Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: eomesa
Description: eomesodermin homolog a
Alias: eom, eomes, eomesodermin homolog, eom-a, eomes1, tbr2, tbr2a
- Schmidt R, Beil T, StrÃ¤hle U, Rastegar S. Stab wound injury of the zebrafish adult telencephalon: a method to investigate vertebrate brain neurogenesis and regeneration. J Vis Exp. 2014;:e51753 pubmed publisher..This method combined for example with RNA deep sequencing can help to screen for new genes with a role in zebrafish adult telencephalon neurogenesis, regeneration, and repair. ..
- Takizawa F, Araki K, Ohtani M, Toda H, Saito Y, Lampe V, et al. Transcription analysis of two Eomesodermin genes in lymphocyte subsets of two teleost species. Fish Shellfish Immunol. 2014;36:215-22 pubmed publisherEomesodermin (Eomes), a T-box transcription factor, is a key molecule associated with function and differentiation of CD8(+) T cells and NK cells...
- Walshe J, Mason I. Unique and combinatorial functions of Fgf3 and Fgf8 during zebrafish forebrain development. Development. 2003;130:4337-49 pubmed..Analysis of embryos treated with an FGFR inhibitor suggests that continuous FGF signalling is required from gastrulation stages for normal forebrain patterning, and identifies additional requirements for FGFR activity. ..
- Muto A, Arai K, Watanabe S. Rab11-FIP4 is predominantly expressed in neural tissues and involved in proliferation as well as in differentiation during zebrafish retinal development. Dev Biol. 2006;292:90-102 pubmed
- Veil M, Schaechtle M, Gao M, Kirner V, Buryanova L, Grethen R, et al. Maternal Nanog is required for zebrafish embryo architecture and for cell viability during gastrulation. Development. 2018;145: pubmed publisher..It is also required for the correctly timed activation of endoderm genes and for the degradation of maternal eomesa mRNA via miR-430...
- Carlin D, Sepich D, Grover V, Cooper M, Solnica Krezel L, Inbal A. Six3 cooperates with Hedgehog signaling to specify ventral telencephalon by promoting early expression of Foxg1a and repressing Wnt signaling. Development. 2012;139:2614-24 pubmed publisher..We further find that Six3 promotes ventral telencephalic fates through transient regulation of foxg1a expression and repression of the Wnt/?-catenin pathway. ..
- Miyasaka N, Morimoto K, Tsubokawa T, Higashijima S, Okamoto H, Yoshihara Y. From the olfactory bulb to higher brain centers: genetic visualization of secondary olfactory pathways in zebrafish. J Neurosci. 2009;29:4756-67 pubmed publisher..Moreover, our finding of asymmetric bulbo-habenular projection renders the olfactory system an attractive model for the studies of brain asymmetry and lateralized behaviors. ..
- Mueller T, Wullimann M, Guo S. Early teleostean basal ganglia development visualized by zebrafish Dlx2a, Lhx6, Lhx7, Tbr2 (eomesa), and GAD67 gene expression. J Comp Neurol. 2008;507:1245-57 pubmed publisherWe examined the brain expression patterns of zebrafish genes Lhx6, Lhx7, Dlx2a, GAD67, and Tbr2/eomesa; except for GAD67, expression domains are restricted to the forebrain...
- Takizawa F, Araki K, Ito K, Moritomo T, Nakanishi T. Expression analysis of two Eomesodermin homologues in zebrafish lymphoid tissues and cells. Mol Immunol. 2007;44:2324-31 pubmed..on the role of Eomes in the immune system of lower vertebrates to date, although developmental studies on Eomes (Eomes1) have been performed in zebrafish...
- März M, Schmidt R, Rastegar S, Strahle U. Regenerative response following stab injury in the adult zebrafish telencephalon. Dev Dyn. 2011;240:2221-31 pubmed publisher..Remarkably, the proliferative response is almost completely restricted to the lesioned hemisphere indicating that signals inducing regeneration remain mainly confined within the lesioned half of the telencephalon. ..
- Ganz J, Kroehne V, Freudenreich D, Machate A, Geffarth M, Braasch I, et al. Subdivisions of the adult zebrafish pallium based on molecular marker analysis. F1000Res. 2014;3:308 pubmed publisher..Combinatorial expression analysis of ascl1a, eomesa, emx1, emx2, emx3, and Prox1 identifies four main divisions in the adult zebrafish pallium...
- Ganz J, Kaslin J, Freudenreich D, Machate A, Geffarth M, Brand M. Subdivisions of the adult zebrafish subpallium by molecular marker analysis. J Comp Neurol. 2012;520:633-55 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, combinatorial expression of Isl, nkx2.1b, lhx1b, tbr1, eomesa, emx1, emx2, and emx3 identifies striatal-like, pallidal-like, and septal-like subdivisions within the subpallium...
- Bruce A, Howley C, Dixon Fox M, Ho R. T-box gene eomesodermin and the homeobox-containing Mix/Bix gene mtx2 regulate epiboly movements in the zebrafish. Dev Dyn. 2005;233:105-14 pubmedThe T-box gene eomesodermin (eomes) has been implicated in mesoderm specification and patterning in both zebrafish and frog. Here, we describe an additional function for eomes in the control of morphogenesis...
- Chen L, Zheng J, Yang N, Li H, Guo S. Genomic selection identifies vertebrate transcription factor Fezf2 binding sites and target genes. J Biol Chem. 2011;286:18641-9 pubmed publisher..Through loss of function, gain of function, and chromatin immunoprecipitation, we further identified and validated eomesa/tbr2 and lhx2b as biologically relevant target genes of Fezf2...
- Wang L, Shang N, Feng H, Guo Q, Dai H. Molecular cloning of grass carp (Ctenopharyngodon idellus) T-bet and GATA-3, and their expression profiles with IFN-? in response to grass carp reovirus (GCRV) infection. Fish Physiol Biochem. 2013;39:793-805 pubmed publisher..From this finding, we realize that GCRV mainly induces a Th1 response, and Th1 cell-mediated recognition mechanisms play very important roles in anti-virus cellular immune of grass carp. ..
- Kumari P, Gilligan P, Lim S, Tran L, Winkler S, Philp R, et al. An essential role for maternal control of Nodal signaling. elife. 2013;2:e00683 pubmed publisher..Thus, Ybx1 prevents ectopic Nodal activity, revealing a new paradigm in the regulation of Nodal signaling, which is likely to be conserved. DOI:http://dx.doi.org/10.7554/eLife.00683.001. ..
- Bae Y, Kani S, Shimizu T, Tanabe K, Nojima H, Kimura Y, et al. Anatomy of zebrafish cerebellum and screen for mutations affecting its development. Dev Biol. 2009;330:406-26 pubmed publisher..Our data provide a platform for future studies of zebrafish cerebellar development. ..
- Nelson A, Cutty S, Niini M, Stemple D, Flicek P, Houart C, et al. Global identification of Smad2 and Eomesodermin targets in zebrafish identifies a conserved transcriptional network in mesendoderm and a novel role for Eomesodermin in repression of ectodermal gene expression. BMC Biol. 2014;12:81 pubmed publisher..We also show that Smad2 and zebrafish Eomesodermin a (Eomesa) bind common genomic regions proximal to genes involved in mesoderm and endoderm formation, suggesting Eomesa ..