Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: epoa
Description: erythropoietin a
Alias: epo, erythropoietin
- de Bruin A, A Cornelissen P, Kirchmaier B, Mokry M, Iich E, Nirmala E, et al. Genome-wide analysis reveals NRP1 as a direct HIF1?-E2F7 target in the regulation of motorneuron guidance in vivo. Nucleic Acids Res. 2016;44:3549-66 pubmed publisher..Therefore, we conclude that repression of NRP1 by the HIF1?-E2F7 complex regulates MN axon guidance in vivo. ..
- Rasighaemi P, Onnebo S, Liongue C, Ward A. ETV6 (TEL1) regulates embryonic hematopoiesis in zebrafish. Haematologica. 2015;100:23-31 pubmed publisher..This study suggests that ETV6 plays a broader and more complex role in early hematopoiesis than previously thought, impacting on the development of multiple lineages. ..
- Svoboda O, Stachura D, Machonova O, Pajer P, Brynda J, Zon L, et al. Dissection of vertebrate hematopoiesis using zebrafish thrombopoietin. Blood. 2014;124:220-8 pubmed publisher..Combinatorial use of zebrafish Tpo, erythropoietin, and granulocyte colony stimulating factor (Gcsf) allowed the investigation of HSPCs responsible for erythro-, ..
- Almeida D, Bianchini A, Marins L. Growth hormone overexpression generates an unfavorable phenotype in juvenile transgenic zebrafish under hypoxic conditions. Gen Comp Endocrinol. 2013;194:102-9 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these findings indicate that GH-transgenesis impaired the ability of juvenile zebrafish to sustain an aerobic metabolism and induced anaerobic metabolism when the fish were challenged with low oxygen levels. ..
- Yaqoob N, Holotta M, Prem C, Kopp R, Schwerte T. Ontogenetic development of erythropoiesis can be studied non-invasively in GATA-1:DsRed transgenic zebrafish. Comp Biochem Physiol A Mol Integr Physiol. 2009;154:270-8 pubmed publisher..effort was also made to correlate our luminance data (GATA-1 expression) and total blood cell concentrations with Epo mRNA production. Quantitative RT-PCR of 2-15 dpf old zebrafish was carried out for this purpose...
- Chu C, Cheng C, Chen G, Chen Y, Hung C, Huang K, et al. The zebrafish erythropoietin: functional identification and biochemical characterization. FEBS Lett. 2007;581:4265-71 pubmedIn the present study, the zebrafish epo cDNA was cloned. The encoded protein displays 90%, 55% and 32% identity to the Epo from carp, fugu and human, respectively...
- van der Meulen T, Schipper H, van den Boogaart J, Huising M, Kranenbarg S, Van Leeuwen J. Endurance exercise differentially stimulates heart and axial muscle development in zebrafish (Danio rerio). Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol. 2006;291:R1040-8 pubmed..expression of the "slow" types of myosin and troponin C was increased, together with expression of erythropoietin and myoglobin, which enhance oxygen transport, indicating a shift toward a slow aerobic phenotype...
- Egg M, Köblitz L, Hirayama J, Schwerte T, Folterbauer C, Kurz A, et al. Linking oxygen to time: the bidirectional interaction between the hypoxic signaling pathway and the circadian clock. Chronobiol Int. 2013;30:510-29 pubmed publisher..or an overstimulated circadian clock, modified gene transcription levels of oxygen-regulated genes such as erythropoietin and vascular endothelial growth factor 165 and altered the hypoxia-induced increase in Hif-1? protein ..
- Kulkarni R, Tohari S, Ho A, Brenner S, Venkatesh B. Characterization of a hypoxia-response element in the Epo locus of the pufferfish, Takifugu rubripes. Mar Genomics. 2010;3:63-70 pubmed publisherAnimals respond to hypoxia by increasing synthesis of the glycoprotein hormone erythropoietin (Epo) which in turn stimulates the production of red blood cells...
- Egg M, Paulitsch M, Ennemoser Y, Wüstenhagen A, Schwerte T, Sandbichler A, et al. Chronodisruption increases cardiovascular risk in zebrafish via reduced clearance of senescent erythrocytes. Chronobiol Int. 2014;31:680-9 pubmed publisher..as reflected by decreased expression levels of hypoxia inducible factor 1 and its down-stream target genes erythropoietin, responsible for the generation of red blood cells (RBC) and vascular endothelial growth factor, which is ..
- Stachura D, Svoboda O, Lau R, Balla K, Zon L, Bartunek P, et al. Clonal analysis of hematopoietic progenitor cells in the zebrafish. Blood. 2011;118:1274-82 pubmed publisher..of myeloerythroid progenitor cells, we developed clonal methylcellulose assays by using recombinant zebrafish erythropoietin and granulocyte colony-stimulating factor...
- Hyvärinen J, Parikka M, Sormunen R, Ramet M, Tryggvason K, Kivirikko K, et al. Deficiency of a transmembrane prolyl 4-hydroxylase in the zebrafish leads to basement membrane defects and compromised kidney function. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:42023-32 pubmed publisher..Many HIF target genes were induced in the P4H-TM-deficient morphants, but the observed phenotype is not likely to be mediated at least solely via the HIF pathway, and thus P4H-TM probably has additional, as yet unknown, substrates. ..
- Kulkeaw K, Ishitani T, Kanemaru T, Fucharoen S, Sugiyama D. Cold exposure down-regulates zebrafish hematopoiesis. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2010;394:859-64 pubmed publisher..factors (Runx1, scl, c-myb and GATA-2) and particularly erythropoiesis-related factors (klfd, hbaa1, ba1, GATA-1, EPO, and EPOr) was down-regulated, whereas myelopoiesis-related factors (csf1a and csf3) was up-regulated in low ..
- Ma A, Fan A, Ward A, Liongue C, Lewis R, Cheng S, et al. A novel zebrafish jak2a(V581F) model shared features of human JAK2(V617F) polycythemia vera. Exp Hematol. 2009;37:1379-1386.e4 pubmed publisher..In this study, we generated a zebrafish ortholog of human JAK2(V617F) (referred herewith jak2a(V581F)) by site-directed mutagenesis and examined its relevance as a model of human PV...
- Metelo A, Noonan H, Li X, Jin Y, Baker R, Kamentsky L, et al. Pharmacological HIF2Î± inhibition improves VHL disease-associated phenotypes in zebrafish model. J Clin Invest. 2015;125:1987-97 pubmed publisher..This study demonstrates that small-molecule targeting of HIF2Î± improves VHL-related phenotypes in a vertebrate animal model and supports further exploration of this strategy for treating VHL disease. ..
- Guarienti M, Giacopuzzi E, Gianoncelli A, Sigala S, Spano P, Pecorelli S, et al. Computational and functional analysis of biopharmaceutical drugs in zebrafish: Erythropoietin as a test model. Pharmacol Res. 2015;102:12-21 pubmed publisher..This is mainly due to the zebrafish advantages when compared to other animal models. Erythropoietin is a glycoprotein hormone that acts principally on erythroid progenitors, stimulating their survival, ..
- Mahony C, Fish R, Pasche C, Bertrand J. tfec controls the hematopoietic stem cell vascular niche during zebrafish embryogenesis. Blood. 2016;128:1336-45 pubmed publisher..The full comprehension of the mechanisms induced by tfec will represent an important milestone toward the expansion of HSCs for regenerative purposes. ..