Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: elavl3
Description: ELAV like neuron-specific RNA binding protein 3
Alias: HuC, elrc, id:ibd1248, wu:fb77b03, zHuC, ELAV-like protein 3, ELAV (embryonic lethal, abnormal vision, Drosophila)-like 3 (Hu antigen C), elav-related C, elavC, embryonic lethal, abnormal vision-related C, etID309927.3
- Akerboom J, Chen T, Wardill T, Tian L, Marvin J, Mutlu S, et al. Optimization of a GCaMP calcium indicator for neural activity imaging. J Neurosci. 2012;32:13819-40 pubmed publisher..GCaMP5 allows more sensitive detection of neural activity in vivo and may find widespread applications for cellular imaging in general. ..
- Ahrens M, Li J, Orger M, Robson D, Schier A, Engert F, et al. Brain-wide neuronal dynamics during motor adaptation in zebrafish. Nature. 2012;485:471-7 pubmed publisher..Lesions to the inferior olive indicate a specific functional role for olivocerebellar circuitry in adaptive locomotion. This study enables the analysis of brain-wide dynamics at single-cell resolution during behaviour. ..
- Bingham S, Chaudhari S, Vanderlaan G, Itoh M, Chitnis A, Chandrasekhar A. Neurogenic phenotype of mind bomb mutants leads to severe patterning defects in the zebrafish hindbrain. Dev Dyn. 2003;228:451-63 pubmed
- Won Y, Ono F, Ikeda S. Identification and modulation of voltage-gated Ca2+ currents in zebrafish Rohon-Beard neurons. J Neurophysiol. 2011;105:442-53 pubmed publisher..These results provide the basis for using the zebrafish model system to understanding Ca(2+) channel function, and in turn, how Ca(2+) channels contribute to mechanosensory function. ..
- Zhu P, Narita Y, Bundschuh S, Fajardo O, Schärer Y, Chattopadhyaya B, et al. Optogenetic Dissection of Neuronal Circuits in Zebrafish using Viral Gene Transfer and the Tet System. Front Neural Circuits. 2009;3:21 pubmed publisher..These approaches provide new opportunities for the optogenetic dissection of neuronal circuit structure and function. ..
- Volkmann K, Rieger S, Babaryka A, Köster R. The zebrafish cerebellar rhombic lip is spatially patterned in producing granule cell populations of different functional compartments. Dev Biol. 2008;313:167-80 pubmed..Thus, our findings offer an explanation for how specific functional cerebellar circuitries are laid down by spatio-temporal patterning of cerebellar germinal zones during early brain development. ..
- Fujimoto E, Gaynes B, Brimley C, Chien C, Bonkowsky J. Gal80 intersectional regulation of cell-type specific expression in vertebrates. Dev Dyn. 2011;240:2324-34 pubmed publisher..These data demonstrate that Gal80 is a powerful addition to the genetic techniques available to map and manipulate neural circuits in zebrafish. ..
- Kim C, Bae Y, Yamanaka Y, Yamashita S, Shimizu T, Fujii R, et al. Overexpression of neurogenin induces ectopic expression of HuC in zebrafish. Neurosci Lett. 1997;239:113-6 pubmed..The expression of zebrafish neurogenin precedes and overlaps that of HuC, one of the earliest neuronal precursor markers...
- Zhang C, Li Q, Lim C, Qiu X, Jiang Y. The characterization of zebrafish antimorphic mib alleles reveals that Mib and Mind bomb-2 (Mib2) function redundantly. Dev Biol. 2007;305:14-27 pubmed..It was also shown that Notch signaling negatively regulates mib expression in a Su(H)-dependent manner, forming a negative feedback loop in modulating Notch activation. ..
- Lucas M, Muller F, Rüdiger R, Henion P, Rohrer H. The bHLH transcription factor hand2 is essential for noradrenergic differentiation of sympathetic neurons. Development. 2006;133:4015-24 pubmed..By contrast, generic neuronal differentiation seems to be unaffected, as the expression of elavl3 (HuC) is not reduced in hands off sympathetic ganglia...
- Jülich D, Hwee Lim C, Round J, Nicolaije C, Schroeder J, Davies A, et al. beamter/deltaC and the role of Notch ligands in the zebrafish somite segmentation, hindbrain neurogenesis and hypochord differentiation. Dev Biol. 2005;286:391-404 pubmed
- Kim H, Kim E, Yoo K, Lee M, Choi J, Park H, et al. Isolation and expression analysis of Alzheimer's disease-related gene xb51 in zebrafish. Dev Dyn. 2008;237:3921-6 pubmed publisher..telencephalon was defined by several molecular markers: emx1, dlx2, lim1, islet1, neurod4/zath3, ngn1, her4, and elavl3/huC...
- Higashijima S, Masino M, Mandel G, Fetcho J. Imaging neuronal activity during zebrafish behavior with a genetically encoded calcium indicator. J Neurophysiol. 2003;90:3986-97 pubmed..Transgenic lines such as the one we generated can also be crossed into mutant lines of fish to study both structural and functional consequences of the mutations. ..
- Hans S, Scheer N, Riedl I, v Weizsäcker E, Blader P, Campos Ortega J. her3, a zebrafish member of the hairy-E(spl) family, is repressed by Notch signalling. Development. 2004;131:2957-69 pubmed..Moreover, Her3 represses its own transcription as well. Surprisingly, and in sharp contrast to other members of the E(spl) gene family, transcription of her3 is repressed rather than activated by Notch signalling. ..
- Dou C, Zhang J. Effects of lead on neurogenesis during zebrafish embryonic brain development. J Hazard Mater. 2011;194:277-82 pubmed publisher..Whole mount in situ hybridization showed that gfap and huC gene expression patterns decreased significantly throughout the brains of the Pb-treated embryos, particularly in ..
- Affaticati P, Yamamoto K, Rizzi B, Bureau C, PeyriÃ©ras N, Pasqualini C, et al. Identification of the optic recess region as a morphogenetic entity in the zebrafish forebrain. Sci Rep. 2015;5:8738 pubmed publisher..The ORR in teleosts could correspond to "telencephalic stalk area" and "alar hypothalamus" in tetrapods, resolving current inconsistencies in the comparison of basal forebrain among vertebrates. ..
- Xu H, Shao X, Zhang Z, Zou Y, Chen Y, Han S, et al. Effects of di-n-butyl phthalate and diethyl phthalate on acetylcholinesterase activity and neurotoxicity related gene expression in embryonic zebrafish. Bull Environ Contam Toxicol. 2013;91:635-9 pubmed publisher..results showed that transcripts of growth associated protein 43 (gap43), embryonic lethal abnormal vision-like 3 (elavl3), glial fibrillary acidic protein (gfap), myelin basic protein (mbp), ?1-tubulin and neurogenin1 (ngn1) were ..
- Stevenson T, Trinh T, Kogelschatz C, Fujimoto E, Lush M, Piotrowski T, et al. Hypoxia disruption of vertebrate CNS pathfinding through ephrinB2 Is rescued by magnesium. PLoS Genet. 2012;8:e1002638 pubmed publisher..These results demonstrate that evolutionarily conserved genetic pathways regulate connectivity changes in the CNS in response to hypoxia, and they support a potential neuroprotective role for magnesium. ..
- Pineda R, Svoboda K, Wright M, Taylor A, Novak A, Gamse J, et al. Knockdown of Nav1.6a Na+ channels affects zebrafish motoneuron development. Development. 2006;133:3827-36 pubmed..Mosaic analysis indicated that effects on ventrally projecting secondary motoneurons were non cell-autonomous. Thus, voltage-gated Na+ channels play cell-autonomous and non cell-autonomous roles during neuronal development. ..
- Park S, Yeo S, Yoo K, Hong S, Lee S, Rhee M, et al. Zath3, a neural basic helix-loop-helix gene, regulates early neurogenesis in the zebrafish. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2003;308:184-90 pubmed..This study suggests that zath3 and ngn1 have partially overlapping roles in early neurogenesis. ..
- Fan C, Cowden J, Simmons S, Padilla S, Ramabhadran R. Gene expression changes in developing zebrafish as potential markers for rapid developmental neurotoxicity screening. Neurotoxicol Teratol. 2010;32:91-8 pubmed publisher..synapsinII a (syn2a) and myelin basic protein (mbp) increased throughout development, while transcripts of gap43, elavl3, nkx2...
- Nakajima H, Yamamoto K, Agarwala S, Terai K, Fukui H, Fukuhara S, et al. Flow-Dependent Endothelial YAP Regulation Contributes to Vessel Maintenance. Dev Cell. 2017;40:523-536.e6 pubmed publisher..Yap1 mutant zebrafish showed a defect in vascular stability, indicating an essential role for Yap1 in blood vessels. Our data imply that endothelial Yap1 functions in response to flow to maintain blood vessels. ..
- Coolen M, Thieffry D, Drivenes Ø, Becker T, Bally Cuif L. miR-9 controls the timing of neurogenesis through the direct inhibition of antagonistic factors. Dev Cell. 2012;22:1052-64 pubmed publisher..analyses in vivo identify the progenitor-promoting genes her6 and zic5 and the cell-cycle exit-promoting gene elavl3/HuC as sequential targets of miR-9 as neurogenesis proceeds...
- Kizil C, Dudczig S, Kyritsis N, Machate A, Blaesche J, Kroehne V, et al. The chemokine receptor cxcr5 regulates the regenerative neurogenesis response in the adult zebrafish brain. Neural Dev. 2012;7:27 pubmed publisher..Further studies on the role of cxcr5 in mediating neuronal replenishment have the potential to produce clinical ramifications in efforts for regenerative therapeutic applications for human neurological disorders or acute injuries. ..
- Higashijima S, Schaefer M, Fetcho J. Neurotransmitter properties of spinal interneurons in embryonic and larval zebrafish. J Comp Neurol. 2004;480:19-37 pubmed..Our approach allowed us to define the likely transmitter phenotypes of most of the known classes of spinal interneurons. These data provide a foundation for understanding the functional organization of the spinal networks in zebrafish. ..
- Guemez Gamboa A, Nguyen L, Yang H, Zaki M, Kara M, Ben Omran T, et al. Inactivating mutations in MFSD2A, required for omega-3 fatty acid transport in brain, cause a lethal microcephaly syndrome. Nat Genet. 2015;47:809-13 pubmed publisher..Our results establish a link between transport of DHA and LPCs by MFSD2A and human brain growth and function, presenting the first evidence of monogenic disease related to transport of DHA in humans. ..
- Zou M, De Koninck P, Neve R, Friedrich R. Fast gene transfer into the adult zebrafish brain by herpes simplex virus 1 (HSV-1) and electroporation: methods and optogenetic applications. Front Neural Circuits. 2014;8:41 pubmed publisher..These methods fill an important gap in the spectrum of molecular tools for zebrafish and are likely to have a wide range of applications. ..
- Dal Maschio M, Donovan J, Helmbrecht T, Baier H. Linking Neurons to Network Function and Behavior by Two-Photon Holographic Optogenetics and Volumetric Imaging. Neuron. 2017;94:774-789.e5 pubmed publisher..Together, this toolkit enables linking behavior to circuit activity with unprecedented resolution. ..
- Chandrasekhar A, Schauerte H, Haffter P, Kuwada J. The zebrafish detour gene is essential for cranial but not spinal motor neuron induction. Development. 1999;126:2727-37 pubmed
- Ishitani T, Matsumoto K, Chitnis A, Itoh M. Nrarp functions to modulate neural-crest-cell differentiation by regulating LEF1 protein stability. Nat Cell Biol. 2005;7:1106-12 pubmed..Furthermore, activation of LEF1 does not affect Notch activity or vice versa. These findings reveal that Nrarp independently regulates canonical Wnt and Notch signalling by modulating LEF1 and Notch protein turnover, respectively. ..
- Arduini B, Bosse K, Henion P. Genetic ablation of neural crest cell diversification. Development. 2009;136:1987-94 pubmed publisher..Our results identify a genetic regulatory pathway functionally discrete from the process of neural crest induction that is required for the initiation of neural crest cell diversification during embryonic development. ..
- Chung H, Chang C, Young H, Hu S, Tzou W, Hu C. Ethanol inhibits retinal and CNS differentiation due to failure of cell cycle exit via an apoptosis-independent pathway. Neurotoxicol Teratol. 2013;38:92-103 pubmed publisher..Continuous ethanol treatment of embryos reduced expression of the mature neural and photoreceptor markers elavl3/huC, rho, and crx; in addition, expression of the neural and retinal progenitor markers ascl1b and pax6b was ..
- Bae Y, Shimizu T, Hibi M. Patterning of proneuronal and inter-proneuronal domains by hairy- and enhancer of split-related genes in zebrafish neuroectoderm. Development. 2005;132:1375-85 pubmed..These data indicate that her3 and her9 function as prepattern genes that link the positional dorsoventral polarity information in the posterior neuroectoderm to the spatial regulation of neurogenesis. ..
- Jin Y, Zhu Z, Wang Y, Yang E, Feng X, Fu Z. The fungicide imazalil induces developmental abnormalities and alters locomotor activity during early developmental stages in zebrafish. Chemosphere. 2016;153:455-61 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, we show that exposure to IMZ has the potential to induce developmental toxicity and locomotor behavior abnormalities during zebrafish development. ..
- Wu B, Yuan R, Lien H, Hung C, Hwang P, Chen R, et al. Multiple signaling factors and drugs alleviate neuronal death induced by expression of human and zebrafish tau proteins in vivo. J Biomed Sci. 2016;23:25 pubmed publisher..was established to express GFP fusion proteins of zebrafish and human tau under the control of a neuron-specific HuC promoter...
- An M, Henion P. The zebrafish sf3b1b460 mutant reveals differential requirements for the sf3b1 pre-mRNA processing gene during neural crest development. Int J Dev Biol. 2012;56:223-37 pubmed publisher..Further, the developmental defects caused by the sf3b1(b460) mutation provide insights into genetic interactions among members of the gene regulatory network controlling neural crest development...
- Nakano Y, Fujita M, Ogino K, Saint Amant L, Kinoshita T, Oda Y, et al. Biogenesis of GPI-anchored proteins is essential for surface expression of sodium channels in zebrafish Rohon-Beard neurons to respond to mechanosensory stimulation. Development. 2010;137:1689-98 pubmed publisher..Taken together, biogenesis of GPI-anchored proteins is necessary for cell surface expression of sodium channels and thus for firings of RB neurons, which enable zebrafish embryos to respond to mechanosensory stimulation. ..
- Bibliowicz J, Gross J. Ectopic proliferation contributes to retinal dysplasia in the juvenile zebrafish patched2 mutant eye. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2011;52:8868-77 pubmed publisher..This study extends the analysis of retinal structure and homeostasis in ptc2-/- mutants to juvenile stages, to determine whether Patched 2 function is essential in the postembryonic eye...
- Koudelka S, Voas M, Almeida R, Baraban M, Soetaert J, Meyer M, et al. Individual Neuronal Subtypes Exhibit Diversity in CNS Myelination Mediated by Synaptic Vesicle Release. Curr Biol. 2016;26:1447-55 pubmed publisher..These data have implications for our understanding of how different neurons regulate myelination and thus their own function within specific neuronal circuits. ..
- Kok F, Oster E, Mentzer L, Hsieh J, Henry C, Sirotkin H. The role of the SPT6 chromatin remodeling factor in zebrafish embryogenesis. Dev Biol. 2007;307:214-26 pubmed..However, additional Spt6 mutant phenotypes are likely caused by vital functions of Spt6 in other pathways. ..
- Ke Z, Kondrichin I, Gong Z, Korzh V. Combined activity of the two Gli2 genes of zebrafish play a major role in Hedgehog signaling during zebrafish neurodevelopment. Mol Cell Neurosci. 2008;37:388-401 pubmed..Gli2b acts in cell proliferation and plays an early role in the hindbrain within a regulatory cascade involving Notch and Ngn1, as well as a role as specific activator in rhombomere 4. ..
- Paquet D, Bhat R, Sydow A, Mandelkow E, Berg S, Hellberg S, et al. A zebrafish model of tauopathy allows in vivo imaging of neuronal cell death and drug evaluation. J Clin Invest. 2009;119:1382-95 pubmed publisher..AR-534 reduced TAU phosphorylation in TAU transgenic zebrafish. This transgenic zebrafish model may become a valuable tool for further studies of the neuropathology of dementia. ..
- Watchon M, Yuan K, Mackovski N, Svahn A, Cole N, Goldsbury C, et al. Calpain Inhibition Is Protective in Machado-Joseph Disease Zebrafish Due to Induction of Autophagy. J Neurosci. 2017;37:7782-7794 pubmed publisher..These findings indicate that induction of autophagy, and removal of ataxin-3 protein, plays an important role in the protective effects of calpain inhibition for the treatment of MJD. ..
- Jin Y, Liu Z, Peng T, Fu Z. The toxicity of chlorpyrifos on the early life stage of zebrafish: a survey on the endpoints at development, locomotor behavior, oxidative stress and immunotoxicity. Fish Shellfish Immunol. 2015;43:405-14 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our results suggested that CPF had the potential to cause developmental toxicity, behavior alterations, oxidative stress and immunotoxicity in the larval zebrafish. ..
- Jeffery J, Neyt C, Moore W, Paterson S, Bower N, Chenevix Trench G, et al. Cep55 regulates embryonic growth and development by promoting Akt stability in zebrafish. FASEB J. 2015;29:1999-2009 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these results provide the first description of Cep55 in development and underline the importance of Cep55 in the regulation of Pi3k/Akt pathway and in particular Akt stability. ..
- Yang Z, Mei L, Xia F, Luo Q, Fu L, Gong H. Dual-slit confocal light sheet microscopy for in vivo whole-brain imaging of zebrafish. Biomed Opt Express. 2015;6:1797-811 pubmed publisher..A two-fold increase in imaging speed of conventional confocal LSM makes it possible to capture the sequence of the neurons' activities and help reveal the potential functional connections in the whole zebrafish's brain. ..
- St John J, Key B. HuC-eGFP mosaic labelling of neurons in zebrafish enables in vivo live cell imaging of growth cones. J Mol Histol. 2012;43:615-23 pubmed publisher..We generated a DNA construct in which the HuC promoter drives expression of eGFP...
- Seipold S, Priller F, Goldsmith P, Harris W, Baier H, Abdelilah Seyfried S. Non-SMC condensin I complex proteins control chromosome segregation and survival of proliferating cells in the zebrafish neural retina. BMC Dev Biol. 2009;9:40 pubmed publisher..In contrast, differentiation of postmitotic retinal cells is not impaired upon polyploidization. ..
- Ishitani T, Hirao T, Suzuki M, Isoda M, Ishitani S, Harigaya K, et al. Nemo-like kinase suppresses Notch signalling by interfering with formation of the Notch active transcriptional complex. Nat Cell Biol. 2010;12:278-85 pubmed publisher..Our results both define a new function for NLK and reveal a previously unidentified mode of regulation in the Notch signalling pathway. ..
- Kaji T, Artinger K. dlx3b and dlx4b function in the development of Rohon-Beard sensory neurons and trigeminal placode in the zebrafish neurula. Dev Biol. 2004;276:523-40 pubmed..These data suggest that the contribution of dlx3b and dlx4b to neural plate border formation is partially non-cell-autonomous acting via BMP activity. ..
- Takano A, Zochi R, Hibi M, Terashima T, Katsuyama Y. Function of strawberry notch family genes in the zebrafish brain development. Kobe J Med Sci. 2011;56:E220-30 pubmed..Knockdown of sbno1 specifically affects regionalization along the anterior-posterior axis of the brain. These results suggest essential roles of sbno genes in vertebrate brain development. ..
- Chung A, Kim M, Kim D, Bang S, Hwang S, Lim C, et al. Neuron-specific expression of atp6v0c2 in zebrafish CNS. Dev Dyn. 2010;239:2501-8 pubmed publisher..In addition, the loss-of-function experiment suggests that ATP6V0C2 is involved in the control of neuronal excitability. ..
- Dam T, Kim H, Moon H, Hwang K, Jeong Y, You K, et al. Neuron-specific expression of scratch genes during early zebrafish development. Mol Cells. 2011;31:471-5 pubmed publisher..Interestingly, scrt-expressing cells largely overlapped with huC-positive differentiating neurons and partially with neurogenin1-positive neuronal precursor cells...
- Chen Q, Jiang L, Li C, Hu D, Bu J, Cai D, et al. Haemodynamics-driven developmental pruning of brain vasculature in zebrafish. PLoS Biol. 2012;10:e1001374 pubmed publisher..Thus, changes of blood flow drive vessel pruning via lateral migration of ECs, leading to the simplification of the vasculature and possibly efficient routing of blood flow in the developing brain. ..
- Marquart G, Tabor K, Brown M, Strykowski J, Varshney G, LaFave M, et al. A 3D Searchable Database of Transgenic Zebrafish Gal4 and Cre Lines for Functional Neuroanatomy Studies. Front Neural Circuits. 2015;9:78 pubmed publisher..Cumulatively, this library of enhancer trap lines provides genetic access to 70% of the larval brain and is therefore a powerful and broadly accessible tool for the dissection of neural circuits in larval zebrafish. ..
- Pérez Schuster V, Kulkarni A, Nouvian M, Romano S, Lygdas K, Jouary A, et al. Sustained Rhythmic Brain Activity Underlies Visual Motion Perception in Zebrafish. Cell Rep. 2016;17:1098-1112 pubmed publisher..Finally, a model based on competition between direction-selective neurons reproduced MAE, suggesting a neuronal circuit capable of generating perception of visual motion. ..
- Juárez Morales J, MARTINEZ DE LUNA R, Zuber M, Roberts A, Lewis K. Zebrafish transgenic constructs label specific neurons in Xenopus laevis spinal cord and identify frog V0v spinal neurons. Dev Neurobiol. 2017;77:1007-1020 pubmed publisher..2017 Wiley Periodicals, Inc. Develop Neurobiol 77: 1007-1020, 2017. ..
- Gulati Leekha A, Goldman D. A reporter-assisted mutagenesis screen using alpha 1-tubulin-GFP transgenic zebrafish uncovers missteps during neuronal development and axonogenesis. Dev Biol. 2006;296:29-47 pubmed..Molecular identification of these loci and analysis of the remaining mutational repertoire will offer unique insights into the genetic inputs that go on to make a mature, differentiated neuron. ..
- Hu C, Tseng C, Chien C, Huang H, Ku W, Lee S, et al. Quantitative proteomics reveals diverse roles of miR-148a from gastric cancer progression to neurological development. J Proteome Res. 2013;12:3993-4004 pubmed publisher..These results provided important insight into the regulation of neurological development elicited by miR-148a. ..
- Glenn T, Talbot W. Analysis of Gpr126 function defines distinct mechanisms controlling the initiation and maturation of myelin. Development. 2013;140:3167-75 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that the mechanisms regulating the initiation of myelination are distinct from those mediating the maturation and maintenance of myelin...
- Ryu S, Holzschuh J, Erhardt S, Ettl A, Driever W. Depletion of minichromosome maintenance protein 5 in the zebrafish retina causes cell-cycle defect and apoptosis. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2005;102:18467-72 pubmed
- Cheng R, Jia Y, Dai L, Liu C, Wang J, Li G, et al. Tris(1,3-dichloro-2-propyl) phosphate disrupts axonal growth, cholinergic system and motor behavior in early life zebrafish. Aquat Toxicol. 2017;192:7-15 pubmed publisher..GFP in transgenic (HuC-GFP) zebrafish larvae as well as decreased expression of the neural marker genes elavl3 and ngn1, inhibited the axonal growth of the secondary motoneurons and altered the expressions of axon-related ..
- Kim D, Kim J, Marques J, Grama A, Hildebrand D, Gu W, et al. Pan-neuronal calcium imaging with cellular resolution in freely swimming zebrafish. Nat Methods. 2017;14:1107-1114 pubmed publisher..This work expands the repertoire of natural behaviors that can be studied with cellular-resolution calcium imaging to potentially include spatial navigation, social behavior, feeding and reward. ..
- Xia L, Zheng L, Zhou J. Effects of ibuprofen, diclofenac and paracetamol on hatch and motor behavior in developing zebrafish (Danio rerio). Chemosphere. 2017;182:416-425 pubmed publisher..These findings indicated that ibuprofen and diclofenac significantly affected embryo locomotivity and were potentially neurotoxic, thus posing threats to zebrafish development. ..
- Hu Z, Zhang J, Zhang Q. Expression pattern and functions of autophagy-related gene atg5 in zebrafish organogenesis. Autophagy. 2011;7:1514-27 pubmed..of brain regionalization and body plan as well as for expression regulation of neural gene markers: gli1, huC, nkx2.2, pink1, ?-synuclein, xb51 and zic1...
- Lewellis S, Nagelberg D, Subedi A, Staton A, LeBlanc M, GIRALDEZ A, et al. Precise SDF1-mediated cell guidance is achieved through ligand clearance and microRNA-mediated decay. J Cell Biol. 2013;200:337-55 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggest an "attractive path" model in which migrating cells closely follow a dynamic SDF1a source that is refined on a transcript and protein level by miR-430 and Cxcr7b, respectively. ..
- Shiau C, Kaufman Z, Meireles A, Talbot W. Differential requirement for irf8 in formation of embryonic and adult macrophages in zebrafish. PLoS ONE. 2015;10:e0117513 pubmed publisher..Our study defines distinct requirement for irf8 in myelopoiesis before and after transition to the adult hematopoietic system. ..
- Xiong F, Obholzer N, Noche R, Megason S. Multibow: digital spectral barcodes for cell tracing. PLoS ONE. 2015;10:e0127822 pubmed publisher..We tested Multibow in zebrafish which validates its design concept and suggests its utility for cell tracing applications in development and regeneration. ..
- Chen C, Chu P, Lee L, Lien H, Lin T, Fan C, et al. Disruption of murine mp29/Syf2/Ntc31 gene results in embryonic lethality with aberrant checkpoint response. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e33538 pubmed publisher..A lower level of acetylated ?-tubulin was also observed in zfp29 morphants. Together, these results illustrate an indispensable role of mp29 in DNA checkpoint response during embryonic development. ..
- Itoh M, Kudoh T, Dedekian M, Kim C, Chitnis A. A role for iro1 and iro7 in the establishment of an anteroposterior compartment of the ectoderm adjacent to the midbrain-hindbrain boundary. Development. 2002;129:2317-27 pubmed
- Luo N, Li H, Xiang B, Qiao L, He J, Ji Y, et al. Syndecan-4 modulates the proliferation of neural cells and the formation of CaP axons during zebrafish embryonic neurogenesis. Sci Rep. 2016;6:25300 pubmed publisher..Collectively, these data indicate that Syn4 suppresses the cellular proliferation during neurogenesis and is crucial for the formation of CaP axons during zebrafish embryogenesis. ..
- Pei D, Luther W, Wang W, Paw B, Stewart R, George R. Distinct neuroblastoma-associated alterations of PHOX2B impair sympathetic neuronal differentiation in zebrafish models. PLoS Genet. 2013;9:e1003533 pubmed publisher..This effect on terminal differentiation is associated with an increased number of phox2b(+), ascl1(+), elavl3(-) cells that respond poorly to retinoic acid...