Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: ednrba
Description: endothelin receptor Ba
Alias: ednrb1, ednrb1a, endothelin B receptor, endothelin receptor B, endothelin receptor B1a, ros, rose, rse
- White R, Cech J, Ratanasirintrawoot S, Lin C, Rahl P, Burke C, et al. DHODH modulates transcriptional elongation in the neural crest and melanoma. Nature. 2011;471:518-22 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these studies highlight developmental pathways in neural crest cells that have a direct bearing on melanoma formation. ..
- Frohnhöfer H, Krauss J, Maischein H, NUSSLEIN VOLHARD C. Iridophores and their interactions with other chromatophores are required for stripe formation in zebrafish. Development. 2013;140:2997-3007 pubmed publisher..Mutations in rose (rse) or shady (shd) cause a lack or strong reduction of iridophores in adult fish; in addition, the melanophore ..
- Arduini B, Bosse K, Henion P. Genetic ablation of neural crest cell diversification. Development. 2009;136:1987-94 pubmed publisher..Our results identify a genetic regulatory pathway functionally discrete from the process of neural crest induction that is required for the initiation of neural crest cell diversification during embryonic development. ..
- Bink R, Habuchi H, Lele Z, Dolk E, Joore J, Rauch G, et al. Heparan sulfate 6-o-sulfotransferase is essential for muscle development in zebrafish. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:31118-27 pubmed..In conclusion, our results show that transfer of sulfate to specific positions on glycosaminoglycans is essential for muscle development. ..
- Lister J, Cooper C, Nguyen K, Modrell M, Grant K, Raible D. Zebrafish Foxd3 is required for development of a subset of neural crest derivatives. Dev Biol. 2006;290:92-104 pubmed
- Braasch I, Volff J, Schartl M. The endothelin system: evolution of vertebrate-specific ligand-receptor interactions by three rounds of genome duplication. Mol Biol Evol. 2009;26:783-99 pubmed publisher..Bony vertebrates generally possess three receptor genes, EdnrA, EdnrB1, and EdnrB2...
- Nair S, Li W, Cornell R, Schilling T. Requirements for Endothelin type-A receptors and Endothelin-1 signaling in the facial ectoderm for the patterning of skeletogenic neural crest cells in zebrafish. Development. 2007;134:335-45 pubmed..Collectively, our results indicate that Edn1 from the pharyngeal ectoderm signals through Ednra proteins to direct early dorsoventral patterning of the skeletogenic neural crest. ..
- Krauss J, Astrinidis P, Astrinides P, Frohnhöfer H, Walderich B, NUSSLEIN VOLHARD C. transparent, a gene affecting stripe formation in Zebrafish, encodes the mitochondrial protein Mpv17 that is required for iridophore survival. Biol Open. 2013;2:703-10 pubmed publisher..The specificity of the tra phenotype is most likely due to redundancy after gene multiplication, making this mutant a valuable model to understand the molecular function of Mpv17 in mitochondria. ..