Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: fabp10a
Description: fatty acid binding protein 10a, liver basic
Alias: L-FABP, Lb-FABP, Lfabp, Zf-FABP10, fabp10, z-L-BABP, zgc:103719, zgc:92741, fatty acid-binding protein 10-A, liver basic, L-BABP, fatty acid binding protein 10, liver basic, fatty acid-binding protein 10, fatty acid-binding protein, liver, liver bile acid-binding protein, liver-type FABP, liver-type fatty acid binding protein, small cytosolic protein involved in lipid transport and metabolism, zf-Lb-FABP
- Sharma M, Liu R, Thisse C, Thisse B, Denovan Wright E, Wright J. Hierarchical subfunctionalization of fabp1a, fabp1b and fabp10 tissue-specific expression may account for retention of these duplicated genes in the zebrafish (Danio rerio) genome. FEBS J. 2006;273:3216-29 pubmed..The paralogous fabp10 gene encoding basic L-FABP, found to date in only nonmammalian vertebrates, was assigned to zebrafish linkage ..
- Dong P, Munson C, Norton W, Crosnier C, Pan X, Gong Z, et al. Fgf10 regulates hepatopancreatic ductal system patterning and differentiation. Nat Genet. 2007;39:397-402 pubmed..These data shed light onto how the multipotent cells of the foregut endoderm, and subsequently those of the hepatopancreatic duct, are directed toward different organ fates. ..
- Li Z, Huang X, Zhan H, Zeng Z, Li C, Spitsbergen J, et al. Inducible and repressable oncogene-addicted hepatocellular carcinoma in Tet-on xmrk transgenic zebrafish. J Hepatol. 2012;56:419-25 pubmed publisher..It provides clear evidence for the requirement of only a single oncogene for HCC initiation and maintenance and is thus a convenient model for further investigation of oncogene addiction and future anti-cancer drug screening. ..
- Farooq M, Sulochana K, Pan X, To J, Sheng D, Gong Z, et al. Histone deacetylase 3 (hdac3) is specifically required for liver development in zebrafish. Dev Biol. 2008;317:336-53 pubmed publisher..These results revealed a novel and specific role of hdac3 in liver development and the distinct functions between hdac1 and hdac3 in zebrafish embryonic development. ..
- Nguyen A, Emelyanov A, Koh C, Spitsbergen J, Parinov S, Gong Z. An inducible kras(V12) transgenic zebrafish model for liver tumorigenesis and chemical drug screening. Dis Model Mech. 2012;5:63-72 pubmed publisher..The system consisted of two transgenic lines: the liver-driver line had a liver-specific fabp10 promoter to produce the LexPR chimeric transactivator, and the Ras-effector line contained a LexA-binding site to ..
- Niu X, Gao C, Jan Lo L, Luo Y, Meng C, Hong J, et al. Sec13 safeguards the integrity of the endoplasmic reticulum and organogenesis of the digestive system in zebrafish. Dev Biol. 2012;367:197-207 pubmed publisher..Our data provide the first direct genetic evidence that COPII function is essential for the organogenesis of the digestive system...
- Passeri M, Cinaroglu A, Gao C, Sadler K. Hepatic steatosis in response to acute alcohol exposure in zebrafish requires sterol regulatory element binding protein activation. Hepatology. 2009;49:443-52 pubmed publisher..Srebp activation is required for steatosis in this model. The tractability of zebrafish genetics provides a valuable tool for dissecting the molecular pathogenesis of acute ALD. ..
- Hozumi S, Hirabayashi R, Yoshizawa A, Ogata M, Ishitani T, Tsutsumi M, et al. DEAD-box protein Ddx46 is required for the development of the digestive organs and brain in zebrafish. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e33675 pubmed publisher..Therefore, our results suggest a model in which zebrafish Ddx46 is required for the development of the digestive organs and brain, possibly through the control of pre-mRNA splicing. ..
- Choi T, Ninov N, Stainier D, Shin D. Extensive conversion of hepatic biliary epithelial cells to hepatocytes after near total loss of hepatocytes in zebrafish. Gastroenterology. 2014;146:776-88 pubmed publisher..To investigate this issue, we established a zebrafish model of liver regeneration in which the extent of hepatocyte ablation can be controlled...
- Rekha R, Amali A, Her G, Yeh Y, Gong H, Hu S, et al. Thioacetamide accelerates steatohepatitis, cirrhosis and HCC by expressing HCV core protein in transgenic zebrafish Danio rerio. Toxicology. 2008;243:11-22 pubmed
- Goessling W, North T, Lord A, Ceol C, Lee S, Weidinger G, et al. APC mutant zebrafish uncover a changing temporal requirement for wnt signaling in liver development. Dev Biol. 2008;320:161-74 pubmed publisher..These studies reveal an important and time-dependent role for wnt signaling during liver development and regeneration. ..
- Chen J, Ruan H, Ng S, Gao C, Soo H, Wu W, et al. Loss of function of def selectively up-regulates Delta113p53 expression to arrest expansion growth of digestive organs in zebrafish. Genes Dev. 2005;19:2900-11 pubmed
- Her G, Yeh Y, Wu J. 435-bp liver regulatory sequence in the liver fatty acid binding protein (L-FABP) gene is sufficient to modulate liver regional expression in transgenic zebrafish. Dev Dyn. 2003;227:347-56 pubmed
- Li Z, Zheng W, Wang Z, Zeng Z, Zhan H, Li C, et al. A transgenic zebrafish liver tumor model with inducible Myc expression reveals conserved Myc signatures with mammalian liver tumors. Dis Model Mech. 2013;6:414-23 pubmed publisher..Thus, our zebrafish model demonstrated the conserved role of Myc in promoting hepatocarcinogenesis in all vertebrate species. ..
- Imrie D, Sadler K. White adipose tissue development in zebrafish is regulated by both developmental time and fish size. Dev Dyn. 2010;239:3013-23 pubmed publisher..6 mm standard length contained the adult repertoire of WAT depots. Pancreatic, esophageal, and subcutaneous WAT appearance correlated with size, not age, as found for other features appearing during postembryonic zebrafish development. ..
- Yin L, Maddison L, Li M, Kara N, LaFave M, Varshney G, et al. Multiplex Conditional Mutagenesis Using Transgenic Expression of Cas9 and sgRNAs. Genetics. 2015;200:431-41 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggest that CRISPR/Cas9-based conditional mutagenesis in zebrafish is not only feasible but rapid and straightforward. ..
- He J, Lu H, Zou Q, Luo L. Regeneration of liver after extreme hepatocyte loss occurs mainly via biliary transdifferentiation in zebrafish. Gastroenterology. 2014;146:789-800.e8 pubmed publisher..Hepatocytes of the Tg(lfabp:mCherry-NTR)(cq2) animals were ablated by the administration of metronidazole...
- Li Y, Chiang K, Li Y, Wu S, Liu W, Lin C, et al. MiR-145 mediates zebrafish hepatic outgrowth through progranulin A signaling. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0177887 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, our findings suggest an important role of miR-145 in regulating GrnA-dependent hepatic outgrowth in zebrafish embryonic development. ..
- Parmar M, Wright J. Comparative genomic organization and tissue-specific transcription of the duplicated fabp7 and fabp10 genes in teleost fishes. Genome. 2013;56:691-701 pubmed publisher..The tissue-specific distribution of fabp7a, fabp7b, fabp10a, and fabp10b transcripts provides evidence of diverged spatial transcriptional regulation between ohnologous gene ..
- Lin H, Zhou Z, Zhong W, Huang P, Ma N, Zhang Y, et al. Naringenin inhibits alcoholic injury by improving lipid metabolism and reducing apoptosis in zebrafish larvae. Oncol Rep. 2017;38:2877-2884 pubmed publisher..and the expression of alcohol and lipid metabolism-related genes, including cyp2y3, cyp3a65, hmgcra, hmgcrb, fasn, fabp10?, fads2 and echs1, in zebrafish larvae...
- Cui J, Sim T, Gong Z, Shen H. Generation of transgenic zebrafish with liver-specific expression of EGFP-Lc3: a new in vivo model for investigation of liver autophagy. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2012;422:268-73 pubmed publisher..Thus, the newly established transgenic line will be a useful in vivo model to investigate liver autophagy, and, in particular, the involvement of autophagy in basic biology and diseases in the liver. ..
- Cheung I, Bagnat M, Ma T, Datta A, Evason K, Moore J, et al. Regulation of intrahepatic biliary duct morphogenesis by Claudin 15-like b. Dev Biol. 2012;361:68-78 pubmed publisher..Thus, cldn15lb mutants provide a novel in vivo model to study the role of tight junction proteins in the remodeling of the biliary network and hereditary cholestasis. ..
- Hu M, Bai Y, Zhang C, Liu F, Cui Z, Chen J, et al. Liver-Enriched Gene 1, a Glycosylated Secretory Protein, Binds to FGFR and Mediates an Anti-stress Pathway to Protect Liver Development in Zebrafish. PLoS Genet. 2016;12:e1005881 pubmed publisher..Therefore, Leg1 plays a unique role in protecting liver development under different stress conditions by serving as a secreted signaling molecule/modulator. ..
- Landgraf K, Strobach A, Kiess W, Körner A. Loss of mtch2 function impairs early development of liver, intestine and visceral adipocytes in zebrafish larvae. FEBS Lett. 2016;590:2852-61 pubmed publisher..The findings indicate an essential role for mtch2 during organ development and adipogenesis in vivo. ..
- Li Y, Farooq M, Sheng D, Chandramouli C, Lan T, Mahajan N, et al. Augmenter of liver regeneration (alr) promotes liver outgrowth during zebrafish hepatogenesis. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e30835 pubmed publisher..The dose-dependent and partial suppression of alr expression through MO-mediated knockdown allows the identification of its late developmental role in vertebrate liver organogenesis. ..
- Shtraizent N, DeRossi C, Nayar S, Sachidanandam R, Katz L, Prince A, et al. MPI depletion enhances O-GlcNAcylation of p53 and suppresses the Warburg effect. elife. 2017;6: pubmed publisher..This work provides mechanistic evidence by which MPI loss induces p53, and identifies MPI as a novel regulator of p53 and Warburg metabolism. ..
- Cox A, Saunders D, Kelsey P, Conway A, Tesmenitsky Y, Marchini J, et al. S-nitrosothiol signaling regulates liver development and improves outcome following toxic liver injury. Cell Rep. 2014;6:56-69 pubmed publisher..These studies demonstrate that GSNOR inhibitors will be beneficial therapeutic candidates for treating liver injury...
- Venkatachalam A, Lall S, Denovan Wright E, Wright J. Tissue-specific differential induction of duplicated fatty acid-binding protein genes by the peroxisome proliferator, clofibrate, in zebrafish (Danio rerio). BMC Evol Biol. 2012;12:112 pubmed publisher..1/fabp1b.2, fabp7a/fabp7b, fabp10a/fabp10b and fabp11a/fabp11b in zebrafish fed different concentrations of clofibrate.
- Liu N, Li Z, Pei D, Shu X. Zfyve9a regulates the proliferation of hepatic cells during zebrafish embryogenesis. Int J Dev Biol. 2013;57:773-8 pubmed publisher..We analyzed the expression patterns of liver (cp and fabp10a), pancreas (trypsin and insulin) or gut (fabp2) specific markers to determine whether the formation of these ..
- Hong N, Li M, Zeng Z, Yi M, Deng J, Gui J, et al. Accessibility of host cell lineages to medaka stem cells depends on genetic background and irradiation of recipient embryos. Cell Mol Life Sci. 2010;67:1189-1202 pubmed..Our findings underscore the importance of host genotypes for interpreting donor cell pluripotency and for improving ES-derived chimera production...
- Driessen M, Kienhuis A, Pennings J, Pronk T, van de Brandhof E, Roodbergen M, et al. Exploring the zebrafish embryo as an alternative model for the evaluation of liver toxicity by histopathology and expression profiling. Arch Toxicol. 2013;87:807-23 pubmed publisher..This supports the applicability of the whole ZFE model for compound-induced hepatotoxicity screening. ..
- Wu J, Choi T, Shin D. tomm22 Knockdown-Mediated Hepatocyte Damages Elicit Both the Formation of Hybrid Hepatocytes and Biliary Conversion to Hepatocytes in Zebrafish Larvae. Gene Expr. 2017;17:237-249 pubmed publisher..This new liver injury model in which both hepatocytes and BECs contribute to regenerated hepatocytes will aid in better understanding the mechanisms of innate liver regeneration in the diseased liver. ..
- Bian Y, Xu C, Li J, Xu J, Zhang H, Du S. Development of a transgenic zebrafish model expressing GFP in the notochord, somite and liver directed by the hfe2 gene promoter. Transgenic Res. 2011;20:787-98 pubmed publisher..Moreover, the Tg(hfe2:gfp) transgenic zebrafish line provides a useful model system for analyzing liver development in zebrafish. ..
- Howarth D, Yin C, Yeh K, Sadler K. Defining hepatic dysfunction parameters in two models of fatty liver disease in zebrafish larvae. Zebrafish. 2013;10:199-210 pubmed publisher..This study provides a panel of parameters to assess liver disease that can be easily applied to zebrafish mutants, transgenics, and for drug screening in which liver function is an important consideration. ..
- Chew T, Liu X, Liu L, Spitsbergen J, Gong Z, Low B. Crosstalk of Ras and Rho: activation of RhoA abates Kras-induced liver tumorigenesis in transgenic zebrafish models. Oncogene. 2014;33:2717-27 pubmed publisher..Our results also implicate that activating Rho could be beneficial to suppress the Kras-induced liver malignancies...
- Ouyang M, Garnett A, Han T, Hama K, Lee A, Deng Y, et al. A web based resource characterizing the zebrafish developmental profile of over 16,000 transcripts. Gene Expr Patterns. 2008;8:171-80 pubmed
- Stuckenholz C, Lu L, Thakur P, Choi T, Shin D, Bahary N. Sfrp5 modulates both Wnt and BMP signaling and regulates gastrointestinal organogenesis [corrected] in the zebrafish, Danio rerio. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e62470 pubmed publisher..We show that Sfrp5 inhibits both canonical and non-canonical Wnt signaling during embryonic and endodermal development, resulting in endodermal abnormalities...
- Wang Y, Teng M, Wang D, Yan J, Miao J, Zhou Z, et al. Enantioselective bioaccumulation following exposure of adult zebrafish (Danio rerio) to epoxiconazole and its effects on metabolomic profile as well as genes expression. Environ Pollut. 2017;229:264-271 pubmed publisher..These results will be of great importance in understanding the toxic effects induced by epoxiconazole and provide important basis for its comprehensive environmental assessment. ..
- Huang S, Cheng C, Chen J, Gong H, Liu W, Wu J. Inducible liver-specific overexpression of gankyrin in zebrafish results in spontaneous intrahepatic cholangiocarcinoma and hepatocellular carcinoma formation. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2017;490:1052-1058 pubmed publisher..gankyrin without cancer cell inoculation and drug treatment, we overexpressed gankyrin under the control of the fabp10a promoter. A Tet-Off system was used to drive expression in hepatocytes...
- Laprairie R, Denovan Wright E, Wright J. Differential regulation of the duplicated fabp7, fabp10 and fabp11 genes of zebrafish by peroxisome proliferator activated receptors. Comp Biochem Physiol B Biochem Mol Biol. 2017;213:81-90 pubmed publisher..Here, we describe the regulation at the duplicated zebrafish fabp7a/fabp7b, fabp10a/fabp10b and fabp11a/fabp11b gene promoters...
- Zhan H, Spitsbergen J, Qing W, Wu Y, Paul T, Casey J, et al. Transgenic expression of walleye dermal sarcoma virus rv-cyclin gene in zebrafish and its suppressive effect on liver tumor development after carcinogen treatment. Mar Biotechnol (NY). 2010;12:640-9 pubmed publisher..A or rv-cyclin), was expressed in the livers of zebrafish under the control of liver fatty acid-binding protein (lfabp) promoter...
- Yan C, Yang Q, Shen H, Spitsbergen J, Gong Z. Chronically high level of tgfb1a induction causes both hepatocellular carcinoma and cholangiocarcinoma via a dominant Erk pathway in zebrafish. Oncotarget. 2017;8:77096-77109 pubmed publisher..These findings pinpointed the novel role of Tgfb1 as a central regulator in the two major types of liver cancers, which was also supported by human liver disease samples. ..
- Yang S, Aw S, Chang C, Korzh S, Korzh V, Peng J. Depletion of Bhmt elevates sonic hedgehog transcript level and increases ?-cell number in zebrafish. Endocrinology. 2011;152:4706-17 pubmed publisher..Therefore, although there are still many intriguing questions to be answered, our finding may identify a novel function for Bhmt involving modulation of Shh signaling to control ?-cell development. ..
- Lauinger I, Vivas L, Perozzo R, Stairiker C, Tarun A, Zloh M, et al. Potential of lichen secondary metabolites against Plasmodium liver stage parasites with FAS-II as the potential target. J Nat Prod. 2013;76:1064-70 pubmed publisher..This study indicates the therapeutic and prophylactic potential of lichen metabolites as antibacterial and antiplasmodial agents. ..
- Hong S, Dawid I. Alpha2 macroglobulin-like is essential for liver development in zebrafish. PLoS ONE. 2008;3:e3736 pubmed publisher..This report on A2ML function in zebrafish development provides the first evidence for a specific role of an A2M family gene in liver formation during early embryogenesis in a vertebrate. ..
- Karanth S, Zinkhan E, Hill J, Yost H, Schlegel A. FOXN3 Regulates Hepatic Glucose Utilization. Cell Rep. 2016;15:2745-55 pubmed publisher..Human FOXN3 binds DNA sequences in the human MYC and zebrafish mycb loci. We conclude that the rs8004664 risk allele drives excessive expression of FOXN3 during fasting and that FOXN3 regulates fasting blood glucose. ..
- Liu Y, Wang J, Wei Y, Zhang H, Xu M, Dai J. Induction of time-dependent oxidative stress and related transcriptional effects of perfluorododecanoic acid in zebrafish liver. Aquat Toxicol. 2008;89:242-50 pubmed publisher..These results demonstrate that turbulence of fatty acid beta-oxidation and oxidative stress responses were involved in the PFDoA-induced hepatotoxicity. ..
- Capaldi S, Guariento M, Saccomani G, Fessas D, Perduca M, Monaco H. A single amino acid mutation in zebrafish (Danio rerio) liver bile acid-binding protein can change the stoichiometry of ligand binding. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:31008-18 pubmed..Isothermal titration calorimetry has also revealed the presence in the wild type protein and the G55R mutant of an additional binding site, different from the first and probably located on the surface of the molecule. ..
- Minchin J, Williams V, Hinits Y, Low S, Tandon P, Fan C, et al. Oesophageal and sternohyal muscle fibres are novel Pax3-dependent migratory somite derivatives essential for ingestion. Development. 2013;140:2972-84 pubmed publisher..Together, our data demonstrate Pax3-expressing somite cells as a source of OSM and SHM fibres, and highlight a conserved role of Pax3 genes in the genesis of these feeding muscles of vertebrates. ..
- Evason K, Francisco M, Juric V, Balakrishnan S, Lopez Pazmino M, Gordan J, et al. Identification of Chemical Inhibitors of Î²-Catenin-Driven Liver Tumorigenesis in Zebrafish. PLoS Genet. 2015;11:e1005305 pubmed publisher..In support of this proposal, we found that amitriptyline decreased tumor burden in a mouse HCC model. Our studies implicate JNK inhibitors and antidepressants as potential therapeutics for Î²-catenin-induced liver tumors. ..
- Wang W, Chen G, Hsu H, Wu C. Aryl hydrocarbon receptor 2 mediates the toxicity of Paclobutrazol on the digestive system of zebrafish embryos. Aquat Toxicol. 2015;159:13-22 pubmed publisher..These findings have implications for understanding the potential toxicity of PBZ during embryogenesis, and thus the potential impact of fungicides on public health and the environment. ..
- Qin W, Chen Z, Zhang Y, Yan R, Yan G, Li S, et al. Nom1 mediates pancreas development by regulating ribosome biogenesis in zebrafish. PLoS ONE. 2014;9:e100796 pubmed publisher..This suggests that targeting Pp1? into the nucleolus by Nom1 is important for pancreatic proliferation. Altogether, our studies revealed a new mechanism involving Nom1 in controlling vertebrate exocrine pancreas formation. ..
- Ko S, Choi T, Russell J, So J, Monga S, Shin D. Bromodomain and extraterminal (BET) proteins regulate biliary-driven liver regeneration. J Hepatol. 2016;64:316-325 pubmed publisher..Using Tg(fabp10a:CFP-NTR) zebrafish, we examined the effects of 44 selected compounds on BEC-driven liver regeneration...
- Liu L, Alexa K, Cortes M, Schatzman Bone S, Kim A, Mukhopadhyay B, et al. Cannabinoid receptor signaling regulates liver development and metabolism. Development. 2016;143:609-22 pubmed publisher..Our work describes a novel developmental role for EC signaling, whereby Cnr-mediated regulation of Srebfs and methionine metabolism impacts liver development and function. ..
- Nissim S, Weeks O, Talbot J, Hedgepeth J, Wucherpfennig J, Schatzman Bone S, et al. Iterative use of nuclear receptor Nr5a2 regulates multiple stages of liver and pancreas development. Dev Biol. 2016;418:108-123 pubmed publisher..nr5a2 mutants exhibited reduced hepatoblast markers hnf4? and prox1 as well as differentiated hepatocyte marker fabp10a. Through the first in vivo use of Nr5a2 chemical antagonist Cpd3, the iterative requirement for Nr5a2 for ..
- Chang Y, Ken C, Hsu C, Liu Y. Real time in vivo investigation of superoxide dynamics in zebrafish liver using a single-fiber fluorescent probe. Biomed Opt Express. 2013;4:1702-9 pubmed publisher..These results demonstrate the feasibility of this method for analyzing superoxide dynamics and its potential as an in vivo pharmaceutical screening platform. ..
- Omae M, Takada N, Yamamoto S, Nakajima H, Sato T. Identification of inter-organ vascular network: vessels bridging between organs. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e65720 pubmed publisher..It is also possible that the inter-organ vessels serve as tracks for their connected organs to follow during their growth to establish their relative positions and size differences. ..
- Bagnat M, Cheung I, Mostov K, Stainier D. Genetic control of single lumen formation in the zebrafish gut. Nat Cell Biol. 2007;9:954-60 pubmed..This work shows that single lumen formation is genetically controlled and appears to be driven by the accumulation of fluid. ..
- Liu H, Sheng N, Zhang W, Dai J. Toxic effects of perfluorononanoic acid on the development of Zebrafish (Danio rerio) embryos. J Environ Sci (China). 2015;32:26-34 pubmed publisher..The Quantitative RT-PCR and WISH experiments demonstrated that mRNA expression of the lfabp and ucp2 genes increased significantly while that of sod1 and mt-nd1 decreased significantly after PFNA exposure...
- O Hare E, Yang R, Yerges Armstrong L, Sreenivasan U, McFarland R, Leitch C, et al. TM6SF2 rs58542926 impacts lipid processing in liver and small intestine. Hepatology. 2017;65:1526-1542 pubmed publisher..Hepatology 2017;65:1526-1542). ..
- Hughes A, Piontkivska H. Evolutionary diversification of the avian fatty acid-binding proteins. Gene. 2011;490:1-5 pubmed publisher..We propose that the latter be designated FABP10, because in our phylogenetic analysis it clustered with zebrafish FABP10...
- Zhou W, Hildebrandt F. Inducible podocyte injury and proteinuria in transgenic zebrafish. J Am Soc Nephrol. 2012;23:1039-47 pubmed publisher..These data support the use of these transgenic zebrafish as a model system for studies of glomerular pathogenesis and podocyte regeneration...
- Zhao Y, Qin W, Zhang J, Hu Z, Tong J, Ding C, et al. HCV IRES-mediated core expression in zebrafish. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e56985 pubmed publisher..These findings demonstrate the feasibility of the zebrafish model for screening of anti-HCV drugs targeting to HCV-IRES. The zebrafish system provides a novel evidence of using zebrafish as a HCV model organism. ..
- Tsai S, Liu D, Wang W. Fibroblast growth factor (Fgf) signaling pathway regulates liver homeostasis in zebrafish. Transgenic Res. 2013;22:301-14 pubmed publisher..function of Fgf signaling in the zebrafish liver by expressing a dominant-negative Fgf receptor in hepatocytes (lfabp:dnfgfr1-egfp, lf:dnfr)...
- Cox A, Tsomides A, Kim A, Saunders D, Hwang K, Evason K, et al. Selenoprotein H is an essential regulator of redox homeostasis that cooperates with p53 in development and tumorigenesis. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2016;113:E5562-71 pubmed publisher..Overall, our findings establish that seph regulates redox homeostasis and suppresses DNA damage. We hypothesize that SepH deficiency may contribute to the increased cancer risk observed in cohorts with low selenium levels. ..
- Liu L, Fox C, North T, Goessling W. Functional validation of GWAS gene candidates for abnormal liver function during zebrafish liver development. Dis Model Mech. 2013;6:1271-8 pubmed publisher..Our analysis can be extended to GWAS for additional disease-associated phenotypes...
- Faro A, Boj S, Ambrósio R, van den Broek O, Korving J, Clevers H. T-cell factor 4 (tcf7l2) is the main effector of Wnt signaling during zebrafish intestine organogenesis. Zebrafish. 2009;6:59-68 pubmed publisher..This study reveals that Tcf4 (tcf7l2) is the major effector of Wnt signaling in the intestine during zebrafish organogenesis. ..
- Wilkins B, Lorent K, Matthews R, Pack M. p53-mediated biliary defects caused by knockdown of cirh1a, the zebrafish homolog of the gene responsible for North American Indian Childhood Cirrhosis. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e77670 pubmed publisher..Our data provide the first in vivo evidence of a role for Cirhin in biliary development, and support the hypothesis that congenital defects affecting ribosome biogenesis can activate a cellular stress response mediated by p53. ..