia cava Inhibits Adipocyte Differentiation in Vitro and Decreases Fat Accumulation in Vivo. Molecules. 2015;20:21715-31 pubmed publisher..Our study suggests that SN may be an edible agent that can play a positive role in prevention of metabolic disorders. ..
- Wiweger M, de Andrea C, Scheepstra K, Zhao Z, Hogendoorn P. Possible effects of EXT2 on mesenchymal differentiation--lessons from the zebrafish. Orphanet J Rare Dis. 2014;9:35 pubmed publisher..Our observations in the ext2-null fish might explain the musculoskeletal defects that are often observed in MO patients. ..
- Lee Y, Choi H, Seo M, Jeon H, Kim K, Lee B. Kaempferol suppresses lipid accumulation by inhibiting early adipogenesis in 3T3-L1 cells and zebrafish. Food Funct. 2015;6:2824-33 pubmed publisher..These results were supported in zebrafish based on the decrease in lipid accumulation and expression of adipogenic factors. Our results indicated that kaempferol might have an anti-obesity effect by regulating lipid metabolism. ..
- Suh H, Cho S, Kim E, Choi H. Blockade of lipid accumulation by silibinin in adipocytes and zebrafish. Chem Biol Interact. 2015;227:53-62 pubmed publisher..receptor Î³ (PPARÎ³), CCAAT-enhancer binding protein Î± (C/EBPÎ±), and fatty acid-binding protein 4 (FABP4)...
- Seo M, Choi H, Jeon H, Woo M, Lee B. Baicalein inhibits lipid accumulation by regulating early adipogenesis and m-TOR signaling. Food Chem Toxicol. 2014;67:57-64 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest that baicalein inhibits lipid accumulation by controlling the cell cycle and m-TOR signaling in 3T3-L1 cells, and its anti-adipogenic effect was found in a zebrafish model. ..
- Zhang W, Zhang Y, Zhang H, Wang J, Cui R, Dai J. Sex differences in transcriptional expression of FABPs in zebrafish liver after chronic perfluorononanoic acid exposure. Environ Sci Technol. 2012;46:5175-82 pubmed publisher..The results indicated that PFNA exposure caused opposite adverse effects on liver TG levels between the sexes in zebrafish possibly due to the opposite expression of FABPs and its upstream genes. ..
- Thirumaran A, Wright J. Fatty acid-binding protein (fabp) genes of spotted green pufferfish (Tetraodon nigroviridis): comparative genomics and spatial transcriptional regulation. Genome. 2014;57:289-301 pubmed publisher..The differential tissue-specific distribution of pufferfish fabp transcripts suggests divergent spatial regulation of duplicated pairs of fabp genes. ..
- Choi H, Jeon H, Lee O, Lee B. Indole-3-carbinol, a vegetable phytochemical, inhibits adipogenesis by regulating cell cycle and AMPK? signaling. Biochimie. 2014;104:127-36 pubmed publisher..In addition, an anti-adipogenic effect of I3C was found in zebrafish study. Our data suggest that vegetables-derived I3C could reduce lipid accumulation via various molecular mechanisms in cell. ..
- Fraher D, Ellis M, Morrison S, McGee S, Ward A, Walder K, et al. Lipid Abundance in Zebrafish Embryos Is Regulated by Complementary Actions of the Endocannabinoid System and Retinoic Acid Pathway. Endocrinology. 2015;156:3596-609 pubmed publisher..Our study shows for the first time that the RA and ECS pathways have additive function in lipid abundance during vertebrate development. ..
- Venkatachalam A, Lall S, Denovan Wright E, Wright J. Tissue-specific differential induction of duplicated fatty acid-binding protein genes by the peroxisome proliferator, clofibrate, in zebrafish (Danio rerio). BMC Evol Biol. 2012;12:112 pubmed publisher..1/fabp1b.2, fabp7a/fabp7b, fabp10a/fabp10b and fabp11a/fabp11b in zebrafish fed different concentrations of clofibrate.
- Tingaud Sequeira A, Knoll Gellida A, André M, Babin P. Vitellogenin expression in white adipose tissue in female teleost fish. Biol Reprod. 2012;86:38 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that WAT Vtg is implicated in providing components to the ovary during the early stages of vitellogenesis. ..
- Zhang J, Qi J, Wu S, Peng L, Shi Y, Yang J, et al. Fatty Acid Binding Protein 11a Is Required for Brain Vessel Integrity in Zebrafish. Front Physiol. 2017;8:214 pubmed publisher..In the present study, we found that fabp11a, the ortholog of mammalian FABP4, was highly expressed in developing brain vessels of zebrafish...
- Minchin J, Dahlman I, Harvey C, Mejhert N, Singh M, Epstein J, et al. Plexin D1 determines body fat distribution by regulating the type V collagen microenvironment in visceral adipose tissue. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2015;112:4363-8 pubmed publisher..Together, our findings identify Plxnd1 as a novel regulator of VAT growth, body fat distribution, and insulin sensitivity in both zebrafish and humans. ..
- Landgraf K, Schuster S, Meusel A, Garten A, Riemer T, Schleinitz D, et al. Short-term overfeeding of zebrafish with normal or high-fat diet as a model for the development of metabolically healthy versus unhealthy obesity. BMC Physiol. 2017;17:4 pubmed publisher..Our results indicate that zebrafish represents an attractive model to study regulatory mechanisms involved in the determination of AT phenotype during development of metabolically healthy versus metabolically unhealthy obesity. ..
- Chun H, Shin S, Ahn S, Shin D, Choi S, Ahn J, et al. KR-62980 suppresses lipid metabolism through inhibition of cytosolic NADP isocitrate dehydrogenase in zebrafish. Zebrafish. 2014;11:122-8 pubmed publisher..Further, KR-62980 substantially suppressed cICDH in adipocytes and zebrafish. These results suggest that cICDH may be one of the targets of KR-62980 responsible for weight gain and adipogenesis. ..
- Laprairie R, Denovan Wright E, Wright J. Differential regulation of the duplicated fabp7, fabp10 and fabp11 genes of zebrafish by peroxisome proliferator activated receptors. Comp Biochem Physiol B Biochem Mol Biol. 2017;213:81-90 pubmed publisher..Here, we describe the regulation at the duplicated zebrafish fabp7a/fabp7b, fabp10a/fabp10b and fabp11a/fabp11b gene promoters...