Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: esr1
Description: estrogen receptor 1
Alias: ER[a], ESR, NR3A1, eralpha, zfER[a], estrogen receptor, ER-alpha, estradiol receptor, estrogen receptor alpha, nuclear receptor subfamily 3 group A member 1
- Mouriec K, Lareyre J, Tong S, Le Page Y, Vaillant C, Pellegrini E, et al. Early regulation of brain aromatase (cyp19a1b) by estrogen receptors during zebrafish development. Dev Dyn. 2009;238:2641-51 pubmed publisher..quantitative reverse transcriptase-polymerase chain reaction (RT-PCR), a significant increase in the expression of esr1, esr2a, and esr2b was observed between 24 and 48 hours postfertilization (hpf)...
- Costache A, Pullela P, Kasha P, Tomasiewicz H, Sem D. Homology-modeled ligand-binding domains of zebrafish estrogen receptors alpha, beta1, and beta2: from in silico to in vivo studies of estrogen interactions in Danio rerio as a model system. Mol Endocrinol. 2005;19:2979-90 pubmed..end, fluorescently tagged estradiol was docked into zfERalpha and found to bind in the same manner as in human ERalpha, with fluorescein preferentially occupying a region between helices 11 and 12...
- Sassi Messai S, Gibert Y, Bernard L, Nishio S, Ferri Lagneau K, Molina J, et al. The phytoestrogen genistein affects zebrafish development through two different pathways. PLoS ONE. 2009;4:e4935 pubmed publisher..However, we show in vitro, that genistein binds and activates the three zebrafish estrogen receptors ERalpha, ERbeta-A and ERbeta-B...
- Notch E, Mayer G. Efficacy of pharmacological estrogen receptor antagonists in blocking activation of zebrafish estrogen receptors. Gen Comp Endocrinol. 2011;173:183-9 pubmed publisherA variety of pharmacological agonists, antagonists and selective estrogen receptor modulators (SERM) have been used to better understand the role of specific receptors in various physiological processes...
- Cosnefroy A, Brion F, Maillot Marechal E, Porcher J, Pakdel F, Balaguer P, et al. Selective activation of zebrafish estrogen receptor subtypes by chemicals by using stable reporter gene assay developed in a zebrafish liver cell line. Toxicol Sci. 2012;125:439-49 pubmed publisher..of environmental chemical contaminants suspected to act as endocrine disruptor compounds by interacting with estrogen receptor (ER) signaling pathway has been continuously increasing...
- Villeneuve D, Garcia Reyero N, Escalon B, Jensen K, Cavallin J, Makynen E, et al. Ecotoxicogenomics to support ecological risk assessment: a case study with bisphenol A in fish. Environ Sci Technol. 2012;46:51-9 pubmed publisher..Overall, the results provide an effective case study for considering the potential application of ecotoxicogenomics to ecological risk assessments and provide novel comparative data regarding effects of BPA in fish. ..
- Menuet A, Le Page Y, Torres O, Kern L, Kah O, Pakdel F. Analysis of the estrogen regulation of the zebrafish estrogen receptor (ER) reveals distinct effects of ERalpha, ERbeta1 and ERbeta2. J Mol Endocrinol. 2004;32:975-86 pubmed..The data showed that in vivo E2 upregulation of the zfERalpha gene requires ERalpha itself and a conserved transcription unit sequence including at least an imperfect estrogen-responsive element (..
- de Waal P, Leal M, García López A, Liarte S, De Jonge H, Hinfray N, et al. Oestrogen-induced androgen insufficiency results in a reduction of proliferation and differentiation of spermatogonia in the zebrafish testis. J Endocrinol. 2009;202:287-97 pubmed publisher..This experimental set-up helped to identify spermatogonial proliferation and their differentiation as androgen targets in adult zebrafish spermatogenesis. ..
- Guo D, Wang Y, Qian Y, Chen C, Jiao B, Cai L, et al. Joint acute and endocrine disruptive toxicities of malathion, cypermethrin and prochloraz to embryo-larval zebrafish, Danio rerio. Chemosphere. 2017;166:63-71 pubmed publisher..Our data provided a better understanding of bidirectional interactions of toxic response induced by these pesticides. ..
- Zucchi S, Oggier D, Fent K. Global gene expression profile induced by the UV-filter 2-ethyl-hexyl-4-trimethoxycinnamate (EHMC) in zebrafish (Danio rerio). Environ Pollut. 2011;159:3086-96 pubmed publisher..The analysis showed tissue-specific gene profiles and revealed that EHMC slightly affects the transcription of genes involved in hormonal pathways including vtg1, esr1, esr2b, ar, cyp19b and hsd17?3.
- Craig P, Wood C, McClelland G. Water chemistry alters gene expression and physiological end points of chronic waterborne copper exposure in zebrafish, Danio rerio. Environ Sci Technol. 2010;44:2156-62 pubmed publisher..Transcriptional analysis of candidate genes (atp7a, ctr1, ECaC, esr1) showed principally a down regulation of transcripts with the Cu only treatment, while Ca + Cu treatment restored ..
- Gao S, Wang W, Tian H, Zhang X, Guo L, Ru S. An emerging water contaminant, semicarbazide, exerts an anti-estrogenic effect in zebrafish (Danio rerio). Bull Environ Contam Toxicol. 2014;93:280-8 pubmed publisher..the changes in transcript levels of hepatic estrogen-response genes including vitellogenin-1 (vtg-1), estrogen receptor ? (ER?), and estrogen receptor ? (ER?) were measured in male and female zebrafish exposed to semicarbazide ..
- Kinch C, Kurrasch D, Habibi H. Adverse morphological development in embryonic zebrafish exposed to environmental concentrations of contaminants individually and in mixture. Aquat Toxicol. 2016;175:286-98 pubmed publisher..The findings provide a framework for better understanding of developmental toxicity of environmental contaminants in zebrafish and other vertebrate species. ..
- Du G, Hu J, Huang H, Qin Y, Han X, Wu D, et al. Perfluorooctane sulfonate (PFOS) affects hormone receptor activity, steroidogenesis, and expression of endocrine-related genes in vitro and in vivo. Environ Toxicol Chem. 2013;32:353-60 pubmed publisher..The results indicate that PFOS can act as an estrogen receptor agonist and thyroid hormone receptor antagonist...
- Filby A, Paull G, Bartlett E, Van Look K, Tyler C. Physiological and health consequences of social status in zebrafish (Danio rerio). Physiol Behav. 2010;101:576-87 pubmed publisher..The wide-ranging physiological differences seen between dominant and subordinate zebrafish as a consequence of their social status suggest negative health impacts for subordinates after prolonged durations in those hierarchies. ..
- Chandrasekar G, Archer A, Gustafsson J, Andersson Lendahl M. Levels of 17beta-estradiol receptors expressed in embryonic and adult zebrafish following in vivo treatment of natural or synthetic ligands. PLoS ONE. 2010;5:e9678 pubmed publisher..The conclusions are i) estrogen receptor genes are expressed during early development ii) altered expression of esr genes in response to ligand is ..
- Jin Y, Shu L, Sun L, Liu W, Fu Z. Temperature and photoperiod affect the endocrine disruption effects of ethinylestradiol, nonylphenol and their binary mixture in zebrafish (Danio rerio). Comp Biochem Physiol C Toxicol Pharmacol. 2010;151:258-63 pubmed publisher..influence the transcription of the estrogen-responsive genes, vitellogenin1 (Vtg1), vitellogenin2 (Vtg2), estrogen receptor-alpha (ER alpha) and estrogen receptor-beta (ER beta), after a 21-day exposure to environmentally relevant ..
- Gorelick D, Iwanowicz L, Hung A, Blazer V, Halpern M. Transgenic zebrafish reveal tissue-specific differences in estrogen signaling in response to environmental water samples. Environ Health Perspect. 2014;122:356-62 pubmed publisher..Exposure to estrogenic EEDs in utero was associated with adverse health effects, with the potentially unanticipated consequence of targeting developing heart valves. ..
- Liang Y, Huang G, Ying G, Liu S, Jiang Y, Liu S, et al. The effects of progesterone on transcriptional expression profiles of genes associated with hypothalamic-pituitary-gonadal and hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenal axes during the early development of zebrafish (Danio rerio). Chemosphere. 2015;128:199-206 pubmed publisher..The overall results from the present study indicate that P4 at environmentally relevant concentrations could cause the potential effects on zebrafish reproductive and adrenal endocrine systems by interfering with the HPG and HPA axes. ..
- Pikulkaew S, De Nadai A, Belvedere P, Colombo L, Dalla Valle L. Expression analysis of steroid hormone receptor mRNAs during zebrafish embryogenesis. Gen Comp Endocrinol. 2010;165:215-20 pubmed publisher..The mRNAs encoded the nuclear receptors for progesterone (pr), androgen (ar), estrogen (er alpha, er beta 1 and er beta 2), glucocorticoids (gr), mineralocorticoids (mr) and the membrane progestin receptor-..
- Yu K, Li G, Feng W, Liu L, Zhang J, Wu W, et al. Chlorpyrifos is estrogenic and alters embryonic hatching, cell proliferation and apoptosis in zebrafish. Chem Biol Interact. 2015;239:26-33 pubmed publisher..75, 1.00mg/L CPF treated groups. Taken together, the results obtained in the present study indicated that chlorpyrifos is estrogenic and alters embryonic hatching, cell proliferation and apoptosis in zebrafish. ..
- Yang Q, Yang X, Liu J, Ren W, Chen Y, Shen S. Effects of BPF on steroid hormone homeostasis and gene expression in the hypothalamic-pituitary-gonadal axis of zebrafish. Environ Sci Pollut Res Int. 2017;24:21311-21322 pubmed publisher..These alterations suggest that BPF leads to adverse effects on the endocrine system of teleost fish, and that these effects were more prominent in males than in females. ..
- Krasowski M, Yasuda K, Hagey L, Schuetz E. Evolutionary selection across the nuclear hormone receptor superfamily with a focus on the NR1I subfamily (vitamin D, pregnane X, and constitutive androstane receptors). Nucl Recept. 2005;3:2 pubmed..NR genes generally show strong sequence conservation and little evidence for positive selection. The main exceptions are PXR and CAR, genes that may have adapted to cross-species differences in toxic compound exposure. ..
- Zhang Q, Zhang Y, Du J, Zhao M. Environmentally relevant levels of ?-cyhalothrin, fenvalerate, and permethrin cause developmental toxicity and disrupt endocrine system in zebrafish (Danio rerio) embryo. Chemosphere. 2017;185:1173-1180 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that these 3 SPs may cause developmental toxicity to zebrafish larvae by disrupting endocrine signaling at environmentally relevant concentrations. ..
- Puy Azurmendi E, Olivares A, Vallejo A, Ortiz Zarragoitia M, Pina B, Zuloaga O, et al. Estrogenic effects of nonylphenol and octylphenol isomers in vitro by recombinant yeast assay (RYA) and in vivo with early life stages of zebrafish. Sci Total Environ. 2014;466-467:1-10 pubmed publisher..An in vitro estrogen receptor-based recombinant yeast assay was used to test the estrogenicity of specific AP isomers (22-OP, 33-OP, 22-NP,..
- Cotter K, Nacci D, Champlin D, Yeo A, Gilmore T, Callard G. Adaptive Significance of ER? Splice Variants in Killifish (Fundulus heteroclitus) Resident in an Estrogenic Environment. Endocrinology. 2016;157:2294-308 pubmed publisher..environment (New Bedford Harbor, MA [NBH]) compared with those from a reference site overexpress estrogen receptor alpha (ER?) mRNA but are hyporesponsive to estradiol...
- Rossier N, Chew G, Zhang K, Riva F, Fent K. Activity of binary mixtures of drospirenone with progesterone and 17Î±-ethinylestradiol in vitro and in vivo. Aquat Toxicol. 2016;174:109-22 pubmed publisher..activity of single compounds in recombinant yeast assays that express the human progesterone, androgen, or estrogen receptor, followed by determination of mixture activities of DRS and P4, DRS and EE2, as well as medroxyprogesterone ..
- Jin Y, Wang W, Sheng G, Liu W, Fu Z. Hepatic and extrahepatic expression of estrogen-responsive genes in male adult zebrafish (Danio rerio) as biomarkers of short-term exposure to 17beta-estradiol. Environ Monit Assess. 2008;146:105-11 pubmed..RT-PCR was adopted to investigate the expressions of three estrogen-responsive genes, Vtg I, Vtg II and ERalpha, in hepatic and extrahepatic tissues of male adult zebrafish exposed to varying concentrations of 17beta-..
- Zhang Q, Ma X, Wang X, Ngo H. Assessment of multiple hormone activities of a UV-filter (octocrylene) in zebrafish (Danio rerio). Chemosphere. 2016;159:433-441 pubmed publisher..Significant up-regulation of esr1 and cyp19b were observed in the gonads, as well as vtg1 in the livers for both female and male zebrafish...
- Lu H, Cui Y, Jiang L, Ge W. Functional Analysis of Nuclear Estrogen Receptors in Zebrafish Reproduction by Genome Editing Approach. Endocrinology. 2017;158:2292-2308 pubmed publisher..To address this issue, we undertook this study to disrupt all three nERs in the zebrafish, namely esr1 (ER?), esr2a (ER?II), and esr2b (ER?I), by the genome-editing technology clustered regularly interspaced short ..
- Chen J, Wang X, Ge X, Wang D, Wang T, Zhang L, et al. Chronic perfluorooctanesulphonic acid (PFOS) exposure produces estrogenic effects in zebrafish. Environ Pollut. 2016;218:702-708 pubmed publisher..In fully mature adult male fish, serum E2 levels were slightly increased, however, the estrogen receptor alpha (esr1) was significantly elevated in PFOS treated male gonads...
- Lu X, Yu R, Murphy M, Lau K, Wu R. Hypoxia disrupts gene modulation along the brain-pituitary-gonad (BPG)-liver axis. Ecotoxicol Environ Saf. 2014;102:70-8 pubmed publisher..Given that the regulation of reproductive hormones and the BPG-liver axis are highly conserved, this study provides new insights into the hypoxia-induced endocrine disrupting mechanisms and reproductive impairment in other vertebrates...
- Bugel S, Bonventre J, Tanguay R. Comparative Developmental Toxicity of Flavonoids Using an Integrative Zebrafish System. Toxicol Sci. 2016;154:55-68 pubmed..is sensitive to perturbation by bioactive flavonoids in zebrafish that are not related to traditional estrogen receptor mode of action pathways...
- Zhang K, Zhao Y, Fent K. Occurrence and Ecotoxicological Effects of Free, Conjugated, and Halogenated Steroids Including 17?-Hydroxypregnanolone and Pregnanediol in Swiss Wastewater and Surface Water. Environ Sci Technol. 2017;51:6498-6506 pubmed publisher..Although steroid concentrations are low in Swiss rivers, the possibility of additive effects may be of concern. ..
- Du G, Huang H, Hu J, Qin Y, Wu D, Song L, et al. Endocrine-related effects of perfluorooctanoic acid (PFOA) in zebrafish, H295R steroidogenesis and receptor reporter gene assays. Chemosphere. 2013;91:1099-106 pubmed publisher..Exposure of zebrafish embryo to PFOA resulted in higher expression of esr1, hhex and pax. PFOA is able to interfere with hormone receptor ER and TR...
- Blüthgen N, Sumpter J, Odermatt A, Fent K. Effects of low concentrations of the antiprogestin mifepristone (RU486) in adults and embryos of zebrafish (Danio rerio): 2. Gene expression analysis and in vitro activity. Aquat Toxicol. 2013;144-145:96-104 pubmed publisher..Transcripts of the estrogen receptor (esr1) and vitellogenin (vtg1) were not significantly altered...
- Fent K, Chew G, Li J, Gomez E. Benzotriazole UV-stabilizers and benzotriazole: Antiandrogenic activity in vitro and activation of aryl hydrocarbon receptor pathway in zebrafish eleuthero-embryos. Sci Total Environ. 2014;482-483:125-36 pubmed publisher..Forthcoming studies should show whether the observed antiandrogenic activities and transcriptional changes translate into physiological effects . ..
- Gamba L, Cubedo N, Ghysen A, Lutfalla G, Dambly Chaudiere C. Estrogen receptor ESR1 controls cell migration by repressing chemokine receptor CXCR4 in the zebrafish posterior lateral line system. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2010;107:6358-63 pubmed publisher..Here we show that inactivation of the estrogen receptor ESR1 results in ectopic expression of cxcr4b throughout the primordium, whereas ESR1 overexpression results ..
- Siegenthaler P, Bain P, Riva F, Fent K. Effects of antiandrogenic progestins, chlormadinone and cyproterone acetate, and the estrogen 17?-ethinylestradiol (EE2), and their mixtures: Transactivation with human and rainbowfish hormone receptors and transcriptional effects in zebrafish (Danio. Aquat Toxicol. 2017;182:142-162 pubmed publisher..EE2), in recombinant yeast expressing either the human progesterone (PGR), androgen (AR), or estrogen receptor. The same compounds were also investigated in vitro in a stable transfection cell system expressing ..
- Corrales J, Fang X, Thornton C, Mei W, Barbazuk W, Duke M, et al. Effects on specific promoter DNA methylation in zebrafish embryos and larvae following benzo[a]pyrene exposure. Comp Biochem Physiol C Toxicol Pharmacol. 2014;163:37-46 pubmed publisher..Further studies are needed to link aberrant CG, CHH, and CHG methylation to heritable epigenetic consequences associated with disease in later life. ..
- Makarova K, Siudem P, Zawada K, Kurkowiak J. Screening of Toxic Effects of Bisphenol A and Products of Its Degradation: Zebrafish (Danio rerio) Embryo Test and Molecular Docking. Zebrafish. 2016;13:466-74 pubmed publisher..Thus, the results of zebrafish screening are in good agreement with our docking experiment. The molecular docking could be used to screen the toxicity of other xenoestrogens and their products of degradation. ..
- Blüthgen N, Meili N, Chew G, Odermatt A, Fent K. Accumulation and effects of the UV-filter octocrylene in adult and embryonic zebrafish (Danio rerio). Sci Total Environ. 2014;476-477:207-17 pubmed publisher..Blood levels of 11-ketotestosterone were not altered. The transcriptomics data suggest that OC mainly affects transcription of genes related to developmental processes in the brain and liver as well as metabolic processes in the liver. ..
- Martyniuk C, Gerrie E, Popesku J, Ekker M, Trudeau V. Microarray analysis in the zebrafish (Danio rerio) liver and telencephalon after exposure to low concentration of 17alpha-ethinylestradiol. Aquat Toxicol. 2007;84:38-49 pubmed..In the liver, common biomarkers for estrogenic exposure such as vitellogenin 1 and 3 (vtg1; vtg3), estrogen receptor alpha (esr1), and apolipoprotein A1 (apoA1) mRNA were identified by microarray analysis as being differentially ..
- Schiller V, Wichmann A, Kriehuber R, Schäfers C, Fischer R, Fenske M. Transcriptome alterations in zebrafish embryos after exposure to environmental estrogens and anti-androgens can reveal endocrine disruption. Reprod Toxicol. 2013;42:210-23 pubmed publisher..This demonstrates that different mechanism of ED can be assessed already in fish embryos. ..
- Santangeli S, Maradonna F, Gioacchini G, Cobellis G, Piccinetti C, Dalla Valle L, et al. BPA-Induced Deregulation Of Epigenetic Patterns: Effects On Female Zebrafish Reproduction. Sci Rep. 2016;6:21982 pubmed publisher..These data indicate that the negative effects of BPA on the female reproductive system may be due to its upstream ability to deregulate epigenetic mechanism. ..
- Chouchene L, Pellegrini E, Gueguen M, Hinfray N, Brion F, Piccini B, et al. Inhibitory effect of cadmium on estrogen signaling in zebrafish brain and protection by zinc. J Appl Toxicol. 2016;36:863-71 pubmed publisher..These inhibitory effects were accompanied by a significant downregulation of the expression of esr1, esr2a, esr2b and cyp19a1b genes compared to the E2 -treated group used as a positive control...
- Mouriec K, Gueguen M, Manuel C, Percevault F, Thieulant M, Pakdel F, et al. Androgens upregulate cyp19a1b (aromatase B) gene expression in the brain of zebrafish (Danio rerio) through estrogen receptors. Biol Reprod. 2009;80:889-96 pubmed publisher..The blockage of the androgen regulation of cyp19a1b expression using antiestrogens further confirmed the involvement of estrogen receptors in mediating these effects. ..
- Ji K, Hong S, Kho Y, Choi K. Effects of bisphenol s exposure on endocrine functions and reproduction of zebrafish. Environ Sci Technol. 2013;47:8793-800 pubmed publisher..Our observations showed that exposure to low level BPS could affect the feedback regulatory circuits of HPG axis and impair the development of offspring. ..
- Tu W, Niu L, Liu W, Xu C. Embryonic exposure to butachlor in zebrafish (Danio rerio): endocrine disruption, developmental toxicity and immunotoxicity. Ecotoxicol Environ Saf. 2013;89:189-95 pubmed publisher..Bidirectional interactions between the endocrine system and the immune system might be present, and further studies are needed to determine these possible pathways. ..
- Cao F, Zhu L, Li H, Yu S, Wang C, Qiu L. Reproductive toxicity of azoxystrobin to adult zebrafish (Danio rerio). Environ Pollut. 2016;219:1109-1121 pubmed publisher..The results of the present study indicate that azoxystrobin led to reproductive toxicity in zebrafish and male zebrafish were more sensitive to azoxystrobin than female zebrafish. ..
- Zucchi S, Castiglioni S, Fent K. Progestins and antiprogestins affect gene expression in early development in zebrafish (Danio rerio) at environmental concentrations. Environ Sci Technol. 2012;46:5183-92 pubmed publisher..zebrafish embryos for 144 h post fertilization (hpf) to these compounds and analyzed expressional changes of ar, esr1, vtg1, hsd17ß3, and progesterone (pgr), mineralo- (mr), and glucocorticoid (gr) receptors, each at 48, 96, and 144 ..
- Liu X, Wang H, Gong Z. Tandem-repeated Zebrafish zp3 genes possess oocyte-specific promoters and are insensitive to estrogen induction. Biol Reprod. 2006;74:1016-25 pubmed..Thus, the new transgenic line not only provided a convenient living marker for monitoring female gonad development, but also demonstrated that a single zp3 gene promoter is sufficient for oocyte-specific transcription. ..
- Gibert Y, Sassi Messai S, Fini J, Bernard L, Zalko D, Cravedi J, et al. Bisphenol A induces otolith malformations during vertebrate embryogenesis. BMC Dev Biol. 2011;11:4 pubmed publisher..were seen with exposure to micromolar concentrations of thyroid hormone, 17-ß-estradiol or of the estrogen receptor antagonist ICI 182,780 we conclude that the effects of BPA are independent of estrogen receptors or thyroid-..
- Cotter K, Yershov A, Novillo A, Callard G. Multiple structurally distinct ER? mRNA variants in zebrafish are differentially expressed by tissue type, stage of development and estrogen exposure. Gen Comp Endocrinol. 2013;194:217-29 pubmed publisher..These results support the idea that promoter choice and alternative splicing of the esr1 gene of zebrafish are part of the autoregulatory mechanism by which estrogen modulates subsequent ER? expression, ..
- McGonnell I, Fowkes R. Fishing for gene function--endocrine modelling in the zebrafish. J Endocrinol. 2006;189:425-39 pubmed..We anticipate that the use of these techniques will make the zebrafish a prominent model in endocrine research in the coming years. ..
- Heiden T, Struble C, Rise M, Hessner M, Hutz R, Carvan M. Molecular targets of 2,3,7,8-tetrachlorodibenzo-p-dioxin (TCDD) within the zebrafish ovary: insights into TCDD-induced endocrine disruption and reproductive toxicity. Reprod Toxicol. 2008;25:47-57 pubmed..Data presented here provide further insight into the mechanisms by which TCDD disrupts follicular development and reproduction in fish, and can be used to formulate new hypotheses regarding previously documented ovarian toxicity. ..
- Zhang Q, Ma X, Dzakpasu M, Wang X. Evaluation of ecotoxicological effects of benzophenone UV filters: Luminescent bacteria toxicity, genotoxicity and hormonal activity. Ecotoxicol Environ Saf. 2017;142:338-347 pubmed publisher..The results indicated potential hazardous effects of BPs UV filters and the importance of the combination of toxicological evaluation methods including in vitro and in vivo assays. ..
- Jin Y, Chen R, Sun L, Wang W, Zhou L, Liu W, et al. Enantioselective induction of estrogen-responsive gene expression by permethrin enantiomers in embryo-larval zebrafish. Chemosphere. 2009;74:1238-44 pubmed publisher..These findings add to a growing body of evidence concerning enantioselectivity in the toxicity, endocrine-disrupting activity, and environmental biodegradation of chiral pesticides. ..
- Faltermann S, Hutter S, Christen V, Hettich T, Fent K. Anti-Inflammatory Activity of Cyanobacterial Serine Protease Inhibitors Aeruginosin 828A and Cyanopeptolin 1020 in Human Hepatoma Cell Line Huh7 and Effects in Zebrafish (Danio rerio). Toxins (Basel). 2016;8: pubmed publisher..The data further demonstrate that pathways that are influenced by microcystin-LR are not affected by aeruginosin 828A. ..
- Sun L, Wen L, Shao X, Qian H, Jin Y, Liu W, et al. Screening of chemicals with anti-estrogenic activity using in vitro and in vivo vitellogenin induction responses in zebrafish (Danio rerio). Chemosphere. 2010;78:793-9 pubmed publisher..Two model anti-estrogens, letrozole (LET), an aromatase inhibitor, and tamoxifen (TAM), a competitive estrogen receptor, were selected as representative chemicals...
- Liu C, Yu L, Deng J, Lam P, Wu R, Zhou B. Waterborne exposure to fluorotelomer alcohol 6:2 FTOH alters plasma sex hormone and gene transcription in the hypothalamic-pituitary-gonadal (HPG) axis of zebrafish. Aquat Toxicol. 2009;93:131-7 pubmed publisher..In females, the increase of E2 was accompanied by up-regulated hepatic estrogenic receptor alpha (ERalpha) and vitellogenin (VTG1 and VTG3) expression...
- Craig P, Hogstrand C, Wood C, McClelland G. Gene expression endpoints following chronic waterborne copper exposure in a genomic model organism, the zebrafish, Danio rerio. Physiol Genomics. 2009;40:23-33 pubmed publisher..5% contained only a consensus MRE. We conclude that the indirect effects of Cu exposure regulate gene expression to a much greater degree than the direct effects. ..
- Torres Duarte C, Viana M, Vazquez Duhalt R. Laccase-mediated transformations of endocrine disrupting chemicals abolish binding affinities to estrogen receptors and their estrogenic activity in zebrafish. Appl Biochem Biotechnol. 2012;168:864-76 pubmed publisher..the EDCs and their laccase transformation products was evaluated in vitro as their affinity for the human estrogen receptor alpha (hER?) and for the ligand binding domain of zebrafish (Danio rerio) estrogen receptor alpha (zfER?LBD)...
- Lacave J, Fanjul Á, Bilbao E, Gutierrez N, Barrio I, Arostegui I, et al. Acute toxicity, bioaccumulation and effects of dietary transfer of silver from brine shrimp exposed to PVP/PEI-coated silver nanoparticles to zebrafish. Comp Biochem Physiol C Toxicol Pharmacol. 2017;199:69-80 pubmed publisher..Overall, these results indicate an effective dietary transfer of silver and point out to liver as the main target organ for Ag NP toxicity in zebrafish after dietary exposure. ..
- Santos D, Matos M, Coimbra A. Developmental toxicity of endocrine disruptors in early life stages of zebrafish, a genetic and embryogenesis study. Neurotoxicol Teratol. 2014;46:18-25 pubmed publisher..In parallel, the expression patterns of hormone receptors (esr1, esr2a, esr2b and ar) and apoptotic pathways related genes (p53 and c-jun) were determined using quantitative real-..
- Shi J, Jiao Z, Zheng S, Li M, Zhang J, Feng Y, et al. Long-term effects of bisphenol AF (BPAF) on hormonal balance and genes of hypothalamus-pituitary-gonad axis and liver of zebrafish (Danio rerio), and the impact on offspring. Chemosphere. 2015;128:252-7 pubmed publisher..A potential consequence of adverse effects in the offspring by BPAF deserves further investigation. ..
- Lee S, Jung D, Kho Y, Ji K, Kim P, Ahn B, et al. Ecotoxicological assessment of cimetidine and determination of its potential for endocrine disruption using three test organisms: Daphnia magna, Moina macrocopa, and Danio rerio. Chemosphere. 2015;135:208-16 pubmed publisher..However potential consequences of endocrine disruption following long-term exposure in aquatic environment deserves further investigation. ..
- LÃ³pez MuÃ±oz A, Liarte S, GÃ³mez GonzÃ¡lez N, Cabas I, Meseguer J, GarcÃa Ayala A, et al. Estrogen receptor 2b deficiency impairs the antiviral response of zebrafish. Dev Comp Immunol. 2015;53:55-62 pubmed publisher..study, we used a homozygous line carrying an insertion of 8 amino acids in the ligand-binding domain of the estrogen receptor 2b gene (esr2b) to further understand the role of estrogen signaling on innate immunity...
- Brown A, Gunnarsson L, Kristiansson E, Tyler C. Assessing variation in the potential susceptibility of fish to pharmaceuticals, considering evolutionary differences in their physiology and ecology. Philos Trans R Soc Lond B Biol Sci. 2014;369: pubmed publisher..This justifies the conventional use of at least a 10Ã— assessment factor in pharmaceutical risk assessment, to account for differences in species susceptibility. ..
- Zhao F, Wei P, Wang J, Yu M, Zhang X, Tian H, et al. Estrogenic effects associated with bisphenol a exposure in male zebrafish (Danio rerio) is associated with changes of endogenous 17?-estradiol and gene specific DNA methylation levels. Gen Comp Endocrinol. 2017;252:27-35 pubmed publisher..hepatic ERs mRNA expressions, gonadal cyp19a1a and cyp17a1 mRNA expressions, and methylation levels of hepatic esr1 and gonadal cyp19a1a's promoters were determined...
- Hoffman E, Turner K, Fernández J, Cifuentes D, Ghosh M, Ijaz S, et al. Estrogens Suppress a Behavioral Phenotype in Zebrafish Mutants of the Autism Risk Gene, CNTNAP2. Neuron. 2016;89:725-33 pubmed publisher..Finally, we find that estrogen receptor agonists elicit a behavioral fingerprint anti-correlative to that of cntnap2 mutants and show that the ..