Genomes and Genes
Ets1 related protein
Gene Symbol: Ets1 related protein
Description: ets variant 2
Alias: ets1b, etsrp, wu:fc49b07, zgc:153819, ets variant 2, Ets1-related protein, er71, ets variant gene 2, etsrp71, v-ets erythroblastosis virus E26 oncogene homolog 1b
Products: Ets1 related protein
- Sumanas S, Jorniak T, Lin S. Identification of novel vascular endothelial-specific genes by the microarray analysis of the zebrafish cloche mutants. Blood. 2005;106:534-41 pubmed..admr), complement receptor C1qR-like (crl), scavenger receptor class F, member 1 (scarf1), and ETS1-like protein (etsrp) were specifically expressed in the vascular endothelial cells, while retinol binding protein 4 (rbp4) was ..
- Sumanas S, Lin S. Ets1-related protein is a key regulator of vasculogenesis in zebrafish. PLoS Biol. 2006;4:e10 pubmed..Here we report characterization and functional studies of Etsrp, a novel zebrafish ETS domain protein...
- Xiong J, Yu Q, Zhang J, Mably J. An acyltransferase controls the generation of hematopoietic and endothelial lineages in zebrafish. Circ Res. 2008;102:1057-64 pubmed publisher..Epistasis analysis supports that lycat acts upstream of scl and etsrp in zebrafish hemangioblast development...
- Schoenebeck J, Keegan B, Yelon D. Vessel and blood specification override cardiac potential in anterior mesoderm. Dev Cell. 2007;13:254-67 pubmed..This regulatory relationship between cardiovascular pathways suggests strategies for directing progenitor cell differentiation to facilitate cardiac regeneration. ..
- Neuhaus H, M ller F, Hollemann T. Xenopus er71 is involved in vascular development. Dev Dyn. 2010;239:3436-45 pubmed publisher..Similarly, knock down of the zebrafish homolog of er71, etsrp, greatly affected development of vascular structures and myeloid cells...
- Pham V, Lawson N, Mugford J, Dye L, Castranova D, Lo B, et al. Combinatorial function of ETS transcription factors in the developing vasculature. Dev Biol. 2007;303:772-83 pubmed..to analyze four ETS family members expressed together in the zebrafish vasculature; fli1, fli1b, ets1, and etsrp. We isolated and characterized an ENU-induced mutant with defects in trunk angiogenesis and positionally cloned ..
- De Val S, Chi N, Meadows S, Minovitsky S, Anderson J, Harris I, et al. Combinatorial regulation of endothelial gene expression by ets and forkhead transcription factors. Cell. 2008;135:1053-64 pubmed publisher..Finally, we show that FOX:ETS motifs are present in many known endothelial-specific enhancers and that this motif is an efficient predictor of endothelial enhancers in the human genome. ..
- Butko E, Distel M, Pouget C, Weijts B, Kobayashi I, Ng K, et al. Gata2b is a restricted early regulator of hemogenic endothelium in the zebrafish embryo. Development. 2015;142:1050-61 pubmed publisher..Our results indicate that Gata2b functions within hemogenic endothelium from an early stage, whereas Gata2a functions more broadly throughout the vascular system. ..
- Zhao B, Chun C, Liu Z, Horswill M, Pramanik K, Wilkinson G, et al. Nogo-B receptor is essential for angiogenesis in zebrafish via Akt pathway. Blood. 2010;116:5423-33 pubmed publisher..These data place Akt at the downstream of NgBR in both Nogo-B- and VEGF-coordinated sprouting of ISVs. In summary, this study identifies the in vivo functional role for Nogo-B and its receptor (NgBR) in angiogenesis in zebrafish. ..
- Chen J, He J, Li L, Yang D, Luo L. Cyp2aa9 regulates haematopoietic stem cell development in zebrafish. Sci Rep. 2016;6:26608 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these data indicate that Cyp2aa9 is functional in the step of PGE2 synthesis from PGH2, thus promoting Wnt activation and definitive HSC development. ..
- Helker C, Schuermann A, Karpanen T, Zeuschner D, Belting H, Affolter M, et al. The zebrafish common cardinal veins develop by a novel mechanism: lumen ensheathment. Development. 2013;140:2776-86 pubmed publisher..Our findings not only identify a novel mechanism of vascular lumen formation, but also suggest a new form of developmental crosstalk between hematopoietic and endothelial cell lineages...
- Chang N, Sun C, Gao L, Zhu D, Xu X, Zhu X, et al. Genome editing with RNA-guided Cas9 nuclease in zebrafish embryos. Cell Res. 2013;23:465-72 pubmed publisher..Over 35% of site-specific somatic mutations were found when specific Cas/gRNA was used to target either etsrp, gata4 or gata5 in zebrafish embryos in vivo...
- Huang C, Chen N, Wu X, He Y, Huang C, Liu H, et al. Zebrafish let-7b acts downstream of hypoxia-inducible factor-1? to assist in hypoxia-mediated cell proliferation and cell cycle regulation. Life Sci. 2017;171:21-29 pubmed publisher..We also identified 4 novel potential HIF-1?-regulated miRNAs in zebrafish. ..
- Li L, Chen D, Li J, Wang X, Wang N, Xu C, et al. Aggf1 acts at the top of the genetic regulatory hierarchy in specification of hemangioblasts in zebrafish. Blood. 2014;123:501-8 pubmed publisher..Aggf1 knockdown led to dramatically reduced expression of hemangioblast markers fli1, etsrp, lmo2, and scl, and hematopoietic/endothelial defects in aggf1 morphants were rescued by messenger RNA for scl, ..
- Chou C, Chiu C, Liu Y. Fibronectin mediates correct positioning of the interrenal organ in zebrafish. Dev Dyn. 2013;242:432-43 pubmed publisher..However, how Fn is involved in organ formation of the adrenal gland remains unclear...
- Liang D, Jia W, Li J, Li K, Zhao Q. Retinoic acid signaling plays a restrictive role in zebrafish primitive myelopoiesis. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e30865 pubmed publisher..RA treatment significantly reduces expressions of anterior hemangioblast markers scl, lmo2, gata2 and etsrp in the rostral end of ALPM (anterior lateral plate mesoderm) of the embryos...
- Chun C, Remadevi I, Schupp M, Samant G, Pramanik K, Wilkinson G, et al. Fli+ etsrp+ hemato-vascular progenitor cells proliferate at the lateral plate mesoderm during vasculogenesis in zebrafish. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e14732 pubmed publisher..In this study, we use ets-related protein-1 (etsrp), which is essential for vascular development, to analyze the early stages of vasculogenesis in zebrafish...
- Kohli V, Schumacher J, Desai S, Rehn K, Sumanas S. Arterial and venous progenitors of the major axial vessels originate at distinct locations. Dev Cell. 2013;25:196-206 pubmed publisher..We propose a revised model of arterial-venous differentiation that explains how angioblasts choose between an arterial and venous fate. ..
- Chou C, Hsu H, Quek S, Chan W, Liu Y. Arterial and venous vessels are required for modulating developmental relocalization and laterality of the interrenal tissue in zebrafish. Dev Dyn. 2010;239:1995-2004 pubmed publisher..In ets1b morphants where the midtrunk vasculature failed to assemble, various degrees of interrenal fusion defects were ..
- Rydeen A, Waxman J. Cyp26 enzymes are required to balance the cardiac and vascular lineages within the anterior lateral plate mesoderm. Development. 2014;141:1638-48 pubmed publisher..Our study provides novel insight into the earliest consequences of Cyp26 deficiency that underlie cardiovascular malformations in vertebrate embryos. ..
- Du J, Yang Q, Luo L, Yang D. C1qr and C1qrl redundantly regulate angiogenesis in zebrafish through controlling endothelial Cdh5. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2017;483:482-487 pubmed publisher..These data demonstrate that c1qr and c1qrl redundantly regulate angiogenesis through controlling the expression of the endothelial junctional molecule Cdh5, thus playing an important role in angiogenesis. ..
- Hashiura T, Kimura E, Fujisawa S, Oikawa S, Nonaka S, Kurosaka D, et al. Live imaging of primary ocular vasculature formation in zebrafish. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0176456 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, this new morphological information enables us to assess the entire process of the primary ocular vasculature formation, which will be useful for its precise understanding. ..
- Zhang C, Chen Y, Sun B, Wang L, Yang Y, Ma D, et al. m6A modulates haematopoietic stem and progenitor cell specification. Nature. 2017;549:273-276 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, knockdown of Mettl3 in mice confers a similar phenotype. Collectively, our findings demonstrate the critical function of m6A modification in the fate determination of HSPCs during vertebrate embryogenesis. ..
- Chen D, Li L, Tu X, Yin Z, Wang Q. Functional characterization of Klippel-Trenaunay syndrome gene AGGF1 identifies a novel angiogenic signaling pathway for specification of vein differentiation and angiogenesis during embryogenesis. Hum Mol Genet. 2013;22:963-76 pubmed publisher..We propose that increased AGGF1 expression leads to increased vein differentiation by inducing activation of AKT signaling, resulting in VMs s in KTS patients. ..
- Nicenboim J, Malkinson G, Lupo T, Asaf L, Sela Y, Mayseless O, et al. Lymphatic vessels arise from specialized angioblasts within a venous niche. Nature. 2015;522:56-61 pubmed..More broadly, our findings highlight the cardinal vein as a heterogeneous structure, analogous to the haematopoietic niche in the aortic floor. ..
- Casie Chetty S, Rost M, Enriquez J, Schumacher J, Baltrunaite K, Rossi A, et al. Vegf signaling promotes vascular endothelial differentiation by modulating etv2 expression. Dev Biol. 2017;424:147-161 pubmed publisher..affects overall endothelial differentiation by modulating the expression of the ETS transcription factor etv2/ etsrp. etv2 expression was downregulated in Vegfr- inhibited embryos, and expanded in Vegfaa-overexpressing embryos...
- Veldman M, Zhao C, Gomez G, Lindgren A, Huang H, Yang H, et al. Transdifferentiation of fast skeletal muscle into functional endothelium in vivo by transcription factor Etv2. PLoS Biol. 2013;11:e1001590 pubmed publisherb>Etsrp/Etv2 (Etv2) is an evolutionarily conserved master regulator of vascular development in vertebrates...
- Garnaas M, Moodie K, Liu M, Samant G, Li K, Marx R, et al. Syx, a RhoA guanine exchange factor, is essential for angiogenesis in Vivo. Circ Res. 2008;103:710-6 pubmed publisher..These results identify Syx as an essential contributor to angiogenesis in vivo. ..
- Sorrell M, Dohn T, D Aniello E, Waxman J. Tcf7l1 proteins cell autonomously restrict cardiomyocyte and promote endothelial specification in zebrafish. Dev Biol. 2013;380:199-210 pubmed publisher..This study expands our understanding of the in vivo developmental requirements of Tcf7l1 proteins and the mechanisms directing CM development in vertebrates. ..
- Rowlinson J, Gering M. Hey2 acts upstream of Notch in hematopoietic stem cell specification in zebrafish embryos. Blood. 2010;116:2046-56 pubmed publisher..These results establish an essential role for Hey2 upstream of Notch in HSC formation. ..
- Quillien A, Moore J, Shin M, Siekmann A, Smith T, Pan L, et al. Distinct Notch signaling outputs pattern the developing arterial system. Development. 2014;141:1544-52 pubmed publisher..Together, these findings demonstrate that Notch acts in distinct contexts to initiate and maintain artery identity during embryogenesis. ..
- Wei W, Wen L, Huang P, Zhang Z, Chen Y, Xiao A, et al. Gfi1.1 regulates hematopoietic lineage differentiation during zebrafish embryogenesis. Cell Res. 2008;18:677-85 pubmed publisher..1 plays a critical role in regulating the balance of embryonic erythroid and myeloid lineage determination, and is also required for the differentiation of lymphocytes and granulocytes during zebrafish embryogenesis. ..
- Duong T, Koltowska K, Pichol Thievend C, Le Guen L, Fontaine F, Smith K, et al. VEGFD regulates blood vascular development by modulating SOX18 activity. Blood. 2014;123:1102-12 pubmed publisher..This work suggests that VEGFD-mediated pathologies include or involve an underlying dysregulation of SOXF-mediated transcriptional networks. ..
- Cermenati S, Moleri S, Cimbro S, Corti P, Del Giacco L, Amodeo R, et al. Sox18 and Sox7 play redundant roles in vascular development. Blood. 2008;111:2657-66 pubmed..Our data suggest that a defect in arteriovenous identity could be responsible for the formation of telangiectases in patients with HLT. ..
- Moore J, Sheppard Tindell S, Shestopalov I, Yamazoe S, Chen J, Lawson N. Post-transcriptional mechanisms contribute to Etv2 repression during vascular development. Dev Biol. 2013;384:128-40 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our results suggest that etv2 acts during early development to specify endothelial lineages and is then down-regulated, in part through post-transcriptional repression by microRNAs, to allow normal vascular development. ..
- Baltrunaite K, Craig M, Palencia Desai S, Chaturvedi P, Pandey R, Hegde R, et al. ETS transcription factors Etv2 and Fli1b are required for tumor angiogenesis. Angiogenesis. 2017;20:307-323 pubmed publisherETS transcription factor ETV2/Etsrp functions as a key regulator of embryonic vascular development in multiple vertebrates. However, its role in pathological vascular development has not been previously investigated...
- Covassin L, Siekmann A, Kacergis M, Laver E, Moore J, Villefranc J, et al. A genetic screen for vascular mutants in zebrafish reveals dynamic roles for Vegf/Plcg1 signaling during artery development. Dev Biol. 2009;329:212-26 pubmed publisher..Together our genetic analyses suggest that Vegf/Plcg1 signaling acts at multiple time points and in different signaling contexts to mediate distinct aspects of artery development. ..
- Paffett Lugassy N, Singh R, Nevis K, Guner Ataman B, O Loughlin E, Jahangiri L, et al. Heart field origin of great vessel precursors relies on nkx2.5-mediated vasculogenesis. Nat Cell Biol. 2013;15:1362-9 pubmed publisher..Together, these studies reveal the heart field origin of PAA endothelium and attribute a new vasculogenic function to the cardiac transcription factor Nkx2.5 during great vessel precursor development. ..
- Verma A, Bhattacharya R, Remadevi I, Li K, Pramanik K, Samant G, et al. Endothelial cell-specific chemotaxis receptor (ecscr) promotes angioblast migration during vasculogenesis and enhances VEGF receptor sensitivity. Blood. 2010;115:4614-22 pubmed publisher..We propose that ecscr promotes migration of zebrafish angioblasts by enhancing endothelial kdr sensitivity to VEGF. ..
- Ouyang X, Shestopalov I, Sinha S, Zheng G, Pitt C, Li W, et al. Versatile synthesis and rational design of caged morpholinos. J Am Chem Soc. 2009;131:13255-69 pubmed publisher..Collectively, these advances establish the generality of cMO technologies and will facilitate the application of these chemical probes in vivo for functional genomic studies. ..
- Molina G, Vogt A, Bakan A, Dai W, Queiroz de Oliveira P, Znosko W, et al. Zebrafish chemical screening reveals an inhibitor of Dusp6 that expands cardiac cell lineages. Nat Chem Biol. 2009;5:680-7 pubmed publisher..This study highlights the power of in vivo zebrafish chemical screens to identify new compounds targeting Dusp6, a component of the FGF signaling pathway that has eluded traditional high-throughput in vitro screens...
- Goi M, Childs S. Patterning mechanisms of the sub-intestinal venous plexus in zebrafish. Dev Biol. 2016;409:114-128 pubmed publisher..However Vegf promotes sprouting of the predominantly venous plexus and Bmp promotes outgrowth of the structure. We propose that the SIVP is a unique model to understand novel mechanisms utilized in organ-specific angiogenesis. ..
- Novikov N, Evans T. Tmem88a mediates GATA-dependent specification of cardiomyocyte progenitors by restricting WNT signaling. Development. 2013;140:3787-98 pubmed publisher..Tmem88a is a novel component of the regulatory mechanism controlling the second phase of biphasic WNT activity essential for embryonic cardiogenesis. ..
- Craig M, Grajevskaja V, Liao H, Balciuniene J, Ekker S, Park J, et al. Etv2 and fli1b function together as key regulators of vasculogenesis and angiogenesis. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2015;35:865-76 pubmed publisherThe E26 transformation-specific domain transcription factor Etv2/Etsrp/ER71 is a master regulator of vascular endothelial differentiation during vasculogenesis, although its later role in sprouting angiogenesis remains unknown...
- Takeuchi M, Fuse Y, Watanabe M, Andrea C, Takeuchi M, Nakajima H, et al. LSD1/KDM1A promotes hematopoietic commitment of hemangioblasts through downregulation of Etv2. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2015;112:13922-7 pubmed publisher..Surprisingly, the hematopoietic defects in lsd1(it627) embryos were rescued by the gene knockdown of the Ets variant 2 gene (etv2), an essential regulator for vasculogenesis...
- Veldman M, Lin S. Etsrp/Etv2 is directly regulated by Foxc1a/b in the zebrafish angioblast. Circ Res. 2012;110:220-9 pubmed publisher..The transcription factor etsrp/etv2 is at the top of the known genetic hierarchy for angioblast development...
- Patterson L, Patient R. The "Ets" factor: vessel formation in zebrafish--the missing link?. PLoS Biol. 2006;4:e24 pubmed
- Abrial M, Paffett Lugassy N, Jeffrey S, Jordan D, O Loughlin E, Frederick C, et al. TGF-? Signaling Is Necessary and Sufficient for Pharyngeal Arch Artery Angioblast Formation. Cell Rep. 2017;20:973-983 pubmed publisher..More broadly, these data uncover TGF-? as a rare signaling pathway that is necessary and sufficient for angioblast lineage commitment. ..
- Lamont R, Wu C, Ryu J, Vu W, Davari P, Sobering R, et al. The LIM-homeodomain transcription factor Islet2a promotes angioblast migration. Dev Biol. 2016;414:181-92 pubmed publisher..Thus Isl2a may act as an intermediate between Notch signaling and genetic programs controlling angioblast number and migration, placing it as a novel transcriptional regulator of early angiogenesis. ..
- Veldman M, Rios Galdamez Y, Lu X, Gu X, Qin W, Li S, et al. The N17 domain mitigates nuclear toxicity in a novel zebrafish Huntington's disease model. Mol Neurodegener. 2015;10:67 pubmed publisher..Future experiments will be focused on identifying genetic modifiers, mechanisms and therapeutics that alleviate polyQ aggregation in the nucleus of neurons. ..
- Lai J, Tsai S, Tu H, Chen W, Kou F, Lu J, et al. Zebrafish WNK lysine deficient protein kinase 1 (wnk1) affects angiogenesis associated with VEGF signaling. PLoS ONE. 2014;9:e106129 pubmed publisher..Thus, the Vegf/Vegfr signaling pathway controls angiogenesis in zebrafish via Akt kinase-mediated phosphorylation and activation of Wnk1 as well as transcriptional regulation of wnk1 expression. ..
- Proulx K, Lu A, Sumanas S. Cranial vasculature in zebrafish forms by angioblast cluster-derived angiogenesis. Dev Biol. 2010;348:34-46 pubmed publisher..To determine how angioblasts assemble into cranial vasculature, we generated an etsrp:GFP transgenic line in which GFP reporter is expressed under the promoter control of an early regulator of ..
- Li J, Li K, Dong X, Liang D, Zhao Q. Ncor1 and Ncor2 play essential but distinct roles in zebrafish primitive myelopoiesis. Dev Dyn. 2014;243:1544-53 pubmed publisher..ncor2 could parallel with tal1/lmo2 and acted upstream of spi1b to produce mature macrophages and neutrophils during primitive myelopoiesis. The role of ncor1 in zebrafish myelopoiesis could be substituted by excessive Tal1/Lmo2. ..
- Meng Z, Liu W, Xia Y, Yin H, Zhang C, Su D, et al. The pro-inflammatory signalling regulator Stat4 promotes vasculogenesis of great vessels derived from endothelial precursors. Nat Commun. 2017;8:14640 pubmed publisher..Altogether, our study establishes a role for Stat4 in zebrafish great vessel development, and suggests that Stat4 may serve as a therapeutic target for GV defects. ..
- Glenn N, Schumacher J, Kim H, Zhao E, Skerniskyte J, Sumanas S. Distinct regulation of the anterior and posterior myeloperoxidase expression by Etv2 and Gata1 during primitive Granulopoiesis in zebrafish. Dev Biol. 2014;393:149-159 pubmed publisher..An ETS-family transcription factor Etsrp/Etv2/ER71 has been implicated in vasculogenesis and hematopoiesis in multiple vertebrates...
- Paik E, Zon L. Hematopoietic development in the zebrafish. Int J Dev Biol. 2010;54:1127-37 pubmed publisher..In this review, we will summarize hematopoiesis in the zebrafish and discuss how genetic approaches using the zebrafish system have helped to build our current knowledge in the field of hematopoiesis. ..