Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: duox
Description: dual oxidase
Alias: duox1, dual oxidase 2, dual oxidase 1
- Yang H, Zou S, Zhai L, Wang Y, Zhang F, An L, et al. Pathogen invasion changes the intestinal microbiota composition and induces innate immune responses in the zebrafish intestine. Fish Shellfish Immunol. 2017;71:35-42 pubmed publisher..These results suggested that the invasion of pathogen could change the intestinal microbiota composition and induce intestinal innate immune responses in zebrafish. ..
- de Oliveira S, López Muñoz A, Candel S, Pelegrin P, Calado A, Mulero V. ATP modulates acute inflammation in vivo through dual oxidase 1-derived H2O2 production and NF-?B activation. J Immunol. 2014;192:5710-9 pubmed publisherb>Dual oxidase 1 (Duox1) is the NADPH oxidase responsible for the H2O2 gradient formed in tissues after injury to trigger the early recruitment of leukocytes...
- Brothers K, Gratacap R, Barker S, Newman Z, Norum A, Wheeler R. NADPH oxidase-driven phagocyte recruitment controls Candida albicans filamentous growth and prevents mortality. PLoS Pathog. 2013;9:e1003634 pubmed publisher..These novel links between ROS-driven chemotaxis and fungal dimorphism expand our view of a key host defense mechanism and have important implications for pathogenesis. ..
- Oehlers S, Flores M, Hall C, Swift S, Crosier K, Crosier P. The inflammatory bowel disease (IBD) susceptibility genes NOD1 and NOD2 have conserved anti-bacterial roles in zebrafish. Dis Model Mech. 2011;4:832-41 pubmed publisher..This work highlights the potential use of zebrafish larvae in the study of components of IBD pathogenesis. ..
- Candel S, de Oliveira S, López Muñoz A, García Moreno D, Espin Palazon R, Tyrkalska S, et al. Tnfa signaling through tnfr2 protects skin against oxidative stress-induced inflammation. PLoS Biol. 2014;12:e1001855 pubmed publisher..reporter transgenes, fluorescence microscopy, and flow cytometry, we identified the local production of dual oxidase 1 (Duox1)-derived H?O? by Tnfa- and Tnfr2-deficient keratinocytes as a trigger for the activation of the master ..
- Han P, Zhou X, Chang N, Xiao C, Yan S, Ren H, et al. Hydrogen peroxide primes heart regeneration with a derepression mechanism. Cell Res. 2014;24:1091-107 pubmed publisher..Decreasing H2O2 formation with the Duox inhibitors diphenyleneiodonium (DPI) or apocynin, or scavenging H2O2 by catalase overexpression markedly impaired ..
- Weaver C, Leung Y, Suter D. Expression dynamics of NADPH oxidases during early zebrafish development. J Comp Neurol. 2016;524:2130-41 pubmed publisher..Although the sequences of five NOX genes (nox1, nox2/cybb, nox4, nox5, and duox) have been identified in the zebrafish genome, nothing is known about their expression pattern...