Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: eef1a1l1
Description: eukaryotic translation elongation factor 1 alpha 1, like 1
Alias: EFL1-alpha, chunp6927, eef1a, ef1a, ik:tdsubc_2a3, ik:tdsubc_2b3, tdsubc_2a3, wu:fa91c07, wu:fa94b03, wu:fi13b09, xx:tdsubc_2a3, xx:tdsubc_2b3, elongation factor 1-alpha, EF-1-alpha, ef-1 alpha
- Kausch U, Alberti M, Haindl S, Budczies J, Hock B. Biomarkers for exposure to estrogenic compounds: gene expression analysis in zebrafish (Danio rerio). Environ Toxicol. 2008;23:15-24 pubmed publisher..Genistein also upregulated the expression of four eggshell proteins, which can be used as biomarkers for exposure to this chemical. ..
- Martyniuk C, Gerrie E, Popesku J, Ekker M, Trudeau V. Microarray analysis in the zebrafish (Danio rerio) liver and telencephalon after exposure to low concentration of 17alpha-ethinylestradiol. Aquat Toxicol. 2007;84:38-49 pubmed
- Nicoli S, Standley C, Walker P, Hurlstone A, Fogarty K, Lawson N. MicroRNA-mediated integration of haemodynamics and Vegf signalling during angiogenesis. Nature. 2010;464:1196-200 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our work describes a novel genetic mechanism in which a microRNA facilitates integration of a physiological stimulus with growth factor signalling in endothelial cells to guide angiogenesis. ..
- Jones H, Panter G, Hutchinson T, Chipman J. Oxidative and conjugative xenobiotic metabolism in zebrafish larvae in vivo. Zebrafish. 2010;7:23-30 pubmed publisher..The modulation of these genes and activities by CYP inducers is also reported. The continued use of these model organisms in toxicity testing is supported by this study. ..
- Wong R, Oxendine S, Godwin J. Behavioral and neurogenomic transcriptome changes in wild-derived zebrafish with fluoxetine treatment. BMC Genomics. 2013;14:348 pubmed publisher..This study provides data that could help identify common molecular mechanisms of fluoxetine action across animal taxa. ..
- Du S, Li H, Bian Y, Zhong Y. Heat-shock protein 90alpha1 is required for organized myofibril assembly in skeletal muscles of zebrafish embryos. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2008;105:554-9 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that Hsp90alpha1 plays an important role in muscle development, likely through facilitating myosin folding and assembly into organized myofibril filaments...
- Lin H, Traver D, Zhu H, Dooley K, Paw B, Zon L, et al. Analysis of thrombocyte development in CD41-GFP transgenic zebrafish. Blood. 2005;106:3803-10 pubmed..These studies have shown that it is possible to identify thrombocytes, thrombocyte precursors, and, possibly, early hematopoietic stem cells in zebrafish embryos and track their proliferation and maturation. ..
- Gering M, Patient R. Hedgehog signaling is required for adult blood stem cell formation in zebrafish embryos. Dev Cell. 2005;8:389-400 pubmed..Furthermore, HSC and DA formation also share Vegf and Notch requirements, which further distinguishes them from primitive hematopoiesis and underlines their close relationship during vertebrate development. ..
- Tang R, Dodd A, Lai D, McNabb W, Love D. Validation of zebrafish (Danio rerio) reference genes for quantitative real-time RT-PCR normalization. Acta Biochim Biophys Sin (Shanghai). 2007;39:384-90 pubmed..Importantly, the zebrafish GAPDH gene appears unsuitable as reference gene for both types of studies. ..
- Craig P, Hogstrand C, Wood C, McClelland G. Gene expression endpoints following chronic waterborne copper exposure in a genomic model organism, the zebrafish, Danio rerio. Physiol Genomics. 2009;40:23-33 pubmed publisher..5% contained only a consensus MRE. We conclude that the indirect effects of Cu exposure regulate gene expression to a much greater degree than the direct effects. ..
- Svoboda O, Stachura D, Machonova O, Zon L, Traver D, Bartunek P. Ex vivo tools for the clonal analysis of zebrafish hematopoiesis. Nat Protoc. 2016;11:1007-20 pubmed publisher..The present protocol should facilitate such studies on cells derived from zebrafish. ..
- van Boxtel A, Pieterse B, Cenijn P, Kamstra J, Brouwer A, van Wieringen W, et al. Dithiocarbamates induce craniofacial abnormalities and downregulate sox9a during zebrafish development. Toxicol Sci. 2010;117:209-17 pubmed publisher..Together, we provide evidence for a novel teratogenic endpoint and a molecular basis for a better understanding of DTC-induced teratogenesis in vertebrates. ..
- LeMoine C, Craig P, Dhekney K, Kim J, McClelland G. Temporal and spatial patterns of gene expression in skeletal muscles in response to swim training in adult zebrafish (Danio rerio). J Comp Physiol B. 2010;180:151-60 pubmed publisher..These results suggest complex temporal and spatial adaptive molecular responses to exercise in the skeletal muscles of zebrafish. ..
- Lin C, Spikings E, Zhang T, Rawson D. Housekeeping genes for cryopreservation studies on zebrafish embryos and blastomeres. Theriogenology. 2009;71:1147-55 pubmed publisher..Results suggest that combined use of beta-actin and EF1alpha as housekeeping genes would be suitable for cryopreservation studies on zebrafish embryos and blastomeres. ..
- Klangnurak W, Tokumoto T. Fine selection of up-regulated genes during ovulation by in vivo induction of oocyte maturation and ovulation in zebrafish. Zoological Lett. 2017;3:2 pubmed publisher..The ovulation-specific up-regulation of three candidates, slc37a4a, zgc:65811 and zgc:92184 was confirmed by qPCR. Our in vivo assay provides a new approach to precisely select genes associated with ovulation. ..
- Yamaguchi M, Fujimori Tonou N, Yoshimura Y, Kishi T, Okamoto H, Masai I. Mutation of DNA primase causes extensive apoptosis of retinal neurons through the activation of DNA damage checkpoint and tumor suppressor p53. Development. 2008;135:1247-57 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that the surveillance system of genome integrity strongly influences the cell fate decision between differentiation and apoptosis during retinal neurogenesis in zebrafish. ..
- Miyake A, Nakayama Y, Konishi M, Itoh N. Fgf19 regulated by Hh signaling is required for zebrafish forebrain development. Dev Biol. 2005;288:259-75 pubmed..The present findings indicate that Fgf19 signaling is crucial for forebrain development by interacting with Hh and provide new insights into the roles of Fgf signaling in brain development. ..
- Craig P, Moon T. Fasted zebrafish mimic genetic and physiological responses in mammals: a model for obesity and diabetes?. Zebrafish. 2011;8:109-17 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these data suggest adult zebrafish are an appropriate model for the further study of human metabolic disorders. ..
- Dubrulle J, Jordan B, Akhmetova L, Farrell J, Kim S, Solnica Krezel L, et al. Response to Nodal morphogen gradient is determined by the kinetics of target gene induction. elife. 2015;4: pubmed publisher..Thus, the timing and magnitude of target gene expression can be used to modulate the range of expression and diversify the response to morphogen gradients. ..
- Rosa C, Kuradomi R, Almeida D, Lannes C, Figueiredo M, Dytz A, et al. GH overexpression modifies muscle expression of anti-oxidant enzymes and increases spinal curvature of old zebrafish. Exp Gerontol. 2010;45:449-56 pubmed publisher..The results obtained here indicate that GH overexpression reduces the transcription of anti-oxidant defense system and myogenesis-related genes, which probably accelerates senescence in the zebrafish transgenic model used. ..
- Waxman J, Yelon D. Zebrafish retinoic acid receptors function as context-dependent transcriptional activators. Dev Biol. 2011;352:128-40 pubmed publisher..Taking into account studies of RA signaling in tunicates and tetrapods, we propose a parsimonious model of the evolution of RAR function during chordate anterior-posterior patterning. ..
- Hultman K, Budi E, Teasley D, Gottlieb A, Parichy D, Johnson S. Defects in ErbB-dependent establishment of adult melanocyte stem cells reveal independent origins for embryonic and regeneration melanocytes. PLoS Genet. 2009;5:e1000544 pubmed publisher..Lastly, that kitla overexpression can recruit the MSC to develop excess melanocytes raises the possibility that Kit signaling may be involved in MSC recruitment during regeneration. ..
- Yamauchi H, Miyakawa N, Miyake A, Itoh N. Fgf4 is required for left-right patterning of visceral organs in zebrafish. Dev Biol. 2009;332:177-85 pubmed publisher..The present findings indicate that Fgf4 plays a unique role in the LR patterning of visceral organs in zebrafish. ..
- Davidson W, Kari C, Ren Q, Daroczi B, Dicker A, Rodeck U. Differential regulation of p53 function by the N-terminal ?Np53 and ?113p53 isoforms in zebrafish embryos. BMC Dev Biol. 2010;10:102 pubmed publisher..In contrast to FLp53, the developmental abnormalities caused by ?Np53 were not counteracted by concomitant expression of ?113p53. ..
- Wong R, McLeod M, Godwin J. Limited sex-biased neural gene expression patterns across strains in Zebrafish (Danio rerio). BMC Genomics. 2014;15:905 pubmed publisher..A possible mechanism is through regulating specific brain gene networks. ..
- Kobayashi I, Ono H, Moritomo T, Kano K, Nakanishi T, Suda T. Comparative gene expression analysis of zebrafish and mammals identifies common regulators in hematopoietic stem cells. Blood. 2010;115:e1-9 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that the overlapping genes identified in this study are regulated in HSCs and play important roles in their functions. ..
- Karanth S, Zinkhan E, Hill J, Yost H, Schlegel A. FOXN3 Regulates Hepatic Glucose Utilization. Cell Rep. 2016;15:2745-55 pubmed publisher..Human FOXN3 binds DNA sequences in the human MYC and zebrafish mycb loci. We conclude that the rs8004664 risk allele drives excessive expression of FOXN3 during fasting and that FOXN3 regulates fasting blood glucose. ..
- Kobayashi I, Saito K, Moritomo T, Araki K, Takizawa F, Nakanishi T. Characterization and localization of side population (SP) cells in zebrafish kidney hematopoietic tissue. Blood. 2008;111:1131-7 pubmed..This result suggests that teleost HSCs adhere to the surface of renal tubules, and that renal tubule epithelial cells are a key component of HSC niche in teleosts...
- Wild R, Klems A, Takamiya M, Hayashi Y, Strahle U, Ando K, et al. Neuronal sFlt1 and Vegfaa determine venous sprouting and spinal cord vascularization. Nat Commun. 2017;8:13991 pubmed publisher..Conceptually, our data suggest that spinal cord vascularization proceeds from veins involving two-tiered regulation of neuronal sFlt1 and Vegfaa via a novel sprouting mode. ..
- Muller J, Jepson C, Laval S, Bushby K, Straub V, Lochmuller H. Dok-7 promotes slow muscle integrity as well as neuromuscular junction formation in a zebrafish model of congenital myasthenic syndromes. Hum Mol Genet. 2010;19:1726-40 pubmed publisher..Our findings in the zebrafish model contribute to a better understanding of the signalling pathways at the NMJ and the pathomechanisms of DOK7 CMSs. ..
- Peng K, Pan C, Chou H, Chen J. Using an improved Tol2 transposon system to produce transgenic zebrafish with epinecidin-1 which enhanced resistance to bacterial infection. Fish Shellfish Immunol. 2010;28:905-17 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that using epinecidin-1 as a transgene in zebrafish can effectively inhibit bacterial growth for up to 24h after infection. ..
- Fraser T, Khezri A, Jusdado J, Lewandowska Sabat A, Henry T, Ropstad E. Toxicant induced behavioural aberrations in larval zebrafish are dependent on minor methodological alterations. Toxicol Lett. 2017;276:62-68 pubmed publisher..As such, our results have significant consequences for human and environmental risk assessment. ..
- Nornes S, Newman M, Wells S, Verdile G, Martins R, Lardelli M. Independent and cooperative action of Psen2 with Psen1 in zebrafish embryos. Exp Cell Res. 2009;315:2791-801 pubmed publisher..The effects of changes in Psen2 activity on DoLA interneurons and other cells in zebrafish embryos provide bioassays for more detailed dissection of Psen2 function. ..
- Li L, Jin H, Xu J, Shi Y, Wen Z. Irf8 regulates macrophage versus neutrophil fate during zebrafish primitive myelopoiesis. Blood. 2011;117:1359-69 pubmed publisher..1 but is insufficient to promote macrophage development in the absence of Pu.1. Our findings demonstrate that Irf8 is a critical determinant for neutrophil versus macrophage fate choice during zebrafish primitive myelopoiesis. ..
- Sissener N, Johannessen L, Hevrøy E, Wiik Nielsen C, Berdal K, Nordgreen A, et al. Zebrafish ( Danio rerio) as a model for investigating the safety of GM feed ingredients (soya and maize); performance, stress response and uptake of dietary DNA sequences. Br J Nutr. 2010;103:3-15 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, zebrafish shows promise as a model for this application. ..
- Dal Forno G, Kist L, de Azevedo M, Fritsch R, Pereira T, Britto R, et al. Intraperitoneal exposure to nano/microparticles of fullerene (C??) increases acetylcholinesterase activity and lipid peroxidation in adult zebrafish (Danio rerio) brain. Biomed Res Int. 2013;2013:623789 pubmed publisher..Taken together these findings provided further evidence of toxic effects on brain after C60 exposure. ..
- Tiedke J, Gerlach F, Mitz S, Hankeln T, Burmester T. Ontogeny of globin expression in zebrafish (Danio rerio). J Comp Physiol B. 2011;181:1011-21 pubmed publisher..Globin X mRNA level was highest in oocytes, but low in later stages. Together, these data suggest a specific role for each globin, which are also associated with certain events in fish development. ..
- Kramer C, Mayr T, Nowak M, Schumacher J, Runke G, Bauer H, et al. Maternally supplied Smad5 is required for ventral specification in zebrafish embryos prior to zygotic Bmp signaling. Dev Biol. 2002;250:263-79 pubmed..This indicates that maternally supplied Smad5 is already required to mediate ventral specification prior to zygotic Bmp2/7 signaling to establish the initial dorsoventral asymmetry. ..
- Lai S, Chang C, Wang P, Lee S. Rho mediates cytokinesis and epiboly via ROCK in zebrafish. Mol Reprod Dev. 2005;71:186-96 pubmed..Taken together, these results suggest that Rho mediates cleavage furrow protein assembly during cytokinesis and cellular migration during epiboly and gastrulation via a ROK/ROCK-dependent pathway. ..
- Vanhauwaert S, Van Peer G, Rihani A, Janssens E, Rondou P, Lefever S, et al. Expressed repeat elements improve RT-qPCR normalization across a wide range of zebrafish gene expression studies. PLoS ONE. 2014;9:e109091 pubmed publisher..Our applied strategy to find and evaluate candidate expressed repeat elements for RT-qPCR data normalization has high potential to be used also for other species. ..
- Correa R, Matsui T, Tergaonkar V, Rodriguez Esteban C, Izpisua Belmonte J, Verma I. Zebrafish IkappaB kinase 1 negatively regulates NF-kappaB activity. Curr Biol. 2005;15:1291-5 pubmed..Here, we report that Ikk1 negatively regulates NF-kappaB by sequestering NEMO from active IKK complexes, indicating that IKK1 can function as a repressor of NF-kappaB. ..
- Nguyen Chi M, Laplace Builhé B, Travnickova J, Luz Crawford P, Tejedor G, Lutfalla G, et al. TNF signaling and macrophages govern fin regeneration in zebrafish larvae. Cell Death Dis. 2017;8:e2979 pubmed publisher..Our study reveals that TNFR1 has a necessary and direct role in blastema cell activation suggesting that macrophage subset balance provides the accurate TNF? signal to prime regeneration in zebrafish. ..
- Chu L, Li J, Liu Y, Cheng C. Gonadotropin Signaling in Zebrafish Ovary and Testis Development: Insights From Gene Knockout Study. Mol Endocrinol. 2015;29:1743-58 pubmed publisher..In the absence of FSH, LH could play a compensatory role by cross-reacting with FSHR in both male and female. ..
- Dokmanovic Chouinard M, Chung W, Chevre J, Watson E, Yonan J, Wiegand B, et al. Positional cloning of "Lisch-Like", a candidate modifier of susceptibility to type 2 diabetes in mice. PLoS Genet. 2008;4:e1000137 pubmed publisher..D congenic lines. The human ortholog, C1orf32, is in the middle of a 30-Mb region of Chr1q23-25 that has been repeatedly associated with type 2 diabetes. ..
- Weger B, Sahinbas M, Otto G, Mracek P, Armant O, Dolle D, et al. The light responsive transcriptome of the zebrafish: function and regulation. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e17080 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that the mechanisms involved in period2 regulation might represent a more general pathway leading to light induced gene expression. ..
- Meng X, Bartholomew C, Craft J. Differential expression of vitellogenin and oestrogen receptor genes in the liver of zebrafish, Danio rerio. Anal Bioanal Chem. 2010;396:625-30 pubmed publisher..1% of female fish), while ERbeta1 could not be detected. The very low level of expression of ERalpha in males raises questions about the accepted mechanism of oestrogenic induction of VTG in male fish. ..
- Morais S, Knoll Gellida A, André M, Barthe C, Babin P. Conserved expression of alternative splicing variants of peroxisomal acyl-CoA oxidase 1 in vertebrates and developmental and nutritional regulation in fish. Physiol Genomics. 2007;28:239-52 pubmed..Taken together, these data indicate that ACOX1 alternative splicing isoforms play a key conserved role in the vertebrate fatty acid metabolism. ..
- Lin C, Spikings E, Zhang T, Rawson D. Effect of chilling and cryopreservation on expression of Pax genes in zebrafish (Danio rerio) embryos and blastomeres. Cryobiology. 2009;59:42-7 pubmed publisher..Cryopreservation can therefore disrupt normal gene expression patterns in zebrafish embryonic blastomeres which could have a detrimental effect on embryo development. ..
- Lee S, Chan T, Chen T, Liao B, Hwang P, Lee H. LPA1 is essential for lymphatic vessel development in zebrafish. FASEB J. 2008;22:3706-15 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these results demonstrate that LPA(1) is necessary for lymphatic vessel formation during embryonic development in zebrafish. ..
- Cheng S, Shakespeare T, Mui R, White T, Valdimarsson G. Connexin 48.5 is required for normal cardiovascular function and lens development in zebrafish embryos. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:36993-7003 pubmed..5 has an essential role in the maintenance of lens homeostasis. The morpholino-treated embryos also developed small lenses and eyes as well as severe cardiovascular abnormalities. ..
- Takagi Y, Kobayashi M, Li L, Suzuki T, Nishikawa K, Yamamoto M. MafT, a new member of the small Maf protein family in zebrafish. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2004;320:62-9 pubmed..These results indicated that MafT is a new member of small Maf proteins and involved in the Nrf2-dependent gene regulation in cellular defense system. ..
- Thang N, Diep P, Lien P, Lien L. Polygonum multiflorum root extract as a potential candidate for treatment of early graying hair. J Adv Pharm Technol Res. 2017;8:8-13 pubmed publisher..Taken together, we suggested that PM-RE at safe doses could be used as a potential agent for the treatment of early hair graying and other loss pigmentation-related diseases. ..
- Teles M, Cardoso S, Oliveira R. Social Plasticity Relies on Different Neuroplasticity Mechanisms across the Brain Social Decision-Making Network in Zebrafish. Front Behav Neurosci. 2016;10:16 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that social plasticity relies on multiple neuroplasticity mechanisms across the SDMN, and that there is not a single neuromolecular module underlying this type of behavioral flexibility. ..
- Assis L, Crespo D, Morais R, FranÃ§a L, Bogerd J, Schulz R. INSL3 stimulates spermatogonial differentiation in testis of adult zebrafish (Danio rerio). Cell Tissue Res. 2016;363:579-88 pubmed publisher..Thus, hINSL3 seems to recruit Aund spermatogonia into differentiation, potentially mediating an Fsh effect on spermatogenesis. ..
- Hooper A, Shmelkov S, Gupta S, Milde T, Bambino K, Gillen K, et al. Angiomodulin is a specific marker of vasculature and regulates vascular endothelial growth factor-A-dependent neoangiogenesis. Circ Res. 2009;105:201-8 pubmed publisher..These results demonstrate that the vascular-specific marker AGM modulates vascular remodeling in part by temporizing the proangiogenic effects of VEGF-A. ..
- Moon H, Kim O, Kim H, Choi J, Yeo S, Kim N, et al. Establishment of a transgenic zebrafish EF1?:Kaede for monitoring cell proliferation during regeneration. Fish Shellfish Immunol. 2013;34:1390-4 pubmed publisher..Developed Tg(EF1?:Kaede) line has potential to investigate the cell proliferation, regeneration, wound healing capacities after tissue damage and evaluate the therapeutic power of wound healing drugs. ..
- Craig M, Grajevskaja V, Liao H, Balciuniene J, Ekker S, Park J, et al. Etv2 and fli1b function together as key regulators of vasculogenesis and angiogenesis. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2015;35:865-76 pubmed publisher..Etv2 alone is required for early vasculogenesis, whereas Etv2 and Fli1b function redundantly during late vasculogenesis and early embryonic angiogenesis. ..
- Ge C, Lu W, Chen A. Quantitative proteomic reveals the dynamic of protein profile during final oocyte maturation in zebrafish. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2017;490:657-663 pubmed publisher..These data will provide powerful information for understanding the molecular mechanism underlying zebrafish oocyte maturation, and these proteins may potentially act as markers to predict control oocyte maturation of zebrafish oocytes. ..
- Diamante G, do Amaral E Silva Müller G, Menjivar Cervantes N, Xu E, Volz D, Dias Bainy A, et al. Developmental toxicity of hydroxylated chrysene metabolites in zebrafish embryos. Aquat Toxicol. 2017;189:77-86 pubmed publisher..Our findings also demonstrate the regio-selective toxicity of hydroxy-PAHs in the effects on eye and circulatory development and raise the need to identify mechanisms and ecological risks of oxy-PAHs to fish populations. ..
- Asai Coakwell M, French C, Berry K, Ye M, Koss R, Somerville M, et al. GDF6, a novel locus for a spectrum of ocular developmental anomalies. Am J Hum Genet. 2007;80:306-15 pubmed..These results underscore the value of integrated clinical and molecular investigation of patients with chromosomal anomalies...
- Goishi K, Shimizu A, Najarro G, Watanabe S, Rogers R, Zon L, et al. AlphaA-crystallin expression prevents gamma-crystallin insolubility and cataract formation in the zebrafish cloche mutant lens. Development. 2006;133:2585-93 pubmed..In addition, these results show that proteomics is a valuable tool for detecting protein alterations in zebrafish. ..
- Smith K, Noël E, Thurlings I, Rehmann H, Chocron S, Bakkers J. Bmp and nodal independently regulate lefty1 expression to maintain unilateral nodal activity during left-right axis specification in zebrafish. PLoS Genet. 2011;7:e1002289 pubmed publisher..When nodal flow has been established and Nodal activity is apparent, both Nodal and Bmp independently are required for lefty1 expression to assure unilateral Nodal activation and correct LR patterning. ..
- Houbrechts A, Delarue J, Gabriëls I, Sourbron J, Darras V. Permanent Deiodinase Type 2 Deficiency Strongly Perturbs Zebrafish Development, Growth, and Fertility. Endocrinology. 2016;157:3668-81 pubmed publisher..As the first nonmammalian model with permanent Dio2 deficiency, these mutant zebrafish lines provide evidence that Dio2 is essential to assure normal development and to obtain a normal adult phenotype. ..
- Macqueen D, Johnston I. Evolution of follistatin in teleosts revealed through phylogenetic, genomic and expression analyses. Dev Genes Evol. 2008;218:1-14 pubmed..Later, fst1 was expressed in myogenic progenitors of the pectoral fin buds and also within the pax7(+) cell layer external to the myotome. ..
- Zhang X, Zhong Y, Tian H, Wang W, Ru S. Impairment of the cortisol stress response mediated by the hypothalamus-pituitary-interrenal (HPI) axis in zebrafish (Danio rerio) exposed to monocrotophos pesticide. Comp Biochem Physiol C Toxicol Pharmacol. 2015;176-177:10-6 pubmed publisher..Considered together, the reduced ability to elevate cortisol levels in response to an acute stress may be an endocrine dysfunction occurring in zebrafish subchronically exposed to MCP pesticide. ..
- Tse A, Ge W. Spatial localization of EGF family ligands and receptors in the zebrafish ovarian follicle and their expression profiles during folliculogenesis. Gen Comp Endocrinol. 2010;167:397-407 pubmed publisher..The functional relationship between these two signaling systems in the follicle is suggested by the observation that all four EGFR ligands examined significantly stimulated activin subunit expression in cultured follicle cells. ..
- Cao Y, Park A, Sun Z. Intraflagellar transport proteins are essential for cilia formation and for planar cell polarity. J Am Soc Nephrol. 2010;21:1326-33 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, we found that multiple ift genes genetically interact with pk1. Taken together, these data suggest that IFT proteins play a conserved role in cilia formation and planar cell polarity in zebrafish. ..
- Tavares B, Jacinto R, Sampaio P, Pestana S, Pinto A, Vaz A, et al. Notch/Her12 signalling modulates, motile/immotile cilia ratio downstream of Foxj1a in zebrafish left-right organizer. elife. 2017;6: pubmed publisher..This disrupts the normal fluid flow intensity and pattern, with consequent impact on dand5 expression pattern and left-right (L-R) axis establishment. ..
- Skarie J, Link B. The primary open-angle glaucoma gene WDR36 functions in ribosomal RNA processing and interacts with the p53 stress-response pathway. Hum Mol Genet. 2008;17:2474-85 pubmed publisher..Although these results overall do not provide evidence for or against a role of WDR36 in POAG, they do provide important baseline information for future studies. ..
- Lang X, Wang L, Zhang Z. Stability evaluation of reference genes for real-time PCR in zebrafish (Danio rerio) exposed to cadmium chloride and subsequently infected by bacteria Aeromonas hydrophila. Aquat Toxicol. 2016;170:240-250 pubmed publisher..It emphasized the importance of reference gene evaluation for studies using qPCR, in particular when investigations involve factors not explored previously. ..
- Zou J, Lathrop K, Sun M, Wei X. Intact retinal pigment epithelium maintained by Nok is essential for retinal epithelial polarity and cellular patterning in zebrafish. J Neurosci. 2008;28:13684-95 pubmed publisher..Our results show that the subcellular architecture and cellular pattern formation of a tissue may be regulated by neighboring tissues through tissue-tissue interactions. ..
- Milash B, Gao J, Stevenson T, Son J, Dahl T, Bonkowsky J. Temporal Dysynchrony in brain connectivity gene expression following hypoxia. BMC Genomics. 2016;17:334 pubmed publisher..The observed dysynchrony of gene expression could impair the development of normal CNS connectivity maps. ..
- Fan C, Cowden J, Simmons S, Padilla S, Ramabhadran R. Gene expression changes in developing zebrafish as potential markers for rapid developmental neurotoxicity screening. Neurotoxicol Teratol. 2010;32:91-8 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that the expression profiles of these genes may be useful biomarkers for rapid evaluation of the developmental neurotoxicity potential of chemicals. ..
- Mouriec K, Gueguen M, Manuel C, Percevault F, Thieulant M, Pakdel F, et al. Androgens upregulate cyp19a1b (aromatase B) gene expression in the brain of zebrafish (Danio rerio) through estrogen receptors. Biol Reprod. 2009;80:889-96 pubmed publisher..The blockage of the androgen regulation of cyp19a1b expression using antiestrogens further confirmed the involvement of estrogen receptors in mediating these effects. ..
- Fortier S, Yang X, Wang Y, Bennett R, Strauss P. Base excision repair in early zebrafish development: evidence for DNA polymerase switching and standby AP endonuclease activity. Biochemistry. 2009;48:5396-404 pubmed publisher..The switch to normal, adult BER occurs fully when the embryos hatch from the chorionic membrane and encounter normal oxidative stress. ..