Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: epcam
Description: epithelial cell adhesion molecule
Alias: sb:cb6, tacstd, wu:fj17g02, zgc:110304, zgc:77119, epithelial cell adhesion molecule, pan-epithelial glycoprotein, tumor-associated calcium signal transducer
- Venkiteswaran G, Lewellis S, Wang J, Reynolds E, Nicholson C, Knaut H. Generation and dynamics of an endogenous, self-generated signaling gradient across a migrating tissue. Cell. 2013;155:674-87 pubmed publisher..The rear of the primordium generates this gradient through continuous sequestration of Sdf1 protein by the alternate Sdf1-receptor Cxcr7. Modeling shows that this is a physically plausible scenario. ..
- Wang J, Leng X, Wang G, Wan X, Cao H. The construction of intrahepatic cholangiocarcinoma model in zebrafish. Sci Rep. 2017;7:13419 pubmed publisher..This work indicates that our transgenic zebrafish could be a valuable model, not only for studying liver cancer, but also for exploring new therapeutic targets. ..
- Ma D, Wang L, Wang S, Gao Y, Wei Y, Liu F. Foxn1 maintains thymic epithelial cells to support T-cell development via mcm2 in zebrafish. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2012;109:21040-5 pubmed publisher..Our results reveal that the foxn1-mcm2 axis plays a central role in the genetic regulatory network controlling thymus development in zebrafish...
- Han Y, Mu Y, Li X, Xu P, Tong J, Liu Z, et al. Grhl2 deficiency impairs otic development and hearing ability in a zebrafish model of the progressive dominant hearing loss DFNA28. Hum Mol Genet. 2011;20:3213-26 pubmed publisher..We show that the expression of claudin b (cldnb) and epcam is abolished or dramatically reduced and apical junctional complexes are abnormal in otic epithelial cells of ..
- Lu H, Ma J, Yang Y, Shi W, Luo L. EpCAM is an endoderm-specific Wnt derepressor that licenses hepatic development. Dev Cell. 2013;24:543-53 pubmed publisher..is achieved, we identify an endoderm-enriched, single transmembrane protein, epithelial-cell-adhesion-molecule (EpCAM), as an endoderm-specific Wnt derepressor in zebrafish...
- Ko S, Choi T, Russell J, So J, Monga S, Shin D. Bromodomain and extraterminal (BET) proteins regulate biliary-driven liver regeneration. J Hepatol. 2016;64:316-325 pubmed publisher..BET proteins regulate BEC-driven liver regeneration at multiple steps: BEC dedifferentiation, HB-LC proliferation, the proliferation of newly generated hepatocytes, and hepatocyte maturation. ..
- Holzer G, Morishita Y, Fini J, Lorin T, Gillet B, Hughes S, et al. Thyroglobulin Represents a Novel Molecular Architecture of Vertebrates. J Biol Chem. 2016;291:16553-66 pubmed publisher..By contrast, we have not been able to find any orthologs of Tg among non-vertebrate species. Thus, Tg appears to be a novel protein elaborated as a single event at the base of vertebrates and virtually unchanged thereafter. ..
- Dworkin S, Darido C, Georgy S, Wilanowski T, Srivastava S, Ellett F, et al. Midbrain-hindbrain boundary patterning and morphogenesis are regulated by diverse grainy head-like 2-dependent pathways. Development. 2012;139:525-36 pubmed publisher..Collectively, these data show that MHB maintenance and morphogenesis are dissociable events regulated by grhl2b through diverse transcriptional targets. ..
- Kuechlin S, Schoels M, Slanchev K, Lassmann S, Walz G, Yakulov T. EpCAM controls morphogenetic programs during zebrafish pronephros development. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2017;487:209-215 pubmed publisherb>Epithelial cell adhesion molecule EpCAM is a transmembrane glycoprotein that is dynamically expressed in human and murine renal epithelia during development...