Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: dvl2
Description: dishevelled segment polarity protein 2
Alias: sb:eu471, wu:fc05d12, wu:fo71e09, wu:fp54a02, zgc:55372, segment polarity protein dishevelled homolog DVL-2, dishevelled 2, dsh homolog, dishevelled, dsh homolog 2
- Shiomi K, Uchida H, Keino Masu K, Masu M. Ccd1, a novel protein with a DIX domain, is a positive regulator in the Wnt signaling during zebrafish neural patterning. Curr Biol. 2003;13:73-7 pubmed..These results indicate that Ccd1 is a novel positive regulator in this Wnt signaling pathway during zebrafish neural patterning. ..
- Stuckenholz C, Lu L, Thakur P, Choi T, Shin D, Bahary N. Sfrp5 modulates both Wnt and BMP signaling and regulates gastrointestinal organogenesis [corrected] in the zebrafish, Danio rerio. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e62470 pubmed publisher..We show that Sfrp5 inhibits both canonical and non-canonical Wnt signaling during embryonic and endodermal development, resulting in endodermal abnormalities...
- Lum W, Robertson J, Van Raay T. Dishevelled2 is a stable protein during early zebrafish development. Zebrafish. 2011;8:65-71 pubmed publisher..we demonstrate that during early zebrafish development Nkd1 does not alter either endogenous or exogenous levels of Dvl2. Furthermore, Dvl2 does not affect the levels of Nkd1...
- Cui S, Capecci L, Matthews R. Disruption of planar cell polarity activity leads to developmental biliary defects. Dev Biol. 2011;351:229-41 pubmed publisher..Our results demonstrate that PCP plays an important role in vertebrate biliary development, interacting with other factors known to be involved in biliary morphogenesis. ..
- Carvalho C, Vasanth S, Shinawi M, Russell C, Ramocki M, Brown C, et al. Dosage changes of a segment at 17p13.1 lead to intellectual disability and microcephaly as a result of complex genetic interaction of multiple genes. Am J Hum Genet. 2014;95:565-78 pubmed publisher..in zebrafish embryos revealed a complex genetic architecture: dosage perturbation of four genes (ASGR1, ACADVL, DVL2, and GABARAP) impeded neurodevelopment and decreased dosage of the same loci caused a reduced mitotic index inÂ ..
- Choe C, Collazo A, Trinh L, Pan L, Moens C, Crump J. Wnt-dependent epithelial transitions drive pharyngeal pouch formation. Dev Cell. 2013;24:296-309 pubmed publisher..We propose that this dynamic control of epithelial morphology by Wnt signaling may be a common theme for the budding of organ anlagen from the endoderm. ..
- Yang Y, Thorpe C. BMP and non-canonical Wnt signaling are required for inhibition of secondary tail formation in zebrafish. Development. 2011;138:2601-11 pubmed publisher..We propose a model in which BMP and the non-canonical Wnt pathway regulate tail morphogenesis by controlling cell migration and cell adhesion within the tailbud...
- Van Raay T, Fortino N, Miller B, Ma H, Lau G, Li C, et al. Naked1 antagonizes Wnt signaling by preventing nuclear accumulation of ?-catenin. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e18650 pubmed publisher..Given the conserved nature of Nkd1, our results shed light on the negative feedback regulation of Wnt signaling through the Nkd1-mediated negative control of nuclear accumulation of ?-catenin. ..
- Segalen M, Johnston C, Martin C, Dumortier J, Prehoda K, David N, et al. The Fz-Dsh planar cell polarity pathway induces oriented cell division via Mud/NuMA in Drosophila and zebrafish. Dev Cell. 2010;19:740-52 pubmed publisher..Overall, we describe a Frizzled-Dishevelled-NuMA pathway that orients division from Drosophila to vertebrates. ..
- Hagemann A, Kurz J, Kauffeld S, Chen Q, Reeves P, Weber S, et al. In vivo analysis of formation and endocytosis of the Wnt/?-catenin signaling complex in zebrafish embryos. J Cell Sci. 2014;127:3970-82 pubmed publisher..It is continuously assembled by Dvl2-mediated recruitment of the transducer complex to the activated receptors and partially disassembled by endocytosis...
- Serluca F, Xu B, Okabe N, Baker K, Lin S, Sullivan Brown J, et al. Mutations in zebrafish leucine-rich repeat-containing six-like affect cilia motility and result in pronephric cysts, but have variable effects on left-right patterning. Development. 2009;136:1621-31 pubmed publisher..Combined with recently published results, our alleles suggest that the function of seahorse in cilia motility is separable from its function in other cilia-related phenotypes. ..
- Larraguibel J, Weiss A, Pasula D, Dhaliwal R, Kondra R, Van Raay T. Wnt ligand-dependent activation of the negative feedback regulator Nkd1. Mol Biol Cell. 2015;26:2375-84 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, our results support the hypothesis that Nkd1 is recruited to the Wnt signalosome with Dvl2, where it becomes activated to move into the cytoplasm to interact with Î²-catenin, inhibiting its nuclear ..
- Jing L, Lefebvre J, Gordon L, Granato M. Wnt signals organize synaptic prepattern and axon guidance through the zebrafish unplugged/MuSK receptor. Neuron. 2009;61:721-33 pubmed publisher..We propose that Wnt ligands activate unplugged/MuSK signaling in muscle fibers to restrict growth cone guidance and AChR prepatterns to the muscle center through a mechanism reminiscent of the planar cell polarity pathway. ..
- Cheng X, Shao M, Li J, Wang Y, Qi J, Xu Z, et al. Leucine repeat adaptor protein 1 interacts with Dishevelled to regulate gastrulation cell movements in zebrafish. Nat Commun. 2017;8:1353 pubmed publisher..These findings demonstrate that Lurap1 functions to regulate cellular polarisation and motile behaviours during gastrulation movements. ..