Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: en1a
Description: engrailed homeobox 1a
Alias: ENG-1, en-1, en1, eng1, eng1a, zgc:100771, homeobox protein engrailed-1a, engrailed 1a, homeobox protein en-1a
- Kinna G, Kolle G, Carter A, Key B, Lieschke G, Perkins A, et al. Knockdown of zebrafish crim1 results in a bent tail phenotype with defects in somite and vascular development. Mech Dev. 2006;123:277-87 pubmed..Hence, the primary role of zebrafish crim1 is likely to be the regulation of somitic and vascular development. ..
- Ochi H, Pearson B, Chuang P, Hammerschmidt M, Westerfield M. Hhip regulates zebrafish muscle development by both sequestering Hedgehog and modulating localization of Smoothened. Dev Biol. 2006;297:127-40 pubmed..These data support a model in which Hhip regulates muscle development both by sequestering Hedgehog and by modulating localization of Smoothened. ..
- Albuixech Crespo B, López Blanch L, Burguera D, Maeso I, Sánchez Arrones L, Moreno Bravo J, et al. Molecular regionalization of the developing amphioxus neural tube challenges major partitions of the vertebrate brain. PLoS Biol. 2017;15:e2001573 pubmed publisher..This suggests that these domains have a common developmental and evolutionary origin, as supported by functional experiments manipulating secondary organizers in zebrafish and mice. ..
- Wilson C, Nguyen C, Chen M, Yang J, Gacayan R, Huang J, et al. Fused has evolved divergent roles in vertebrate Hedgehog signalling and motile ciliogenesis. Nature. 2009;459:98-102 pubmed publisher..Our results delineate a new pathway for central pair apparatus assembly, identify common regulators of Hh signalling and motile ciliogenesis, and provide insights into the evolution of the Hh cascade. ..
- Hinits Y, Osborn D, Hughes S. Differential requirements for myogenic regulatory factors distinguish medial and lateral somitic, cranial and fin muscle fibre populations. Development. 2009;136:403-14 pubmed publisher..Mrf4 does not contribute to early myogenesis in zebrafish. We suggest that the differential use of duplicated MRF paralogues in this novel two-component myogenic system facilitated the diversification of vertebrates...
- Fritz A, Rozowski M, Walker C, Westerfield M. Identification of selected gamma-ray induced deficiencies in zebrafish using multiplex polymerase chain reaction. Genetics. 1996;144:1735-45 pubmed..These deficiencies provide a basis for analyzing the functions of cloned zebrafish genes using noncomplementation screens for point mutations induced by high-efficiency chemical mutagenesis. ..
- Lun K, Brand M. A series of no isthmus (noi) alleles of the zebrafish pax2.1 gene reveals multiple signaling events in development of the midbrain-hindbrain boundary. Development. 1998;125:3049-62 pubmed..We propose that noi/pax2.1 participates in sequential signaling processes as a key integrator of midbrain-hindbrain boundary development. ..
- Nixon S, Wegner J, Ferguson C, Méry P, Hancock J, Currie P, et al. Zebrafish as a model for caveolin-associated muscle disease; caveolin-3 is required for myofibril organization and muscle cell patterning. Hum Mol Genet. 2005;14:1727-43 pubmed..In addition, knockdown of Cav3 resulted in a dramatic up-regulation of eng1a expression resulting in an increase in the number of muscle pioneer-like cells adjacent to the notochord...
- Jülich D, Geisler R, Holley S. Integrinalpha5 and delta/notch signaling have complementary spatiotemporal requirements during zebrafish somitogenesis. Dev Cell. 2005;8:575-86 pubmed..Our data suggest that notch- and integrinalpha5-dependent cell polarization and Fibronectin matrix assembly occur concomitantly and interdependently during border morphogenesis. ..
- Wang F, Chen X, Shi W, Yao L, Gao M, Yang Y, et al. Zdhhc15b Regulates Differentiation of Diencephalic Dopaminergic Neurons in zebrafish. J Cell Biochem. 2015;116:2980-91 pubmed publisher..Our results reveal that zdhhc15b controls DA neuronal fate decisions by regulating differentiation but not progenitor cell proliferation or DA neuronal survival. ..
- Dolez M, Nicolas J, Hirsinger E. Laminins, via heparan sulfate proteoglycans, participate in zebrafish myotome morphogenesis by modulating the pattern of Bmp responsiveness. Development. 2011;138:97-106 pubmed publisher..This study underlines the importance of extracellular cues for the precise spatial modulation of cell response to morphogens. ..
- Fischer S, Filipek Gorniok B, Ledin J. Zebrafish Ext2 is necessary for Fgf and Wnt signaling, but not for Hh signaling. BMC Dev Biol. 2011;11:53 pubmed publisher..Thus, our results support the hypothesis that regulation of heparan sulfate biosynthesis has distinct instructive functions for different signaling factors. ..
- Tu C, Tsao K, Lee S, Yang R. SCUBE3 (signal peptide-CUB-EGF domain-containing protein 3) modulates fibroblast growth factor signaling during fast muscle development. J Biol Chem. 2014;289:18928-42 pubmed publisher..Scube3 may be a critical upstream regulator of fast fiber myogenesis by modulating fgf8 signaling during zebrafish embryogenesis. ..
- Koudijs M, den Broeder M, Groot E, van Eeden F. Genetic analysis of the two zebrafish patched homologues identifies novel roles for the hedgehog signaling pathway. BMC Dev Biol. 2008;8:15 pubmed publisher..Additionally, these mutants will provide a useful system to further investigate the consequences of constitutively activated Hh signaling during vertebrate development. ..
- Puschel A, Gruss P, Westerfield M. Sequence and expression pattern of pax-6 are highly conserved between zebrafish and mice. Development. 1992;114:643-51 pubmed
- Teraoka H, Urakawa S, Nanba S, Nagai Y, Dong W, Imagawa T, et al. Muscular contractions in the zebrafish embryo are necessary to reveal thiuram-induced notochord distortions. Toxicol Appl Pharmacol. 2006;212:24-34 pubmed..These results indicate that muscle activity is necessary to reveal the underlying functional deficit and suggest that the developmental target of dithiocarbamates impairs trunk plasticity through an unknown mechanism. ..
- Force A, Lynch M, Pickett F, Amores A, Yan Y, Postlethwait J. Preservation of duplicate genes by complementary, degenerative mutations. Genetics. 1999;151:1531-45 pubmed..Cooke et al. 1997 (p. 362) ..
- Amores A, Force A, Yan Y, Joly L, Amemiya C, Fritz A, et al. Zebrafish hox clusters and vertebrate genome evolution. Science. 1998;282:1711-4 pubmed..Thus, teleosts, the most species-rich group of vertebrates, appear to have more copies of these developmental regulatory genes than do mammals, despite less complexity in the anterior-posterior axis. ..
- Van de Peer Y, Frickey T, Taylor J, Meyer A. Dealing with saturation at the amino acid level: a case study based on anciently duplicated zebrafish genes. Gene. 2002;295:205-11 pubmed..When trees are computed by omitting the saturated fraction of sites, most fish duplicates are sister sequences. ..
- Venero Galanternik M, Lush M, Piotrowski T. Glypican4 modulates lateral line collective cell migration non cell-autonomously. Dev Biol. 2016;419:321-335 pubmed publisher..Our results show that glypican4 has distinct functions in primordium cells and cells in the environment and that both of these functions are essential for collective cell migration. ..
- Hammond K, Baxendale S, McCauley D, Ingham P, Whitfield T. Expression of patched, prdm1 and engrailed in the lamprey somite reveals conserved responses to Hedgehog signaling. Evol Dev. 2009;11:27-40 pubmed publisher..These data suggest the presence of conserved responses to Hh signaling in lamprey somites, although the full range of effects elicited by Hh in the zebrafish somite is not recapitulated. ..