Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: egr1
Description: early growth response 1
Alias: krox-24, krox24, wu:fj64b05, wu:fq25f01, early growth response protein 1, EGR-1, etID309970.14, zinc finger protein Krox-24
- Baker B, Yee J, Meyer D, Yang D, Baker T. Histological and Transcriptomic Changes in Male Zebrafish Testes Due to Early Life Exposure to Low Level 2,3,7,8-Tetrachlorodibenzo-p-Dioxin. Zebrafish. 2016;13:413-23 pubmed publisher..These data will inform future investigations to elucidate the mechanism of adult-onset and transgenerational infertility due to TCDD exposure in zebrafish. ..
- Zhang L, Bonilla S, Zhang Y, Leung Y. p35 promotes the differentiation of amacrine cell subtype in the zebrafish retina under the regulation of egr1. Dev Dyn. 2014;243:315-23 pubmed publisherEarly growth response 1 (egr1) is a transcription factor (TF) for controlling the differentiation of Parvalbumin (Parv) -expressing amacrine cells (ACs) in zebrafish...
- Jia H, King I, Chopra S, Wan H, Ni T, Jiang C, et al. Vertebrate heart growth is regulated by functional antagonism between Gridlock and Gata5. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2007;104:14008-13 pubmed..Hence, our studies suggest that Grl regulates embryonic heart growth via opposing Gata5, at least in part through their protein interactions in modulating gene expression. ..
- Banjo T, Grajcarek J, Yoshino D, Osada H, Miyasaka K, Kida Y, et al. Haemodynamically dependent valvulogenesis of zebrafish heart is mediated by flow-dependent expression of miR-21. Nat Commun. 2013;4:1978 pubmed publisher..We conclude that miR-21 is a central component of a flow-controlled mechanotransduction system in a physicogenetic regulatory loop. ..
- Anelli V, Villefranc J, Chhangawala S, Martinez McFaline R, Riva E, Nguyen A, et al. Oncogenic BRAF disrupts thyroid morphogenesis and function via twist expression. elife. 2017;6: pubmed publisher..These data suggest that expression of TWIST2 plays a role in an early step of BRAFV600E-mediated transformation. ..
- Ruuskanen J, Xhaard H, Marjamäki A, Salaneck E, Salminen T, Yan Y, et al. Identification of duplicated fourth alpha2-adrenergic receptor subtype by cloning and mapping of five receptor genes in zebrafish. Mol Biol Evol. 2004;21:14-28 pubmed
- Dalcq J, Pasque V, Ghaye A, Larbuisson A, Motte P, Martial J, et al. RUNX3, EGR1 and SOX9B form a regulatory cascade required to modulate BMP-signaling during cranial cartilage development in zebrafish. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e50140 pubmed publisher..In this study, we show that the endodermal factors Runx3 and Sox9b form a regulatory cascade with Egr1 resulting in transcriptional repression of the fsta gene, encoding a BMP antagonist, in pharyngeal endoderm...
- deCarvalho T, Akitake C, Thisse C, Thisse B, Halpern M. Aversive cues fail to activate fos expression in the asymmetric olfactory-habenula pathway of zebrafish. Front Neural Circuits. 2013;7:98 pubmed publisher..The results indicate that L-R asymmetry of the epithalamus sets the directionality of olfactory innervation, however, the lhx2a:YFP OB-Ha pathway does not appear to mediate fear responses to aversive odorants...
- Micale L, Loviglio M, Manzoni M, Fusco C, Augello B, Migliavacca E, et al. A fish-specific transposable element shapes the repertoire of p53 target genes in zebrafish. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e46642 pubmed publisher..Our data pinpoint a remarkable example of convergent evolution: the exaptation of lineage-specific transposons to shape p53-regulated neuronal morphogenesis-related pathways in both a hominid and a teleost fish. ..
- Kress S, Wullimann M. Correlated basal expression of immediate early gene egr1 and tyrosine hydroxylase in zebrafish brain and downregulation in olfactory bulb after transitory olfactory deprivation. J Chem Neuroanat. 2012;46:51-66 pubmed publisher..In rodents, the immediate early gene egr1 is involved in maintaining the dopaminergic phenotype of periglomerular olfactory bulb cells in an activity ..
- Hortopan G, Dinday M, Baraban S. Spontaneous seizures and altered gene expression in GABA signaling pathways in a mind bomb mutant zebrafish. J Neurosci. 2010;30:13718-28 pubmed publisher..This work may have important implications for neurological and neurodevelopmental disorders associated with mutations in ubiquitin ligase activity. ..
- Oosterhof N, Holtman I, Kuil L, van der Linde H, Boddeke E, Eggen B, et al. Identification of a conserved and acute neurodegeneration-specific microglial transcriptome in the zebrafish. Glia. 2017;65:138-149 pubmed publisher..glia 2016;65:138-149. ..
- Wu M, Liu S, Hu L, Qu H, Pan C, Lei P, et al. Global transcriptomic analysis of zebrafish in response to embryonic exposure to three antidepressants, amitriptyline, fluoxetine and mianserin. Aquat Toxicol. 2017;192:274-283 pubmed publisher..subfamily 1, group D, member 1 (nr1d1) and period 2 (per2); and genes encoding early growth response factors (egr1 and egr4), in the antidepressant-treated fish larvae...
- Teles M, Almeida O, Lopes J, Oliveira R. Social interactions elicit rapid shifts in functional connectivity in the social decision-making network of zebrafish. Proc Biol Sci. 2015;282:20151099 pubmed publisher..e. the state of its interconnected areas) is central to its functional relevance. ..